Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 07:59:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
Mezzo Park Started by: Elle_E_Ott on Apr 12, '21 21:14

Changing the bandage that covered his gunshot wound caused Jesse to wince in pain.  The words of his medically trained bodyguard, Doc, echoed in his head in response.  "You're not healed enough for travel, let alone for this business you have planned.... "Jesse grunted, as he looked at himself in the mirror of his office at the Chopper Club. "Maybe Doc's right... and it would be good to see Freyja again.  Just in case..." He ended mid thought, while finishing up the last of the buttons on his shirt. 

It didn't take the new Godfather long to make it to Mezzo Park.  He'd been wanting to visit the place for a long while now, but he never got the chance.  One thing always lead to another and plans never seemed to go as intended.  Now that Freyja had messaged him about meeting up here, there was no better time or reason to enjoy the park.  He arrived well before their planned meeting time, and he took a contemplative stroll along the paths, looking out over the ponds or watching some kids play with their canine best friends.  Something that made him wonder how much his Vulpine best friends would enjoy the area. 

After a full lap around the park, Jesse sat himself down on a bench that overlooked some water. It was peaceful and serene, the perfect way for him to relax.  It was good to calm him before seeing Freyja, and before the business he had afterwards. He didn't have any idea what to expect from either encounter, just that he at least looked forward to seeing the Chicago Godmother. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Pulling her trench coat tight her vivid red hair fluttered in the wind, her boots clanked on the path way inhaling deeply on her cigarette, to say she was nervous was an understatement, shit seemed to go side ways upon every intention to meet with the Godfather of Pasadena, the last time she visited Mezzo mark was the girl she held hostage while CLO gunned down her father, or attempted to, what was the girls name? Trinity...? she thought to herself rubbing her chin with a small smirk playing on her lips as she thought back on the young foxes fumbling in the long grass.

Trace like she walked through the park taking in the fresh air, the sound of children giggling as the played ball, one of her hands tucked into the pocket fumbling with the box her HQ barmen handed her... her stomach dropping slightly as she pulled her eyes up from the path below her towards the body of water where the bench sat, dawning on her it was Jesse. Unable to restrain herself she started picking up the pace from a slow walk to a power walk, before long she broke into a jog towards the bench a smile broke the closer she got.

Slowing her pace unsure if he had heard her galloping footsteps from afar as he seemed to be embracing his surroundings, Resting her hands on his shoulders giving him a light squeeze whispering in his ear "Godfather Goldbrick thank you for meeting me here" her tone warm and cooing

Report Post Tip

Jesse stood from his seated position as he noticed Freyja approaching him. A soft smile spread across his lips, and he took a single step meeting her.  He took her hand into his and softly kissed the tops of her fingers before her hands found their way to his shoulders.  Out of something that was similar to instinct, he found his hand gently clasped around her waist. 

"Godmother Freyja ..." The air escaped his lungs as he spoke her name.   The things he planned to say, the things he thought he'd say left him the moment he saw her and her voice hit her ears, it all went out the window.  "Of course.  I couldn't deny such a beautiful woman, let alone a fellow district lead." 

He was sure he knew why he was asked to meet her, and he wasn't expecting to like it.  He knew standing around wasn't going to get around it, so he just kept talking.

"Frey. I... I think I know why you're here.  And I just want to say, you can keep the ring, give it as a bonus to someone or something.  It is just a ring, it reminded me of you.  I swear I didn't know Frey.  I never would have done it had I known.  It's part of the code of honor we both follow in this life,  I mean I get it, if I were you I'd have wanted a more private ceremony too." He spoke fast, his thoughts disjointed and interrupted by other thoughts.  His heart beat as fast as he spoke, his eyes looked away as he finished speaking.  The tone of his voice held to the last remaining hints of hope that his assumptions were wrong. 

Report Post Tip

Shaking her head slightly with a smirk on her face "Breathe Jesse, Breathe"  humor evident in her voice as well as in her eyes. "The only person that has remotely captivated my interest is right in front of me, the other two, well, they were used to throw off the media after I disemboweled a few questionable resources...Lincoln is a dear friend of mine whom covers up some questionable history, gotta say the man is good at his job.." Eyeing Jesse from head to toe as she steps closer.

"So the ring huh..? Am I too bold to Assume?" reaching into her pocket removing the box, holding it in her palm her thumb rubbing on the side lovingly, her eyebrows quirked.

"I Feel we may need a few beverages to loosen up hmm... what are your thoughts?"  with her free hand she fished out the flask which was embedded into her coat, retrieving it offering it to Goldbrick

Report Post Tip

Jesse quickly grabbed the flask that was offered to him and drank too large gulps from it before handing it back to Freyja . His mind rolled a thousand miles a minute, rolling around trying to make sense of hearing what he wanted to hear mixed with the implications of what her other marriages meant to him.  Yet his mind forwent those previous thoughts and focused on her questioning what the ring meant.

"Was there not a letter with the ring?  The letter said it all, or so I thought.  I mean I waited at the Blackstone for two weeks... I didn't expect you to show up, not with Mr. Lincoln speaking of you as his new wife."  It was then the implications struck him again, what he'd done in view of the code he swore to follow. "I shouldn't have though.  I shouldn't have waited, in fact, I never should have dropped the ring off, to begin with. 'Don't look at the wives of friends.' One of the very commandments we follow.  It may have been more acceptable when were just pups in this thing of ours... but we're both leaders, we're the ones setting the standards by which those now pups are looking to."

His crystalline blue eyes softened as he looked at Freyja, his breathing slowed.  His heart ached, but his eyes and face showed nothing but love for the woman in front of him.  Something his actions always clearly showed, but he could never even admit to himself let alone verbalize. to the person, he actually felt the love for.  His hand went to her cheek, and his fingers gently caressed her skin as his eyes studied her face in that briefest of pauses that felt a moment or two longer than what it was.  

"You're important to me Frey. I... I...lllreally care for you. You have to know we can't go on like this... me being the other guy, even if I am the one you say you have eyes for.  Yet, I can't force you to choose between a way you choose to protect yourself and your family and me... Then at the same time, I can't make that decision for you either. And I don't know where that leaves...this." 

His hand moved from her cheek down to her hand that held the small box with a ring inside it. 

"I'd take you to the courthouse right this very minute, and make you a Bakker if that's what you wanted.  But I'd kill any man who later would claim you to be his wife.  I'd kill the man who attempted to lay hands on you. Hell, I'd kill the man who even spoke intentions of doing so... I, I need another drink."

The man kept a flask of his favorite bourbon on him, figuring he'd need it.  It brought a light chuckle, knowing they both thought alike in that regard.  He then offered his own flask to her, the boyish grin on his face in showing her their similar though processes. 

Report Post Tip

Apollyon and Joey ended up infront of the Mezzo Park. They weren't sure if they had been here before, as most parks seem the same to them, besides the part where there are kids running along and shouting. But Apollyon had a flash back that he was here roughly a month ago when he first came to the states and was new in the area. He was barely around for a few mins before he departed from here. 

Joey liked the place and how the ambience was. Waterfountains, people around, a lot of benches...it was a nice environment to conduct any kind of business besides the one that makes the most noise (Guns). Even for that, Lorenzo had a silencer with him for times such as these. 

Joey saw someone walking familiar and asked "Is that Terrah over there Apollyon?"

Apollyon looked and saw it was Terrah indeed. He gave her a quick shout and she turned around and recognised them. She started walking over to the spot....

Report Post Tip

The day was pleasant enough so Terrah had decided to take some time for herself. She pulled her boots on and slipped her gun into its holster before concealing it with a nice light weight black jacket.  As she stepped out of her house and locked the door she decided to check outa local park.  The sun was bright and the day had pleasant weather as she strolled through the park listening to the banter of the people drift on the wind mingling with the laughter and shouts of children. Then she heard her name turning she recognized Apollyon. There goes my day of no business she thought as she walked towards her bosses left hand man.

Hello Apollyon" Her smile was bright and her voice welcoming. " Nice day to be in park." 

Report Post Tip

Terrah walked over waving her hand...She was wearing a stunning black jacket to go with the outfit. As she walked over Joey got up and moved backwards to make room for Terrah. 

"What a pleasant surprise Terrah, seeing you here. How have you been? Hows business going now a days?

I have to be honest, we don't see many people around in the park...its not like we are children, but coming out here just gives me a peace of mind and time to think, while away from all the noise and violence we have going on in the streets"

"And if you are not in a rush to anywhere, please do have a seat and make yourself comfortable". Lorenzo just tapped the bench with the newspaper in his hand to make sure it was clean and dust free. 

Report Post Tip

"I have been doing well, thank you. How about yourself?" She looked around the park as Apollyon spoke of the peace the scenery at the park gave a person. She smiled at Joey as he moved and gave a nod of appreciation to Lorenzo as he swiped the seat clean for her. 

"No rush, not today. Just taking it by the moment and enjoying the sunny day." She sat in the offered seat  her attention being drawn to a sudden squeal. Looking up as she finished sitting to see a group of children playing tag just yards away from the bench they sat on.  

"So how has the day been treating you?" She smiled as her gaze turned toward her bosses left hand man. " I hope it has been a good one. 

Report Post Tip

Vladimir and his forefathers had never seen Mezzo Park before. The trees were a bit older than most and the grass was most definitely greener than he's used to on the West Coast. Except for Los Angeles where the weather is always a comfortable seventy degrees. He admired the park and took in all the fresh ambiance. It was truly unrivaled. More importantly, he took in the time to remember the late Jack Mezzo. Jack was a leader in the community in almost every aspect of life. He was truly a treasure to have around and the dedicated park in his name was truly a remarkable place to remember his name.

"This is quite lovely."

As a gelato push cart came into his view, Vlad jumped up to grab some. He was a sucker for gelato.

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo and Terrah have a good chat and spend some time there. Meanwhile Joey gets a call and comes around next to Lorenzo's ear and gives him some details. 

"Right....Well Terrah, it was a pleasure catching up with you. Hope to see you around and let me know if I can give you a hand anywhere in the business or any OCs etc you might be doing. Joey will give you my number, only because I don't remember it lol"

Lorenzo gets up and takes Terrah's leave and walks with Joey towards the exit of the park

Report Post Tip

Terrah shook Apollyon's hand as he took his leave. Joey handed her a piece of paper with the number. She pocketed it thinking she most likely would not use it. She was more accustomed to being called for help rather than calling for help. 

"Was nice talking with you." She waved at the trio as they left for whatever business had come up.  Then sat back on the bench and finished just enjoying the day.

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo and Joey ended up back at the Park. Lorenzo sat down at the bench and looked for something to drink and Joey wandered off to get a cool drink. 

Lorenzo was enjoying the park weather, as the temperature was somewhat different when in the park compared to being outside the park. The trees noise, the wind blowing the leaves around, how one thing ends up in one part of the city and then goes to a whole different side of the city.

Meanwhile Joey returned with a nice coconut cold drink that he picked up from a nearby moving drink cart. Apollyon had a sip and was immediately impressed by the taste and how it was.

"Damn, I gotta say, it has to be from the coconuts mouth direct, because it can't be a drink made from the factory ya know"

Report Post Tip

"Heh. Cool bench." Samantha pulled off her ball cap and tossed it on the seat beside her as she sat down. It was warm out here, no denying that, but the trees above helped keep the temperature at a tolerable level. Slouching, Sam crossed her feet at the ankles and watched a couple of ducks float past. This was a really nice spot, she thought. She should have brought a sandwich with her. Just then, a stinging sensation blossomed out from the back of her neck.

"Ow!" Sam slapped at herself, then yelled again when more stinging erupted. She stood up, flailing. Red ants marched a course across the back of the bench, drawn to the remnants of some long-ago melted ice cream. 

"Ow! F- OWW!!" Sam slapped herself silly as she clumsily jogged away, too deep in her personal crisis to realize she'd left her hat behind.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Mezzo Park
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL