Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:16:16
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Los Angeles Needs Some Standards Started by: Mxyz on May 05, '21 18:45
I truly wonder where some people's standards have gone. Frankly, I won't sit around like a fly on the wall and watch something happen, that disturbs me, and just brush it under the rug.

Los Angeles is what it is and the memos about the city have reached my ear as well. It sparked my interest at first, but I dismissed it as it isn't my kind of scene and I'm loyal to my Godfather, as well as the city of New York.

That said, and knowing that LA is a competitive city, what kind of standard is really being held there?

A bullshit one from what I can tell already. Let's call a spade a spade.

I'm calling for someone in that city to step up and be a LEADER of the city. Grab it by the balls if you have to, because what I'm witnessing now will not fly.

I'm a nobody. I have no pull. No sway.

But I do have my voice, and I'm going to use it. And I'm using it to petition for LA to get their shit together and hold a quality standard, or I ask the Godfathers to remove the no interference clause in their agreement with LA.

I'd lean towards the second option, because after LostMyMind shot someone, he was then punished. But his son, BrandonHeat, was pushed right back into a role of responsibility and power once again. Could've LostMyMind hurt someone on accident? Sure, but it's unacceptable to allow his next to kin to assume that same responsibility, and it needs to be talked about, as well put on blast.

And if this is the type of leadership we're supposed to expect from LA, do we need that kind of leadership in this world?

If LA isn't going to assume responsibility, then there shouldn't be a protection on them from the rest of the world. That's a standard that needs to be looked at and recognized. If LA makes garbage decisions, they should still be able to be held accountable for those shitty decisions.

The fact a RHM shot someone, then his son comes back as a RHM again - is bullshit. It's appalling. A slap in the face.

Consider my name first on the petition that the Godfathers lift the no interference clause with LA. Because it's apparent that's the course of action that's needed.

Let's talk about it. Sign my petition if you like.
Report Post Tips: 27 / Total: $780,000 Tip

Interesting you brought these points here regarding LA. Haven't exactly been following up on what is going down in this city but sounds like exactly how you just described it. Unfortunately though, there are more slaps in the face than this throughout the 6 cities. We just haven't heard about them or nobody cares enough to bring it up. The reality is, today there aren't any standards or quality. The "step-up" you're talking about, not going to happen. Because people are just lazy and uncaring and they criticize those that aren't. This is our standard. 

I would encourage you to just swallow the piss that's given and whoever comes under your care that you can pupil or raise, do so with the opposite of the standards that are being delivered by our leadership today. That way maybe one mobster at a time we can restore some honor here.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip
I wish there was a part of me that could just swallow the pill, but this is one of those things that makes me irrationally upset.

Ludarius, I'm going to assume you're correct about the standard falling in all of the cities. This just happens to be most recent and blatant to myself. And in a competitive city of all places where people already have a watchful eye. It's probably poor timing and the spotlight.

However, my point stands that they should've have a no interference clause installed. And accountability is accountability.

How would you feel about going to LA and mentoring these lads in our ways and a standard worth living for, Ludarius? They need leadership and someone who will take a stand. We can start a new petition for you, friend.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You’re in the wrong line of work if you expect any form of standards. Associates becoming men of power as soon as they turn to this life of crime has been plaguing these shores for years now. It’s become acceptable, despite it being an absolute fucking joke. The only way it will change is if everyone gets on board and puts a stop to it.
You see a gangster right hand man, put two in the back of his end. The find his boss and do the same. Everyone follows suit and eventually the message is delivered. Will that happen, not fucking likely, but one can hope.

With that being said, I applaud you for addressing the issue.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Apparition was dead tired, from the events of the morning, leading up to the rest of the day, and all she wanted was to float peacefully in silence and mourn the friend she had lost. The only reason she was here was she had haunted for decades, and probably had all of eternity to rest, so why not say a few words. 

"There is a difference between shooting someone out of malice and hiding your actions, vs. admitting to an accident and offering compensation," she said once she came to a stop, floating above the ground. Her voice had a chill to it, and passersby would glance around and rub their arms as goosebumps broke out over their flesh, more with each word. "My former hand acted with honor and respect, so when his son came to me for guidance and comfort in this new world he found himself in, I took him in and offered him a job." 

Her voice took on a harder edge, and it appeared the sky started to darken and the non-corporeal form started to appear larger, looming over the area. "This kid was mourning, so was I." the tone of voice implied that she would still like to be alone and mourning, "Not only had my former hand come to me and spoke of the matter but so did his son. And as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree," she said before crossing her arms over her chest. 

"But the main point that seems to be made is that it is my family and I can do what I see fit to do with it. I may appear like a young ghost, but my spirit and soul have haunted these lands for decades. Do not presume to know the ways of my mind." she said, and the statement was punctuated with a cold wind, causing garbage cans and debris to fly around the street. Then suddenly the sun started to shine again, the noise died down and Apparition was back to her normal self, with a wry smile on her face. 

She started to float away, ready for a rest before adding, "Besides, if the world once again goes into a mode of rebuilding on IRC Avenue, the finger of blame would go to me for not having anyone else to help recruit to the family." and with that final word, she felt she had said enough. Covering her reasons why and how this choice was beneficial to not just The Cult, but to all the cities. Perhaps they would understand, perhaps not. Perhaps in a century or two, she could bring herself to care. 

Report Post Tips: 18 / Total: $600,000 Tip
Apparition, I applaud you for coming to the streets to address the issue. Certainly when you have the right to ignore me entirely.

And I understand that mistakes happens and being forgiving to those mistakes are a nice quality. It's admirable that LostMyMind spoke with you and admitted his mistake, and paid the punishment.

But you can't stand there and tell me with a straight face that his next kin deserves another chance at that responsibility? I'd disagree with you and say that you're contributing to lowering the standards around this world of ours. And if your spirit is as old as you claim, you'd know that.

I'm not telling you how to run your family. I endear you to whatever choices you wish to make. I'm petitioning that you are still held accountable for your decisions without promise that there will be no interference. Surely you agree that decisions have consequences and your city should be no different?

Or I simply push for someone to be a leader within within the city and discuss with you that they don't find that acceptable, and maybe you shouldn't find it acceptable either.

And I hope the apple is on a different tree, because his father literally just shot someone then his son was shoved back into a responsibile position.

I disagree with your course of action Apparition, and I've brought it to light. And proposed, what I think, is a logical stance to take.
Report Post Tip
Harry looks at the New York Consligiere in a perplexed manner. She says she’s a nobody? But he knew, because it was his business to know, that she was a Consligiere, one of the highest ranks available in this thing of ours, in one of the most powerful cities in the country. If she sees herself as a nobody then perhaps someone from New York had aught to sit down with her and explain exactly what is expected from one of her rank. Certainly not being a “nobody”. Perhaps the rumours Harry had heard about the rank of made man and above being next to meaningless was true indeed, for if a Consligiere, an adviser to the don, is a Nobody, then indeed what is a Made Man or even a Capo? Less than a nobody?

“As someone who has had the pleasure of being able to call Los Angeles home these past few days, I’m unsure how this situation, one which is contained within the bounds of a single LA crime family, is a mark on the city as a whole. As this newest generation of Los Angelean crime families is still only just in the process of setting up, I imagine that all involved are in the process of finding their feet, rather than deciding who will be the de-facto leader of the city.

Along side this, I was always under the impression that the leader of a district was the king or queen of their respective castle. Answering to no one other than the Godfather Chairman, whenever one should step forward. If the CL of one district, on equal footing to another, can dictate what the other can or cannot do, I’d worry about the stability of this entire thing of ours. Sure, one might advise as a friendly neighbour aught to, but should one make demands upon another without the power or rank to back those demands up?

In defence of my fellow Los Angelean, and a Crew Leader at that, I must state that in these early days, finding anyone who you can rely on to be your hand can be a challenge. If she has prior knowledge of this bloodline, and knows that the ill-advised actions of her new hand’s father were out of character, should she truly hold that against the son? As a true nobody, a mere earner, I’m unaware of the details behind the subject you’re speaking on, and I’m certainly in no position to judge or dictate who or what should be the standard. But I wouldn’t tar the entire foundation of a city over the choices of one districts leader.”
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Timmy backs into the room with his ass out, pushing aside those less skilled. 

I saw some orange names speaking as if they understood the fundamentals of the game. They clearly do not. Timmy then pivots on his left foot and jumps in the air to slam the ball through the hoop. Holding onto the rim, he eyes the LA bench with confidence and authority. I've never been one to showboat, but I will speak the truth and  call a spade a spade. The way that a team runs their organization is their business, but the way the rest of us look at them is our business. Especially if we're expected to eventually do business and trust them. And if they want to be considered an equal in this league, they'd do well to run their organizations as the norm. Unfortunately, the norm has become accepting abhorrent behavior....without consequence from within their division or conference, and with unenforced norms from the rival conference.  

Timmy looks at the benchwarmer who spoke against a starting 5 member... We can all have our opinions. One district leader whose actions are tolerated by other district leaders paints a clear picture of what the entire organization stands for. Through inaction, the entire LA crime family accepts what has occurred. The failure to "police their own" verifies that. Whether they are unwilling or incapable of doing what may need to be done. I'm a rookie, but I understand the game and know what must be done to do to earn my way onto the starting lineup. But I'd also say my entire organization has standards that apparently may not exist leaguewide. This is why I came here as a free agent and passed on the opportunity to play for an expansion team yet to prove themselves. 

Timmy, having contributed his 2 points, puts his sweatpants back on and sits down knowing that his contribution means little to the outcome of the game. 

Mynx why are you so hell bent on wiping LA so soon after it's inception? 

Why aren't you just targeting the incident and the district that you perceive a problem in? 

Are you bloodlining this youth? 

Why are you so concerned with how a city or district  not under your control nor do you reside in  is handling things?

Why aren't you concerned with "bettering" your city ? Why are you more concerned with "bettering" a city or district you do not even live in than your own city?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
A was open to anyone from what I understand.
So why did you not step up and take a chance at being a city leader yourself. Rather than complain about it later.
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

The only thing worth commenting on is this:

As I have told him for months: Mxyz should get auth. 

Given my Irrefutable Authority, I hereby grant Mxyz permission to set up in Inglewood, Los Angeles. 

Report Post Tip

Sam was floating by the city when he saw a small crowd gathered around the main square. He listened to the speakers before weighing in. "It's admirable that you give people a second chance. Anyone can make mistakes, we are all human but that being said, he should prove himself before being placed in a position of power. Seeing someone become a hand as soon as they land on these shores irks me. It might be acceptable when we are building post war or in the middle of a war but that is not the case now. I feel that the standards definitely need to be raised when it comes to these low rank hands."

Harry, my boy. There is no demanding here. This is a petition, no an enforce of demands. Don't be silly.

And no, the whole city shouldn't be punished because it's a competitive city. But it does call for there being room for a real figurehead to rise from the city. It takes someone to assume the position and carve the path they see fit. But the RHM situation is exactly what I call the garbage standard of the city. It's stupid and needs discussed. Perhaps even acted on.

It's simply not okay. I wish nothing but the best for the city of Los Angeles, but if this is what's to be expected from the leadership, then what's the point. A free pass to make mistakes and random someone?

"It's okay, hunnybun. You can fuck up, and we'll coddle you back into that position of responsibility and empowerment."

Downright silly.

Ryant, my name is Mxyz. Can we at least pronounce it the way it's intended.

If I was bloodlining him, I'd just shoot him? Then shoot his son again? And probably another time for good measure. I don't care about his bloodline. I care that his son is given his father's position after fucking up.

So many questions. I care because I do. And I'm poking my nose into something that isn't my business, but it is my business. Picking up what I'm putting down?

If I wanted the city wiped, I wouldn't be showing my hand on the streets. More of a private conversation with my Godfather.

Duncan, thank you for your input. The standard is what we set and our leadership sets for us. It's what's acceptable and what's not. I truly believe Apparition's handling of this situation is piss poor and should be put in the spotlight. Or else it's just something else we sweep under the rug for another day.

SamLock, I don't have the qualifications of a good leader in this world of ours, at least in my standards. My time in Italy needs my time before America. At least I can admit that.

But if I was a leader, I'd sure as hell have some solid fucking standards. You can bet your ass on that.

Sam, but should he be given another chance? Seriously. He has literally proven fuck all before just being given back a hand position. He died, then his son replaced not before the body was cold. If you think he should prove himself then this step is a complete step backwards from that.

Good point, all the same. BrandonHeat has proven nothing. Besides that the district doesn't have standards.
Report Post Tip

So, What you're suggesting is that death itself isn't enough of a punishment? Would you have us Bloodline the family? Or, Are you trying to say that someone can't learn from their families past mistakes? Care to face the mistakes Your fore fathers have made? I know I have many diaries written by my ancestors with mistakes aplenty... Yet, I'm a hand now.

You call into question leadership, but the district heads have said their piece, behind closed doors like adults. A punishment has been given and at this point, You seem to be the last jaded, and uninvolved, party making a fuss....

Mistakes happen. Two people are dead, Taking with them money, experience and hope for their futures. For me, An eye for an eye is a blinding punishment, but all parties seem to be satisfied.

Hopefully Brandon Heat won't make the same mistake his father did, but I can flip through the history books and find Many hands, and even a few leaders, that have made the same mistake in the past with a much quieter reaction.

Sorry if this doesn't satisfy your bloodlust, but we here in LA are in the business of growth, not self destruction.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $215,000 Tip

Bernie made his way to the street corner, albeit slower than usual. His knees simply were not what they used to be. However, after hearing certain comments, he believed his voice needed to be heard.

Why aren't you concerned with "bettering" your city ? Why are you more concerned with "bettering" a city or district you do not even live in than your own city?

Reply by: Ryant at May 06, '21 00:11

Ryant, are you insinuating that there is something with New York that needs changed? It would seem to this old man that you're throwing stones in the direction of New York City, that simply don't need to be thrown. Mxyz, who given his rank has certainly earned the right to say anything he wishes, was bringing up a Los Angeles problem, yet you bring New York into it?

Bernie kneeled over a little, to gather his breath before pointing a finger at Ryant.

I task you to tell me, how should New York be "bettered"? What do you see, as a Goomba, that we could be doing better?

Walks up to the crowd that had formed in the street and overhears a question.

"Hi Bernie, I don't think that's what Ryant was trying to infer or insinuate and I wish to assure you that it wasn't an attempt on instructing change. From my view it seemed it had nothing to do with a city. It's my impression that she's only highlighting, similar to what many others have already said, the subject of standards being improved across the shores. No stones are being thrown nor any intent to disrespect a person's earned rank. No particular city was referenced other then LA in her post and seemingly conveyed in broad terms that our shores as a whole can be bettered and standards raised. It appeared from reading the thread that we're just asking questions to try to learn and determine what efforts are available or what has already been employed in-order to better the shores and improve standards. 

Although, I would stress the importance of not injecting malicious or inflammatory language in the conversation and continuing to operate in a respectful and professional manner. Moreover, when asking questions it should be done amicably and ensure that it's being presented in an objective fashion without negativity or basis. We can have a friendly conversation/discussion all while being respectful and still maintaining differing opinions however it shouldn't delve into name calling or personal jabs. Try to focus on setting the example in hopes of strengthening standards across the community."

After speaking, Vito he fades away from the crowd and disappears into a waiting taxi headed for the airport.

Report Post Tip
Misty, I'm saying that the man's son shouldn't have been pushed right back into a position of responsibility right after having an unresponsible occurrence. That's literally what I'm saying.

And if my forefather made that mistake, you bet I'd have a different approach. Or if that was my hand. I wouldn't be having this speech and not truly believe in the philosophy behind it. Do you think you should just be handed a position like that if you were to make that mistake?

If so, you're part of problem. Point blank.

LostMyMind should've died for his fuck up, no doubt. It's the step after that that's annoying. His father was an earner. Please tell me what he really learned from. It was a slap on the wrist and a slap in the face to those of us in this community who actually care.

I stand by my argument that it's a garbage decision. And you shouldn't be promised protection when you aren't making the best decisions.

Promised protection is bullshit anyway. Accountability is accountability.

And hello, Geno! I don't mind the rough words, we are mafioso after all. I can take it and I can dish it out as well. Don't you worry about that.

It's honestly the same dribble in the streets that make it stale to begin with. THIS is worth talking about. Debating. Getting upset or trying to get your view across. It needed addressed and it was. It's nice to see people get fired up for once without being butthurt over a death or war.

Let's continue discussing this.

But I mean, Bernie is right... He has every right to be here to discuss any issure he might see as well.

The list of falling standards is getting larger by the year. And it comes down to leadership. And for leadership to continue these GARBAGE practices is unacceptable. We can do better.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Phil had been circling around for what seemed like forever as airlines inferior to PilotPhil's Phil Airlines were having landing issues Phil himself was totally unfamiliar with. His airlines were extremely reliable, which was widely known. For example, Ryman_Branson recently wrote Phil Airlines to be:

Safer than shoving a stick up a lion’s arse.

PilotPhil had been thrilled and confused about the exotic review from a man, who looked as if he was native to a place where jaguars, jaguarundi's, pumas and ocelots lived as the most dangerous felines.

But now, a couple of minutes ago, Phil had landed. Landing gave him the great benefit of checking the Streets, seeing what was going on there. It wasn't long before PilotPhil heard what was said in Mxyz's quite.. ..confrontational.. speech. The prostitute pilot decided to step forward to share his thoughts.

Bold, Mxyz, to publicly share your opinion on one of the other city's leaders. But to be honest, I share your concern, although for different reasons. Personally I feel that one's ancestor's choices or actions should not influence how a criminal should be judged themselves.

PilotPhil noticed someone looking at his uniform, probably already bored with what he was saying already

I know that's kind of a theoretical opinion, as it makes sense that often.. More than often even.. Characteristics are inherited and bloodlines are entwined. Yet, a new kid on the block is a new kid on the block. So the way I see it, the new kid on the block should not be given a crucial position in a family because of their age, not because of what their parents did. Different reason, same result.

Then again, I believe the current city of Los Angeles leaders are not to be held responsible by members of other cities on how they choose to establish their leadership boards. They were given the chance to start their businesses according to their own values and ideas. So, in short, I would say that I feel you are right, Mxyz, but I do not feel you should have addressed it like you did. You are a well-respected Consigliere, you could have asked Apparition in private about it, too.

PilotPhil frowned and countered his own words

I take that back. I like that you brought it out here. A little vehemence on the Streets is entertaining. Also, I would sign any petition that is aimed at gathering voices to withhold underaged men, women or squirrels to take on Hand Positions. That said: Maybe it is not very elegant, though, to basically ask your leadership to..

PilotPhil thought Am I taking it out of proportion to say 'declare war'? He rejected the option to use those words.

..to ask your leadership to lift the clause on a city that emerged through their very own rules?

I welcome the challenge, PilotPhil.

I've thought about what you said for a bit, but I have to stand proudly by my words and opinion.

To be brutally honest, I don't want to know Apparition. I don't want a relationship with BrandonHeat. I have no connection with them, their district, or the city - so to speak. Don't want one. As closed minded as that might be, it's the truth. Maybe in another life.

Nothing against the man. I just have no reason to be in a private discussion with any crewleader.

I've earned my place, just like every Consigliere here. That is true. And maybe my speech is straightforward and rough around the edges. But I am not here to point guns at each other, nor be friendly about it either.

I have no respect for the practice that took place. I'm not going to pretend that I'm okay with it.

And I will use my rank to talk about it, because I have earned that right. The only person who muzzles me is Godfather Quint, or a bullet.

But ahhh, yes. I still stand by my statement that there should be no protection clause. It's actually very much different from wishing for their demise. I think the clause in itself is a silly proposition and nothing like that needs promised. If people do the right things, they have nothing to worry about anyway, in theory.

I have no respect for the practice that took place. I'm not going to pretend I'm okay with it. 

You seem to be taking what happened extremely personal, did anyone harm you? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Los Angeles Needs Some Standards
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL