Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 02:25:30
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
horrible christmas gifts Started by: Coppa on Dec 30, '20 00:12

The yearly socks and gloves were probably about my worst present.  Then the similar lynx body kits always in Africa that were mentioned above.

Report Post Tip

Because of all the restrictions this year we had no chance of getting presents from the shops.

Of course we could have ordered them online, but the chance of getting them in time was almost zero.

So we ended up with buying some coffee and tea for each other, which made the Christmas presents this year special, not specifically horrible.

Report Post Tip
I actually like getting socks.

The worst present I received I think is Jamie Carragher's autobiography. I am a Liverpool fan but have no interest in him or whatever he has done in his life.

I think I had even said before I didnt want it but I still got it.
Report Post Tip

im totally down with socks and briefs from my parents each year lol

its the one thing i know i dont have to ever buy

Report Post Tip

You can tell the age of the people here by which side of the fence the "Socks and underwear as a gift" they are on.

I think its a dormant gene that is activated mid 30s :P

Report Post Tip

To be honest I can't remember when I had a bad gift. I've basically always gotten things I've wanted and as I got older I usually got gift certificates at either clothes stores or makeup stores or book shops. So I've always been able to get what I've wanted.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

One year for christmas when I moved out, my mother decided to get me a glass orniment which was horrible. for a while we kept it in the front room to be kind. Once while drunk I accidentally hit it off.

Report Post Tip

Socks are an awesome gift! I mean, you need them every day and there's nothing better than putting on a fresh pair when they're so soft and fuzzy cottony. Im a mom, so socks and underwear are a must gift every year. Pajamas too! oh and new slippers to match the pj's lol. It's like getting a hug from mom every day. :)

Report Post Tip

So true Squishy! 😂 I vividly remember hating those gifts, nowadays Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without the annual underwear and socks present. I even requested socks and underwear one year, but people got fancy and got proper nice socks, and subscriptions for monthly underwear deliveries, which was cool, but I was just wanting boring plain stuff.

Report Post Tip

I can't say I've ever had a bad gift (I managed to dodge staff herpes during the snowball fight).  I did have someone get me a gift that they later regretted giving me, though, so I guess it's a bad gift from their perspective. I had a roommate give me one scratch-off lottery ticket as a gag gift.  I scratched it off...boom. $100.  She was so pissed off she went and spent about $75 bucks on lottery tickets thinking that she would win.  No such luck.  Lightning already had struck. :P

Report Post Tip

i the most horrible gift is not getting anything from your family and staying all alone on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. No one should be alone but there always is so many of us out there that are. For me my most horrible gift is when my family forgot about me when i was in the army. Got no new from them at all.

Report Post Tip

the worst gift is getting the same shit every year that you already have  5 or 6 of. Even worse is when they dont leave the gift receipt so you cant get it exchanged for something you actually need. But then you have to deal with long lines and stupidity the day after xmas. not a fun time.

Report Post Tip
I agree with Vixen...the worst Christmas present is being forgotten by family. A gift isn't even necessary. This past Christmas was spent sorting through the rubble of my house all alone (it burned at the beginning of the month) and trying not to have a full on break down.
Report Post Tip
I’m at that age where I either receive wine or socks! Although this year I actually received very thoughtful and useful presents.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

There's a running joke between me and a friend of mine that's been going on for years now, however you need a bit of backstory to understand it. I was on a weekend away with mates and of course, alcohol was flowing in abundance! Some how (I really don't know and can't remember how - damn that alcohol) me and my mate got split up from the rest of the group and ended up walking the wrong way to go to the next bar that everyone else was in. We both needed the toilet super bad, as you do after drinking a lot and the first shop we went past was a carpet shop.

Anyway, we went in and begged the owners to use their toilets saying that we were bursting and if they didn't let us use them, we'd end up needing the toilet (number 1's, not number 2's) outside. The guys in the shop said that we wouldn't be able to use the toilets unless we made a purchase and suggested that we buy each other a Carpet sample for Christmas as a laugh. Anyway, we both bought the carpet samples to give to each other as a Christmas present, as suggested and were able to use the toilets! Now, every year, we give each other a Christmas present of a random Carpet sample to commemorate this glorious occasion!

Report Post Tip
Although I always appreciate that people have put in the effort to select and buy me a gift. But I find that the default gift for a female tends to be lotions and soaps...then i end up with too many little bottles of things that I don't use!! I now donate these rather than just let them become clutter, which is a great solution.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I bought quite a few gag gifts for my siblings and somehow one of the gifts ended up in the kids present. Talk about fail parent of the year.
Report Post Tip

I'm never really a big fan of gag gifts, not that they're the worst in the world but it's usually about funny for a few minutes and then either it takes up space or gets thrown away, just feels a bit wasteful to me. 

Report Post Tip
Nice thread, lol mine were socks or socks and socks. Worst f****** gift anyone can get. Am I wrong?
Report Post Tip

I was gifted socks with the Liverpool logo on so this year they were not the worst gift 

This year was a skin care gift set being a man with a massive beard I DONT NEED face cream a beard oil would have been much better thanks mum 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: horrible christmas gifts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL