Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 22:38:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
New Writing Contest: Very Good Prizes! Started by: Rocky on Sep 27, '21 17:11

Rocky3, the fact that your Grandfather asked me to oversee the judging process had me hoping that your family had changed. Alas itbhas not. As for your laughable truths, they are at best laughable. You have provided no evidence that your father paid out anything, I have been exonerated of any wrongdoing by Eddie's own lawyer, backed by EvilClown and my own City head, and as I had no oversight of the judging process, Eddie's judgement is at best dubious. 

Now, after I finish here, I shall be going to the county court to take out a retraining order against you. There will be no further conversation between us.

Report Post Tip
So you wouldn't be afraid to have a sit-down with a jury made up of CLs and hands to judge our dispute?
Report Post Tip
It has been brought to my attention that Lincoln_Lawyer is launching his own contest.

We will see if he manages it successfully. Competitive Writing Community incentivised contests are difficult. Hardy, adept, robust people are needed.

LL failed in his modest task with the last contest.

We will watch and wait his on efforts here.
Report Post Tip
Just for clarification, Lincoln acted on my instruction in regards to these so called 'prizes'.

So if you wish to discuss it further Rocky/Eddie, feel free to trip down to Manhattan and come visit my office.
Report Post Tip
With all due respect, SatoruGojo - what the actual heck has it go to do with you?
Report Post Tip
Also seems pointless to visit your office in Manhattan to talk to you when you're standing right here. Almost like giving a 1st place prize to someone not in a contest.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

PauliePoorAnalogy, I know you are young earner trying learn the ropes and trying to make your own path. Have you consider maybe he just wants to talk him private? I think before you jump into someone else's conversation you let the other person speak. It a respect thing, you know?

Report Post Tip
I am like a young Methuselah on his deathbed, boss. In my infancy trying to learn from bigger and frankly better men. I am just disappointed to see actual contestants not get a prize and it go to someone who didn't even enter. Doesn't sit right with me. If a man kills his wife for adultery, but then doesn't inherit her estate, was he right to do it? Most would say yes, but I don't think that excuses Lincoln's behaviour. Condoned or ordered by proxy or whatever.

I understand that things don't sit right with you. That's perfectly acceptable and I personally believe in the ability of speaking your own mind. You can go about it in two ways. The first way is respectfully or disrespectfully. What about this doesn't sit well with you? The fact that someone didn't get their prize winnings? It happens. Lincoln has already issued his restraining order out on the other lad so there is no longer any contact. He followed the direct order from his crew leader and told the other gentleman that he has any question to them be directed to him. No harm, no foul in any of that. I would let the courts decide things as it seems  I would hate for you to get wrapped up into any trouble. Now, the choice is yours to decide on what you would like to do.

Report Post Tip
Message understood. You are a wise man. This is why I am only a lowly earner and you so mighty and strong. You are a titan. I am grateful you are in Las Vegas. I apologise to all involved. I am not a great wordsmith like William Shakesword. Lincoln was right to distribute the prizes as he did. The people who got something from Rocky should probably give it to Lincoln for redistribution too. Case closed, as the criminals say.
Report Post Tip

I appreciate Lincoln_Lawyer for saving this competition that held so much promise. I wish Rocky would've followed through with his promises in a fair manner, but I suppose even time alone can't make someone more mature. 

Thanks again to Lincoln Lawyer and to all of those who made entries! I enjoyed listening to each story!

In case Tutte and Dub hadn't noticed, EddieMame judged it fairly and I did my best to ensure prizes were given. My father personally paid Amelia's and I was led to believe that EvilClown generously gave "lyin'" Lincoln a second cache of prizes which have, like the original, not been given to the eifhtful owner.

Rocky found himself in a bind and was forced to come out shooting. But the contest was fairly judged and the 2nd prize winner paid well.

"Lyin'" Lincoln is trying to arrange his own contest and I just can't see it working.

Once again, my bloodline is carrying the whole of the streets on my broad, strong shoulders, and once again the eardrums are being assaulted with the shrill sounds of a dozen high pitched miscreants squealing "foul" when actually they just hate my bloodline because we are, frankly, gorgeous.
Report Post Tip
SlimShady - I have a degree of respect for you, but what is happening right now is tantamount of the economic lynching of a uniquely LCN icon. The iconoclast among us, Lincoln front and centre, have wished ill upon my bloodline for generations.

Why join them?
Report Post Tip

Hope this wil lend now and peace will acuure for all.

Tutte were in good modd again and lights up a smoke while talking with some good ones that also seems glad that this seems to be over and we all can again have fun with each other again.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Writing Contest: Very Good Prizes!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL