Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 06:15:57
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races. Started by: JackMezzo on Oct 25, '20 14:34

Having just returned from the auctions Taylor approached Mr Mezzo and handed him a cashiers cheque made out to Mezzo's Racing Inc. Loading his prized new horse Godfathers Gun onto a trailer to be delivered back to Detroit for training and check-ups, he looked back at all those in attendance. This years races will be quite the talk of the streets he thought to himself.

Report Post Tip

As always Humu was favoring the small ones in the back and would put his backing to the underdog

I would like to purchase that fine filly with the name of sudden_rush please

My cashier shall be demanded to transfer the proper amount soon

Report Post Tip

I would like to re-buy my old horse Whiskey Galore please.

Report Post Tip

After studying the available stock, Marie decided a good size gelding named Purse Pilferer.  Walking up to Jack Mezzo she whispered the choice in his ear before pulling back.  She smiled at him and gave him a wink as she handed him her envelope to cover the purchase amount.

Report Post Tip

Azathoth had heard a lot about the horse racing that had been sweeping the nation lately, and he was always told that when you believe something will hit it big that you should stop at nothing to make sure that you are part of it. While he was a little slow on the uptake and missed the first slew of races, there was a second chance that had hit him in the face.

I would like to discuss the purchase of Nag Hattan. I've seen he has a few third place finishes and I think with the right amount of stero-- uh, proper training and hard work that he can become something so much more.

Report Post Tip

Thank you, all. Your purchases will all be updated on the files once I hire a secretary. 

As a reminder, the remaining horses will be made available to purchase from 18:00 today. 

Report Post Tip

Cinnamon walks into the stables wearing an atypical ensemble for the usually casual stoner. Gone was the guitar and his trademark joint, in favour of a flat cap, tweed blazer, podhpurs and wellington boots, with a riding crop stashed under his arm.

Excellent to see you out here JackMezzo, it's always great to see activity on these streets. If you need a jockey, please keep me in mind. I may not be small and light, like a traditional jockey, but I'm a dab hand with this here riding crop.

Swishing the crop around in a haphazard way, knocking over a milking bucket and spooking the horses, Cinnamon accidentally whips his own thigh and starts swearing. Loudly.

Aye alright... maybe best if I stick to the betting then.

Lifting his flat cap and producing a joint from the lining, and a lighter from his pocket, Cinnamon lights his joint and begins assessing the horses.

Report Post Tip

Takkar marched into the office of JackMezzo as soon as the place opened up for the day. Over his shoulder he had a large gunny sack which he slammed down on the desk in front of Jack. "Damn Dirty Dupe !" he growled, startling Jack. Takk had visited the stables the day before and examined all the horses. He was impressed by triple D's elegant neck and long legs as well as his shiny black mane. That horse was gonna win the championship, he knew it.

"I want to buy Damn Dirty Dupe," Takk pointed at the sack which contained the cash. He scribbled his signature in the book in front of him before turning around to leave the office. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Your purchase has been logged, Takkar! Excellent choice on that one. 

Now all the horses are available and on the market, the next step is to get them racing. I'll soon announce the racers, dates and will open to take bets!

Report Post Tip

Strolling blithely through the stales, Barb eyed the beasts with a curious - albeit untrained - gaze. They were magnificent... and auctioning fast. She wasn’t on the up-and-up like the crowd that surrounded her seemed to be. But her last contract had payed enough to breathe comfortably for a little while... just a little while. And Barb was on the hunt for her next catch. That’s why she’d come. Not so much for the horses themselves but the people who would be buying them. People who could help her find... Another Contract. 

Blinking slowly in disbelief, Barb chuckled under her breath as she eyed the name written in bold letters above the stall of a especially average looking mount. Rolling her eyes she cursed softly, “Aw, hell... I can take a hint.” Pulling an unmarked envelope from the inside pocket of her coat, she smiled nervously at Jack as she handed it to him. “I’ll take Another Contract,” she nodded, trying her best not to chuckle maniacally as she said it. That was everything she’d made from her last gig. This damned horse better pay off... one way or another. 

Report Post Tip

JeanRalphio stood outside of the stables with his horse, Click Monkey, brushing his hand across its sturdy body as he soothed the equine member of his family.

"Hey boo, you know we're in this for the long haul, right?"

The horse made a gentle grumble as JeanRalphio placed his head against Click Monkey's, bonding for a brief moment.

"We're in this, ride or die."

A single tear fell from JeanRalphio's cheek as he turned to JackMezzo, producing his warranty card in the process.  

"Anyway, he has been a massive disappointment. His performance has been abysmal. I never want to see him again.  JeanRalphio wants a winner.  JeanRalphio needs a winner. I need the horse called.. Drive By."

Report Post Tip

Kates scowled.

"Well that's all the money I've got. Who the hell has that much to spend on a damn horse?"

The man with the information about how much each horse cost just shrugged.

"Well... what can I afford?"

"Look, miss, you missed the early rush; the only one available for the amount of money you're offering is one of the two worst horses I've ever seen in my whole damn life. He's probably destined for the glue factory and-"

"Shut up. I'll take that one. What's his name?"

"Uh... Rumor Has It."

Kates sighed. 

"Fine. Whatever."

Report Post Tip

The horses were going fast and the few remaining horses that Robert had his eye on were also being looked at by several others. Served him right for being so late to the bidding. He frowned, checking the list of names Hamish had given him, it seemed as though he still had a chance, however, to get a fine looking gelding. Once the lady ahead of him laid her claim to Rumor Has It, he crossed it off his ever shortening list. As his turn approached, he double checked it and put his name down.

“I’ll take Final Bullet if he’s available.”

Jack,

I would like to purchase the horse "Drive By" for the sum of $500k.  Money should be wired over shortly.

Zipper

Report Post Tip

WE ARE LIVE

Bets can now be placed on the first two races.

Access The Stables here to view all details on how to bet.

Maximum bet has been set low to avoid any catastrophic mishaps for the first couple of races. This value will increase as participation increases and the event is proven to be stable. There are also still horses to take ownership of.

Thank you for your time and patience while this has been brought together. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Report Post Tip

Great to see you back. I can now understand what my father meant about Slimg Shot. What an amazing horse

Report Post Tip

Morning Jack,

I would like to put 250k on In Cognito to win.

DaBaby

Report Post Tip

There are currently three horses in the stables of whom the kin of the owners have not claimed.

These will be auctioned before the races tomorrow evening, if not claimed before midnight tonight. Horses which are auctioned can be bought by existing horse owners. This is the only instance where multiple horses can be owned by one person, by auction.

Moving forwards, any horses of whom the owner dies will be placed up for auction.

Report Post Tip

BlueOrchid had always wanted a horse, long ago her father had entered the horse racing business and she had fond memories of the times spent in the stables and on the track. The opportunity hadn't arisen to walk in her fathers footsteps until recently and due to this, the desire to make this dream a reality had grown.

Walking through the stables and seeing these fine animals in all of their beauty was a sight to see. Stopped in her tracks, BlueOrchid set her eyes upon the most good looking horse she'd ever seen.

"What's the name of this horse?" asked BlueOrchid as she stroked the horse gently. JackMezzo replied "Don't Stop Refreshing and he's yours for $500,000 he's a fine choice"

BlueOrchid handed JackMezzo an envelope full of cash and said "That should cover it"

Jack 

You are a fucking treasure. I'd say National but we're quite diverse.

Whatever you need to keep going, let me know!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL