Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 07:00:48
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Diablo 2 Resurrected - who else is hyped? Started by: Papua on Mar 05, '21 14:40

After watching many recent videos about some of the gameplay, the quality of life changes of a SHARED STASH!!!, the awesome graphics and the sounds just gave me chills.

The lessons learned of the warcraft 3 failure just put Blizzard in place to make this a masterpiece.

Who else is like massively hyped for this, let's see what you think of the known streaming players who gave their opinions. Looking forward to hear if any are planning to play, since like MR it finally will be possible to play worldwide!!!

Official trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W41NvIgeKX0

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Oh shit, I didn't know they were doing remaster! This is going to be super dope. The graphics look great and I like the fact it'll have cross progression between console and PC. I wonder if that means crossplay will be available too?

Report Post Tip

I have been Blizzard fan since Diablo 1, Warcraft 2 and all that.

But they went so under in last years, I would never trust them with remastered versions (such as what happened with WC3) and such.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Oh shit, I didn't know they were doing remaster! This is going to be super dope. The graphics look great and I like the fact it'll have cross progression between console and PC. I wonder if that means crossplay will be available too?

Actually King_Solomon i heard the answer about that, you will not be able to play games cross platform, the reason for that is for consoles the controls are different. E.g. the game was build on keyboard+mouse controls but for console they had to make some decisions how navigation, movements, spells etc. would work. For example teleporting, on PC you can click at any point in your screen and TP there, but on console that is not possible. So there they will just do a standard length TP in the direction you tell the console controller to move you. This would basically make pvp impossible to win for console users. But yeah cross progression is great, still you would need to buy the game for PC and for your console though.... (Sony and Nintendo wanna make money too :P)

I have been Blizzard fan since Diablo 1, Warcraft 2 and all that.

But they went so under in last years, I would never trust them with remastered versions (such as what happened with WC3) and such

Berzerk, yep that is what everyone was afraid for. But from all the people who have done alpha testing know that fear is unfounded. The reason for this is that D2 is basically unchanged, all the graphics, sound and general remastering is like a 3D engine on top of the odl game. E.g. you can toggle back to the 'real game' by just a menu option, with the old graphics and sounds. So the classic game is still there, you can also still play classic only, not just LOD full version. And unlike WC3, you can still buy the non-remastered version when this one is launched. 

Report Post Tip
Spent the majority of the eight years I had away from here in Azeroth. Stopped following blizzards stuff a few years ago, will certainly lookout for this.

Maybe get hooked up on there and have to craic!

I started D2 in its original early days. Played for many years and like many waited a long time for the 3rd to come. I never expect the same game as such but it was too much different and never got as 'hooked' on that as I did on D2. Baring in mind I was in my 20s then, mid-40s now. But alas, I heard of the remastered version a week or two ago and I am kinda excited about it. 

As always with Blizzard, we have a bit of a wait for it.. so will have to be on my best behaviour for Santa to bring it to me in December when it comes out. 

Considering they're making the 4th one too, rather a clever way to lure in the old community to try to get us into old habits! 

FYI: Letting folk know I shall be looking for the following runes - Jah/Ith/Ber and many other high-end ones :P Ta! 

Hahaha JenBarber, like us all

although early on i never get too upset with a 2 sox armor and a Tal and an Eth rune!! Stealth FTW!!!

But yeah Blizzard has stated release is to be expected in 2021, but no more detailed release data or whether there are different release dates for PC/Consoles.

Also from all the trailer and published materials, there has been no A5 stuff shown so far. So who knows how far they are really along.

We should defo keep in touch to see if we can get a nice group of 8 peepz to speed run!! Although who calls dibs on Pala and Sorc will be interesting :P

Report Post Tip

Both of that fun but love my Javazon more! Great for crowd control. Just got to switch to bow for 1 on 1 or be with a friend with high MF to do the final knock! 

Report Post Tip

Hehe, i never really enjoyed playing the amazon, somehow the only real good build always were too expensive for me!!!

I recently made a fury druid, with end tier equipment and very high strength it is by far the quickest clearing melee char.

OF course, always love a wind druid!!! :D

Report Post Tip

Oh! That's so exciting! I also didn't know they remastered it, it looks super neat. I guess I will have to get it when it gets released and dive back into it again while I eagerly await D4. Can someone remind me later? I worry about my ability to remember things anymore. When I went onto the website and had to verify my age, I thought for a split second they were asking me for today's date...

Really really hyped. That was the first online game I ever played. Hopefully it will be dupe and hack free this time though.

Report Post Tip

Really really hyped. That was the first online game I ever played. Hopefully it will be dupe and hack free this time though.

Actually PHil, coz it's on modern battlenet and not the old version on which D2 runs they are claiming to be 99% more effective against duping and botting. Hence they allow also shared stash. Just you cannot share stashes between single and multi or ladder to non-ladder 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Definitely hyped on this game coming out, I used to play Diablo 2 a lot back in the day when I was younger and I've played quite a bit of Diablo 3. 

It's all about Barbarians! What classes do you all prefer to main?

Report Post Tip

Oh man what char do i prefer, i would say i played all except for the assassin that one somehow does not interest me.

I usually have a MF sorc but every ladder season i would try a new more niche build. Most fun i had was make a singer barb, that is just weird to play but just super funny :D

Report Post Tip

Who else is wanting to take bets on how long before the first secret cow level spawns? LMAO

Only downside to revival games...everyone knows every last bit of them.  Thankfully computers now might handle the necromancers that would jump around and crash your games on purpose.

Report Post Tip

I never played the original Diablo 2 when it was out, although I did try once but by that point everyone had played it to death and I felt like I was too behind so never gave it a real try. I'll probably check out the remaster though and see if I can get on the hype train early this time.

Report Post Tip

I mean I'm super excited for this of course I'm going to end up with my usual Hdin but right off the bat I'm either going to make a barb or a cold sorc. Probably a cold sorc first though just so I'll have a rusher/mfer.

Report Post Tip
Ooo that's pretty cool if its not too pricey ill probably buy it. My parents didn't approve of buying d2 so i could only play by borrowing my cousins account
would be nice to finish the game one day.
Report Post Tip
Eh, not gonna lie... I think I'm more excited for season 23 of D3 than D2, but I'll definitely be buying it cause why the fuck not.
Report Post Tip
I played the game long ago but I'm not a huge retro-game fan so I really can't provide an adequate opinion. It's a fun game but I don't know if I would trade time to play Diablo instead of a more modern game.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Diablo 2 Resurrected - who else is hyped?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL