Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 03:42:58
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
5 man Operations in Chicago - Clarification Started by: Grin-08 on Jun 30, '20 12:55

Seems like people are misunderstanding what is on offer here.

I am allowing people who have achieved the rank of Made Man to setup a 5 man HQ. Having purchased their HQ, they will then take on the role of a captain running their own crew of guys, their earnings, their promotions, their interactions, so on and so forth, under the umbrella of my Grin Gang family. If they are successful and the number of available workers justifies it, I will allow them to expand.

I've heard various musings about the purpose of this and although this should be obvious, it isn't just as a snide means of killing people. I would point to the work of both Kirsty, who expanded to a 10 man outfit, and Billie, who ultimately was allowed to spread her wings into Las Vegas as a fully fledged family of her own. It isn't an experiment city project where the future ends in getting fucked.

The main motivation is actually to try and make Made Man a meaningful rank. It isn't meant to be a "pay-4-auth" campaign as has been derisively thrown around, but this is the mob and money is important, so I charge people equivalent to what I would expect a normal member of that level to earn me, with some left over for the captain to use as they see fit.

In an ideal world, I would want my entire family to be run this way, with every Made Man taking their own HQ and running their own set of guys and reporting back to me. I think it would help them gain an understanding of the responsibility of being a Boss, whilst having the security of being a captain. I think it would create a more obvious hierarchical structure, with associates reporting directly to the person who runs their base of operations. And, it provides me, the Boss, insulation from the cops and whoever else might be trying to turn my street guys into Government witnesses.

Part of being a Made Man is not being a whiny little bitch. You've paid your dues, made your bones and now, in my ideology, have your own rackets with your own crew. This should mean that you can settle your problems yourselves and I don't need to get involved every time you open your mouth and upset someone. I am very much a believer in people taking responsibility for themselves and their actions and if one of my captains upsets someone or is similarly upset over an argument in the street, I don't view that as needing my involvement. 

So for those of you whinging about JackHenryAbbot because he had a choice word or two to say, take it up with JackHenryAbbot in the first instance. He's a big boy with his own operation and these are exactly the type of decisions he has taken the opportunity to make. If you feel that it warrants my involvement after that, approach me for a sit-down and I'll make a ruling on what I've seen be that anything from "go away and toughen up" to pushing a button on him. 

I hope that clears things up about how the 5 man operations work. They remain available to anyone interested and if anyone is still unclear about the whys or the hows, speak up now rather than talking shit elsewhere. Cheers. 

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $280,000 Tip

Right smiled

I never seen it before in behaviour of adults, but apparently that's the first, the second, the third, the fourth, the fifth and the sixth time in my entire life that I have seen a 'big boy' put his index fingers in his ears and starts screaming to himself to avoid discussions then.

Right turned Right and walked off.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Whilst I am glad we can provide you with new experiences, I'm disappointed that was your take away from this discussion. 

Report Post Tip

All rules were already clear. Everyone can still find them on the Streets.

The motivation behind the plan was already clear, as it can be found at the same place.

The story about the Big Boy was new, so I reacted on that.

Do you consider his six reactions of plugging broccoli in his ears something a Made Man, or even a Captain, should do, being a Made Man, and a Captain?

Report Post Tip

Sure is a lot of talk about respect, earning your spot among our leaders, paying dues, hard work, and so from a guy who was handed a crew only days after dying like a bitch.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip
Skumbag, why don't you say what you *really* feel?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Speak truth to power, Skumbag, let it all out.

Here’s the real situation, none of you who have issues with JackHenryAbbot have the balls to deal with it. You stand around making snide remarks, hoping that Grin will smite him down. But guess what, my little cry babies, that clearly isn’t happening. So the next time you wanna whine cause Jack hurt your feelings, deal with it like a man, or woman. Stop looking to others to handle your emotional problems
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $570,000 Tip

It appears Grin-08's nutsacks in Chicago are a bunch of eager smack talking tools as well. Please don't spam me with vulgar messages telling me to come talk shit in the streets. If you're that desperate to fight me in the streets, call me out in the streets, not my inbox.

Get your mouth and hands off Grin's wang and let him come defend himself. He's a big boy. He doesn't need you to do it for him. Nor does he condone the shit talking on behalf of others as evidenced by his initial speech.

Good day, Cromwell.

Report Post Tip

Well hello, Skumbag.

Firstly, I haven't died like a bitch or otherwise, because I'm very much alive. If I had, I wouldn't be here having this lovely conversation with you right now.

Secondly, what makes you think I didn't pay my dues, work hard or show respect to those deserving of it? It seems like I must have done all of those things or I wouldn't have this position and I certainly wouldn't be able to hold it. Why wouldn't someone have shot disrespectful, lazy, undeserving little old me?

I also don't really think your comments thus far are particularly useful to the discussion. I'd appreciate it if you could focus on the matter at hand, really.

And, Right, I didn't see him do that. I saw him dismiss your comments and not engage with you. Not particularly pleasant behaviour, like I told you, but not something I really think requires a Boss to step in to resolve. How would that look? "Hey Jack, call off that job on National Bank, now. Go and answer Right in the street instead. He needs you to reply to him oh so much?" Doesn't sound very mafia to me, honestly. 

Report Post Tip

Wrong.

He did not dismiss any comment. He put broccoli in his ears. He did not have the balls to answer me, despite claiming to be extremely bright and clever, compared to me.

You called it disrespectful yourself.

After you said so, he did so 5 more times.

Report Post Tip

Grin-08 - perhaps I was too harsh on Right.  Maybe we are downplaying how difficult it is for him not to have me talk to him?  I definitely had second thoughts, which is why I invited him to "say his piece."

I must say, with regret, that he squandered his opportunity.  And I am left wondering just what it is that he wants from me.  I could speculate, but my time with Big Ape perhaps makes me overly suspicious of friendly masculine overtures.

Report Post Tip

So....just so I'm clear.

If, and lets be clear that this is a hypothetical scenario, if one your Chicago underlings died. Do they have to pay for another HQ?

And, also, just so I'm clearly understanding your argument here...you didn't die on Grin-07? Am I right in understanding that? Or does your bloodline surpass death? I'm just trying to understand your logic, which is currently:

"I've earned my respect through my bloodline. So I'm entitled to a crew at 26 days old. You know, cause of my bloodline. Also, I run CH, no matter what. Even if I die. Cause of my bloodline. Again, I can't stress enough how much I've earned. Due to my bloodline. Also, I never died on Grin-07. And I never have to work hard again. Cause of my bloodline. HOWEVER, those who aren't me, must pay to have a crew under me. They haven't earned it with their bloodline. Only my bloodline matters. Just mine. Bloodline."

Am I getting that right?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

No, you aren't getting it right. I'm telling you I'm Grin-08, not Grin-07. Grin-08 got shot, remember? Died like a bitch according to you.

You should have said; 

"Sure is a lot of talk about respect, earning your spot among our leaders, paying dues, hard work, and so from a guy who was handed a crew only days after Grin-07 died like a bitch." That would have been right, because we are two separate people.

How I came to control Chicago is because Zapata, the underboss of Grin-07 who became the head of Chicago, designated me, Grin-08, as his underboss because he felt I had made my bones. Further, he felt that I should establish an operation in The Loop of my own. After he, Nipper and Fidd were gunned down, I was asked to succeed him as the leader of Chicago.

I'm actually trying to do something here that involves zero bloodline related endeavours, no quizzes, no scrutiny at all really, just the fact you've been Made is enough to qualify. If you prefer we can just run with a biological passport on everyone instead? Say 5+ generations of solid loyalty before you progress and 10+ generations before you get any authority? Would that be better than this?

I don't really know why you've developed a 70 day hard on for me or how I came to be where I am. The reality is that I am here and the people who matter are comfortable with that. As to the money side of this, what's the big deal about a Captain, i.e. someone who works for me, tributing $5,000,000 per week to me? Seems pretty reasonable. 

I usually try to avoid talking to corpses - I'm a sensitive soul like that - but it's worth stepping outside of my comfort zone to make a point.

Fact is, an I know I'm a traditionalist, when I'm working with a city with a hierarchy that I respect and support, I basically give them a very significant cut of everything I earn.  And I am what's known in our world as a big earner.  $5M a week?  That's nothin' - if I was a Capo in Grin-08's crew, I'd think kicking up double that was a bad week, and would apologise accordingly.

Fact is, Grin-08 loses money by my tributing $5M a week.

Anyone who thinks the $5M a week is the reason for Chicago operating like it does has rocks in their head.

Report Post Tip

A consig from Seattle states 

Sure is a lot of talk about respect, earning your spot among our leaders, paying dues, hard work, and so from a guy who was handed a crew only days after dying like a bitch.

This Consig is then gunned down for it. He did not say "you are a bitch", he said you died like one. A clear difference.

It's time the other cities ban together and take out this rogue city. They kill yours on conjecture. How much shit are you going to take? How many times are you going to let them weaken your cities? West, TrashPanda quit bending over for these bitches (there I called you one)

Cohle heard Grin-08 talking about Grin-08 dying like a little bitch and noticed that while he was a little bitch, he was still very much alive and fucked up his own argument to a little bitch who just died.

Cohle also overheard someone talking about broccoli and decided he was hungry. Cohle nipped off to a nearby grocer and returned, silently offering around some broccoli to those taking part in the discussion. Hopefully they would eat it and not put it in their ears.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

He did not say "you are a bitch", he said you died like one. A clear difference.

You may be the last true intellectual in the whole mafia

Report Post Tip
Hi.

I think the rogue from Seattle and then the city of Philidelphia, due to the rogue from Seattle, caused a lot more damage in the past month?

Maybe the Godfather of Seattle and acting Godfather of Philidelphia realise this and have discussed at length the good relationship the cities now all share? Meaning the are likely not bitches and just using their brains?

Its just what I've gathered from my doorstep discussions.
Report Post Tip

This has been some top quality bitching. I can't wait to see where this goes next.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 5 man Operations in Chicago - Clarification
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL