Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 14:11:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Chess Started by: Herbert on Feb 28, '21 15:59

I've played on and off since i was small. My dad taught me by playing with less then a full complement until i could beat him with what he had, then adding pieces until we were a pretty even match with a full set.

Now i wish i played more, but time isn't always available.

Report Post Tip

I have seen a lot more people playing chess since the Queens gambit. Friends, that I knew didn't...were all of the sudden playing. 

Ive played it for some years now though. I don't consistently play. But would always be down for a game, if I have enough time. 

Where I come from. Chess, was taught early by our ancestors. 

Report Post Tip

If that MR chess tournament is actually happening, can I do the catering?

wonders how Outside this remark is

Report Post Tip

RunaKatte I totally agree with you on Chess960 and that's my preferred method of playing these days.  It definitely makes for a much more creative/improvised game because all of the memorization for the normal game is thrown out of the window.  I would actually be totally down with a tournament based around 960 as it is quite easy to set up on lichess.

Report Post Tip

JeanRalphio I'm way out of practice, but I'd be game.

Report Post Tip

Wow, a 960Chess tournament would be interesting!

If you guys are really thinking about doing some kind or MR tournament count me in! :D

If it'd be hard to follow a precise schedule, we could just list the matches that has to be played, and each player arranges a date and time with the opponent, how does it sound?

Report Post Tip

Let's go Herbert.. get something set up!

Don't fancy myself for winning but would be good fun. 

Perhaps like a best of 3/5 straight knockout or just round robin esque thing.. 

Report Post Tip
Just watched the the queens gambit. Very good, I love how seriously them ruskys take it. Love a good strategy game but these guys are amazing.
Report Post Tip

I played chess when I was younger but wasent very good at it so now a days I dont play anymore 

If I had somebody to play with it had been fun to take it up again 

Report Post Tip
Scheduling a tournament could be tricky, but it seems like it would be a worthwhile task if there’s enough interest. Maybe some individual games would be easier to start with?
Report Post Tip

What platform would they be played on?

Report Post Tip

Just checked some options on Steam, some are really highly reviewed (E.G. Tabletop Simulator) but they are all rather costly if it turns out there isn't enough interest.  

Report Post Tip

I haven't gotten in as much play and studying as I'd like to lately because I've been on different games. I feel like I am not improving much, my elo basically bounces around at the same point. I need to study my openings more. Gonna take a class on it on chess.com

Report Post Tip

Played a lot of chess as a kid when I was in the cub scouts.. yea cub scouts I said it lol.. won a few tournaments. I am no chess wizard but I don't think kids were the best players when I went lol cause I'm terrible now...

Report Post Tip

Surely we just use chess.com?

Quite easy to show the outcome of chess games.

Element of trust involved (i.e. trusting people not to use software to help them with moves).. but think everyone's a trusty individual :P 

Report Post Tip

If anyone wants to whoop my ass send me a message and I'll add ya a friend on chess :) 

Being learning Catalan open for white, still trying to find an opening I like for black. 

Report Post Tip

Chess is one of those games that really pulls you in and you find yourself obsessively watching chess videos on youtube.

Report Post Tip

herbert You are approaching chess in a way that I'd say is too systematically and resultoriented, too soon. Just focus on playing and find your playing style.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Eh you know now it goes. Play a bit and do what you can do. Chess is chess, it's a hard mistress. sheeesh, you know what I mean? Idk i shouldn't play chess when junk.

Report Post Tip

I'm actually rather surprised that you hadn't played chess before, David. Fairly sure Tyler and I were playing a bit back in high school so I find it odd that you hadn't dabbled in it a bit.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Chess
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL