Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 19:12:13
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Joyner's Started by: JoynerLucas on Jan 24, '21 16:35

Joyner was getting his feet wet with being a business man. He had a place of business in Chicago but wanted to expand his operations. He travelled to Chicago's sister city, Detroit, to purchase and operate another place. As he exited city hall holding the business license to start his daily operations out of "Joyner's" of Detroit, he called up a friend to have a celebratory drink. He phoned _Issei_ and asked him to get his ass to Detroit.

Joyner walked into his new place and had the locks changed immediately. He looked around and the place needed cleaning up a bit but he wanted business so he put an open sign on the door. He was always multitasking so he could clean and organize while entertaining people and making money. Every day was a hustle for Joyner, so today was no different.

"Welcome To Joyner's of Detroit"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"We have to discuss your love of bars, seriously, do you have a problem?"

Once again, Issei snuck up beside him, Joyner really needed to work on how well he could see people. Might be something he could at the very least, work on, he didn't even know how to help his friend in that situation. 

Of course, he wasn't as he simply strode by him and sat on the counter, heaving himself up as he did so, knowing that he was going to be such a thing. A drink was going to be the first thing he needed, there wasn't any ifs ands or buts about it....

"So tell me, what made you want to do this? I mean, it's certainly not out of your skillset, but I mean, Woah, this is certainly not in the range I thought it would have been in..."

Looking around, he noticed a few locals getting their own seats and making sure they were comfortable. It was enough for him currently, he was fine what he had for right now, that is all he really saw. A place to relax, smirking back at JoynerLucas. He was certainly something, that is what he saw for right now...

"So with this, what is next for you brother?"

Report Post Tip

"Love of bars is a problem?"

Joyner said as he looked up and saw Issei standing there. He smiled and extended his hand to shake with his buddy. After they shook hands, Joyner continued stocking the bar with all of the popular beers and hard liquor. After all, he was open for business and needed to be stocked up.

"What do you mean by not in the range my brother? Will you lend a hand to get this place cleaned up! Then we can shoot the shit and drink"

Joyner tossed a clean towel Issei's way and chuckled.

Report Post Tip

"Unless you have some Oreo shakes? I mean it brother, there's never enough..."

He narrowed his eyes then, making sure JoynerLucas know, he always wanted a little bit more in terms of oreos, there was never enough and people never seemed to realize that there was a little bit more needed....

Looking at the towel, he raised his brow with a feigned look of surprise, tilting his head to the side with a small chuckle in his voice, almost daring Joyner to say "PRANK" and yet the guy just turned around, seemingly didn't even turn back around...

"Aye, aye! Joy! Turn your tall ass around! What the fuck is this?"

He frantically waved then towel in his hands, now wondering what the fuck was going on, he didn't want this in his hands and of course, he looked like a spoiled brat who wasn't getting his way....

"I mean....well first, why not hire some other assholes!? I'm a made guy for fucks sake, here I thought cleaning duties were over...fuck..."

Report Post Tip

"Duuuuuude"

Joyner points to the corner of the bar, where he had purchased Issei his own personal oreo machine.

"That's an oreo machine, it dispenses oreos. You can also make oreo flavored ice cream out of there. Just for you my brother."

Joyner smiled and continued to stock the shelves with the last of the liquor.

"There, everything is stocked. Finally."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Issei turned his head and fell to his knees, his eyes watering as he crawled over to the oreo dispenser and for a moment, it was all Issei noticed, he couldn't help it, barely even paying Joyner any mind as he stared at the creation of the holy oreo dispenser for him........

The holy grail, the one true oreo that grants its wishes to a divine servant, such as Issei, obviously. Not even bothering to notice the people who had started to come inside, he was barely even giving them a glance as his focus was taking by such a thing....

"Yeah....yeah....whatever you say...."

He was long since lost and he wondered how much that would have been, he was with the holy lord Oreo Dispenser and for a moment, he barely even noticed that people were now looking at him oddly before he spoke with such an awed tone that it had many people looking at him like he was crazy....

"This is...this amazing, the love of my life, okay maybe second love of my life....."

His tears remained as he pressed himself against the dispenser and barely even noticing that it was time to let go as he was sure people would wish to order, shaking his head, he turned to face JoynerLucas....

"Ths is amazing...."

Report Post Tip

"Just for you my man!"

Joyner pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and places it on his ear as he was getting ready to smoke it.

" Issei, do you smoke? I don't think so but figured I would ask"

Joyner smiled then wipes his the bead of sweat from his brow. He then started walking to the corner where you could smoke.

"You coming anyway man?"

Report Post Tip

"Hmm? Yes, yes, I'll be there right now..."

A sad smile settled on his lips as he walks over to Joyner, though his eyes never once leave the oreo dispenser, causing him to bump into a few people who simply smile in apology, not that he was even paying it any attention at all, he wanted some but later and so he turned his head back and gave Joyner a bowing smile. 

He sat down on a stool and dropped his fingers on the bar top. 

"Hmm, no I do not smoke and you should not either, those things are death sticks, next minute you know, you'll be dropping dead..."

He shook his head, not even bothering to give himself any more time to fret over the man that was his brother in all but blood. It was his choice what he wanted and if he decided that it was more of the smokes, than it concerned him not, though he would help where he could. 

"So what is there to do in a place like this brother, seriously?"

Giving him that small glance, he bowed his head, giving the bar a once over.

Report Post Tip

"Ha fucking ha.. Don't give me any speeches please! Fucking Issei"

Joyner grabs a dish rag and wipes the tops of the counters and then dries them with a dry dish rag.

"I will continue to smoke them. What is there to do? What do you mean? You want to help clean?"

Joyner said jokingly as he continued cleaning and picking up. He then grabbed some menus from the back office and placed them on the bar.

Report Post Tip

"Hey...I'm not! I worry, is that not acceptable, brother?"

He raised a brow and of course, there was that smirk and he knew that he was getting under his skin, it was easy to note and see. He grinned, not even knowing what to do then but he did give the man a bow of his head. 

"But fine, no speeches, cross my heart..."

He smirked then and knew that he was joking, he did turn in his head as he noticed some of the men were doing a bit of gambling in a corner of the bar, turning back to face Joyner he gave him a risen brow. 

"You allowed gambling? Didn't think that was your kind of thing? Oh, did you not know such a thing could happen?"

He smirked then, he leaned forward, not even believing that this was the best he could do but maybe Joyner had a scheme in mind....

"You have a plan in mind to deal with that or no?"

Report Post Tip

In passing Velvet had briefly run into Joyner's along her travel from various cities, she recalled him mentioning he was opening a bar in Detroit. Figured while she was in town visiting her Partner in crime she'd stop in and pay Joyner a visit as well to see how his business venture was travelling as he wasn't far from Eli.

Removing her hat as she pushed the door open, the bell's chimed announcing her entry.

"Hey there er.. what do you recommend for a good drop here? Also.. by chance to you have some mixed nuts to munch on?" she spoke slightly distracted by the establishment, observing the décor before she found a seat by the bar.

Report Post Tip

Joyner was cleaning up after the visit from _Issei_'s visit. As he was cleaning up, Velvet arrived and Joyner's face lit up!

"Hello Velvet, how are you? We have a variety of nuts and other snacks actually. Look over here for the choices"

Joyner points to a section of the bar that had samples of the different snacks.

Report Post Tip

Shayna had been bored and boarded a flight for Detroit. She thought she might see if there was any shopping to do, or maybe get her hair done. After all, she wasn't due to meet any clients any time soon. A smile had spread on her face as she noticed Joyner's. She hadn't seen him since Chicago. Maybe he would be in the area.

Slipping through the doors, she looked around. Seeing a few friendly faces, she made her way towards the bar.

"I need a drink. A strong one."

Smiling politely as she managed to sneak into a seat nearby.

Report Post Tip

After Joyner pointed out the snacks to Velvet, his attention turned to ShaynaAmherst. He watched as she walked in and towards the bar. Once she arrived, she sat down.

"Hello Shayna, How are you? We have everything under the sun. Do you want a whiskey?"

Joyner smiled and awaited her response.

Report Post Tip

"Of course! You have a fantastic memory."

She laughed and waited patiently for the drink while she continued to talk.

"I wasn't sure if you would be around. Looks like I got lucky. How has business been?"

Report Post Tip

"Business is always great wherever I Am." 

Joyner said before bursting out in laughter. He slides ShaynaAmherst the whiskey on the rocks.

"What brings you around town?"

Report Post Tip

Taking a sip of her drink, she looks around.

"This place is nice. I came around Detroit looking for something to do really. Maybe some shopping. Do you know of any good places to go to?"

She brushed a loose strand of hair off of her face.

"Is that Issei over there?"

Report Post Tip

Joyner was never a shopper in his younger days and today that wasn't going to change.

"I have no idea. I do not shop. Plain and simple"

Joyner laughed and finished cleaning up the bar then took a seat next to ShaynaAmherst.

Report Post Tip

"It does pass the time though. Do you think Lilith would give me an advance for some pretty things?"

Laughing at the absurdity of asking Lilith for money. Shayna shook her head.

"Other than business, how is everything?"

Report Post Tip

Joyner swirled around in his bar stool and looked at ShaynaAmherst.

"Business has been great and everything else has been alright. Just sitting here earning my keep in my city"

Joyner was always looking to extend his business to other cities but only had places in Chicago and Detroit for now.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Joyner's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL