Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:58:51
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Mezzo Park Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Apr 12, '21 21:14
Helriek heard about Mezzo Park finishing up while he was out of town for a time but it was something that made him excited to visit when he got back. The day was beautiful blue sky's with a a cool breeze over the trees so Helriek decided to take his dog Siggy, a pretty chocolate lab and pit bull mix for a walk and to visit the park that honored a great man Jack Mezzo.

Helriek popped a squat on a bench near the ice cream stand that patrolled the park. For a time Helriek thought about his brief interactions with Jack and how it was always a pleasure but then stories from Helrieks kin flooded his mind.

Helrieks kin grew through the ranks under Mr.Mezzo when he was still in Philadelphia and operating the Cat's and Phoenix on the pier. He even heard the stories about how Jack Mezzo brought life to the streets with his sponsored event's and just charisma just in simple conversation.

Letting Siggy finish off the vanilla ice cream Helriek made a final lap around the pond just enjoying the beautiful day in peace while he keot thinking of his old friend.
Report Post Tip

Enzo was wondering the streets when he stumbled upon this park. With his hood up still he entered looking around noticing a lovely bench. As he approached he noticed it had the words FOR JACK. Pulling his hood down and making the sign of the cross. 

"Rest well brother, I miss you dearly." 

Report Post Tip
Wandering the Motor City, I landed upon this park. A thing of beauty and nature with a pond. I could even see ducks and geese walking around, and swimming like they had not a care in the world. There was a bench that I took a seat with...and then I saw it. Jack. Seemed to be a dedication of some sort, maybe of someone important, who knows. It was obvious this Jack was loved, and missed. I had wondered what had happened, but this life has a way of taking things, and people you love from you. I sat there a while longer taking in the beautiful scenery. It sure was a good spot for this park. I will have to remember this place, and have to come back again.
Report Post Tip

It had been quite some time since I was last in Detroit. Or even out of New York for that matter. Things had started to feel stale, done before. The days blended into nights and nights into days at this point. 

I found myself in Mezzo’s Park with no real recollection of how I got here. Most things had been like that lately. Going through the motions, blurs of hopping on a train or a plane or whatever other mode of transportation I needed at the time.

I shouldn’t have been surprised when I ended up here. This was Elle_E_Ott’s place. Her spent time, her building for a future while remembering the past. The way that only she could. It wasn’t much but it was a connection with her. Something tangible when I could still hear her on the wind when I closed my eyes.

Settling down on an empty bench, I leaned back stretching my arms out. The weather was nice, not terribly hot with a pleasant breeze. A far cry from the stuffy, heat radiating streets of New York.

Report Post Tip

Fernando decided to take a late night stroll to the park, it was quite silent but the sky was clear and he could gaze upon the stars. It was quite a lovely night actually. He didn't spot a single person on his stroll. He had no plans at the moment so he continued walking until he found himself a nice bench which he sat down on. As he sat there he looked up at the stars and thought about anything from what he wanted for breakfast to what tomorrows agenda would be. It was really refreshing but it was getting late so he got up and started walking towards the city to track down a hotel or somewhere with a bed, right now he was tired enough to settle for the back of a truck.

Report Post Tip

Summer was by far the best season in Olivia's mind, because it was super warm and always sunny. Unless it was raining. The little girl was currently sprinting away from a large man wearing a suit that had to be causing slight over heating, and screaming at the top of her lungs, "PAAAAAARK!" with her arms spread wide, hair flowing behind her in a mess of curls and tangles, with a large bear ambling after her at a slightly faster pace. 

Once she got to the middle of the park she started spinning and laughing, with her head tossed back and the sunshine playing on her face bringing out even more freckles. Eventually she grew dizzy and had to lay down in the soft grass, panting slightly. "Mister Bear, today is a beautiful day!" she said once her friend had arrived and plopped down next to her. He let out a soft growling grunt, possibly in agreement, possibly in misery given his thick fur and the heat of the day. 

Raising her arm in the air she pointed to the fluffy white clouds above them, "That one looks like you, Mister bear!" she said with excitement, before looking at all the clouds to see what other shapes she might be able to see. She started giggling, "Maybe we can find one that looks like Mister Dean." She said, looking around to see if anything looked like a butt. 

Report Post Tip

Walking through the park Eggs saw the man he'd come to meet sitting on the end of a bench, throwing crumbs out for the birds.

Eggs sat at the other end and unfolded his newspaper, opening it slowly he sat back, crossed his legs and let his eyes glide over the print, reading not a word. Nothing was spoken between the two men for several minutes.

Continuing to feed the birds and without looking up the older man said "You alone?"

"I think so" said Eggs, "I'd have seen those guys from yesterday a mile away, so if I was followed they got better guys on the job today".

"OK. Good, but let's keep this short and discrete, you good with that?"

"Yeah, I'm great with that. So, what's goin' on, where's BeeBee?"

"He got pinched yesterday morning. Word is one of our crew got picked up for somethin' stupid, sounded like they were just lookin' for an excuse, so they got him for..... I don't know, jaywalkin' or somethin'. Anyways, sounds like they got somethin' on him, or they say they do, somethin' to do with a guy who hasn't been seen for a few years turnin' up dead and they can pin it on him."

He reached in to his paper bag and threw some more crumbs out, looking around as he did so to ensure they were still alone.

"Sounds like these guys are playin' by a different set of rules. No-one knows who they are, but they seem to want to be seen. They're not lettin' him see a lawyer so I'm gettin' this from one of the cops we keep sweet, sounds like they're workin' him over real good. Anyways, he's started to spill his guts, they pinched BeeBee for somethin' to do with them machine parts you were meant to be talkin' to him about. Our guy knew BeeBee was meetin' you, he was supposed to go with him, so I guess he gave that to these Feds or whatever the hell they are"

This was supposed to be a good trip. BeeBee has been 'acquiring' machine parts and had customers in Europe for them, he knew Eggs had connections that could make sure no-one from the Customs Service interfered with them on their way out so they were meant to be discussing Eggs' end of the deal, it was supposed to be big money for little effort. But it was quickly turning in to a headache.

"So what was all that bullshit yesterday?" Eggs asked, "with the kid gettin' names wrong and the guys stickin' out like a turd in the punchbowl?"

"I don't know, they've not tried to blend in at all, but maybe they really didn't know where you were stayin' so they got the apprentice to try to find out?"

"So what now?"

"I don't know, but we need to let this work out, if I were you I wouldn't spend any more time in Detroit than you need to"

"Yeah, I was thinkin' that too. You know how to reach me?"

"Yeah, I'll call you".

With that the man stood and screwed up the now empty paper bag. Walking towards a trash can he dropped the bag in and walked away.

Eggs stayed for a while, enjoying the late morning sun on his face before standing and walking away in the opposite direction. Time to head home for a while.

Report Post Tip

After a belly full of breakfast, her flight due in an hour or so, needing to work off her bloated sloth like, recalling Velvet mentioned park her new little family had visited not long after Mezzo passing now with Godmother Elle whom she recalled rather well on her awkward encounters at the Burlesque lounge hurrying after Merah coaxing her off the stage.

It had felt like Jacqueline had been walking quite some time as she admired the city, her eyes falling on the most well taken care of slot of land, with the greenest grass, perfectly manicured, familiar faces strolling through park without a care in the world. Thinking back how the world can change on a dime, frightened her yet drove her to do better. Velvet offered a new job opportunity to set up shop of her own, destination uncertain. Whilst getting lost in her own train of thought she found herself sitting on a park bench, admiring the plaque and the deep purple paint running her fingers over the names "Jack Mezzo" a half met smile  formed as she recalled Runa fumbling slightly in her new surroundings unsure how to complete the job as a Burlesque waitress. Fond memories, cheerful memories that she would hold near.

Sitting in silence as the morning coolness disappeared admiring the foot traffic in the park.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The squirrel god meandered around Mezzo park, enjoying the trees, acorns and other of the things that made this mortal plain worth habiting.

He hoped onto @Velvets shoulder and shared a salty, nutty treat

'so, what's happening around these parts?'

Report Post Tip

After long day of work and being under stress of the work and business, Marco called his friend who is good with sports to go out with him and train him and help him with some relaxing exercises.

While sun is setting down, Marco and Leo met at Mezzo Park, they walked together for some time before they chose a place to start their training.

it was next to the water line between the trees, it was the best place to clear their minds, relax and do some exercises.

Leo started with some yoga to give their bodies its best condition, then they did some boxing to clear their negative energy and before they left they continued and ended with some yoga too.

Report Post Tip

It was a relaxing day the weather wasn't too warm so Fernando took a trip to the park, he walked down a path where he spotted some geese. He sat down and watched them from a distance to not spook them. Big old birds, not super big but he had been told by many they could be quite mean. He sits there watching them run around for a bit before getting up and walking down the path again, he wasn't in a rush and it was thankfully not too many people in the park right now.

A jogger bumps into him, and Fernando looks at the man with a angry expression on his face. "You are lucky this is a good day." The jogger looks frightened and starts to run. Fernando chuckles and thinks he must have scared him off, he didn't like joggers very much so scaring one off was a sign that this was going to be a good day.

Report Post Tip

Assessing herself in the reflection of the pond her attire, tattered torn, stained, her eyes weary, her face partially bruised, nervously she glanced around ensuring she wasn't noticed, sighing heavily defeated, kneeling beside the pond, she muttered to herself as she fidgeted with her engagement ring sparking in the light of the sun.

" I hope Jacqueline is ok... I hope she got the message, knowing her likely not.." she chuckled, gingery she stood up, her muscles hurting, her ribs bruised from the gun shot hurtled into her bullet vest at close range, she had no idea how, but she was still here, still breathing. Limping towards the entereance of the park, watching civilian's playing, kids kicking ball with their parents, the laughter intoxicating. Running her fingers down across her stomach lovingly 'We are going home little one... soon, let's go grab some food huh?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

YAP YAP!  The sound of overjoyed vulpine laughter rang out through the quiet afternoon air.  This sound was mildly strange in such a people filled environment, and yet somehow foxes didn't seem totally out of place either.  Anyone who'd been hanging around long knew of the fox twins and their mother before them.  Some even knew the stories surrounding these fairly abnormal animals and how they decided to come live side by side with humans in the criminal underworld.  Strange yet beautiful as it was, these two seemed to further that narrative.

What was even stranger still was the fact that these two were out on their own.  Since birth they had been with only two humans.  One for only a short stint and the latest a little longer.  They were growing more and more by the day.  They still barely counted as kits but still kits they were.  And these kits had found a beautiful playground of which they recognized quite intimately.  It was one of their first playgrounds after all so it was only natural that they took off in a foolhardy manner yapping wildly and just enjoying life and each other.  

One of them, beautiful and sleek...  Gentle and loving just like her mother, was a little more cautious than the other.  She picked her way through the long luscious grass in a more tender manner than her even more vibrant twin.  Bouncing with all the joy within him and yipping for his sister to join him.  Well...  A kit is still just a kit no?  The Lovely little one finally gave in to her brother's pleas and bounced with a little more glee.  She picked up more and more momentum, finally throwing caution mostly to the winds.  At least...  That was until her delicate muzzle came right into contact with someone's calf.  Running full force into a poor unsuspecting woman who was simply trying to leave the park.  Giving a yip in surprise, she bounced back a few feet looking up with complete concern.  Her brother bounced right on over with a curious yip wondering just who this new playmate might be.

Report Post Tip

Lost in her own little world and train of thought as she  cooed over the little one within, oblivious to her surroundings momentarily till she felt a furry thud to the back of her calf, wincing as she engaged her sore muscles in futile attempts of  over balancing, turning around her frow grimaced ready to snap someone a swift brass knuckled slap in her now aggravated state, she was tired, so fucking tired of hiding, laying low, she wasn’t good at this shit, hell she knew it, times like this in this world it wasn’t a request to stay low it was a requirement.

Should she manage to cross the country state by state without getting noticed, the word on the streets were still hot, her name was mentioned on nearly every street corner. Not often you hear of two Godmother’s coming to blows. She needed to get home, knowing her fiancé would be in a state. After glancing around with not a person within arm reach around her, a soft yip caught her off guard, a fox? In Detroit? How unusual she thought to herself, normally these lil things steer clear of humans, her brow quirked till another little vulpine figure came bound through the luscious grass towards her and the other little fox before her, Two? Two little foxes, boy she was more tired than she though.

Squatting down, hissing through gritted teeth, slowly her breathing down to control the pain that was flooding through her bones, she extended her hand out to the smaller fox that bumped into her, looking a little concerned.

Hey Hey lil one, are you ok? You’re a long ways from home out ‘ere in the open” watching the smaller foxes reaction, she smiled warmly.

“You are a beautiful lil thing ain’t ya.. and your buddy over there…” clicking her tongue to attract the larger of the two foxes to come closer

"I might just have a treat here for you... Do you like jerky? a fox I met early in my ventures was quite the addict for jerky..."  she continued to speak unsure if the pair understood, retrieving a small satchel of the last two pieces of beef jerky from her pocket. 

"She was a special lil thing, you lil one remind me of her..."

Report Post Tip

Trevor loved a good walk in the park and where better to do it than Mezzo park the place was beautiful luscious green trees beautifully green grass and the wildlife here was also amazing as he walked through the park he heard the birds chirp and as he looked down to his left he saw the pond that was there where the ducks swam and all of the dragonflies flew around the lilipads it was beautiful. He walked around the to edge of the park where he spotted a tree that he could sit under and enjoy the peace and tranquility and well that was rare in detroit he layed his jacket on the floor and then sat on top of it and opened up a book that he had been reading. "Ah now this is the life, this must be how it feels to go into retirement."

Report Post Tip

It was only a small park but my was it beautiful and well maintained. A jewel in fact that he had not been aware of its existence. He followed a winding path past the manicured grass and flowerbeds that were bursting with what seemed like all the colors of the rainbow. His stomach let out a large growl to bring him back to reality and he noticed a small pond ahead with some ducks and an array of benches.

Once seated he removed the cover off his coffee and took a sip. He then carefully placed it on the arm of the bench whilst he delicately unwrapped his grilled cheese sandwich. The smell was divine as he lifted one half of the cut sandwich to his mouth before taking a large bite out of it. Damn it was good and he momentarily closed his eyes as if this intensified the flavor more so.

Vinnie soon found out why the benches nearest to the picturesque pond were empty as the locals had also picked up the aroma of his sandwich. Within 30 seconds he was suddenly surrounded by at least half a dozen quacking ducks, beseeching him to share his sandwich with them. He quickly shoved the remainder of the first half into his mouth and chewed and swallowed as fast as he could. 

Then he made a schoolboy error of breaking off a few pieces of the remaining part hoping this would make them happy and they would then leave him alone to enjoy his food and his coffee. He threw the pieces away from where he was seated and then quickly took another bite. But all this did was raise the alarm as out of nowhere more ducks appeared and now some angry looking geese who were honking and spreading their wings aggressively.

"SHIT!" he cursed out loud as he jumped up dropping the remainder of his sandwich off his knees onto the floor which caused both ducks and geese to rush in his direction for whatever scraps they could get which alarmed Vinnie even more and he imagined it must be what an antelope feels like when being set upon by an hungry pack of hyenas.

He quickly grabbed his coffee and marched away from the bench, ever conscious of people watching and no doubt laughing at what had just transpired. Eventually his assailants stopped following him when they realized there was no more food although this didn't stop him checking over his shoulder every few yards as he made his way hastily to the park exit.

Report Post Tip

Leonard's cab pulled up to the address that was passed along to him in New York about a potential buyer who wanted to purchase the stolen cigarettes he had come into possession with. The setting was quite nice, a little family park.. it was perfect for a small business meeting and much to his surprise it was not very busy minus a kid and their parents. Leo pushed the cab door open after handing the driver a crisp ten dollar bill and stepping out ontto the pavement and casually brushed his suit off.

A small bench and table was in a somewhat secluded area of the park and that was where Leo waited for the buyer to come along. He didn't have to wait long of course as the ma. Was already there and keeping watch,  he approached and sat down across from Leo and gave a faint nod without speaking.

"You must be Mr. Taniguchi.. your much smaller in person then you sounded on the phone.."

Leo chuckled but the man did not find it much amusing and instead used what little English he knew to ask where the product was.

"I've got a sample here, the rest is back in New York awaiting your request.."

Leo pulled a fresh crisp pack of Lucky Strike reds from his pocket and pushed them across the table to the Asian man who quickly picked it up and opened the pack, inspection for quality and freshness.. he stuck one in his mouth and Leo leaned in to light it for the man. The long drag and exhale from the man, with a smile on his face, assured Leo he had a new customer here in Detroit.

Report Post Tip

How many years had it been since his last simple hike in a park? Two? Three? Ten? It was hard to keep count when most of your time was spent in lofty high-rises and newly erected skyscrapers. That's why when he was allowed to finally get back to nature for a while to deal with a simple tailing that he could not say no.

Taking a seat on one of the benches in the area, he waited for the man to enter through the main entrance just to his right, his eyes always keeping just enough attention to it while the rest of him took in the trees and shrubbery that were scattered inside the place. Even for a brief moment, he stood in the grass without any shoes just to feel it rustle beneath him due to the rather harsh winds that were knocking around this morning. 

"Oh, I think that's him."

Breaking himself out of his trance-like state, the Freak walked towards a guy wearing a rather nice suit who was taking a brisk pace through the Parks trail. He didn't get too close as that would give off a vibe that something was wrong, but just enough that he could keep up with the almost run-like walk that the man was doing; which is when he realized that something was not quite right. Maybe it was something he had eaten the night prior, but this was getting far worse than he could imagine, his stomach was screaming with every step, and eventually, it would give his position away if something wasn't done about it.

"Fuck."

Breaking from the trail and letting the guy go free, he snapped his fingers in defeat and slowly trotted towards a business in hopes that he could use their restrooms. Next time he would tail someone, he would not order the extra cheese on his pizza the night before-- but for now, the lesson had been learned and nothing else could be done.

Report Post Tip

Traveling through Detroit, Lissa came across Mezzo Park. As she gazed at the landscape, she couldn't help but to smile. It seemed like such a peaceful slice of heaven in the city that before she knew what she was doing, she was already coming up to the pond. Immediately finding a small patch next to the pond, she sat down. Folding her legs under her, as she brushed tendrils from her face back.

"Perfect. Absolutely perfect."

Always a wild child, she connected with nature the most. It was the most satisfying place to be, next to water. Her eyes gazed into the depths, seeing her reflection, she brushed her fingertips through the water. Lightly caressing the tips over the top. Lifting her head to watch the ducks around her. She sat this way for hours.

When the sun was growing dark, she decided to remain. Today would be the day she rested with just her thoughts.

Report Post Tip

After dropping by her gift for McCreary in the Mutiny HQ and stealing a loaf of bread from their kitchen (it was hard times in the Say Uncle HQ after her crew leader lost all their hard-earned money at the dice tables), Mayari was walking home when she looked up and marveled at how lovely the sky looked. It was barely 4 PM and the sun was still up, but not high up enough that it was too hot; in fact, the cool summer breeze was absolutely perfect for an afternoon stroll. After a few seconds of consideration, Mayari did a 180 degree turn and instead headed for the nearby Mezzo park, named after a man who she's heard many wonderful things about but unfortunately did not get the privilege of meeting.

The park was bustling with life -- children's laughter filled the air and she could see quite a number of couples sitting on picnic blankets, watching the world go by. She was about to sit down on a park bench when she heard a small peep behind her, so barely audible that she almost thought she was imagining things. Mayari turned around and looked down to see a tiny duckling, all alone, terror evident in its eyes. "Where's the rest of your crew, little guy? How did you get all the way out here?" The pond wasn't too far but still, she decided to pick him up and bring him over there just to ensure that no one steps on the poor little creature and that he finds his way back home.

As she approached the pond, she could hear more quacks and chips as the duckling started flapping its tiny wings in what she can only assume was excitement to be back with his family. "Here ya go, little buddy." Mayari lightly patted the duckling's tiny noggin with her finger before setting him down and watching him run towards the water and to his family. She remembered she had a loaf of bread in her bag and tore it up into little tiny pieces before sprinkling some for the group. As she watched them happily munch on the food she brought, Mayari suddenly remembered reading somewhere that bread was bad for birds and it didn't hold any nutritional value, rather hurting them and fattening them up than nourishing them.

Quickly, she dashed into the pond and tried fishing some of the bread out, even taking a significantly big piece out of the momma duck's beak, which caused the duck to chase her and nip at her ankles. Shrieking, she ran out of the pond dripping wet, hands filled with soggy bread. Mayari looked up and it seemed the whole park stopped to glare at her -- the kids' laughter paused, the couples were whispering to one another while giving Mayari the sideeye, and everyone looked at her like she was crazy.

Laughing nervously, she tried to smooth down her dress and scratched her head. "U-uh.. the bread.... it's uh, bad for birds and ducks... don't feed bread to the ducks, kids." Silence answered her and Mayari sighed, wrapped up the remaining slices of bread that she had, and started the long journey back home in her water-logged shoes.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Mezzo Park
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL