Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 20:02:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place Started by: Zephyr on Mar 09, '08 08:03
So anyone with friendships is to be considered part of a group?

Perhaps I should dub myself SprozzaCPUNLIBRIZZIAMBERTANZINI?

No, it doesn't work like that.

Also, I didn't debate the death of Vodoo, the son of bill has given his reasons for that, I debated the death of Ralph, for which absolutely zero motive was offered.
Report Post Tip
No. Cab_Tufting is still greatly influenced by them. He would most likely follow whatever PrinceOfCheese would tell him. You are not a Crew Leader. What I said did not apply to you.

Meh... this world is fucked up and I doubt it is going to change.

Tide... out.
Report Post Tip
I wasn't going to say anything, because this seems more like soap opera drama that I would rather not involve myself with, but now we are talking about changes in how our leaders should run their families.

Get a grip, people. There is nothing new going on right now. Erase the names and the faces, and it's the same thing happening that has been going on since the beginning of time. There is always someone more powerful than everyone else. There is always nepotism to a certain degree (granted, sometimes it is more extreme than other times, and this is harmful but not destructive). There will always be dissent and people acting on that dissent.

It is possible to control the emergence of rogues to a certain extent, but to say you can eliminate them altogether is folly. We have seen families where many rogues emerge, and surely they were doing something wrong, but no one can create a foolproof system to prevent any and all occurances. Rogues emerge as a result of one of two sentiments: hopelessness or hatred. Hopelessness occurs when there is the perception that no matter what happens, regardless of any action you might take, you are destined to die. Let me clarify something here: I said, and I meant, "destined to die". NOT "denied the opportunity to succeed". Those who would rogue because they knew they wouldn't receive auth are whiney bitches who fall under the category of those who should not be promoted to Mademan. There is more to life than getting auth, and serving your family loyally is a reward in itself. No, I'm talking about imminent death regardless of your own actions. This is very rare and I cannot even think of an example. Whether we accept it or not, we usually bring about our own demise through being an asshat, plotting and scheming thinking the other guy is too stupid to find out, pissing off the wrong person and thinking you are too awesome to suffer repercussions, or breaking rules.

"Hatred", on the other hand, is something that is almost ALWAYS related to OOC relationships. A rogue doesn't like a person's coffee shop persona, and lashes out against their alter ego in the cities. There is not much we can do about this, given the inextricable link we have to the coffee shops. This is one reason why I HATE the coffee shops. It is simply not possible to stay true to RP form when they exist. The fact that they have been integrated even more as of late, this only magnifies the problem.

I see this whole conversation as just another example of hysteria by neurotic people who are unable to keep this place in a rational perspective. Nothing is different now than it has ever been in the past, nothing needs to changed to address this "fatal problem", the world is not going to end in seven days, Satan is not walking the streets in a bold suit, and the ONLY thing that is going to drive away the masses are the ridiculous measures that have been proposed here (e.g. killing off anyone who isn't 100% trustworthy and has reliable resources to support that fact).

The more people try to change things to address problems that don't exist, the more things get fucked up. The solutions are usually short sighted and create further unforeseen problems, which then propogate more short sighted, unnecessary solutions. The vicious circle goes round and round.

In summation, chill the fuck out people.
Report Post Tip
And where is this so called mud slinging at Cab? I am part of one of his captain's crews and have had several conversations with him, find him a great CL. I really don't see where anyone is trying to mudsling which would be interpreted as name calling etc. until you started in on Bill. We are all simply trying to point out potential issues which might be behind a lot of general unrest. And Adebayor - there was plenty of outcry during previous tyranny including a lot of roguing which your CL and many of our bloodlines were part of.
Report Post Tip
Mudslinging at Cab, to me, is simply grouping him in with a bunch of people when he is in fact, no longer one of those people.

Yes, he is a fantastic CL, and he has proven himself time and again. This wasn't a comment directly toward you Voulu, I am just fed up that 99% of the time, when I hear someone talking about Cab, they're just grouping him in with CP based on his past allegiances rather than on everything he has achieved in Chicago.
Report Post Tip
In that case, my apologies Sprozza, I did think that was directed at me. I have not been in the coffeeshops in quite a while due to technical problems so am not aware of whether it has been some time or not since Cab has been associated with CP
Report Post Tip
And Adebayor - there was plenty of outcry during previous tyranny including a lot of roguing which your CL and many of our bloodlines were part of.

From those on high? I must've missed that.

I do know, however, that other groups that took this "Hitleristic" approach, did so for the benefit of their families protection. Why is that so wrong? Why must we coddle everyone, allow them to rank, train guns, and freely move about in this place of ours, if they are only going to build up those skills to shoot us???

Was it fair that my bloodline was persecuted in the past? Nope. And since when has fairness ever been a part of this world? I got around it. I worked just as hard. I took on false identities. I tried to prove people wrong. So yeah, I've got a big problem when all of a sudden there's a huge a problem with leaders doing exactly what "fit" leaders of the past have always done. I dealt with it...so can others.
Report Post Tip
I didn't though! I did what most people will do and I died again... and again... ANNNND AGAIN!

h0mfg! lolz.

EET EZ ALMOST TIME! I AM SHAKING WITH ANTICIPACHUN!
Report Post Tip
I would just like to direct everyone to the second last paragraph, first line of my original speech.

As it seems that some people got excited and did not read that bit.
Report Post Tip
Which part Sir - the one about people walking around incog? Since Tide did not have who he was on his profile previously, shall we assume that is the only reason he was killed?
Report Post Tip
No, not that part about incog. The second last paragraph as Zephyr stated, pretty obvious really.

And before you go making more damning assumptions based on zero evidence, something which you have denounced in OOC avenue, no, Tide mugged me, and I didn't like that very much.
Report Post Tip
You could assume that, but you would be wrong.

I was pointing people to the bit that says "This is not a concrete proposal."
Report Post Tip
I misunderstood - frankly still do what the second last paragraph means but now that Zephyr has quoted it, it is obvious - thank you for clearing that up
Report Post Tip
How ridiculous. I do not recall one complaint from any god when Ganelon and co were doing the exact same thing way back when. Remember not letting people rank up and killing a leader every week? Apparently it is OK if you are that circle of people. Can we set aside the giant amount of pretence and have some truth please?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL