Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 08:40:44
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Harison's Big Money Super Bowling Competition Started by: Harison on Jan 16, '21 08:18

Harison shook Scarfo 's hand and noticed the envelope he discretely handed to him containing wads of cash.  

Harison was puzzled.   "Does this guy think bribing me will help him bowl better?"

The money in the envelope was significant so Harison wanted to make it seem like it was money well spent.

"Hey Scarfo , come over here bud I want to show you something."

Harison led Scarfo into a back room of the bowling alley where the bowling shoes were kept.   

He picked up a pair of shoes that were on a table all by themselves.   They were there because Harison used them earlier when he bowled a game to pass the time.

"Here Scarfo , put these on.   These are the best shoes around and will no doubt help you get a few more strikes.   Don't tell anyone else about these but if you do, let them know you gave me an extra envelope to get access."

Scarfo put on the shoes and made his way to the lanes to bowl his next game. 

Scarfo started off with a 9 in the first frame but then rolled two gutterballs in the second frame. 

Harison pretended not to notice.   

Scarfo improved greatly from there and rolled 6 strikes leaving only one other frame open to finish with a 164.

Harison posted the SCORECARD and approached Scarfo and patted him on the back.

"Nice job!  Those shoes improved your score by a bunch!   Be sure to come find me next time you make another entry.   I might have something else for you."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Harison received Toaly 's entry fee for his second entry and was a bit surprised.   He didn't expect to see the old man again for a few days as the commute to the city on his tractor can take hours.   

"I guess the man loves to bowl, or gamble, or both." Harison thought to himself.

Toaly started off strong with a couple of strikes.  He managed four more strikes the rest of the game but a 5 in the sixth frame took him out of the running to make the leaderboard on this entry.  He improved on his first entry and finished with a 158.

Harison posted Toaly 's SCORECARD then sat back down and lit a cigar while the next participant got ready to bowl. 

Report Post Tip

Kaya had been roused from a long, deep sleep by the sound of her friends mocking her aim. Alright, it's true she may have missed her target once or twice in the past but she thought they would have forgotten it by now... however, she was reminded of her past indiscretions on the daily and she felt like she needed to prove herself. Stretching her arms out and yawning, she decided to get out of bed for once and actually do something productive for a change. Taking two hours to pick out the perfect bowling clothes that were a mix of athleticism and couture, she took one last look at the mirror before deciding she was ready to go.

The first thing she noticed was the obscene number of lewd jokes flying around. Well, she could only assume that they were lewd because of the side eyes and mischievous snickers being passed around. As she was the most innocent one around Philadelphia, she really wouldn't know nor understand any jokes about training forearms or polishing balls, but still, she giggled at some of them. She also sighed as she watched some of the... older folks... try their best to be as limber as possible but arching their back in pain as they tried to bend down and roll the ball. Maybe those old men should really just stick to golf or perhaps trivia for a chance to actually succeed.

Making her way to read the rules, Kaya's brain started hurting at the sight of numbers. She had a rudimentary understanding of how the game went and at the end of the day, she was here to have fun and not win. As her favorite cat would say, here for a good time, not a long time.

Spotting Harison in the crowd, she walked up to him and gave him a smile of approval. "Thanks for organizing this Harison! Seems like lots of fun. I'd like to join in on the fun of having balls in my hands, might even give them a little kiss for good luck." With that extremely innocent remark, she handed him a wad of cash, ready to dominate the bowling alley.

Report Post Tip

tebo eyes an opportunity to top the Chicago leader board, he expects he'll get very comfortable up there in the coming weeks. 

"Don Harison - take my money and keep it warm, I'll be expecting a pay out for winning in due course! This type of athleticism cannot be taught."

tebo flexes, his shirt taut around his muscles. He begins to roll up his sleeves whilst he awaits his opponent.

Report Post Tip

Tammy had received a personal letter from Godfather Chairman Asher in her mailbox about a rather large bowling competition with a rather incredibly large sum of money to be won. After reading the letter, she was a slow reader, she immediately went to check it out on the Streets.

It was the largest crowd Tammy had spotted since she entered this world of crime custard and she looked up as Harison explained the rules.
Well.. She didn't really, she just crossed her fingers and hoped the milk crates Harison was balancing on would not collapse. It looked way less stable than Lance's hematocrit value. But then again, there was nothing artificial about the stacked crates.

After she somehow gathered the information, and Harison had landed safely on the ground, Tammy looked in her pouched apron. She found her wallet and counted the custard earnings of the day. She knew, deep in her heart, that Lance, Ricky_Bobby and RichieRahl partly were to thank for the pretty incredible income of the day, but she imagined that giving them part of the potential winnings would probably do for them as well. She counted some bills and counted..

..and counted

..and counted

Ninehundrednienetyninethousandsevenhundred

Ninehundrednienetyninethousandeighthundred

Ninehundrednienetyninethousandeighthundredandfifty..

Tammy sighed. She would have to go ask Borat for the last $150..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Harison was pleased to see some fresh faces enter the competition, including one from a new city.    Watching those games should be a lot of fun in the coming hours.

For now, time to update the crowd on some recent entries....

Asher and his bulging foreman seemed to be all warmed up this time around.  He only left two frames open and finished strong with 3 strikes to end the game.   He finished with a 191, a big improvement from his previous best.

tebo , the first Chicago participant, put up a good showing for his city.   He rolled six strikes including three to end the game on his way to a very respectable 185.

Harison posted the SCORECARD on the wall and sat back down to watch the day's remaining participants roll their games. 

PHILLY and OVERALL LEADER:  Karizma (239)

VEGAS LEADER: Rain (189)

CHICAGO LEADER:  tebo (185)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Merah was absolutely having guns time of her life!  She was loving this game and some of her very favorite people were taking part too!!  Now Merah was a constant observer at the other games.  There was only so much she could learn but still she watched.  She would yap her excited approval when people did well, but she absolutely lost herself when Ethan bowled.  Naturally she was respectful as the shot was being made but her howls echoed among the clattering of the pins and beyond!  She spurred on her dear Race Street lives with her own infectious joy.

Now that last game hadn’t been the best for the fox but she wasn’t worried. Jumping right back into the fray, Merah was eager to better her score! But more than that...  she just wanted to play!!  Making sure the fee got wired on over, she would try her paw once again!

Report Post Tip

Gordon read the note and walked straight down to see what all the fuss was about "Bowling" it wasnt quite cooking or football (Soccer) there was no skill just pure luck so Gordon sends his sous chef with a briefcase full of money with a note for entry fee

At least if I don't win I will be the best from LA Gordon remembers to send Madoka and Gianna Commiserations messages 

Having received word in something that sounded quite fun Madoka knew she couldn't pass it up. And then to also have a chance at winning big money? Really who could say no! 

Report Post Tip

Harison got up from his front-row seat after the last participant finished their game and turned to face the assembled crowd.

"First of all, thank you to all who have participated!   Many have entered multiple times which is great to see!"

Harison took a quick swig of his glass of bourbon and continued...

"I am also pleased to report that word of this competition has now reached all the way across the country as we now have our first competitors from the fine city of LA joining in on the big money hunt!  Here's the latest recap in case you missed any of the action..."

Kaya started off great with two strikes to open her game but then her poor aim reared its ugly head again causing her to finish with a 118.

Tammy now has the distinguished record of rolling the lowest score in the contest so far.   She managed only 2 strikes on her way to a 91.

Merah 's third entry was a roller-coaster performance.   She finished with a very good total of six strikes but sprinkled in a 1 and 2 in a couple frames to end up with a 145.

Ten pin Toaly , as he was known in his younger days, made the trek into the city again and made the most of it.  He rolled six strikes in a row near the end of the game and added one more for a total of 7.   If it wasn't for a 2 in the fourth frame, we might have had a new overall leader.   He finished with a very respectable 203.

@Gordon_Ramsey was the first LA entrant and he did not disappoint.   He opened the game rolling two strikes.  After a 3 and a 6 in the next couple of frames he went on a tear rolling six more strikes the rest of the way to finish with a 189.

Madoka , another LA entrant, didn't fare quite as well as the chef.  Starting the game with a 1 never helps but she got much stronger as the game went along with her last three rolls all being strikes.   If she enters again, she will look to beat her current score of 125.

Harison posted the SCORECARD for the recent matches for all to view and got ready for the next participant to test their luck. 

LA LEADER:  Gordon_Ramsey (189)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Harison noticed he had a typo in Gordon_Ramsay 's name on the leaderboard and felt obligated to correct the error.

LA LEADER:  Gordon_Ramsay (189)

After Harison had handed her a gorgeous deep purple ball, Tammy felt the need to be at her best, to set a new bar..
She was determined. Tammy decided to give it all she had.. Not only since she knew Takkar was looking, but also because she wanted to outdo the ever competitive Lance, even before he had joined the competition.

It wasn't easy for the mediocre waitress, she had a hard time at the bowling alley. A couple of times she even couldn't find the long gutter and she accidentally hit and dropped some pins. It happened twice, but both times, she excused herself to the onlooking crowd..

Sorry, my fellow-Philadelphians.. I will try to avoid them next throw! I will do this city proud..

With her last throw, she swung backwards, placed her left foot just before the line, swung forward and let the ball loose just in time to have it make a beautiful parabole and hit the wooden floor 10 feet from the starting line. The ball skipped through agonizingly slow and hit the gutter around halfway the lane. Tammy clenched her fist, hoping the ball would make it all the way through the gutter to drop at the end of the lane..

It took a while..

And then..

It took some more time

In the end, at last, the ball made it!

Yes!! Tammy couldn't help but cheer out loudly, before she turned around and saw less cheerful faces.

Come on guys, someone had to break the record?

Report Post Tip

After his last game, Scarfo stuck around with the other Race Streeters. The place in general was quite active and he managed to get glimpses of some pretty good ball handling going on. Out of the 19106, he watched Merah bowl another respectable game. He was happy for her and clapped her performance on with each strike. There was a gritted-teeth smile and thoughts of a real life train set as he did, but he was glad the fox was having fun.

During the waiting and watching from a seat near the action, Scarfo had just finished witnessing Tammy break a record and nearly the lane when he looked down at his shoes. He figured Harison was taking the piss but the results spoke for themselves. He wondered what else the game master could be possessing that might help improve his chances and possibly spur him on to some record breaking feat of his own.

"Fuck it. One more go."

Scarfo rounded up Butters and Cocoa who had been practicing their stammering pickpocket routine and advised them to bring another dufflebag and where they'd find the burried cash.

This was it, he could feel it. He was envisioning himself in his own private luxury carriage smoking a cigar when the troublemaker's returned and snapped him out of his daydream. They looked like they'd just dug themselves up but seemed happy enough as they handed over the money.

Scarfo slide over the fee to Harison including another bonus, hoping the extras he was adding would be paid out in a karmic scorecard for the ages.

Report Post Tip

Lance had been getting badgered by Tammy to enter some bowling competition even though there was very little time to spare what with all the deliveries required in Detroit.  Lance figured that you don’t become a winner by limiting yourself to the ordinary you have to stretch yourself into different arenas and so maybe this arena needed to be ten pin bowling.

Lance looked up the rules and couldn’t find any reason not to enter.  He also couldn’t find anything in the rules about whether certain pick me ups were allowed or not allowed but he was struggling to think of a reason how his validated method for domination would work in this arena.

One of his sponsors was still hanging around with a briefcase of prize money for his most recent Laps With Lance challenge so rather than dip into his own not insubstantial small bank balance he made sure that it would reflect well on the sponsor to be seen backing a sporting powerhouse like Lancelot Armwrong in his latest endeavour.

“Hand that case to Harison over there.  He’s my ticket into bowling domination.”

Report Post Tip

Smash had been out of town for a few days and was unable to get down to Harison's place, as he rocked up he noticed that people had been racking up some huge scores now which drove him to compete more.

Smash took his balls out once more and put on his shoes. 

"Here take my money Harison, let's do this"

Smash hands over the briefcase and with a nod prepares himself with an arm stretch and eyes up the pins. 

Report Post Tip

Saanvi had finished her fitness programme when she came across a riot in the street. Last week when she had been working out at this gym, nothing had happened and she had been able to walk down the street peacefully.
Carefully and with her hand on her gun she walked towards the crowd because she wanted to know what was going on there.

She heard people talking about a bowling competition. This was great. What nobody here knows is that Saanvi has been training for a long time in order to be able to participate in the men's competitions. They are of course very good, which is why a lot of training is needed.

Saanvi walks up to Harison with a firm pace and gives him a pat on the shoulder.

"Nice work Harison, count me in, LadyBowler has arrived".

Report Post Tip

Tony had just regained consciousness from partying hard after being given his brand new HQ. As he sipped his morning coffee, spiked with whiskey, he walked into a bowling alley which he hasn't done in forever! Walking in to his surprised was filled with great people of Philadelphia and other known associates and friends from other cities. He approached his old friend harison and slurred some drunken words.

Harison my friend, how you been, meee? greeaat! Listen I'm normally pretty bad at bowling and I always shoot crooked BUT I'm normally good at walking and right now I'm walking crooked. THEREFORE, I must be in a good state to shot my bowling balls straight, makes total sense! COUNT ME IN!!

Tony made his way to the bowling bar slightly to the left, 2 steps back, back towards the right and forward he went, waiting for the game to start.  

Report Post Tip

Word had been getting around that there was a new and fun bowling competition going on. Being as competitive as she is Ravina didn't even have to give it a second thought. She was in! 

A smirk came across her face, "they're all going down," she thought. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $490,000 Tip

Cough! Cough! Crown looks at his loyal body guard and nods. The guard, proceeds to grab a case from the back of the car and brings it forward to Mr. Harison. Thomas, looks over at Don Harison and tips his hat. 

Good day, sir. I am here, to enter into the sweepstakes. 

TC takes his hat off and continues. 

Usually, Cough! Cough! Im a man of many words. 

Cough

And the flu got me. So I will have to keep this short. I think this case will cover the entry fees.

Thomas Crown, puts his hat back on. And jumps in the car. 

I look forward to crushing this Flu, just like this competition.

Thomas says with a grin on his face. 

You have a good day now Mr Harison. See ya at the bowling lanes. 

Report Post Tip

When Johhny received word that there was a competition going on in bowling alley and there was a substantial prize pool he decided to come over and take a peak.  As he watched a few games with all these suits and their shiny polished balls going at it, Johhny figured that while his balls may not be as shiny as the rest of them they got some good weight to it and he knows how to shoot straight. He just needed to lay off the booze long enough to keep his balls out of the gutter and he might just stand a chance to win.  While Johhny was already fantasizing of taking home the big prize he signed his name on the participants list and handed over a briefcase containing the entry fee to Don Harison. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Harison's Big Money Super Bowling Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL