Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 12:54:06
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races. Started by: JackMezzo on Oct 25, '20 14:34

What a great night!

Our horse auctions raised over 12 million for the event sponsorship with additional support from members of the underground across the country. For anonymity's sake they shall remain nameless, however you know who you are, and I thank you sincerely for your support.

Tonight's races were the first and got us started with some lucky punters cashing in, and some horse owners making significant returns on their investments, in only the first race. Falure Pony took the limelight in the first race this evening with $650,000 in earnings, while Godfathers Gun stole first place from the favorite in the second race to earn his owner $450,000.

Odds are now up for the 3rd and 4th races, and the maximum bet amount has been increased to $250,000. The horses that have run tonight will also have their history updated, with some moving into their second race with greater chance of winning thanks to their performance in the first.

We'll hopefully see you on Wednesday 4th November for the next races, please note there are still horses to take ownership of!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $550,000 Tip

Ivy had always loved horses, anything in nature really, so when Ivy passes by the stables she simply had to go inside. 

There were so many beautiful horses. As she got half way down the stalls she stopped. “Why hello there, what’s your name?” Ivy smiled as she stroked the horse. She read the name Flighty Felon. She felt a kindship with the horse and after speaking to the man up front about a price she made up her mind. She handed the man $500,000 and couldn’t wait to see what the horse could do!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Race 1 Report

It was a wet day in Detroit, where our first race of the season kicked off. The competitors raced on a 1.5 Mile course which has a turf surface. The starting pistol fired and they were off. First out of the gate was Long Live LA, owned by a Californian enthusiast, followed by Daily Hustle and then Falure Pony. Nag Hattan kept close behind them, who was trailed by In Cognito then Red Handed. Making up the back of the pack were Click Monkey, Municipal Menace and then Passing Wind.

Our three front runners were taking full advantage of their preferred conditions, keeping a steady lead on the pack. At the back of the pack, Click Monkey digs deep to overtake Red Handed, and put her into seventh. As they rounded the bend, Nag Hattan is spurned on, digging deep to take Falure Pony for third. At the front of the pack, Daily hustle showed signs of struggling and dropped to third, being taken by Nag Hattan and Falure Pony. Long Live LA in first, then also struggled and dropped to third. 

It was then Nag Hattan in first place followed by Falure Pony and Long Live LA. As they approach the finish, the home crowd is cheered on their local horse, Falure Pony, who is spurned on by the support. And as they crossed the line, it was Falure Pony who took first, followed by Nag Hattan and Long Live LA.

Race 2 Report

The second race took place in New York City, the surface being synthetic and conditions dry.

Out of the gate we had the extremely competent Godfathers Gun taking first, then in an upset the favourite, Rogue Racer, in second. In third place, One Percent. In fourth it was Dat Bum, then Sleepy Fishy followed by Hoof Hearted. At the back of the pack, Soontu Beglue, Cement Shoes and Petty Criminal battle for their place.

Not long into the stretch, Cement Shoes appears to struggle in eighth place and slipped to ninth, taken by Petty Criminal. Hoof Hearted digs in into his reserves to push him into fifth place, taking Sleepy Fishy. The front runners began to spread out, thundering down the short 0.8 mile sprint. As they approach the finish, it was still Godfathers Gun, Rogue Racer and One Percent.

There was no home advantage in this race and the racers crossed the line, Godfathers Gun, Rogue Racer and One Percent.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Asher is in a Rush, but stops off at the betting office and places a bet,  "250k win on Durden Destroyer and 250k win on sudden rush"

Asher puts the briefcase of money on the table and tips his hat before he leaves 

Report Post Tip

The third race was just a day away and Takkar was excited to see how his horse, 'Damn Dirty Dupe' or triple D as he lovingly called him, would fare. He made sure to visit the stables every single day to keep an eye on triple D and from the looks of it, he was in prime form. The wiry young jockey he hired had assured him that he would win the race without breaking a sweat.

With his confidence running high, Takk went to the bank to withdraw a large sum of money to bet on the horse race. He took the briefcase filled with a quarter million dollars to JackMezzo and announced his intentions, "Race 3. $250,000 on Damn Dirty Dupe to win." After his bet was entered he walked through the crowd gathered at the betting office and whispered rumors of how he had heard that triple D was a shoo in for first place.

As he was about to leave Jack's office he ran into Karizma a fellow horse owner. Takk tried to remember the name of her horse. Was it Vanilla milkshake or Iced tea. Nah. It was a beverage of some sort, that much he knew. "Hey Karizma, are you here to bet on your horse?" he inquired with a wry smile and before departing he wished her, "May your horse fare well in tomorrow's race."  But he knew that her Orange Juice never stood a chance against his lightning fast triple D.

Report Post Tip

Rosemary had been waiting and saving ever since she first saw the pamphlet about horse ownership. She had watched the first set of races go by, and still was scrounging change together and finally she managed to save up enough for the horse she wanted. 

She made her way to the stables and looked around for the person she thought might be in charge, the one with the least amount of dirt on him.

"Mister Mezzo?" She tentatively approached, holding out an envelope that was clearly ready to burst. The doe-eyed look on her face said it all, she was still very new to this world.

"This pamphlet here says that you have a horse for sale by the name of Al Cap One, I'd like to buy him from you and keep him stabled and racing here. I promise I'll take good care of him and I can pay for whatever upkeep is necessary!" Her voice was quivering ever so slightly as she handed the envelope over, poor girl was more nervous than the horses.

Report Post Tip

Evening all, 

The next race is now available, and will be taking place on Friday 13 November.

You can access the races as usual via The Stables.

The next six races will take place in Chicago, as we begin rotating between cities and making use of the Racecourses set up in each one to host the events. Please ensure you consider the recently added impact that the home crowds could have on their horses! See this flier for details!

Report Post Tip

Wearing a fine tweed suit, and a flat cap, and surrounded by a throng of his most loyal protectors, despite the racetrack being almost empty this early in the day, Cinnamon walks alongside the full length of the racetrack prior to the race tonight, surveying the turf and the last minute weather conditions, knowing even the finest variances in the weather or track condition could be the difference between a night of lobster in the champagne lounge, and a night of... well, extorting his turf and feasting on a takeaway burger.

"Fuckin Friday the thirteenth... a race on the unluckiest day imaginable. If that doesn't speak volumes about my kinda luck, I don't know what does." he jokes with his bodyguards as the group makes their way across to the paddock, to assess the fine, athletic looking beasts causing a cloud of steam to rise up and hang over the field, in the crisp, early morning air.

Eyeing up the heaviest of the stallions, and one of only two riding out of their home city, Cinnamon turns to a bodyguard hanging around at the back of the pack and pulls a wad of notes out of his suit pocket:

"Find the bookie, and tell him I want to put a quarter of a mill on Knight Mare, on the nose... none of that each-way nonsense, neither. I got a feeling about this nag. Also - tell me if you find a bar on your travels. Fuckin security confiscated my guns and my stash, and I don't like sobriety; especially at the races. Being smashed makes the losses easier to accept."

Dawn wasn't very superstitious.  In fact Friday the 13th was going to be a good day.   Dawn remembered going to the horse track and watching the horse race with her father a number of times.  She was excited when she saw that JackMezzo introduced his horse racing plans for the cities.   When she heard a horse called Knight Mare was racing on racing on Friday the 13th she knew she had to place a bet.   She was off to find out exactly what she needed to do to secure a bet. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Zeb joins Dawn_ in the celebration of the return to the races.

My own horse is not racing in my home city as he's currently undergoing a massive dose of steroids resting so I shall look on with interest at the runners and riders.

Report Post Tip
Viper had his eyes on "Rebuild This". He looked like a fine starter horse. Viper reached into his coat and removed an envelope containing $500,000 and placed it in Jack Mezzos hand as he pointed at Rebuild This.
Report Post Tip

Thank you all for your support on the last race, it's greatly appreciated. We're back today to put up two more races and announce that there are a couple of changes:

• Bets can now be placed To Show, which is your chosen horse finishing First, Second or Third
  • Maximum bet has increased to $500,000

The next two races will take place on Wednesday 18 November. We'll then hold two more on the weekend to finish up this run of five races. Following that, I'll plan a "Super Sunday" where we will fire off all five races at once in the next city.

These five are taking place in Chicago, who wants to call out the next city?

Report Post Tip

Returning to the racetrack ahead of tonight's race, Cinnamon secures a prime seat in the grandstand - just in line with the finishing line, close to the bar. Noticing the organiser milling around, making the final few arrangements before the masses start to arrive.

Another fine day for a horse race - looking forward to the next race, Jack... I just hope I've not backed another lemon!

Raising a flute of fine champagne and nodding respectfully at the well dressed man.

Salut Don Mezzo.

Since he has loved horses all of his life he now sat down to relax to see those races that occurs today, he hasnt betting anything this time sinc ehe more liked to watch the races without having any bets on the horses it gives more fun instead of sitting and being mad if his horse lose, thanks to that it was always a pleasure to see it without any cash-flow going in race. He was also very satisfied over what jackMezzo had created that surely made many glad in this world.

He light a smoke and sat there and waited for the first race to start.

Borat walks up to mezzo with a donkey that he is sick of seeing lose every race he ever participated in but feels possitive his luck is about to change he slams down £250,000 down on the table and announces

I would like to purchase Bootleg baron

After reviewing the stables, Ocean wires $250,000.00 for the race horse ‘Click Monkey’ to JackMezzo.

Report Post Tip

After a long interval it was finally time for Damn Dirty Dupe to hit the races again and Takkar was ready to place another large bet on his equine friend. He was starting to worry about triple D. The long absence seemed to have made the beast pudgy, not an adjective he liked to associate with a race horse. Jean Vin the jockey seemed confident as ever and he promised Takk another win, but Takk wasn't so sure.

"I would like to bet $250,000 on Damn dirty dupe," Takkar took a deep breath and added, " to place." It was not that he didn't believe in triple D, he knew that D would give it his all. But Takk knew his horse was not in top form at the moment and he was unwilling to risk betting for first place.

Before leaving the office he wandered around the place listening to the rumors and gossip. To his surprise he ran into Borat, the oddball from South Philly. "Hi there. I see you have purchased a horse as well. The races are quite thrilling aren't they," Takkar laughed loudly. "I'm a horse owner myself. Not to brag but I have the best horse in this tournament, so try not to get your hopes up," he smiled smugly. 

well so far i've lucked out at the turf accountants and with my horse on the track.

Onwards and upwards as they say. Looking forward to the next one.

Report Post Tip

Nervous she's never punted let allowed owned a equine she walks  to the races with a few notes stifled into her bra because well pick pockets. 

the energy in the room was contagious she wouldn't wait to see the race unfold!

hi JackMezzo

sorry i've been away for a short while, did the race for 30th November take place as my horse was due to run.

if not, i'll have a little flutter.

many thanks

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Return to the Races - More Horses, More Races.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL