Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 05:36:35
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Do you believe in ghosts? Started by: Shandi on Sep 20, '20 12:23

I will begin.  Yes I  believe in ghosts or at least the souls of people in a past life.

This is one instance that I have experienced.

When I first bought my house (it was an estate of very elderly people) I had several strange occurrences happen.  TV coming on in the middle of the night (which would scare the holy shit out of me, being single), objects being moved, brushes against me, small flashes like a glimpse of someone just brisking past me.  Just weird noises in the basement.  Nothing ever cruel or mean which is why I was not scared. 

Once someone else was at my house and asked if I had ghosts.  I said no because I had never mentioned it to anyone.  Later I asked why they asked me that and they said that they saw the same glimpse and brush of someone's presence.  I then told them I did.

Well, a few years later, I found a small lock box hidden in the rafters of my basement.  I thought I hit the big one and had found a hidden stash of money (LOL).  Not having a key, It took a bit to open it.  Turns out, the lady that lived there had lost a former husband in a war at some point.  She must have kept personal things of his locked up in this box (life and death certs, etc.) after remarrying and tucked them high in the rafters to be forgotten about.  There was no cash in that box, but what I did do, was free his soul, I believe.  Never again after that did I experience any ghostly happenings within my home.  All he wanted was to be at peace, it seems. 

Now your turn. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I thought a ghost was having sex with me for a few weeks, but I eventually I found out I had piles.

Report Post Tip

I think there is always an rational explanation for everything, so I would have to say no.

Report Post Tip

If there were ghosts, I'd expect them to be absolutely EVERYWHERE. Billions of souls have died over the history of the earth. Are there animal ghosts? Dinosaur ghosts? Caveman ghosts?

We would be constantly running into them, it'd be annoying. 

Report Post Tip
I think there is something out there. Not sure exactly what though

I don't believe any of that. I think when you're dead, you're dead. You're gone. You're worm food.

Report Post Tip
The human imagination is very powerful and can play tricks.

I did when I was younger, but as I got older I realized that I think I wanted things to be paranormal and labeled a lot of experiences as such. As I get older I think it's pretty evident that once you're gone you're gone. I think we'd all have multiple experiences if ghosts were real. 

Report Post Tip
I don’t not believe in them.
Report Post Tip

Cant say I do but here is something funny related to believing in ghosts.

A professor is giving a seminar on the supernatural. Getting a feel for his students, he asks “How many of you believe in ghosts?” About 80 of his students raise their hands.

“That’s a good start I suppose. Those of you who believe in ghosts, how many have actually seen a ghost?” About 30 students raise their hands.

“That’s good. I’m really glad you’re taking this seriously. Ok, has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?” About a dozen students raise their hands.

“That’s a great response. Has anyone ever touched a ghost?” Two students raise their hands. “That’s fantastic. But let me ask you one last question… have any of you ever made love to a ghost?”

One student in the back raises his hand. The professor is astonished. He removes his glasses, takes a step back, and says, “Son, in all the years I’ve been giving this lecture, no one has ever actually claimed to have slept with a ghost. Why don’t you come up here and tell us about it.”

The student replies with a nod and a grin, and begins to make his way up to the podium. The professor says, “Well, tell us what it’s like to have sex with a ghost.”

The student replies, “Ghost? Oh… I thought you said ‘goats’!”

Report Post Tip

I agree with you Shandi. My first home was so old there wasn't a year built in the records. All it said was rock and rubble foundation. lol

There was definitely a presence there. A good one. I think old souls visit their past sometimes. I know I will, if it's possible. 

Report Post Tip
I have had a few wierd things happen in my life that could make one believe in them but I would still say "no" they are not real.
Report Post Tip

I enjoy the thrill but I am not fully convinced

Report Post Tip

No, but if they do exist that'd be cool. I'd keep one as a pet in my mirror. We'd have a lot of fun.

Report Post Tip
Not sure, I've seen my pile of un usual crap. But even so I'm going to have to say no.
Report Post Tip
Yea mind games really. Movies and TV shows have made us more open to the idea
Report Post Tip

No. I believe in facts and evidence. If there ever will be hard evidence, then I will eventually come to terms with it. 

Report Post Tip
Dont believe in ghosts. Can agree that there’s things we cant explain, no idea what it is, happy to leave it at that.
Report Post Tip

No

they aren't real

Report Post Tip

Is it a coincidence the majority of people claiming to see ghosts are, well - weird?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Do you believe in ghosts?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL