Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 16:25:35
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
Best way to upgrade cooking skills Started by: Reeno on May 07, '20 18:55

I couldn't cook to save myself a few years ago but after plenty of practice and time on my hands I can bake a perfect cake and cook really good. So I would say don't rush things and practice

Report Post Tip

The great old Dame Delia Smith did a beginners guide for those leaving home (going to uni or whatever), I tihnk it's on youtube but it's really good, saved my Niece life!

Report Post Tip

Cook, cook, cook.

Report Post Tip

Experiment and practice

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

my wife tells me that anyone can cook, as long as they can read.  do what it says in the recipe book

I have two books. Youtube and practice
Report Post Tip
Watch YouTube videos. There are plenty of good ones out there
Report Post Tip

When you try something new and it comes out good, having written down your changes is a big help

Report Post Tip

Don't be afraid to experiment a bit, taste as you go along.

Report Post Tip

Just practice, learn and practice  

Report Post Tip

Call your grandmother.

Report Post Tip

By trying and failing until you get it right.

Report Post Tip

Don't bother. Just accept you're a disgrace and go to McDonalds. 

Report Post Tip
I’ve just given up on this, and found someone that cooks for me.

When I managed to burn the spaghetti while boiling it, it was kind of enough.
Report Post Tip

Experience is definitely the best way to get better at cooking.

If you're struggling with the basics, follow recipes for a while until you're confident enough to try experimenting a little bit!

Reddit has some good subreddits for beginner cooks, or if you have spare cash (ha ha I know) those meal delivery plans like HelloFresh or whatever are quite good for getting techniques and such down. 

Report Post Tip

Practice is the key, when I got together with my wife she did all the cooking. So much that I was out of touch with it and when asked toput dinner on a couple of years ago. I put on and didn't think to periodically stir the Spanish chicken, so it burnt to the bottom of the pan. Screwing up the Simpsons lest thing made me realise I needed to cook properly more often and not relyon oven food

Report Post Tip

I recently purchased a meater temp probe they are great for the kitchen and the bbq brilliant results. general tip add beer or wine to the chef for even better results

Report Post Tip
Getting some decent kitchen tools I'd always good. A good set of knives, pans, etc. I always use the internet like BBC recipes website. Only issue I have is sourcing ingredients that might be more common or cheaper in UK. I can't cook Japanese food at all. Western style food is ok.

Best way is to burn it or under cook it...

Or just experiment with different things

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Best way to upgrade cooking skills
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL