Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:24:41
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
What's your favorite music genre? Started by: ConsilioVance on Jan 14, '21 04:10

I was looking through a previous thread about music and I noticed many of the people responding seemed to be Metallica or hard-core rock fans. I just want to see if I'm right about this. So...What's your favorite genre of music?

Report Post Tip
I’d say it’s hard to pick a favourite, so much of what I listen to is mood related!
However, if I had to pick a go-to... I might go with my obscure favourite...
I really really love weird covers.
Like punk covers of pop music!

https://youtu.be/M50lKtaE8rs

Or like, folk rock covers of classic rap!

https://youtu.be/H4hGSR5njZE

Anything fun and different!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I listen a lot of rap and rock and roll, obviously. Both genres figure at my top 2.
I like some country and dark western too...
But my favorite? Definitely trance music. I fucking love it.

My musical genre tends to go with my mood as well, but I'm quite eclectic about music so I like many different styles. I usually listen to rock ballads, 80s/90s songs, and blues. One style that I still need to learn to listen to is metal. I have a lot of friends who appreciate it, but it makes me a little uncomfortable to hear.

Report Post Tip

i know its completely fucking opposites eacho9ther but i like rap and country music. anythign with a good beat and rythmn

Report Post Tip

I'm into Heavy metal and rap mostly, but I like alternative/grunge, Nu-metal, Industrial and some classic rock as well. I had every cd Metallica put out for awhile. They kinda went a little too mainstream for me tho. I love their classic albums a lot. Put on some Master of puppets or ...and justice for all, and I'm a happy camper. I really love Megadeth too, Dave Mustaine is the man!

Report Post Tip

I have absolutely no idea about which genre is my favorite. I like many and it's probably easier for me to name a year of favorite music than the genre. 

I like rap, rock, rock and roll, blues, disco.. Like seriously it's so hard for me to pick one.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I like a real eclectic mix. Probably the most relaxing music in my opinion can be found in video games. Obviously not COD but Skyrim type adventures. I also list to the Focus playlist on Apple Music a lot when at work. That’s really varied.
Report Post Tip
I see a few have said it already.. but my music tastes are fairly eclectic too.

Mood dependant I could be listening to 90s pop, 80s rock, Rap or even classical music (only music I listened to today was Beethovens 9th symphony)

If I had to choose a favourite genre it'd probably be Pop as more often than not it can put a smile on my face.
Report Post Tip
Like most here it ranges. I mainly enjoy metal/grudge. But I also enjoy rap and even some dubstep. I can get into pretty much anything aside country. Hate that.
Ooo and also Reggae and lets not forget classic sea shanties.
Report Post Tip

Great topic, I love music.  I really don't stick to one genre, I tend to listen to a little bit of everything.  Not a huge fan of country, but pretty much anything else.  What I listen to most often is rock, metal, rap, occasionally shitty pop songs, and a lot of obscure or lesser known bands. 

Report Post Tip

Let's say listening to an album 5 years ago made me re-evaluate my music taste and made me throw away my old music taste and re-explore what I actually like. 90% of my music taste is rap, whether it be underground or mainstream, so I guess that answers this question. The rest of the stuff I listen to is a giant mess of whatever I end up liking which includes some R&B, 3 random post-punk bands which connect with me, Kate Bush, Björk, an indie folk album here and there, etc.

I used to be part of the 'everything but country' crowd, but when you're following rap, a genre that's often dismissed as mind-numbingly boring trap and soundcloud rap nowadays, you realize that there's definitely more to country than fratboy "bro country," the cheesy "boyfriend country," or the "grocery list of small town cliches" songs if you actually look for country music you would actually like.

Report Post Tip

I have been listening to many lately and in few languages too, no matter what I always do like the calm and classic music or songs, they are the best for me or those that can express the sad emotions inside my soul.

Report Post Tip

this is a hard one for me, I'm into different types of music probably artist that you haven't even heard of  like

Nicole cross

Us the duo

Gardiner Sisters

Julia Sheer

Alessia Cara

Jack Johnson

The Band Perry 

Dean Lewis

and a bit of meat loaf, ACDC

i know a bit of a wild choice of music but that's my music  in a nutshell 

Report Post Tip

Today its very much rap. I don't know why my mood lately has swung from Taylor Swift's calming stuff to hype up rap but it is what it is.

Report Post Tip

Heavy Metal. Been listening to Heavy Metal since I was like six years old. I still remember the first Metallica shirt I got...

• Death Metal. An extreme form of the genre that uses distorted guitarsand a growling vocal style ….

• Grindcore. This is a genre influenced by thrash metal and death metal. It takes its name from the …

• Metalcore. This genre is currently very popular and combines heavy metal with hardcore.

These are my favourite metal subgenres beside Heavy Metal.

List of American death metal bands

• Abscess
  • The Absence
  • Abysmal Dawn
  • Acheron
  • Acid Bath
  • Acid Witch
  • Aletheian
  • Angelcorpse
  • Animosity
  • Arsis

List Of Metalcore bands I listen to

• As I Lay Dying
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Parkway Drive
  • Bring Me the Horizon
  • Trivium
  • August Burns Red
  • Bullet for My Valentine
  • All That Remains
  • Underoath
  • Asking Alexandria

List of Grindcore Metal bands

1. Napalm Death.

2. Carcass. 

3. Pig Destroyer. 

4. Cattle Decapitation. 

Not sure I can pick a favourite genre, all the music I listen to is different styles. A wee list of different bands and artists...

Radiohead, fugazi, Mogwai, Tool, Nirvana, Blur, Pixies, Adele, jimi hendrix, Nas, Notorious Big.

Could writes lists for day tbh so I will stop there
Report Post Tip
Oh I listen to a lot of different genres, but my favourite at the moment is probably rock.
Report Post Tip
I like DANGDUT music
Report Post Tip

Definitely RnB. I'm always in the mood for it.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What's your favorite music genre?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL