Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 19:40:28
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Best way to upgrade cooking skills Started by: Reeno on May 07, '20 18:55

Practice, practice and did I mention practice? experiment and don't be afraid to try something new. YouTube is also a great source to get started then you can remix it to your own style. That is basically what cooking is, remixing old recipes.  

Report Post Tip

Follow Gladius' recipes in the Streets and bake yourself an amazing upside down cake. It isn't as nutrient rich as some dishes, but who doesn't love cake? 

Report Post Tip

Cook, cook, cook! Watch other people cook. Read recipes but try to think about the thought process that's gone into it. Learn basic principles and foundational recipes such as soups and stews which are easy to put your own spin on and learn what you like and don't like.

Report Post Tip

For me it has always been watching the Hairy Bikers. It is SUCH a disaster that Mr. Meyers died this year - they were a wholesome pair that genuinely brought love of cooking and friendship together. Their recipes are so easy to follow, and invariably delicious!

Report Post Tip

Open a bottle of Cab. Pour yourself a glass. Add a glass to your pot on the stove. Good for sauce flavor and makes you feel good and hungry too. Don't be afraid to experiment with seasonings. How people can eat naked food is beyond me. Season that grub!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Either by getting hypnotised into being a great cook, or by reading/ watching and practicing a lot I guess - kinda like anything 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Try different spices! Take a look at your local markets spice aisle & see what you might not have, but at least do some research first, please. Don’t be using the whole damn bottle of cumin if you hate spice
Report Post Tip

go school to cook wont go with out eat if tack that cold you cook all good food and get pade for cooking hope you cook life way better

Report Post Tip

You could always watch youtube and learn that way. I do it with my cake baking and have a lot of recipes saved there

Report Post Tip

i think the best way is to always watch some random videos eating or cooking. practice makes perfect but nobodies perfect lol.. just practice and practice and voila.. you are now good at cooking but not the best though lol

Report Post Tip

I’d have said a cookbook, but tbh YouTube is probably better than that these days. I feel like books often take assumed knowledge for certain steps, whereas a video you can see exactly what/ how to do it 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It has got to be following the BBC recipes and watching the Hairy Bikers (God rest his soul =[) on their tours across Europe and the UK. Their dishes were always so easy to emulate, and with practice master. Also, any show containing Raymond Blanc are an inspiration!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Best way to upgrade cooking skills
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL