Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 01:16:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Christmas cooking tips Started by: EvilClown on Nov 27, '21 07:56

the best tip that I can give with christmas cooking is log all of the mistakes you made for thanksgiving and make sure you dont do that again... because, logic.

a personal tip - deep fried turkeys make sure there is not standing water! cut slits into the bag, put paper towels on a cookie sheet and leave it over night in the fridge t allow the water to drain out. then don't be naked when you drop the bird into the vat...especially if its wet.

take care my friends

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Never was huge on Turkey. Lamb will be the main meat this year, slow cooked with rosemary etc.

Last year I cooked a large gammon joint in cider in my slow cooker. It came out really good. Recipe > HERE Only I did a slightly different glaze to finish it off. My home smelt lovely! I shall do it again this year.

Report Post Tip
I’m a fan of glazed ham also. Here’s an odd one but works really well:
Soak ham in water for 24 hours
Remove Ham and boil gently in Coca-Cola for Three hours (Add bay leaf and 2 half cut onions)
Let it cool, ideally over night
Coat in mustard/honey/brown sugar glaze Roast for 30 mins….

Be prepared for the most delicious ham 🎅👌

Sugar is the secret PH/acid trick

I like to have sweet potato and potato mix... good time to mix things in --- everyone is nice and eating everythign

Report Post Tip

I don't think I would eat a ham cooked by an evil clown. That sounds like a recipe for disaster and not a good Christmas at all!

Report Post Tip

Gerwyn_Price you may be correct. Although in persona... Long ham pig is most delicious ;)

Report Post Tip

And OOC the ham I mentioned above is really most delicious.  Forgot to mention to score it and add cloves, remember to remove them before eating though ;)

Report Post Tip

*Unpopular Opinion Alert!*

Christmas dinner < New Years Dinner.

Give me a simple steak pie dinner over a bird with the trimmings any day!

Report Post Tip

Don't burn the food. Keep stirring. Never too much salt. Don't always follow the recipe. Have other drink options besides egg nog. 

Report Post Tip
Yes Rorschach my man!! I have said this for years! There is a butchers near me that has the best steak pies going aswell! Don't get me wrong still enjoy the Christmas Dinner!

I only have the tip to order a good meal online and let them bring it at your home :) More time to drink some with friend without 1 person to prepare the meal for hours :P

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

best thing i can cook is a pot noodle.

my suggestion is to order take out.

take out never fails, except when it does actually fail.

-Moi

Report Post Tip
I'm only starting to get into this cooking and baking lark. Maybe that's cause my wife is about to leave me for being on here too much!

But I'll happily follow this thread for some tasty tips.
Report Post Tip

Is the Evil Clown cooking for the Holidays? If so I will be paying him a visit hehe! you gotta love a good cook and I hope everyone has good holidays and New year but pls watch the alcohol consumption so you don't end up sick or worse.....Happy Holidays everyone

Report Post Tip

slow cooker. that's pretty much it.

you just need to put in a protein, some veggies and whatever you fancy flavouring it with... you canny go wrong. It takes a huge load off for christmas if you do whatever you can over night or at the start of the morning. then just switch it to the  warm setting to stay where it is while you cook other stuff that can't go in the slow cooker.

Report Post Tip

tips for the best roast potatos are to peal, par boil then rumble them around in a colendar to scratch the surface.

cover in semolina (yes, really) and put them into absolutely boiling hot goose fat.

timings can be found online but man, these are good

Report Post Tip

My tip would be Beef Wellington, which I like very much. But this year we are going to also make a Mushroom Wellington, for the vegetarian people in my family :)

Sounds good doesnt it?

Report Post Tip

My best christmas cooking tip is to go to my mom's house and let her cook all the food and then when you eat it all nap on the couch. 

This was not helpful in the slightest, but there we go. 

Report Post Tip

In Poland, they have like "Lent" for Xmas so they do not eat meat and such, which of course does not mean I do not eat meat because I an not Polish :D but they have like 12 meals for each of the apostles of Jesus and such, but at least there are various desserts, main course is a bit meh as it is like fish only, but I always have chicken with me not to go hungry. I would even give you the name of the sweets but Polish orthography is just a nightmare. But they make doughnuts and such!

After my mom passed away,my wife make chocalate no bakes are so delicious.  now my wife,has my moms recipe's, and she makes them along with peanut butter fudge my favorites.  And I love chocolate cips are real good also with my morning coffee.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Christmas cooking tips
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL