Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 10:26:21
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Unpopular Opinions/Change my mind Started by: Father_OMalley on Feb 22, '21 17:02
Hi kids,
I was looking for something fun and new to do for Outside Post hustles, thought this could be good.
Feel free to rebuke or refute one of my unpopular opinions, or post one of your own.

Let’s start off simple...

I am of the opinion that U2 is one of the most overrated bands of all time. Musically, they’ve not done anything particularly groundbreaking, and lyrically, they’re a bit fluff.
Plus, Bono looks like a douchbag in those safety glasses he’s always wearing.

Change my mind!
Report Post Tips: 30 / Total: $600,000 Tip

Difficult to change your mind now, but when they really started getting popular they were different from most of the mainstream stuff at the time. They were superb live, I can't say with conviction they still are because I haven't seen them live since the very late 90s, but after they released the Joshua Tree, hearing that song starting as the first song in their set on that tour, it literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and sent a tingle down my spine, I can almost feel it now just thinking about it. In that moment in time they were everything they were made out to be and more.

Bono is a twat now though

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sorry, "that song" was Where The Streets Have No Name.

Adding one more thing, for our first dance at our wedding my wife and I chose "All I Want Is You", so I kind of feel a need to defend them on that basis alone :D

Report Post Tip

Loved Queen when they started and when Mercury got out and told he was gay me and my best friend who loved the band so much that it was near we hated the band but after  a couple of hours we decided to continued to have the Queen as the  best group ever we had watched many times live in Lund and Copenhagen

I totally agree on your initial opinion about U2, Father O'Malley. An old roommate of mine used to idolize them and I never really understood

I really liked u2 as a kid as my dad always made me listen to them. I still think some of the earlier material was great. However they went down hill fast in my opinion
They do have a few really good songs, but totally agree they are far too highly rated for what they actually are! I don't like the way bonos sons band were getting bummed up aswell, bang average!
Friends is the worst popular television show of all time. The Office comes in at a close second. You can try all you want, but you’re not going to change my mind.
Eggs, opinion is duly noted and appreciated. “Where the streets have no name” admittedly used to get me a little buzzed, but I think that was more because my beloved Vancouver Canucks used to come out on the ice to it at home games... but I haven’t been to a home game since I moved away from the city so the feeling has faded. Thank you for your post!

CactusJack, you’re right, that is a pretty unpopular opinion! Two of them in fact.
Personally, have to admit, those are two of my all time favourite sitcoms. Tho I will also admit to despising Davis Schwimmer And his character... but I think maybe that was the point!
Report Post Tip
Here’s another musical one...

Hotel California is the most overplayed song in the history of music, and The Eagles play it as though they haven’t a soul in their standing corpses.

Discuss!
Report Post Tip

MY unpopular opinion is MR related (YAY)

Jailbusting is the most fun thing in MR!!!

Who doesn't love the calm soothing rhytm of clicking and seeing the jail member list go down, and achievements keep popping up giving you money? I mean honestly, Units are da bomb! :D

Report Post Tip

U2, Bono AND the Eagles all blow. The eagles wouldn't have been popular at all if it weren't for cocaine. But there is a band called Evergreen Terrace that does a "metal" cover of Bloody Sunday by U2. The cover is pretty good. 

Report Post Tip

Most tv shows and movies are basically the same things, just with different actors/actresses. They use the same plots with tweaks here and there to make it look like a new things, but it's always the same. You can basically figure out the ending of a tv show or movie just by looking for the similarities in them all. It ruins the show especially the ones that I want to like/have liked in the past.

Report Post Tip
I think The Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka are both terrible movies. I don't even know why I can't stand them.

Also Nickelback sucks...but I don't think that one is an unpopular opinion.

I can't believe what I'm reading Belle- Willy Wonka is the perfect old school film packed with good morals and corny acting, also Gene Wilder is awesome. 

Smash, I can't even explain what I dislike about it. I like Gene Wilder too. It's like nails on a chalkboard. :/

Holy hell joe_campisi an evergreen terrace shout-out :0 I saw them in 2012 they're fairly alright. No Donne, These Men are Nihilist is a personal favorite.

Report Post Tip

Why would autocorrect think I meant Donne instead of Donnie?

Report Post Tip

New unpopular opinion ( Vegan's suck!)

How do you know someone is vegan? They will tell you within 60 seconds of meeting them!

If they despise meat so much, then why do all their meat alternatives look like meat?  Vegan bacon???? 

Report Post Tip

CactusJack - total agreement on both of those series.  I've never seen the attraction and both are way overhyped in my opinion.  That's not to say Ricky Gervais isn't a funny guy....he should be the "go to guy" for every US movie/tv awards ceremony until the day he dies!

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Unpopular Opinions/Change my mind
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL