Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 02:09:59
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
New Writing Contest: Very Good Prizes! Started by: Rocky on Sep 27, '21 17:11

Another couple of days, Ray_Liotta - waiting on a couple more last minute entries

Report Post Tip

cool thanks, goodluck to everybody

Report Post Tip

I'm still waiting for the final few entries.  YOU know who YOU are!

So c'mon, everybody is waiting!!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Contestants, I would like to make it clear that an appeal is in action against the Lincoln_Lawyer for his brazen and unlawful sequestration of the contest winnings for the benefit of a dead member of his own family, who I would like to make clear was not a contestant in this competition at all. As the independent judge, I intend to perform my duties with professionalism and haste and we will move forward with the judging and awarding of the prize to the best candidate shortly.

Report Post Tip

EddieMame, you were hired as judge for the competition entries, and that is the end of your involvement. I was requested to have oversight of the fairness of the judging process, not as legal representation of the competition, something I was at pains to make clear with the late Rocky, I also gave my time for this freely, without financial renumeration. EvilClown asked me to hold the prizes he donated to the competition that he donated. I have spoken to Evilclown and I am not at liberty to discuss the outcome of that conversation. That is the end of my involvement with the contest, so my seizing competition funds as restitution for the actions of the contest organiser is not a conflict of interest. The rest of the prize fund, to the best of my knowledge was held by Rocky himself, so good luck with getting hold of that. Too my knowledge several individuals and groups have already begun proceedings to recover prizes donated to said competition. At this juncture it would appear that you may well declare a winner or winners, but any prizes may have to be supplied by you personally as Rocky is unable to do so, on account of him pushing up daisies.

Report Post Tip

It is awfully fishy when the legal counsel of the competition, when put under the spotlight for potential fraud valued into the millions, begins by pleading the 5th. Very fishy indeed. And frankly I am quite surprised the contest engaged the services of a lawyer who does not seem to understand that the funneling of contest funds into the bank account of a family member unrelated to said contest is very much a conflict of interest, whether he deems himself guilty of the crime or not. It is a conflict of interest by the very textbook definition of the term, which is not a verdict but a situation. From the manner in which your responses have been both defensive and your stories varying and unaligned, it's becoming increasingly difficult to shake the feeling of more sinister motives at play.

Report Post Tip

In fact, it has come to my attention that you were indeed aware of the conflict of interest at play, as you mentioned it yourself almost immediately before accepting an official third-party role in the contest (which even if you had not verbally agreed, was something that in itself was implicitly undertaken when you accepted to hold contest funds). That you now appear to be in denial of that fact puts the idea of taking anything at your word completely untenable. 

That being said, I ordinarily would be more than happy to be Counselor for your competition, however, as I am currently on retainer for Infinite Void, we could potentially end up in a situation where there is a conflict of interest, and therefore I will have to recuse myself from acting in any official capacity at this time.

Between that and your baffling Supreme Court stories, you are proving to be as good at conconcting a cover story as you are a writing contest prize trustee.  I would insist that anyone deliberating over employing the services of this trickster in the future think very long and hard over their ability to trust someone so ill equipped to perform even the simplest of legal duties. 

Report Post Tip
EddieMame, I think my father and Ray_Liotta, as well as Dagda, would just prefer the winners to be announced.

I have evidence that Lincoln_Lawyer used the prize pot for his own purposes.

Let's get the winners announced - what do you say?
Report Post Tip

EddieMame, once again you appear to be gravely mistaken. I have not and will not plead the 5th, I have no more reason to do so than I have in eading the 3rd, an altogether more serious issue. Once again may I point out that I was not engaged by the contest in any capacity. The late Rocky asked me to scrutinise the judging process for fairness and equity. I accepted no financial renumeration for this role, prefering to offer my services for free. 

There was no funnelling of competition funds into the bank account of a family member for two main reasons. 

1. I have never held any competition funds or had access to competition funds.

2. The compensation went to the next of kin of the slain individual who was a family member, not the family member himself. 

You state that this situation is the very definition of a conflict of interest, to which I suggest that you get a better dictionary. The definition of a conflict of interest is:

• a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.

I did not benefit directly or indirectly from the competition, nor did I hold any official capacity which i could have derrived personal benefit. 

Your inability to grasp the differences between what you imagine to be the case, and what is actually the case, despite having it spelled out to you on numerous occasions, does not make my stories varying and unaligned. Your main stumbling block appears to be that I was at any time a trustee for the competition, which I was not. 

I will accept that at the start of my conversation with Rocky I was worried that there may have been a potential conflict of interest, given that I was a LHM for a notable NY family and that members of said family may have entered said competition. Given that Rocky assured me that I would hold no official capacity other than to ensure that you did the job that you were employed to do without personal gain or duplicity, I acceepted his offer. Aware that being paid by Rocky for this service may put me back in to a conflict of interest, I offered to do it for free, again ensuring that there was no conflict of interest. Your inability to grasp these facts, is not my problem.

As for Rocky2, I would love to see this supposed evidence that you have, given that I have shown you logs of the transfer and directed you to Cityhall to ensure the transfer took place, wanting to protect the offspring of the late Lostboy from any potential reprisals from you or your cohorts. Furthermore, might I add, that Eddie announced the winner of the competition sometime ago, which you would have heard if you had only paid attention.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $520,000 Tip

I DO NOT WANT THE PRIZE IF YOU RIGGED THE COMPETITION JUST TO STOP ME HOUNDING YOU TO REFUND THE MONEY  YOU DEGENERATE.

To: Ray_Liotta
Sent: Oct 07, '21 15:40
Subject:

OK, I managed to swing the decision so that you won the contest. Is that OK for now?

This whole thing has turned into such a clusterfuck.
To: Rocky2
Sent: Oct 07, '21 12:25
Subject:

i asked for a refund, and you decline.  ok thank you for your answer

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Hmm, what a shocking turn of events.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

So, did I not win? Can I move now? Guys, what's going on? Anyone here?

The lights had dimmed and Sisyphus stood like a statue, still unwavering in his work. What would happen to him if this was never settled? Sweat began to drip from his brow, but he quickly forced the negative thoughts out of his mind and continued. The show must go on.

Report Post Tip
Ray_Liotta was behaving like a toddler and I needed some time. I knew that EddieMame had already judged the competition and decreed Ray the winner, so to keep the lunatic quiet for a while, I told him I had done him a favour.

Dagda can snipe all he likes - he's never ran a contest.

We have two well rewarded winners - what else matters?
Report Post Tip

Well surprise surprise... who could have possibly predicted this outcome? The Kuku bloodline runs a competition, messes up even the basics, rigs the outcome in an attempt to line their own pockets, even orchestrates the demise of their own father in order to disappear with the funds, and then when they are called out about it they throw about accusations like a monkey flinging poo hoping that people will run and duck for cover rather risk being covered in Kuku excrement. 

You accuse Dagda of sniping and having never run a contest, well sir I can say with some authority that you have never run a competition. Your bloodline has never run a competition, instead you have run cons and grifts, bilking trusting individuals out of billions of dollars in donations and prizes that are ultimately used to line your own pockets and thoae of your cronies. 

You ask what else matters? Well how about that for once you abide by your own competition rules? How about for once you use impartial and neutral judges, not linked to you in any way? How about for once you use an independant party to hold all the prize funds thereby ensuring that you don't get your grubby mits on it? How about you issue the prizes you promise and the payouts you promise in a timely manner with proof of their delivery? How about you pay the entrant awards to every single participant and their crewleader as your father promised to do on the 27th September? 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

behaving like a toddler, you told me you rigged the competition after i asked you for a refund, after u told me lincon_lawyer stole the pot.

just admit when you have been caught out and move on jeeeez.

i think i did the only honourable thing and declined the prize., and i aksed it to either go to 2nd place instead or to be returned to the donors.

i really cant understand why no one agrees with me, but atleast i know i tried my best and thats all i care about to be perfectly honest.

as far as i am concerned this matter is over, so please try your best to stop mentioning me in your thread.

Report Post Tip
Lincoln_Lawyer - claims that I have profited from writing contests is absurd. My bloodline has paid fortunes in blood and treasure to keep the CWC going, often in the face of oppression and repression.

Ray_Liotta - you did the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. I had high hopes for you, but you are behaving like Dr_Satan. Like a child. A punk.

I'm in two minds about whether or not to ban you from the next contest altogether.

EddieMame and Rocky worked to deliver.

Two winners. Two prizes. And the only person that lost is me yet you call me a winner?
Report Post Tip
If you make public accusations you should expect public protests, Ray_Liotta.

If my answers scare you, son, you should stop asking scary questions
Report Post Tip

Rocky3, there are backed up commodes in Abu Dhabi that are not as full of excrement as you. Your family has never once provided concrete evidence of any of your claims and assertions. Slowly, peraon by person you poison every single member of our community's opinion of you. Perhaps it is time your line calls it a day, and seeks alternative employment? I have it on good authority that carpenters and bricklayers can make good money.

Report Post Tip
Hyperbole, Lincoln_Lawyer - I am broke.

You accuse my bloodline of profiting billions from the contest yet I have never won one and the total prizes aren't even $80m

You are a liar
Report Post Tip

And where is your proof of that?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Writing Contest: Very Good Prizes!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL