Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 08:50:27
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
The Burger Pit Started by: Seraph on Feb 23, '21 13:31

Mister Jefferson calls up Sera and tells her about another business that was up for sale. When he saw the portfolio, her name came to mind. It originally started as a home-based business, but due to death in the family and a questionable economy, the owner was ready to sell.

It was a bar/restaurant. The main restaurant was on a side street with a covered and heated patio used for a bar. It could easily seat over 50 plus people.

Sera liked it but decided a burger joint would be more appropriate and perhaps coffee/ bakery too. Perfect combination

The restaurant and bar were well stocked, and the inventory and equipment came with it. So, getting it up and running shouldn’t be too hard.

It was a block or so away from her Heart and Soul Complex. It would be an excellent addition to her movie theater, The Picture Show, recently open.

The Burger Pit

Homemade Goodness

The Burger Pit Staff

Manager- Franklin Bridges

Cook- Willie 

Waitress- Vera

Waitress-Ollie

Cashier- Janis 

House Special

Hunger Buster-A turkey burger topped with applewood smoked bacon, white cheddar cheese, and our signature honey BBQ sauce topped with an onion ring. (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink) -1.25

Hot Dog Deal (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink)-0.20

Fire Starter-Angus beef, lettuce, onions, serrano peppers, jalapeno peppers, pepper jack cheese, chipotle mayo, fire sauce (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink)- 1,75

Burgers

Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles, Onions, Mustard, Ketchup or Mayo

Classic Hamburger -0.15

Cheeseburger-0.20

Double Classic Hamburger- 0.25

Double Cheeseburger-0.35

Burgers Deals

Classic Hamburger Deal (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink) - 0.30

Cheeseburger Deal (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink) - 0.35

Double Classic Hamburger Deal (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink) - 0.45

Double Cheeseburger Deal (Comes with Regular Fries and a Regular Drink) – 0.50

Sides and More

Hand-Cut Fries -0.10

Curly Fries-0.10

Onion Rings-0.10

Cup Homemade Beef Chili- 0.15

Bowl Homemade Beef Chili .35

Sandwiches

Grilled Cheese-0.10

BLT-0.15

Hot Dog-0.05

Roast beef Sandwich-0.15

Ham Sandwich-0.10

Turkey Sandwich-0.15

Drinks

Regular Fountain Drink (Assortment) -0.10

Large Fountain Drink (Assortment) -0.15

Water-Free

Ice Tea (Sweet or Unsweetened)- 0.10

Lemonade-0.10

Shakes (Homemade Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Oreo Cookie and Coffee) - 0.15

Desserts

Cookies (Assortment)-0.05 apiece

Chocolate Cake- 0.10 slice 

Cheesecake (Assortment)-0.15 a slice 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Meliodass finds a newly opened burger shop on her way home from the airport. She has been out of the country for a while and now that she is back, everything seems new and changed. Old shops are rarely seen.

"That's cool, " she thinks, "more new places to visit." She remembers being bored of the same old places.

Mel enters the shop and takes a look around. There aren't many customers. That's good too, faster service. 

She goes up to the counter and without looking at the menu, she ordered

"Get me the highest priced burger you have. And... A very big portion of fries. Oh, and a chocolate shake too." 

She leaves the counter to take a seat and waits for the food.

Report Post Tip

Dino, having been turned away from Seraph's peaceful retreats for being to fucking noisy decided to go for some lunch.  He nearly gave the burger pit a swerve but figured Seraph owed him one

'Vera, if that is your real name...........can you bring me you finest house burger, medium rare please'

Report Post Tip

Vera laughs it off and calls in the guy’s order.

She remembers what Sera told her during her interview.

She was correct and pretty wise for her age.

"That In this line of work, you couldn’t be a weakling. You dealt with all kinds of folks."

Willie rings the bell, catching her attention.  Vera takes a deep breath before taking the guy his order.

As she walked to the table, she remembers to flash a smile.

Afterward, she goes and checks on the lady diner.

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown had just finished out a long day of work. He was hungry and was in no mood to drive anywhere. As it just so happens, there was a burger place across the street from the warehouse he was at. The days work required some heavy lifting. Thomas always had cravings after a work day like that. So needless to say, he put on his hat and coat and ran across the street into this establishment. As he opened the doors, he could smell the aroma of the burgers to the front door. He knew this place was legit, just from the aromas. He saw the sign that was hanging on the back of the store over the counter. He saw all the people sitting and enjoying their meals. He had come to the right place. Without waiting much time. He quickly walked to the back and and started reading down the counter. 

Hey, guys. Hows it going? Whats good here? Whats the speciality? 

As he started making some small talk with the guys working behind the counter. Willie the chef, eventually started giving Thomas some options and his recommendations. They all sounded really good. Thomas, waited there and pondered what he wanted. And took into account what Willie was suggesting. Then he stops for a second and takes his hat off. 

Alright. I think I know what I want. 

Thomas got all excited as he started to give his order. 

Soooo, Ill have the Fire starter, you know since Im the arsonist kind. 

Thomas started laughing. 

And ill have some curly fries and a Iced tea to go with that. Also, I will take a box of those cookies you have up there. I am sure my guys would love some of that. 

As Thomas turned around and looked at his entourage. 

You guys want anything? 

The entourage started contemplating their orders. Thomas turned around and looked at Willie. 

You know what. You have my order. Get that going. And get my guys whatever they want. Just give me the bill after. 

Thomas smiled at Willie and took a seat as he awaited his burger. He was getting really pumped up about this burger he had just ordered. 

Report Post Tip
Hero was a little Hungry after arriving into Detroit, he didn't manage to get any food on the aeroplane so he decided to try out The Burger Pitt

Hero ordered the double cheeseburger with curly fries, he thought the food was out of this world. He had spoken to the waitress Vera and gave them a tip for being so kind and respectful, Hero wanted his burger well done and Vera made sure that the burger was cooked to a pristine standard. Hero thanked her and then left to continue his duties in Detroit
Report Post Tip

Peter had missed lunch, and it was almost dinner, so he was as ravenous as a dog.  But business needed to continue, jobs wouldn't complete on their own, things wouldn't get done without input.    Quickly nipping into The Burger Pit he checked out the menu.  The Hunger Buster sounded amazing, but if it came to a choice between turkey and Aberdeen Angus beef then it was always going to be the Fire Starter.

Having placed his order he sat down awaiting his food.

Report Post Tip
He could feel his stomach grumble while walking back to his motel room, so he decided to grab something to eat before calling it a night. He sees a burger shop nearby, and he never passes on burgers, so he makes his way for entrance. He heads inside and takes a seat nearby.

As he is handed a menu, he gets a cigarette out from his pocket and lights up. He greets Vera when she approaches him.

"I'll have the Classic Hamburger, please."
Report Post Tip

Dino desperately needed to increase his blood sugar, his hangover was killing him, a greasy burger was the only way to go

'give me a large heart attack burger please'

Report Post Tip

Fulfilling my promise to Elle_E_Ott, I finally made it out of New York and to Detroit. The trip was fine, uneventful as usual. I needed something to eat though, the thought of a delicious burger making my mouth water.

After placing the call and leaving a message for Elle, I settled down in an empty seat, scanning over the menu as I tried to make up my mind.

Report Post Tip

He was a bit way too hungry after being up long and doing much good work in Detroit so now he thought he was good for some good hamburger that he always loved much in life.

He got into The Burger Pit looks around a while and walk up to the counter to look at what they served in here. He saw that they had cheeseburgers and decided to have a double one along with a strawberry shake and also some fries to eat to the burger, his mouth starts to drawl when thinking of the good meal he soon will put his teeth in.

A girl named Vera comes up to him to take his order, he asks for her to get a double cheese and fries to it and a shake, she thankes and says he got to go up and pay for the meal when finished to Janis that took care of the cash at the counter

He gets what he wanted one order and he starts his meal session and just feels great when eating and drinking, this was life for sure.

After his tasty meal he gets up and pays for it, he got a bit poorer but it was worth it for sure.

Report Post Tip

Elle got the message and dropped everything she was doing. Renovations on the old Victorian she was using as an HQ had waited this long, they could certainly keep waiting.

"Hey, you." Elle gazed over at DickGrayson affectionately while taking a seat across from him. She'd have sat next to him, but the table's smaller size didn't allow for that. 

"I don't have a place for us yet. The master suite in the HQ is really shaping up nicely, the floors are refinished and the light fixtures are all in, but it's still being painted and there's no furniture yet. So it smells funny." Elle rubbed her nose, and when a waitress appeared, she ordered a BLT and some tea.

"So, two questions. Do you have any old haunts you'd like to fix up out here? And, are there any ideas brewing inside your head for some new ones?" She smiled and took his hand, it was really good to see him. He was so smart, so clever. Anything he came up with business-wise was going to be a boon to Detroit.

Report Post Tip

Jasmine rocked up into the business district of Detroit after running a heist with DannyChips and what a successful mission that was. She was beaming with happiness and of course it was hungry work. Having left Danny across town she found herself walking through the doors of The burger Pit. It didn't seem overly fancy and also not the dreads of a pit. It was perfect. Looking around for a menu she discovers what she was looking for and was somewhat was impressed by it. Lovely menu with great prices and so much choice. "Wow" she thought as she browses through deciding what her stomach fancied. 

"Aha!" She says out loud without realising. Looking around it seemed that no one took notice so she headed to the bar to make her order. 

Waving her hand slightly above her head she caught someone's attention. 

"Hi there, please can I make an order?" Jasmine skimmed the menu again to let her choices be known. "I will have the Cheeseburger deal with an iced tea and a portion of cookies." Hmmm where will one hungry lady sit to have this food she thought. Will she sit in or take it out. She glanced around seeing how busy it was getting and made her decision. 

"I will have it to go, thank you." Jasmine placed some money upon to the counter while she awaited her order. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was in Detroit on one of his business trips. He had meetings all morning and then some other appointments that needed him to roll up his sleeves a little. Thomas, never really liked those kind of appointments, however this is how work was. You gotta get a little ugly sometimes, it was a part of the job description. This kind of work made Thomas hungry though. So having left his last appointment, he washed his hands in a wash basin. Wiped his face with a towel. Fixed his tie, put on his suit jacket and walked out the warehouse. 

Clean up here. I don't need anyone to know what happened here.

Thomas hopped in his car and drove off, as his men finished up what Thomas had started at the warehouse. As Thomas was driving. He spotted a burger place he had previously visited. He liked the food there the last time he was there. So he figured, this was a good time for him to stop by and have something else on the menu. He really did enjoy the place last time. So Thomas parked his car in front of the store and fixed his hat and tie. And then walked into the shop. As he walked into the shop. He noticed some familiar faces he had not run into, for a while. As he walked in, he noticed Jasmine standing at the bar putting her order in. Thomas waited in line patiently until she was done. And then walked up next to her. 

Hey! Hows it going hun? How are you? 

He gave Jasmine a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

Its soo good to see you. How have you been? Been a while. I see you like this place too? 

Thomas smiled as he made a little conversation with Jasmine. 

So what did you order?

Jasmine showed her receipt to Thomas with, what she had ordered. 

Looks good. I may do that. 

As Thomas was conversing with Jasmine, the attendant came up to the counter to serve Thomas. "Sir, what can I get you?". Thomas looked over. 

Ill have what she's having. Just make my burger a double please. I am a bit hungry at the moment. 

Thomas smiled as he paid for his meal. "To go or to stay here sir?" Thomas looked over at Jasmine. 

Care to join me for lunch? Well just grab a quick bite and catchup, if you aren't pressed for time? 

Thomas looked back over the bar. 

Yea! Ill get it to stay. I think convert the lady's order to stay as well. Well be right over there. 

Thomas points at the table. 

Just bring our food over there please. 

Thomas walked over to the table with Jasmine and pulled out a chair for her to get seated. As a gentleman would. And then got seated as well. 

So where were we? What brings you to Detroit? 

Thomas started to converse with Jasmine. As they waited for lunch. 

Report Post Tip

“I’ve got my eye on a few places and some ideas rattling in my head.” I let out a soft sigh, “At this point, I’ve got to build up a little capital. It certainly wouldn’t hurt if we had a little place to call our own, Elle_E_Ott. Nothing fancy mind you. Just a quiet place we can sit and breath. Away from the distractions. I’ve got the book shop back in New York, it might not be a bad idea to find something on the other side of the spectrum.”

I smiled warmly at her, finding her hand with mine, interlocking our fingers, “What about you, Love? You have any ideas past the renovations?”

Report Post Tip

Elle's sandwich and tea arrived, but they went ignored as she chose to focus on the feel of Dick's hand in hers.

"What might be the opposite of a book shop? A radio station? Movie theater?" Elle smiled, those things sounded like a good time, and would certainly make for some interesting fronts.

"I don't think there's any business idea I wouldn't pursue with you. You've got such a good head on your shoulders, DickGrayson , the sky really is the limit with you." She took a sip of her tea and winced. 

"Wow, that's some sweet tea. Probably should have specified unsweet. I gave up all the sugary stuff when I moved out here, can you believe it? My sweet tooth just up and disappeared." ​​​​​​She shifted a little closer in her seat and lowered her voice. 

"I've got a bit of expendable cash. If you've got the ideas, I'll finance them. I like the idea of finding more reasons for you to be in Detroit." 

Report Post Tip

I smiled as Elle_E_Ott scooted closer to me, “To be honest Love, I’m not really sure. Every bar or restaurant or hotel already feels played out. We need something with spice, something with class. Something different.”

It was a tall order. The more things change, the more they stay the same. There were fresh ideas out there to be plucked, I just had to come up with them. No small task when I’m putting the pressure on myself.

I like the idea of spending a bit more time here. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t missing you. Things just aren’t the same when you aren’t around. Everything is far less enjoyable.”

Report Post Tip

"Played out. Yeah. Exactly that. It's just kinda hard to reinvent the wheel, but I'd just like a few places where people like us can conduct business, make or launder a buck, maybe just relax for a minute? I had a couple thoughts bouncing around in my skull, I keep trying to push them away because they seem sort of lame, but... well why don't I just show you what I'm talking about, Baby? C'mon." 

Elle pushed away her uneaten meal and abruptly got to her feet, pulling DickGrayson up from his seat, as well. Leading the way now, Elle still had him by the hand as they stepped out onto the avenue. It wasn't a long walk to 12th Street, and the day was sunny and clear, so Elle decided to forgo a cab and have them take a stroll instead. 

Report Post Tip

Aleks arrived to Detroit to conduct some important business with local underground group. After a successful meeting, Aleks felt a bit hungry and heard about a place where you could get the best ones in Detroit. Aleks immediately got a taxi and drove there. He paid for his ride and walked inside. It was very well decorated and smelled nicely. Aleks found himself an empty table and took a seat. Took off his coat and hat and placed them to the next chair beside him. A waitress Ollie approached his table and asked what a gentleman would like to order. Aleks ordered a double cheeseburger, fries and a coffee with creme and sugar. She wrote it all down and excused herself. While waiting for his order, Aleks pulled out a pack of cigarettes and lighted one up. It was a long time when he was in Detroit. He didnt like the weather much. Waitress came back and brought his delicious order. Aleks thanked her and gave her a little tip. She thanked him hack and excused herself again. Aleks started to eat and it very delicious. When he finished eating, he smoked few cigarettes and drank his coffee. Finally he stood up, paid for his order and walked outside.

Report Post Tip

One thing that Heston loves is burgers he had spent a long time perfecting burgers in his own kitchen but nothing beat someone else cooking you a burger 

Walking down the street Hestons nostrils were filled with the smell of seared meat noticing that it had been hours since his last meal Heston followed the scent and it ended up at a door that was wide open and looked very inviting 

Heston took a seat in the outside area under a heater not that it was really needed the evening was warm but the sun was starting to fade in the distance. Heston looked through the menu and decided on the fire starter meal with a side of onion rings and hoping there was root beer in the fountain drinks selection a large one of them.

Whilst waiting for the food Heston took a stack of papers out of his briefcase and started to work on plans for his own kitchen in Detroit hoping it would do well enough to spread into a franchise 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Burger Pit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL