Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 10:27:34
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Pancakes Only Started by: Cepheus on Jul 08, '20 08:22

Cepheus has a particular set of skills that wasn't seen much in the area where he decided to ply his trade which is why he decided that instead of attempting to constantly incorporate it into his job he would instead opt to open up a business in the first city that he could. No longer where the days of him griddling up a couple of jacks and throwing them at old ladies in an attempt to slow them down so he could pilfer their pockets, and long were the instances of him using a spatula as a tool of terror while robbing a bank.

No, instead he would just use guns like every other boring criminal and his skill set would be used only in cases of cookery. Finding a small building tucked away near 12th Street he had a business partner call up ahead of time and get him a down payment so that he could secure the land all to himself. On the property there would be a single indicator in the way of a perfectly crafted piece of paper that was taped to the door in such a way that no one could miss it unless of course they weren't paying attention to the door.

Pancakes Only

Once you stepped inside you were brought into the wonderful aroma of pancakes. Every type of conceivable pancake would be created here in the precision and perfection that only Cepheus could provide to the masses, there would be chocolate chip pancakes and peanut butter infused pancakes, not to mention his world infamous jelly and nutmeg pancakes.

Price: $0.05 per normal 'cake

$1 for speciality 'cake.

$.20 per drink

ALL YOU CAN EAT NORMAL EVERY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY

When you finally decided what you'd have to eat you would take your order to the counter and Cepheus or one of his exceptionally well trained staff would whip you up everything in under ten minutes or else a complete refund would be issued. Sending out young men and women to go around the city and tell everyone about the new place was how he brought in the first few faces, but hopefully reputation would carry on with the rest.

Pancakes Only was finally open, "What can I get ya today?"

Report Post Tip

Setting down in Detroit was more or less what he was doing right now, he decided to go to a place called 'Pancakes Only' and he decided that it was better than getting some real quick fast food. He ordered the speciality with maple syrup as he thought back to the moments before, where he kept himself with a bit of reluctance at heading to Detroit, the place was surprisingly difficult for him to find something and just relax. 

"Here you go sir, enjoy yourself."

Nodding his head in thanks to the waitress, he devoured the pancakes that he found on his plate. Not even thinking a second about it, he was craving it and maybe that would be alright for him right now. With a sly smirk, he was full before looking out the window. Detroit was a great place, it held a lot of history for people, some that he may never know.

Standing up out of his seat, he knew that now was not the time for him to get all emotional about things. He had business to handle in Detroit, stepping out of the Pancake Only, he went off and decided to have a little stroll.

Report Post Tip

Cassi had just returned home from Seattle. Those early morning flights were always a killer on the system, not to mention the time changes. She wanted sleep, but she was also starving. As she walked down the street a particular restaurant caught her eye. Pancakes Only. Pancakes sounded delicious. 

Stepping inside, the sweet aroma of that one particular breakfast specialty filled her nostrils. It was heavenly to say the least. She studied the menu, finding herself a bit overwhelmed by all the choices. It all sounded so delicious and she was ever so hungry. Looking around, she wondered if anyone might have some suggestions. 

Report Post Tip

Unable, or perhaps unwilling to shut off his entrepreneur spirit, Cepheus rushes out into the dining area when the first sound of an actual customer rings throughout the halls of the pancake business. Not long after looking around he is able to quickly spot Cassi who seems to be standing out in the open completely oblivious to the many types of tasty creations known as the pancake. 

"Hello! and welcome to Pancakes Only, how would you like a couple of flapjacks?"

Wondering if she would be able to take in some of his more unique 'Cakes he decides to slow down a bit and only show the ones that the general audience may be more comfortable with. Which was safe to say that his quadruple chocolate and banana smoothie pancake would need to be unveiled at a later date.

"You should start off with a starter of just regular pancakes. They're extra fluffy, and the syrup is straight from Canada itself."

There it was, a simple sale. Maybe if she reacted positively he could attempt the upsell and secure some maple walnut. Everyone loved maple walnut, they just didn't know it yet.

Report Post Tip

Cassi smiled as Cepheus approached. 

"I was actually just studying some of the options. So many to choose from. I'm not really a plain kind of gal. Those peanut butter pancakes sound awfully good. Could you... Would it be crazy if I wanted chocolate chips in my peanut butter pancakes??"

Cassi smiled brightly as she waited for Cepheus' opinion. She hoped he wouldn't take too long, her tummy was starting to growl and she didn't want it to become noticeable. 

Report Post Tip

It was a predicament that he was in, someone had finally ordered from the special menu and he was now coming to the realization that he had no idea how to make some of these promises work. How does one infuse truffle into a pancake with guacamole and cheese and make it taste not only good but edible? These were the questions that would keep him up, but luckily for now Cassi only wanted peanut butter and chocolate chips which on the difficulty scale was a bit on the lower end.

"Not a problem!"

Walking into the kitchen his mind went completely blank and he allowed his skills to take over, he had been making pancakes for a solid decade now and all he had to do was not overthink the process. A little bit of flour, some water and a few other ingredients... Voila! the batter was completed, and now for the chocolate chips and peanut butter; it all went in together to make quite the concoction that smelled a whole lot better than it looked.

Once they were cooked up to perfection he waltzed proudly back over to where Cassi was and set down a platter of three rather large discs smothered in the woods finest gravy, syrup.

"There you are, ma'am. Would you care for anything else?"

Staring at her he waited for a response so that he could know what to do next.

Report Post Tip

Cassi eyed the mountain of pancakes placed in front of her as her stomach rumbled. She smiled at Cepheus as she picked up her fork. 

"Well, they certainly smell delicious. I cannot wait any longer to try them, I'm absolutely famished."

Cassi used her fork to cut a generous sized triangle through all three pancakes. Stabbing the bite with her fork, she brought it to her lips, the heavenly smell of syrup, peanut butter and chocolate invading her senses. Taking the first bite, she thought if she died today she would go completely satisfied. 

"Mmmmmm. Oh my goodness, these are the best pancakes I have ever had. Oh this combination is perfect."

She continued eating, too busy to speak any longer. 

Report Post Tip
makes for good breakfast
Report Post Tip

The new reviews had come in and they were all as flattering as the last, Cassi had even looked to be enjoying her stack a lot more than even he could have anticipated. There was a very large market for pancakes in this town and maybe even all of the United States if one would be so bold as to attempt such a grab of griddling power.

Makes for good breakfast

A brand new sign was placed right outside of the shop with this beautiful recommendation by trinkidi9 who seemed to have enjoyed their food so much that they shouted these words out with such glee. When Cassi had finished up her meal, he looked down at the empty plates and walked back over towards her.

Would you like anything else? Or will that be all?

With visions of a Pancakes Only opening up in Philadelphia he could hardly contain his excitement as he waited for her response. Just a few more days with business like this one and the sky would surely be the limit.

Report Post Tip

vGoddess doesn't eat pancakes unless she has no other choice but today she willingly walked into a pancake shop. Seeing it's still new, she had to come and check it out.

"Umm... I would like the best pancake you have here. Maybe all the special ones you have. Something very chocolaty?"

Report Post Tip

Chocolate? She wanted chocolate? Why, Cepheus had the finest chocolate in the entire land! Having found out a special spot in central america where the finest bulbs of chocolate grew there seemingly as if by magic. Of course there was nothing magic about it, and the process for smuggling it into the United States was a very dangerous and disgusting one, but he had to do what he must to become the millionaire that he had always promised himself he would be-- and the finest and most pure of ingredients for his pancakes was at the very top of that list in what would make him not only successful but marketable. 

"The QUADLATE SUPREME is exactly what you'd be looking for! So sickly sweet you'll not even be able to finish it, but fret not because that only means more for tomorrow!"

Ladling a spoonful of melted chocolate onto already pure chocolate pancakes he mixed in some chocolate chips and the most expensive chocolate crumble that one could afford. Mixing it all together into a batter of what could only be described as pitch black, he then threw it onto the griddle and watched it cook up.

"So outside of this, d'ya care for anything more? One with berries, perhaps? I've got the finest berries!"

As it finished up he placed chocolate syrup on top and his own special blend of chocolate and maple syrup to finish it up to perfection. Then he slid it on over to vGoddess who he was sure would potentially appreciate his lengths to impress. 

Report Post Tip

Druglord, after a long hard day of smoking weed and slapping bitches was feeling peckish. He enters with about 5ladys dressed in rather promiscuous outfits. one was still wearing the judge outfit he had had her dressed in for mr Topperson.

Go sit in a booth, daddy's got this.

He motions them towards a table and heads to the counter

hey man hows it goin, Can i get like 8 of those waffle things, and a couple of those special ones? Ethels had a great night tonight so I want her treated. 

Report Post Tip

Cassi smiled and watched as Cepheus helped the customers that had begun trickling in. She was so proud to see his business starting to garner some attention. And for good reasons. The menu really held something for anyone's tastes and the food was beyond excellent. 

"I think that will be all for me. But if you get the chance to meet me for a drink later, I would love the company. I'll be in town for a bit."

With that, Cassi left more than enough for the pancakes and a very generous tip on the table. She collected her belongings and headed out to find a place to grab a drink, waving at Cepheus as she walked out the door. 

Report Post Tip

Watching as Druglord entered the establishment with his entourage, Cepheus waved towards them all and looked down at what was ordered as he always meticulously kept everything in detail. Eight waffle things was simple enough and almost too easy, but without saying anything else he got to work and griddled up some of the finest food he could.

"There you go, man. A couple special ones too?"

Whipping up something a bit more extravagant for the woman in question it only took a few extra minutes to put in some special toppings. Sliding it over toward the man and his ladies, he then turned his attention towards Cassi who seemed to be leaving and completely satisfied with what she had been given.

Without saying much else he decided to check out early and go track down where she had ran off to. He needed some time to wind down after being such a successful pancake connoisseur. 

Report Post Tip

vGoddess was surprised to see pancakes so chocolaty! In fact, she has never eaten ANYTHING so chocolaty!

She started eating the pancakes right away. She did not even hesitate to put an entire pancake in her mouth. It barely took ten minutes for her to finish all of them. For someone not so interested in pancakes, it was a first for her to finish all her pancakes. 

She decided to order another one, but to be packed up to take home.

Report Post Tip

Placing a stack of the overly indulgent chocolate pancakes into a cardboard box, Cepheus slid it over to vGoddess who was yet another happy customer in the Pancakes Only line of shops. Could there be a market for a third one? Not wanting to jinx himself and ruin everything he shelved the thought for a later day and gave off a warm smile to the woman who was now leaving.

"Be sure to come again, yes?"

Almost regretting the pathetic tone he didn't waver in his smile as she left the shop.

Report Post Tip

Tad had been hankering for some breakfast for dinner in the past few days after eating so many burgers with Gimpanzee. That chimp could put away more burgers than he thought possible. Eventually he just needed a change and when he heard of a place known as Pancakes Only he was excited to pay it a visit. The owner was actually a man who he had shared an HQ with for a very short amount of time under Pencil in Philadelphia. He had actually departed the Detroit underworld to work in Philly, but things happened and he was called back home to help out the 'ol chimp himself. 

As he made his way into the establishment he could tell that there was a good vibe in this place. It almost made him feel like he could nap there....almost. Although, he felt like he could nap just about anywhere most of the time. The smell of delicious pancakes filled the air inside the establishment and his belly grumbled in anticipation. 

After waiting a few minutes it was time for him to order, "Hello good sir! May I have a stack of specialty pancakes? I'd like a mixture of the chocolate chip pancakes and the peanut butter infused pancakes if possible. I will also like a glass of chocolate milk to go along with my pancakes."

He handed over the menu after making his request and hoped it would not be long before he was enjoying his meal...

Report Post Tip

Rias wasn't completely sure how she ended up in Detroit with Laura but here they were, in Detroit. She thinks it had something to do with a new kitchen appliance or maybe it was product? Regardless it was for something related to her business back in Chicago. She needed it and in a hurry, so when she randomly asked if she wanted to go Rias figured why not.

A day trip sounded like it could have been fun, plus never know what kind of fun the pair could find out in Detroit....

It was still rather early in the day when the pair got into the city. They drove right by a few buildings, one of them produced a sweet smell. Wasn't a pastry like smell but sweet nonetheless. It was at that moment, Rias twisted her head about and say Pancakes Only.

"LAURA! Pancakes!"

She could see Laura give her a bit of a side eye.

"Pancakes?"

"Yeah, pancakes. I don't know about you but I could use a bite to eat and pancakes... come on.. you can't beat pancakes. What do you say?"

Report Post Tip

Laura was ecstatic that RiasGremory had offered to accompany her on her quick trip to Detroit. She just needed to pick up the new Sunkist electric juicer that she had ordered for 'Holes' so the rest of the day was wide open. Rias was alot of fun, Laura could just imagine what kind of trouble the pair of them could get themselves into while on their day trip.

"LAURA! Pancakes!"

She immediately looked to where Rias had pointed. At first she didn't see the restaurant tucked away from the street, but leave it to Rias to sniff out something sweet. They both had a fondness for desserts, and well, pancakes were breakfast's version of dessert.

Laura's mouth was already watering at the thought of breakfast. They had taken an early flight into the city and there hadn't been time to grab a bite to eat.

"Sounds great! Let's go!" she replied excitedly.

After walking in, both women looked up at the simple menu.

"I'll have the specialty pancake, whatever the house special is. Normal is boring. That sound good to you too, Rias? You don't strike me as a normal kind of woman." 

Report Post Tip

Rias was glancing up at the menu when she already heard Laura ordering.

"That sound good to you too, Rias? You don't strike me as a normal kind of a woman."

"Huh? Yeah, sure.. I'll just have whatever she is having."

Rias leaned in towards Laura. "What did you get?"

Laura gave her a bit of a smile. "Whatever the special is."

Rias nodded. "Oh.. and a coffee. Like the biggest one you have." She made a gesture with her hands extending them apart to signify the size she wanted. "Pretty sure she wants one too."

Digging through her pocket, Rias pulled out a $5 bill and placed it onto the counter.

"Keep the change, we are gonna go find a seat. Mind bringing it out to us when it's ready? Or yell my name, either or... Rias by the way, if you're gonna go that yelling route."

Rias turned about and gave Laura a slight nudge.

"Shall we?"

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Pancakes Only
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL