Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 16:13:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 
Chess Started by: Herbert on Feb 28, '21 15:59
I have never watch Queens Gambit. I have however been playing chess for over 55 years.
It is a good game to work on strategy and to figure out how to force the other players move.
Report Post Tip

I am a bit of a chess aficionado and once lost seven games at once because I had no idea what I was doing, I like the horsey though.

Report Post Tip

I used to love to play chess but haven't played in awhile.  Used to play with my brother a lot and the first time I beat him was so exciting.  It's a game of skill and patience.  Don't know if I have the patience any more. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I wish I knew how to play chess 

I think it'd be fun and challenging, I never tried though, I've watched

Report Post Tip

I've been going on a tear lately and raised a good amount of ELO. I think things are finally clicking and my ELO is catching up to actual skill level. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I love chess, played it since I was in middle school. Was in the chess club and everything. I'm glad to see people are really getting into it because I think it's such a fun strategy game 

Report Post Tip

I need to get myself back into playing the game. There was a PC game back in the late 90s that taught stratagy as well as playing, and i wish i could recall the name. 

I also need to bother my dad into sitting down to play with me some.

Report Post Tip

Yes i used to play the game a lot .. not really great at it, but enjoy playing all the same. used to have a great set of carved pieces back in the day not actually sure what became of it - now i remember it

Report Post Tip
I love playing chess its relaxing and competitive. I will not say I am good by any means lol . But it keeps you thinking and you always learn as you play.
Report Post Tip
I don't play chess, not that I don't know how but don't have the time. Chess for intelegent people,should be taught at early ages.
Report Post Tip

I learned how to play chess when i was, a younger lad .As I got older got better. love chess over checkers anyday.  wish they had it on MR.

Report Post Tip

I would love to play chess but haven't got the patients to learn lol  such is life . maybe when I'm older I will sit down and learn

Report Post Tip

Old post, but in these days I'm getting back at playing chess, not very good at it though. And I follow, just out of curiosity, TCEC, a championship for chess software/engines.

Report Post Tip

Is there maybe a gangster chess night.

Been playing since primary school.

Sicilian

Report Post Tip

Yeah everyone pretty much plays at chess.com these days. They have all the best resources including game review, puzzles and lessons. It's pretty cool. 

Report Post Tip

Chess is amazing, but finding that sweet spot as a player between being decent but also bad at the same time so you can enjoy and learn is hard.

I always either meet some crazy GM that can figure out your whole game once you move the first piece "AH! E4 huh? Bulgarian somersault opening from famous Cicero vs Cesar game, well, unfortunately for you, the strategy from Iranian Shah from 125 BC, called the Iranian Cum sock is best way to defeat you in 7 moves" 

So, why are we playing? :(

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
A game of kings and queens. A rook and a knight. Gods love the battle. Take this land and stand proudly. For you can not have it. Oh gods. Where did that bishop come from. At last the king is dead.

Long live the king
Report Post Tip

there game called chess.com for anyone looking for a game of chess, you can play ppl all around the world hope you all like the game chess been playing for long time 

Report Post Tip
The truth is that I learned to play chess thanks to a boy who taught me the basic moves and after that I became a little more interested in understanding it better. I have to say that I was not just any kid, I had already been a champion of some competitions.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Chess
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL