Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 05:07:05
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Life After West Started by: Grin-08 on Jul 05, '20 22:28

The criminal outfits operating out of Seattle have been removed by those from the remainder of the country. This is not a sordid tale of leaked logs, ill-feeling or a grab for power, sadly. Godfather West was a man I called a friend and not someone I intend to badmouth. He was a pioneer of this business, playing the largest role in making it into what it has become in recent months. 

As a consequence of this though, he also retained the strongest hand in forging the identity of our thing and, on occasion, his good nature and attempts to see the best in people caused harm. Eventually, the totality of that harm, coupled with his continued desire to trust in people around him, even when the evidence suggested that would be a mistake, led to the rest of the families feeling an inevitability about when the next misstep would cost their lives.

It was therefore decided that we would not wait for that event to transpire and instead the Seattle families were removed. A firefight encompassed the streets and soon business ground entirely to a halt as blows were traded between rival syndicates. Bodies fell from organisations through America and regardless of which side of the fight you rooted for, a lot of useful friends of ours were put in the ground. Eventually, after a bloody final stand, Godfather West was gunned down.

As West's power was spent, the traitor and liar Refugee was then disdainfully mashed into the pavement. A deplorable wretch like that, who would abuse the goodwill of those around her to pursue an OOC vendetta against her supposed Godfather, is exactly the type of scum we would all be better off without; into the bin she went. Hot on her heels was a member of the Dillinger bloodline, unceremoniously getting themselves thrown into the can for having a typically moronic meltdown. Having already had my secretary dispose of his 6 unread letters to me, I watched from the window of my compound as he was hauled off to Admin Jail to consider the depths of his own stupidity, a task so monumental, I imagine he would need a lifetime on the inside to even scratch the surface of it. Mings. 

Anyway, with the fall of the Godfather, we must all work hard to prevent a power vacuum being created in his wake. There will be civilians out there, eager to prise the mob's boot from off their shoulders and to strike out on their own. The cops are on high alert too, with the amount of bloodshed on the streets and the increased political pressure that comes with it. Rebuilding must be done.

With this in mind the bosses of the remaining families have met and continue to discuss what the future will look like. It is our goal to establish multiple new operations in the coming days and weeks and we would ask for a little patience whilst these details are ironed out. We would ask that protection orders are observed and that young petty thieves and thugs try to find an outfit that suits them, even if it is just in the short term. Most Dons allow associates (those who have not taken their vows and become Made or beyond) to transfer to a different family and you should definitely ask this question if you think it might apply to you.

Between now and the next announcement on the future, feel free to respectfully have your say on what transpired, pay tribute to the fallen or look towards the future. Appreciated. 

Report Post Tips: 21 / Total: $2,900,000 Tip

Months ago I had a friend say to me. "West is a follower, Grin will use him to get to the top and eventually play him and take over the game" 

He said this no less than 3 months ago.

After a while I started to believe him as signs became more apparent and obvious. Then it became so obvious that, I had to believe if true there was no way West could not see it. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
I for one can't wait to see what this iteration of a Grin and Curtis run looks like.

To the victor goes the spoils!
Report Post Tip

There's a lot I could say but I'll attempt to keep it short. 

I expect the reason given here is pretty legitimate at least in terms of how Grin-08 will have seen it and justified what I fully believe was an unpleasant decision to himself. That said it’s extremely difficult to argue now that this was not a large mistake for the group. Ten loyal crew leaders dead and around eight large, loyal guns in exchange for hopefully reducing the risk of rogues out of Seattle? Seems like a catastrophe to me. I hope there is some self-reflection about this but I'm not holding my breath.

Realistically I expect most of the pressure to do this came from personal motivations. Fragile egos bruised because my father didn't listen to people who had contributed a minimal or negative amount to the group's success, yet believed they had some right to influence over what decisions should be made. Unfortunately Grin, for what appear to be personal reasons, gives these people an ear.

Equally it’s impossible to deny my father made his fair share of mistakes, with Sanction being the largest. A glory-hunter seeking just enough of a justification to paint himself in a moral light before betraying his city, family and friends. In the 100+ days that my father lead Seattle that brought the grand total to one rogue. That rogue killed three people, including two CLs, no large guns and my father’s closest friend. Perhaps in another 300 days West’s fatal desire to give people a chance would have done half the damage this group did to themselves through their attack on Seattle.

Still, Sanction could have been prevented if my father had listened to the advice he received. He apologised for his failures, accepted the blame, and sought to do better. Yet another mistake was not personally apologising to the kin of Billie or TommasoCiampa . I’d like to take this opportunity to do so on his behalf.

I’m aware that some within this ruling group see the attack from Koyuki and New York as the fault of my father, but this seems now and seemed at the time to be such a clear self-inflicted wound that it was unnecessary to even point out. My father was against killing LA partly because they’d been good allies, but also because it would increase paranoia in NY in particular. Ultimately this advice was not just ignored but the decision was made to kill LA without telling either my father or NY, which obviously grossly exaggerated the paranoia issue. Ironically one of the reasons given was because LA hadn’t been told of the Ballard removal and everyone knew that was likely to result in bloodshed. Koyuki attacking was undeniably a consequence of this very poor decision. Could my father have agreed to the killing of NY in the days following LA? Yes, but I hope you’ll appreciate that having just had his closest allies wipe LA against his wishes, pre-emptively killing his good friend Koyuki to save them from the likely consequences of their actions was a very hard decision to make. Certainly a lot harder than just leaving LA alone for a while, or killing LA while keeping my father and Koyuki informed. At no point did anyone take any responsibility for this, they seemed to instead simply take it as evidence that Koyuki had been untrustworthy all along, rather than driven to a fully suicidal attack by their mistake.  

Finally on the attack a couple of days ago. My father did have some prior knowledge, largely due to the talkativeness of those involved. There was enough time to have done something about it, and although I’m certainly biased I honestly believe at that point a younger, hungrier West would have eaten them alive. Sadly it was yet another joyless act to end an increasingly joyless life, forced on him by the predictable treachery of people he had spent his lifetime helping, and he simply had no appetite for it.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

So you let your city die because you were older?

Report Post Tip

Curtis listeneed to what Soseki had to say and nearly choked on his coffee. 

"Soseki. Your father was a kind man but he was shit at his job. Let's not lionize a lie here. His life can be cataloged by the long line of needless deaths we all suffered because he refused to take any of the solid advice he was given on a daily basis. Everyone involved did their level best to accommodate West's fragile ego and make him feel a part of the team. Yet every step of the way he ignored advice. Every step of the way his decisions cost the lives of the people he claimed to care about.

He ignored our warnings and then Grin-07 was killed.

He continued to ignore our warnings then FatherJack and Farage were killed.

He continued to ignored more warnings then Evening and Billie and TommasoCiampa were killed.

Then because of that old Nipper, Zapata and Fidd all died.

We could also attribute the deaths of all the people in Philly to him as that would not have happened if he had listened to us. But, as always he did not. Despite proclamations that he would, after each one of his monstrous fuck-ups along the way, he refused to listen. Each time he'd say he was sorry and promise to take threats more seriously. Each time he did not. Each time more of us died.

We all liked your father, he had a lot of great qualities. But a list of mistakes that extensive and huge, is simply unacceptable. The decision to remove him from his position was as unanimous as it was totally correct. 

Finally, if you honestly think your ability to stay awake would have meant you would win a war against a group that has, in all history, never lost a war we started, then you are as deluded as your father was. 

Your father was a great guy but a fucking pathetic leader. He deserves to be where he is. Please don't shit on his memory, we are all already doing our best to uphold the illusion that he was credible."

Curtis shook his head and walked away. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $580,000 Tip

As West's power was spent, the traitor and liar Refugee was then disdainfully mashed into the pavement. A deplorable wretch like that, who would abuse the goodwill of those around her to pursue an OOC vendetta against her supposed Godfather, is exactly the type of scum we would all be better off without; into the bin she went.

StinkEye can't help but drop the bitch face she usually wears during her time of mourning and laugh uncontrollably at what she just read. It's like a verbal sleight of hand game. It was your people that started the war on West, were traitors and certainly abused his goodwill.

OOC vendetta? Really? There was no vendetta, just disapproval for his actions. Associates join a crew to get a job, promise loyalty, make money and gain protection. West used some of his extremely loyal members in deceitful way. He let them spend more personal money than they would earn in fifty lifetimes under him and then gunned them down.  The confirmed, not fake, meeting logs showed him stating he got all he could out of them. He, among others, stated it was time to kill them. The abuse of goodwill was not on my father's part. He lost respect for West from that point forward, but a vendetta infers a plan of vengeance, which there was none.  My father continued to work hard for the man, because that's what a good soldier does, that's what my ancestor's always did. Refugee built a crew the city could be proud of, he was extremely active and followed all of Wests orders up until the moment the first shot on both of them was taken and the blood of the dead seeped onto the streets. Wounded, Refugee had to make a decision, stand by the man that killed members of his own city after he used them and put them in the ground or try to keep his young crew alive. Refugee thought hard about what would be the best chance of survival for the 29 individuals in his crew. He knew there was no way West was going to survive this war, as you stated yourself, his power was spent.  You had all the information you needed since West thought it was a good idea to share shot reports. He told my father, "Don't worry, I authorized these people and they are my friends." The word, "scum," that you tried to pin on my father is an accurate description of the "friends," West trusted. 

Refugee didn't kill anyone in the war against West and once he was gunned down, there was an uneasy calmness. My father laid in wait to see if the men that accepted him and offered his crew safety would now turn on him as the late West had predicted. He didn't shoot first, he just waited and watched. He anticipated another miss if an attempt was made and was prepared to turn his gun on the offenders with promptitude. That's exactly what ensued. He then reached out to you and the lies rolled out past your forked tongue into the air. It was comical as he called you out on your lies. There is no bigger liar than you. You know it... Former Seattle knows it and my father knew it. 

Mashed into the pavement? I think your dead would disagree that there was anything that resembled swift action on my father. After a fair amount of time, my father grew tired of the total lack of war acumen on your side and basically chose death by cop.  You see, in his afterlife he knew there was barbecued chicken, cheeseburgers and unlimited amounts of beer and potato salad awaiting him. He would see his friends and party like it was 1995. That time is decades away, but he heard favorable predictions about it. There were even fireworks upon his arrival... It was one helluva funeral and in death he was happy.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Whoreable went on an OOC vendetta for her friend Premeir and betrayed her family in Seattle. The end. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Fragile egos bruised because my father didn't listen to people who had contributed a minimal or negative amount to the group's success, yet believed they had some right to influence over what decisions should be made. Unfortunately Grin, for what appear to be personal reasons, gives these people an ear.

Just in case anyone was wondering who I was talking about...

Curtis the fact that even now you and everyone else involved in the attack on LA entirely shirk the responsibility for the deaths of Grin-07, FatherJack and Farage says more than I ever could. It's obvious, and has been explicitly stated by the attackers, that those deaths were directly in response to the attack on LA which my father opposed so vehemently it had to be done behind his back. Yet he should bear full responsibility?

He ignored our warnings and then Grin-07 was killed.

What on earth were the continued warnings behind these two events which happened during the same attack, approximately 6 minutes apart? Or did you start writing your "extensive and huge" list of West's mistakes and realise you had only two entries?

Perhaps you should inform the member of your group who sent my father this message that the decision to remove West was unanimous:

"good run yourself, not quite sure why were warring tbh."

Finally, if you honestly think your ability to stay awake would have meant you would win a war against a group that has, in all history, never lost a war we started, then you are as deluded as your father was. 

I love this line because it perfectly encapsulates a man who has so badly bought into his own hype that he cannot for a second consider the possibility that he might lose a war or make a mistake. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $240,000 Tip

REFUGEE didn't start the war. It had nothing to do with him or vengeance on his part. Your pathetic guns missed on both West and Refugee. That's when decisions were made for many reasons... and yes one of the parties West used was Prem and I stand by my statement. 

Humorous to see you wave the West flag when you're one of the decision makers to go to war and kill his city. A bit transparent. Don't you think?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Sammy yawned.

“This place never changes. Quite remarkable.”
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He was warned for weeks before each death. Not minutes. I don't know where the fuck you are getting your version of history. I didn't even mention the hands and others who's deaths he caused through neglect but never seemed to give a shit about. He ignored every warning. Try to rewrite it however you like, he was shit at your job and and his stay was only as long as it was because we all tried so very hard to help him and bring him round to some semblance of sense. We tried to help your dad. Don't try to blame us because he was a dickhead and you can't face the truth of it.

Report Post Tip

Feeling this was a missed chance, as this vocal battle could have also been fought out in court, Judge_Topperson stepped forward.

I want to add to StinkEye's words. My father was also fired at in the first wave and then turned to West to assist him in the fight that may have been hopeless, not being aware of Refugee's feelings towards West. After shooting a first Crew Leader from another city, Refugee had the possibility to HQ Wack his Right Hand. He did not and was dropped from the crew instead, giving him the chance to help West with information and tactics, before dying after shooting an old bum.

My father felt it was a very honourable gesture by Refugee and therefore, from a personal view, I don't feel the words coward and traitor descibe Refugee. Quite the contrary.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $52,907 Tip

I shouldn't need to break this down for you but I will. Your "extensive and huge" list of West's mistakes, containing three entries, says this: 

He ignored our warnings and then Grin-07 was killed.

The deaths of Grin-07 and FatherJack occurred 6 minutes apart with Farage also dying in the same attack. What possible warning could you have given in that time to be ignored? It feels like you just needed to pad out your list so split them up in to two separate entries, even if we ignore all the obvious stuff you seem keen to forget/ignore about LA. 

I'm not sure why you seem so much angrier about this than me, I feel like it should be the other way around...

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $503,303 Tip

Refugee threw up Whoreable tags the second it was out of the bag who she was, so why would I call her anything else? Refugee was just a mask to get her close as she clearly didn't make a distinction between the two. If she did, why send her OOC friend TheHound to beg me for her scummy little life while she pursued her OOC vendetta in his name against West? Why did she believe that West would exploit people and toss them aside after believing the most obviously forged logs I've ever seen? Scummy projection at its finest. She would do that so he must too. Loyal people do what is best for their family, who they made vows too and nobody else, especially not people who were complicit in the hitlisting of their familial allies. But that didn't matter to Whoreable, because she wasn't loyal to the family that made her at all and she was loyal to her OOC friends just like the scummy little rat she always is.

Judge_Topperson, your defence of that scum is therefore moronic. She betrayed your Godfather after having used Right and Charles Barkley to further her OOC vendetta. After having done so, she didn't HQ you as well, so that makes her respectable? Give me a break. She was betraying you right from the beginning. If she wasn't, why did she lie on her shot report, about her identity and, most obvious of all, not disclose this all consuming hatred she held for West to her fellow family member? Why take his protection? Why take an oath to his family? Why take his auth? Was all of that deceit honourable or was it scummy? The fact is she couldn't tell you the truth because everyone knows Whoreable is a treacherous little weasel who can't go down the line for her family where her OOC friends are involved and if she had told you that, she'd have taken a well deserved dirt nap.

Regardless, she's gone and absolutely good fucking riddance. Another worm back in the ground. West is also gone and whilst I'd prefer not to air any dirty laundry in public, lets not try to rewrite history either. Koyuki was driven to the nothing, we both know he was in no danger because he had West's protection. I'm sorry West felt like there was no acknowledgment of others making mistakes, as for sure Grin-07 made some and doubtlessly I will too. It comes with the territory, but those mistakes must be learned from and not repeated. Actions have consequences, but so does a lack of them. We both know why NY wasn't hit. We both know what warnings were given about certain people and when. We both know how many of those were acted on and how many went ignored. Some of the consequences of those warnings were felt, and some were just around the scum corner, waiting to be felt, as we suspected. 

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $5,600,000 Tip

StinkEye yawns...

Let me bullet point if for you

• Refugee didn't report his shots accurately because he knew shot reports were shared with other cities that would (and did) eventually turn on the man they called friend. Shared shot reports are stupid.
  • Refugee would have disapproved of using ANY city member that was taken advantage of and then shot. 
  • Refugee did what he thought was in the best interest of his crew. He knew the risks going in but hoped his members would be left alone and absorbed into other crews.
  • There wasn't a crew leader sale one day and Refugee got it because he was first in line. He earned it through hard work. 
  • Refugee is incapable of all consuming hatred over men or women he doesn't actually know. He reserves that for daily life rapists, murderers, child offenders and racists.  
  • The logs weren't forged, no matter how many times you say it, doesn't make it so.
  • Your trying to put the spotlight on Refugee through half truths and outright lies, but it will never be dark enough in your creepy little corner for others not to see who you are and what you did to your friend. Your pathetic attempts are clear as daylight. The real Judas is you, not Refugee.
  • I suggest you seek professional help in figuring out the difference between reality and fantasy. A normal thinking person wouldn't spew so much hate over something such as this. If you heed my advice, I'd also like to suggest you pack a bag because there's no way a professional won't commit you for some time. That's what they do to people that are bat shit crazy.
Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Sure smells like a continuous OOC circle jerk between people that have pushed their families into this world for ages. Perhaps play a round of shuttlecock or corn hole? Maybe then there will be progress in nulling such pointless quarrels that seep through the streets and dim this world more than war could. Bury the dead and strive to do better.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Speaking from what I see written on these walls of the streets two people here need to jump in a little Red Wagon and roll on down the road.

Grin and Curtis seem to want things their way and it seems like people let them, but when they run into a bump in the road they slander the person and call them worthless (or whatever they want) and when those people fight back they cry like little babies that need to be pulled back home in their wagon and suckle on their bottle until they feel better.

Get over yourselves you are not "GODs" your mere mortals like the rest of us.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

I have to say Soseki is quite correct in his explanation to why Koyuki shot Grin's father in the face and ordered Jack's death as well. It's comical that Grin would mention West's protection for Koyuki despite everyone knowing he still would have killed my father and then just said "I'm Sorry West it had to be done cause x, y and z.".

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

So to sum up;

• Whoreable lied
  • Whoreable believed false logs about her OOC buddies
  • Whoreable took an oath that she then betrayed
  • Whoreable had someone beg for her life
  • Whoreable died

Quite the tale. I wonder who'll play her in the movie?

Irvin, I'm just calling it how I see it. If someone joined my family, took my protection, took an oath of loyalty to me, then it transpired they had lied the entire time they were here to get ahead, then turned on me at the first sign of trouble and sent someone to beg the people attacking me to spare their life, I'd think that would be quite cowardly and treacherous behaviour. Wouldn't you? 

Mandalorian, everyone doesn't know that. I don't doubt that is what Koyuki thought which is why he launched his attack, but that wasn't the case. More importantly though, both he and Grin-07 are a long time dead now and regardless of what I say here, I'm fairly sure most people either already have an opinion or, more likely, don't care either way.

So I'll leave it at that, work to be done, etc. StinkEye, enjoy the funeral home; everyone else, stay safe and go make some money for yourselves and your bosses. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $4,944,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Life After West
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL