Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 04:28:56
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Writing Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED Started by: Anton on Aug 04, '20 12:00

@Anton rushes to the Streets and begins to speak...

Friends, it seems like a long time ago that I launched the most exciting writing contest for some time.  Remember it?  I've left a leaflet about it HERE that you can look at.

Well, what a response!  Some really good speeches were given.  Let's take a moment to thank everyone that entered, and then we can get on with the announcements.

Report Post Tip

FIRST PRIZE - $6,000,000

This goes to @Tony_TwoTimes for his story "Tony's Escape From Reality"

Your accountant makes note that $6,000,000 has been wired to Tony_TwoTimes from your account.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

SECOND PRIZE - (Running low on cash, so have had to give the winner some odds and ends that my account had lying around)

This goes to @Rubberlips for his story about "Deaf Jeff" 

Aug 04, 11:06:53    Your accountant has made payment of $3,000,000 to Rubberlips. The note "2nd prize money" was included.
    Aug 04, 11:05:57    You transferred 20.00 credits to Rubberlips. The note "2nd prize" was included.
    Aug 04, 11:05:23    You have regifted Super VIP (30 Days) to Rubberlips.
    Aug 04, 11:05:06    You have regifted Super VIP (30 Days) to Rubberlips.
    Aug 04, 11:04:51    You have regifted a Corrupt Agent (30 Days) to Rubberlips.
    Aug 04, 11:04:37    You have regifted a Corrupt Agent (30 Days) to Rubberlips.
    Aug 04, 11:04:24    You have regifted a Corrupt Agent (30 Days) to Rubberlips.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

THIRD PRIZE - $1,000,000 (held in trust for his son)

This goes to Chance for his story "Life Goes On"

Report Post Tip

FOURTH PRIZE - $178,000

This goes to @Ennio_Morricone for his excellent story

Your accountant makes note that $178,000 has been wired to Ennio_Morricone from your account. The note "4th prize" was included.

And so that's it for this writing contest.  As ever, some words from the winners who are still alive would be welcome.

UNTIL NEXT TIME!

Report Post Tip

Interesting how the 2cd prize winner got about 40m more in prizes than the 1st prize winner.

Douglas_MacArthur - what? I don't think so. I eas short of money so just gave a couple of old perks
Report Post Tip

20 credits = like 8m. CAs = 5-50m.

Report Post Tip

*5-10m

Report Post Tip

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Douglas. 

Anton, can you please explain the breakdown in prizes here? It seems like 1st should benefit more than 2nd, surely?

Report Post Tip

Grin-08, of course.  I'll be happy to put this to bed.  This is just Douglas_MacArthur being a vexation  of the spirit again.  He's already having one of his men try to shake me down for money.  I'm getting more than a little bit fed up with MacArthur's vendetta against me.

OK, here's what happened.  I planned to give $6M for 1st prize, $5M for 2nd, $4m for 3rd and $3M for 4th.  Unfortunately, I ran into some financial trouble, so had to re-think everything.  The $6M 1st prize had already been announced so I couldn't go back on that.  So what I did was have a look around for accountant's office for some assets.  I have loads of those CA things, and so many people send me Super VIP certificates (supporters of my leadership) that they have virtually no value for me.  So they don't really count for anything beyond simple window dressing.  In some ways, the creditstock might raise a couple of eyebrows, but as Douglas "DICKHEAD" MacArthur knows, sometimes you don't get a decent price for them anyway.  Also, I have trouble with numbers, despite, or maybe even because of, a few qualifications in applied mathematics, so I sent 20 in error, but I couldn't very well ask for them back, could I?

So, all in all, I think the guy who won second prize did well, but it was a mixture of human error and bad planning.  

If DOUGLAS "DISLOYAL MOFO" MACARTHUR is so worried about this, he can help me sponsor the next one?

Report Post Tip

Normally Zipline does not enter conversations where he feels his emotions can be tested, yet seeing how his city leader came involved and uttered genuine concerns and CL's at odds in his own home town he came forward with a small note. The note he scribbled down when Anton held his speech announcing the prizes for the involved contest

NEW WRITING CONTEST

TOP PRIZE - $6,000,000

2ND, 3RD, 4TH PRIZES: VARIOUS PERKS!

ALSO - EVERY QUALIFYING ENTRANT MAKES $100K FOR YOUR BOSS!

So if i understand correctly the only prize that was paid out as advertised was the top prize, all other ranked places 2-4th were given different prizes than orignally advertized.

2nd place - Was given money (3M$) and perks (2 vip and 3 CA's) as well as 20 credits (current market rate is 5.4M). Assuming that the perks are indeed just a free add on coming at no cost, it's still 8.4M which easily exceeds 6M in prize money

3rd place - was given money (1M-pending verification of the kin of Chance)

4th place - was given money (147k)

Based on this breakdown, If i was the winner, Tony_twotimes of this contest i'd happily relinquish my rights to 1st place to grab the prizes paid out to the 2nd place. But hey I did not actual enter the contest, mostly due to fear of being yelled at by mr Anton like i was when i opened up a charitable foundation in the heart of Chicago.

Anton, no means no. Stop asking my CLs if I will join you. The answer is no. It will always be no. Get over yourself.

And who would have guessed a contest run by you marred in controversy. Never saw that one coming.

Report Post Tip

Vanya looks on, raising a brow wondering. Scoffing, watching Tommy as he seemingly appeared out of nowhere on the street corner at the announcement of a few winners of a little contest.

"No one mentioned you TommyDonnelly..and yet you took it upon yourself to what? Come out here and just throw a jab for the hell of it?"

Tilting his head, he had to wonder if he truly wished for the attention of Anton as some people seemed to speculate, it was getting quite tiresome seeing him do this daily.

"You could have messaged him privately to simply say stop or better yet, you could be the one to ignore it. Yet here you are again, wanting something that even I can't see at this point."

Chuckling, he pulled out a smoke, placing it in between his lips as he watched from his position of leaning against the wall with a bored look on his face.

Actually, Vanya, I can’t and won’t message him privately. There is a reason he has been blocked. He clearly doesn’t understand English when every other day he is sending unwanted money and asking my CL for me to join him after he has been told no, over and over and over again. The only thing he seems to understand is public displays of how much he is despised.

What the majority of you are missing is that it is nothing more than harassment by now. I don’t know you Vanya, I’ve never had any dealings with you. I can damn well guarantee that if he was harassing you or one of your own on the daily, you’d have something to say about it. It isn’t directed towards you or yours so you appease him by looking the other way. You support his behavior by belittling what hasn’t happened to you. 

Do all of you not see that constant trying to drag me out into the streets? The constant screaming my name after he’s been asked to stop? Not only by me but more than a few CLs of mine as well? If you want to look the other way, that’s your choice but, don’t come out here when you don’t fully understand the situation or the months upon months upon months of this bullshit from him.

Report Post Tip

"My line has dealt with the line of Anton many times and none have been good. Don't think you are the only one my friend, yet others have moved on. Do you not see that the constant calling of your name is the fact that it is clear it has an effect. Which you then proceed to take it out on everyone who comes to even speak, regardless of affiliation, rank, respect, or what they have earned within our society."

Ligthing the smoke, he watched Tommy with a continued bored look as she watched word after word come from his lips as if it had been bottled up for a long time or maybe bits and pieces, he knew not. What he did know was that as he had repeated countless times, it was getting tiresome. 

"Harrassment? Turning a blind eye and then proceeding to state that I have no clue what hasn't happened to one of my ancestors? My line has been on the receiving MUCH MORE than you. I do not, pardon my language, bitch and whine out here on the streets. I took it on the chin, I rose up and decided to take an opportunity I saw. I have not taken it out on people I have never met, I do not and nor will I ever insinuate relations of an intimate nature between Left-Hand and his Boss. Do not think you have any leg to stand on, others and I say again, who have suffered more than you, ignored it and have found themselves other enjoyments in this life."

Bowing his head, he found himself watching him as he continued to rant and rave. He would have felt a bit apologetic, almost sympathy, yet he had grown tired of this and he needed to make sure that he stated his piece on the matter. 

"I'm stating this once again and one last time, ignore it. Move on. Many people have told you to ignore this and yet you have not listened, I'm telling you to move on and find other enjoyments while not taking snide jabs when your name was not mentioned once! Leave it be. If you wish to continue, do not say someone did not offer a way out."

Vanya bowed his head, watching TommyDonnelly for a second, finding himself a bit disappointed but decided to see what else he decided to say this time.

Vanya, I for one mourn the passing of TommyDonnelly.  He could have been my deputy, or even had a go at leading the Streets himself.

Instead, he chose the path of the angry man.  

I firmly believe that Zipline drove him to his death.  Fucking Zipline.  What a prick.  

Report Post Tip
Anton, I know you are devastated at the death of your protégé. However, fear not, he may still speak to you from beyond the grave. I imagine it may sound something like,

'Anton, don't let my passing get in the way of lighting up the streets with your creativity and dynamism. Please don't retire as Leader of the Streets just because of my untimely death. My spirit will live on inside you, forever.'

Try not to be discouraged Anton, you can recover from this tragic outcome and bring the streets to further glory. I'd offer you a shoulder to cry on, but, you know...

Mr Anton,

I'm very puzzled by your mentioning of myself in the death of Tommy. I have only very limited status in this world of ours, being the cause of people dying is surely not within my power.

However i'm still curious how you fully ignored 90% of my speech which only provided additional details to the concern raised by grin-08, perhaps if time allows you could explain to the good citizens of our country how those prizes were fair to the contestants.

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Writing Contest: WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL