Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 02:19:11
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Container Crew Members - Where are you going? Started by: Grin-07 on Apr 02, '20 13:58

"It has been a busy few days for us in The Grin Gang. Not only did we have to help old Don West and the Tranquility family in Seattle with the war effort, we then had to pick up the pieces from the fall of the various Chicago families, establish our own rackets and then coerce Tops-Man into handling things in South Side for the foreseeable future. It has been tiring and fortunately for all of us, a team of experienced mobsters arrived from the old country just in time to pick up the homeless, and make sure they did not consider....shudder...a life of legitimacy."

"Now that the bullets have stopped flying and the streets are returning to some sort of normalcy though, I would like to ask those members currently housed in one of the container crews what their plans are? You will note that a representative from The Grin Gang is in each of these crews and I myself have been available from outset for anyone looking for a chat. However, to date, we have had nobody seeking sponsorship within this city from within one of the container crews and after speaking with my fellow bosses, the story is similar across the country." 

"Therefore I would be extremely grateful if you could let the other bosses and I across the cities, know what we can do to help you transition from container to real family. We have opened up the following crews for you to join and more are on the way:"

• Chicago

• Grin-07 (5 spaces)
    • Tops-Man (27 spaces)
  • Detroit

• FatherJack (5 spaces)
    • Katerina (5 spaces)
    • Farage (3 spaces)
  • Los Angeles

• Harison (8 spaces)
  • New York

• Koyuki (1 space)
    • Beyond (2 spaces)
  • Philly

• Lust (4 spaces)
    • RobertMoore (6 spaces)
    • AegonTargaryen (26 spaces)
  • Seattle

• West (2 spaces)
    • Rizadon (1 space)

"What are you looking for? Where would you like to see it? What can we do to help you move from the shadows and into the established organisations across the country?"

Grin turns to his associate. "Did you make a note of all of that?"

"Sure did, Boss!" Said nameless associate, beaming with pride as he scribbled away.

"Good work. Make sure a copy of that gets to all of these people," he said handing him a list of names: 

Blathers | __Ayahuasca | Ford_F | Atropos | Bottas | Boudicca | Dolores | Hugo-Vasquez | Kenzi | TazioLeonetti | The_Hitcher | Vanessa | Zoom | Alastor_Delmont | GrinchyGrinch | RespectingNHS | Syndicate | VivianaLeonetti | El_Gonzo | Isadora | KodakBlack | Syndicate- | Ezekiel | KingProer | Ronin | Dammeul | Irishman | Novacane | Agent_Keener | Athene | Connor_McManus | SamAdams | Balthromaw | Banksy | CassieLinton | Charlotte | ChickHearn | Clarkson | Covid_ | Frenchie_Alfonso | Griffith | Orlin_Lang | Prophet | PympTyght | Tobes | Vincent_Manna | Balboa | Carl_Reed | GuDnite | Rockyzao | vshrek | ChrisMav | JoBo | Takkar | Lizzy | Pedro | Coral | Donna | Donny_Donowitz | Gidan_V | Gustav-Morello | King-Kendrick | Mazdyn-Morello | Monkey_D-Luffy | Quarentine | Radagast | Randy_Marsh | Sally | ScottMcCall |Sully | Vapor | Winno | Delicate | Shizune_katani | @Tops | BlackishRedd | Charles_Barkley | Coughing | Mao_Zedong | Raffi | Refugee | drdeath | Disturbed | Baal | DeanDomino | Hope_Mikaelson | ChesterGreenburg | JesseMontgomeryIII | Samael

Report Post Tips: 20 / Total: $1,410,000 Tip

Balthromaw steps outside and says “Several of the crews you listed are temporary so why should members go from one temporary housing to another? Now the reason these people were authed was to prevent the districts from being invaded. Wouldn’t it make more sense for the reminding cities to set up auths, not temporary auths before they start their adventure? Also many crews were listed as ‘closed’ until only a day or so ago therefore putting out that they did not want members. I believe those in container crews should wait actual auths, not temporary ones such as Beyond, and AegonTargaryen. Also that those recruiting not in container crews ask yourself this question: Why do new people on this shore continue to choose empty spaces in temporary housing rather than take the few spaces that had been left and are still left in crews that are not containers?”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Balthromaw, it is my understanding that these auths are not temporary auths; they are all kosher 100% authed auth's and there will be more to follow.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Did your CL not send out the mass mails from their city heads stating that they are in fact temporary? I assume not my friend.
Report Post Tip

That is exactly why we are out here, Balthromaw. I am asking what do we need to provide so that members of the container crews can transition from temporary shelter into a permanent family? The whole point of the container crews is to provide temporary shelter and then help their members access real families. Currently, very few, if any, people are moving across and that is what we need to rectify, no?

Your point with regards to the perceived temporary real families is a fair one. My understanding is that these crews also house the person who will subsequently takeover the leadership position when they come of age, but I will confirm that for you. If I am right, then it would not be exchanging one container crew for another, it would be an opportunity to assist their future boss get the family on the best possible footing.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"While I was doing jobs, I think only container crews reached out to me.  I did send a few private messages out to uppers I saw online for established crews.  Just little notes saying hello, complimenting their suits, and none of them reached back asking if I needed work.  So, eventually, I just went with someone who ideally could protect me."

"I figure if I do anything of value in the streets may be one of these esteemed people will reach out to me directly with an offer of employment.  Until then, I'm content to stay where I am.  Though rest assured, the choice of a container crew over one that is more established was really all about who was offering me a place to stay and I am very grateful to Crossing Paths for giving me a place to rest my head safely."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Yes, my gang leader made the original speech and in no way intimates that any of the current leaders are "temporary leaders".  Also, the container crew I am liaising with also pinged a mail out to me that states:

"Permanent crews with openings."

The crews intimated to in the speech are not temporary auth's.

Report Post Tip

I had been under the impression that the representatives in the crews would be reaching out to me and telling me more about themselves and the people they are representing. I have yet to be contacted by anyone about joining another crew except from my sponsor.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Quarantine steps up after hearing Grin's speech. 

Frankly I am glad you said something Grin, I've never seen anything quite like this before. Does this mean we should be allowed to leave our container crew for any other crew at will? I'm also wondering if there's one crew that might be better to join over others for matter of personal taste and whatnot. I guess that second question would be up to me to decide. 

Report Post Tip

I feel there is a bit of a miscommunication somewhere with regards to that Syndicate-.

The space you currently occupy is a temporary one which will be closing in the not too distant future. In the ordinary workings of the Mafia, the onus is on the associate looking for a future in the mob to approach the Boss who has the work, rather than the other way around. There is some leeway with this during the period of the container crews and I have sent a representative of my family to each of them for this purpose; to provide you with someone you can speak to and secure further information about my organisation if you so wish.

In any event, I have begun this discussion so that you are aware of the options that are available to you and also ask you, and others like you, what it is you are looking for so that we may provide it for you. Quite generous, really.

Quarentine, I would suggest a polite mail to your container crewleader thanking them for their protection before you leave, but otherwise they are not real families and you have not taken any vows of exclusivity with them. As to who to join, that is entirely up to you. In my opinion, Chicago is great. 

Report Post Tip

If the King is not mistaken, the container crews are in situ to increase the availability of jobs to ensure old lines and new are not abandoned, causing them to migrate away from our fine shores.

There are currently more mobsters than homes available without these crews. Once the balance is redressed, I have no doubt these crews will ceased to exist - although leaders may seek auth under a legitimate business venture once their container crew is dissolved.

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing holding anyone to any container crew, and if anyone finds a crew that meets their criteria, they are welcome to migrate freely. I know that the Elder Council will not be preventing any talks or transfers from occuring.

I'm not sure what else we can do to be any more transparent, beyond maybe posting and updating a members list in a back alley somewhere for all the leaders to see? This might allow for the less motivated mobsters to be contacted directly? 

Report Post Tip

“Grin, as Isadora stated they had messaged bolds and hands with absolute no reply. No interest in taking in the homeless to protect them when there was space. As you listed above there are crews with few spots open, those spots had been open before the containers set up, there have been chances for them to take lead and house these people but choose not to. Many of ours that came to us after the war who kept their heads down during the war were shot at. Maybe they feel as if they are not wanted but only for another notch in their gun, so why would they reach out AGAIN only to be ignored AGAIN? I also feel as if it’s your representatives responsibility to recruit these people as why would they be here otherwise? Not my responsibility, I did my part in recruiting, housing and teaching. Not the members as they’ve tried to contact permanent crews, they were given the same opportunities to recruit these members but either failed at doing so or simply did not want to.”

Report Post Tip
Dont worry Left Hand Man to Novacane.

I have an associate currently going through the final stages of preparations.

Once this is complete I will look to send him over to you with Novacanes blessings. He has already done more than enough to become a Made Man. At 11 days old my hope is your members will have seen what a great guy he is, I hope he can be set up as a hand within your crew to aid this, and he can situate himself under me here in Detroit.

This means you dont need to do much more other than fill the HQ and await opportunities for your members to leave.

I thank you for your help in these times. If you want you can join me after? Drop me a mail and I'll see if you meet the criteria if interested.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

King, you're right as to the purpose of the container crews and the list of their members are now available for all to see.

Balthromaw, I was not aware of Isadora's situation as I was not one of the people she mailed nor, until just now, have I heard her mention it. That is why we have discussions like this, to see what the problems are and how we can help to address them.

I also feel you are very much generalising as to what is happening based upon a statement Isadora has made in the last hour, unless you can provide further examples to support your statement that these people have made approaches and been ignored? If that is the case, I would be extremely grateful if you could redirect these people to Chicago where they will definitely be welcome to a permanent home and let me know who ignored whom, so I can raise it with the other bosses and find out why. Alternatively, if it is not the case, please do not make broad unsubstantiated claims as they are not productive in any way. 

Part of the reason for my speech is to remind people that whilst we are in extraordinary circumstances with regards to container crews, this is still the Mafia and you are still young associates trying to make a name for yourselves. Expecting the bosses of our world to come with their beggar's bowl for you to decide whether or not they meet your standards would not be a sound long-term career move. You should take this opportunity which has been afforded to you to engage with the real crews around and see which one you would like to work for. Alternatively, please use this discussion as a place to explain what it is the existing setup is lacking preventing you from moving on.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

My apologies Grin-07, as I was specifically mentioned, I assumed my conduct was being questioned. The King didn't realise this was intended to be a more general conversation, directed at those housed within said crews. The King shall return to his throne now.

~HRH.

Report Post Tip

However, to date, we have had nobody seeking sponsorship within this city from within one of the container crews and after speaking with my fellow bosses, the story is similar across the country.

That is not technically true Grin-07.  I personally reached out to you enquiring when more opportunities would be there in Chicago before I even attempted to seek temporary shelter.

Viviana retrieved the pieces of paper she had received in the mail, reread them then waved the papers in the air to gain Grin-07's attention.

To: VivianaLeonetti
Sent: Mar 31, '20 12:17
Subject:

Unfortunately it is probably going to be about a week or so. 

I understand if you don't wish to wait that long.

To: Grin-07
Sent: Mar 31, '20 07:25
Subject:

Good morning signor Grin-07. 

I was enquiring if you knew of a timeframe for when Chicago would be expanding to house more people.

~Viviana Leonetti

Yet after being told the timeframe I was told, and shortly after finding temporary shelter did I notice that another business had set up root there.  Kind of surprising that was to see so fast.  

So to answer your question of where am we going?  Well my Husband- TazioLeonetti and I have not made a decision yet, and I am unsure why we were being drawn out here to the streets after the correspondence received.

Good day to you signor.

Report Post Tip

You don't need to wave the papers in the air to get my attention. You are being asked to join me out here because you're in a container crew which will fold in the future. This is to safeguard your future. 

As you can see things have changed in Chicago as we managed to arrange for Taps-Man to transfer over here from Detroit, an emergency measure I put in place to see more people able to find legitimate families. You might wish to contact him about joining Chicago, if that is your intention.

Report Post Tip

It is not container crews vs permanent crews, we're all here for the same goal ultimately and that's to get everyone where they want to be and feel comfortable being. It is our duty to be making sure there are housing for everyone, so people get a feel and can choose where they want to go in the long run but do not forget you can reach out to us yourself. To ask about plans, that may or may not change if you have an interest in our cities.

I am too sorting out a trusted associate to represent Philadelphia that should be coming to Vegas shortly.

We're all doing our best out here, a lot of rebuilding had to happen and no arguing or calling anyone out is going to solve anything. 

Report Post Tip

I believe that it is in everyone’s interest to get this sorted out so that we can return to business as usual. I’m sure those who are interested in transferring will be reaching out in the coming days and likewise if the other side wants to recruit them then go and give them your best offer. I don't see why they should rush making a decision now, when (unless I’m mistaking) new auths should arrive in the near future offering even more opportunities. Regardless we are here to help in any way we can until our members find their fit.

Report Post Tip

Grin-07

Expecting the bosses of our world to come with their beggar's bowl for you to decide whether or not they meet your standards would not be a sound long-term career move.

No, it is the job of your sponsor to do this.  You can't sit back and be passive with your hand out waiting for taxes to jump in it.  If you are unable or unwilling to to take an active interest in finding members good for your family, then you're sponsor should.  People who have struck a temporary alliance with one of the city halls crews have many options on who they should work with in the future, maybe City Hall should employ NPC Inc. to aid in the protection of Vegas on a permanent level if the ego's of the crewleaders all share the same view.

Your ring is unworthy to kiss, and to demand so speaks volumes.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $460,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Container Crew Members - Where are you going?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL