Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 13:23:36
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Jail breaking in Chicago Started by: Cab_Tufting on Mar 01, '08 14:55
Approaches the top of the Partisans HQ steps.....

Whilst this will undoubtedly irk some people, I feel that those who do not contribute in any way to this horrible practice of throwing our sleeping friends in jail should not benefit from my undertaking's in said dealings in Chicago. As of now, Chicago is off limits to anyone jail breaking while I, AD or my Captains are awake.

Motions for the rabble to quiet down....

Of course, those mafioso that do fill jails, if we are online, drop us a line or catch up with us in the Partisans coffee shop and let us know you are filling it. This will allow me to keep a tally of how often you offer your services and will obviously exclude you from this ruling.

Lights a large Cuban....

So, in summary here, gone are the days of benefiting from others generosity in Chicago. There are plenty of mafioso around that offer their services, I would suggest you use one of them and make sure to let us know if you are filling the jail in Chicago. This way, we know not to single you out when we see you thrown in.

I should also emphasise that this only applies to Chicago, what the other leaders decide to do in their cities is up to them. I shall be sponsoring an office in the Chicago business district to deal with the following costs for the rest of you.

Earner - 25k p/w

Wise Guy - 50k p/w

Made Man - 75k p/w

Capo + - 100k p/w

Pricks his ear to a comment from somewhere in the crowd....

Yes, thats right, there is no charge for you until you hit earner. But I will expect the rest of you to pay your way on a weekly basis unless we have a prior arrangement, but I have spoken of this already. People I know and bloodlines my bloodline has dealt with frequently in the past, you know who you are and can consider yourselves exempt from this tax.

As for the rest of you, people taking advantage of my generosity has forced me to move on this issue, make sure to pop into the office in Chicago from tomorrow if you are planning to fill in Chicago.

Smiles and nods to the crowd....

Any questions?
Report Post Tip
Considering the benefits that this practice can offer I dont see why it should be such a pressing issue to any mafioso on thier respective travels.

I like this and it's not too expensive tax wise.

Then again, I would say that wouldn't I?.
Report Post Tip
*Tries to convince himself that this is still the mafia...*

So now we have to pay to help people escape Bubba?

If I was in jail and just about to get raped by that big mean man, I would be paying the jail breaker, not have the jail breaker paying me..

But there you go, your the boss, your rules.

*walks off and jumps on a plane back to Philly*
Report Post Tip
Only if you do not contribute to the horrible practice of throwing our friends in Vas my friend.

Do not be so hasty in your pessimisms.
Report Post Tip
Giraffes are suprisingly good swimmers.

CHICAGO FOR AUTH.
Report Post Tip
I am not being hasty sir, forgive me..

I just think it's a silly rule considering you cannot catch thouse who jail break without fail, the only people you will catch who are busting without paying are those who are still trainning, other than that, everyone else will be unseen in breaking the rule.

Forgive me sir if I am speaking out of line, I just think it needs to be brought up.
Report Post Tip
Everyone gets thrown in once in a while.

But yes you are right. It is going to come down to making a mistake and not getting away with it. Such is life unfortunately.

I am just trying to move things forward in this thing of ours. I have seen many leaders come and go that don't do anything. I do not want to be one of those leaders.

As for your thinking it is a stupid idea, frankly I don't give a shit.

Smiles wryly...

Like you pointed out, Chicago is mine.
Report Post Tip
POC,

Unless you can provide me some footage, I am going to claim you are lying on swimming giraffes.
Report Post Tip
How do you think I get to the HQ every morning from my island mansion...
Report Post Tip
Sir Tufting,

I never said it was a "stupid" idea, I would never use such words to a man of your power, I said it was silly for the simple fact that catching people who are jail breaking without paying tax is going to be very hard, that is all.

As for you not giving a shit, I didn't expect you to do so, but however, giving a shit isn't something someone of your power is likely to give anyway :)
Report Post Tip
I shall be on the next flight out of Chicago.

Enjoy your jails.
Report Post Tip
I shall be on the next flight into Chicago to enjoy your jails.

I mean...erm...
Report Post Tip
Wait......

Are you insinuating you are my friend POC?

I could really do with that not being made public you know........
Report Post Tip
hmmm I am unsure of my flight plans as of now.

But on a more important note I love seeing Chicago having great ideas, good work and good luck.
Report Post Tip
Cab, can you just confirm I'm understanding this correctly. As someone who tends to fill up the jails quite regularly, not just for myself but for others too, I want to clarify things before doing anything further in Chicago.

Am I correct in thinking that, filling up the Chicago jails for my own use is ok as long as I let yourself, or your representatives, know in advance...and that there's no tax on this?

On the other hand, if I'm not the one actually contributing the crackdown, I can still participate there as long as I've paid my fee for that week to your Chicago office?

Appreciated.

Turk
Report Post Tip
So basically the police no longer control the jail?
Report Post Tip
what apile of bullshit

good luck though
Report Post Tip
It seems like the police still control the jails..

but the 'Don' of the City controls the crime - and who commits the crime (Such as jailbreaking) and is making an effort to capitalize an idea, right or wrong.

Its always easy to complain .. but if your one of them think "what have I changed or made different in the game"

And for most of the mafioso its nothing.

Only time will tell if this idea will work, but for me I will be abiding by the rule as I something find myself jailbreaking in Chicago :)
Report Post Tip
In a sense this is quite messed up. We pay for crackdowns and you benefit, you pay for them we don't. So why don't you keep your family from busting in other cities as well. I mean if you wanna set rules like this expect them to apply right back.
Report Post Tip
what the other leaders decide to do in their cities is up to them.

No other leader has enforced a rule like this. So why should anyone in a Chicago family refrain from breaking people out in another city? There is nothing stating it's against a rules that a current AGF has put into place.

How can you expect someone to apply the rule right back, when there is no rule to apply?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Jail breaking in Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL