Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 13:44:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Purging returned to our streets!? Started by: SadFace on Jan 02, '22 20:06

Obviously.

The point I was making was: If there are few new bloods wishing to take the leap into leadership, surely the advancement of established bloodlines to heights they had yet reached is a good thing? Surely it shows progress? Surely, Shirley?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Well, yes and no.

Let a thousand flowers grow is my preference .
Report Post Tip
Well thank you kuku and your idiotic friends for turning this conversation into a freak show

I’m going to go retire now.

Congrats on the ws catch Dagda and Sisyphus
Report Post Tip

Once again, here I am keeping it simple.  That's what's I do best.

Do I have a watch list? Absofuckinglutely.  There's things such as rogues (where's your kin been lately? Julianlennon?) and people who otherwise would like to kill me.  Yeah, I watch - a little.  I'd much rather prefer to be their friend than their enemy though.  That's where trust becomes the issue...

From a guy who made it to GF - I'd suggest that honest and open communication goes a lot further than thinking the world is out to get you.  I'd ask those who have been "unrightfully purged" if they put their best foot forward in terms of their honesty and accountability.  Hell, even Mr_keating made it to the lofty ranking of capo and everyone knew what he was going to do.  It can't be that hard to make a name for yourself in this world, right??  This guy is likely going to cream himself that I mentioned 2 people of his lineage in the same speech... 

Really, I don't think there's much worthy of discussion here.  A 129 day old earner died and no WS was found.  These are the facts.  The rest is conjecture.  

In a rough and savage world, earners perish and are never thought of again.  Get over it.  

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This is actually the second best discussion on the Streets, even if it is all asked and answered in the opening verse. 129 days to prove themselves worthy of being in the inner circle or of being trusted by those who are, and our fully protected, potentially Godfather-slaying little dead Earner failed to do it. Should the blame for that fall upon opportunity-spreaders and little-watched watch list keepers like Dagda and Squirrelly-Dan, or should it fall upon the person who had all that time to build that gun and bought all that protection but still couldn't get themselves invited to the dance? 

As an increasingly aged Wise Guy on boss number 3 and Made Man promotion number 0, packing a gun capable of giving a high profile bodyguard a serious winging...seems like it must be the Godfathers at fault. 

Report Post Tip

Gerwyn_price here is another fact for you:

Promotions are subject to the approval of your crew leader.  Also - you can’t promote level 15 earners…

I’m unsure of who your previous 2 leaders were - but if you’re salty about your present spot on the food chain, then I suggest you approach your crew leader Flowah to see how you might be able to prove your worth within the family. I do suggest you drop the “it’s not me, it’s you” attitude though. It doesn’t serve you well.

otherwise, I’m not really sure what you’re wanting here. I mean, are you suggesting I should watch people less? If I did that, I may miss all the good work of my crew members, and possibly a promotion or 2. It really is a catch-22 situation, isn’t it?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Dan, the lowly earner you talk about was my father his BGe was of 200, he had not conversed with anyone outside of his family and his gun was only known to the Godfather and Godfather chairman of New York, he had over 2500 kills under his belt. Despite not being told he was killed because of his ability to kill, or his bloodline this we will never know, but this was not just some random. It was a targeted shot. And if I’m honest I don’t blame them for taking that shot my bloodline has a bad reputation. Some of you may have heard of JustinBieber Random Borat Timberland Defender a few names my bloodline has been known as all to have made a big impact on the game mostly via bloodshed. 

The hardest pill to swallow was my father was trying to turn a new leaf and could have shot anyone in the game any time he wanted but he didn’t he holstered his gun and would only have been used when instructed by either his GFC or CL. About 2 weeks prior to my father being shot he was Not protected, he went to his Crew leader and asked whether or not he should buy BGs his crew leader agreed it would be a good idea if he could pay for them himself.

let’s look at it from another angle My father was not enjoying his time on these streets for some time, in fact he didn’t even anticipate on building a gun.

on the other hand I can see many positives that this regime has accomplished much like the last regime, there has been peace for many months now, besides a couple of crew removals. Others are enjoying time spent on the streets with minimal threat

Report Post Tip
Yikes, I was joking, Squirrelly-Dan. I hoped it was clear I was saying the individual in question must accept some accountability for their predicament rather than blaming others. Which is why I mentioned myself and my lack of promotions, which are because I've done little to prove myself to anyone. Good joke, ha ha etc.
Report Post Tip

Ah - apologies Gerwyn_price

Report Post Tip

Okay, I'll try Alice. Hopefully I won't "attack" you.

So when folks were killing my bloodline (purging it) just because they didn't like what they were saying, not because my bloodline was a threat my bloodline has never been a threat, have never been a threat, no one has been in harms way because of my bloodline. 

You (along with most people) misunderstand the term "purging." Purging was a practice used several years ago, where anyone aged over XX days was killed if they were not vouched for by a made man or higher. This practice has not been utilized in some time. Purging is a blanket term people use to cover any killing(s) they don't like, because it's a term that carries social weight and negative light. People were killing you back then because you were being disrespectful and rude, naturally you see it through the rose-tinted glasses you wear that it was just people disagreeing with you - but as always, it is the way you deliver your message that gets you in trouble, rather than the message itself.

I asked a Cl who is a GF now why some bloodlines are held "accountable" for their actions, and other bloodlines are allowed to say "well that was my ancestor not me" and be given a clean slate for that family member of that bloodline.  Why is this? 

I can't speak to this situation in particular, but I think this is another "case by case" basis type of thing. Some people have just proven that they are incapable of honoring that clean slate. In most occurrences, this is because they were once given one and spurned it. They like to play victim and all that, but generally the only one to blame for the double standard is themselves. Others have proven they can turn the page, so to speak, after an account dies - those people can usually be trusted to do just that. As with anything, there are outliers on both ends of the spectrum.

Comparing first time GF or GFC  to first time Cl is like comparing apples and oranges. While they are both a fruit they are not the same.

I agree, however it is still relevant to the assumption that "the same bloodlines" get all of the opportunities. You are under the illusion that there are worthwhile new bloodlines (how new would they need to be to be considered new?) flooding the streets, asking for authorization opportunities. I can think of - maybe - five bloodlines new within the past year who have stuck around at all, let alone done the necessary work to be deserving of the chance. 

And I have to question are they truly first time GF?

I only ask this because I had a Cl who told me they were a first time authorization as a CL. Only to find out from that persons own words after the run (war that took them down) that it was actually their second CL run but first GF run.

Now can I trust this persons words when they said they were first time auth CL or when they said that it was actually a second CL run. Now can I trust anyone's words when they say area first auth Cl or GF or GFC? 

Doesn't anyone see how this undermines the very trust you are  asking of your members and even the community?

So because of this one personal experience, you (and by extension, everyone you are trying to align to think like you) mistrust all CLs? Because one person lied to you, whether intentionally or by omission, you're now jaded towards anyone who claims to be a first timer? Don't you see how hypocritical this is, when you complain that leaders are jaded against new bloodlines, allegedly assuming that they are lying and incognito, with far more justification than a singular event?

AliceLiddell, if your bloodline is continuously being targeted and dying over and over again. It's not purging, it's bloodlining. I can't accurately answer for the regime of the old's doing but, as you mentioned, your ancestor wasn't well liked over what they said was probably enough reason for them. As for why some bloodlines aren't held accountable for their actions. Well, that's the thing about our neat little underworld here. Nothing is concrete. Social ruling change with each regime change. If you're seeking diplomatic immunity, align yourself with the strong.

Report Post Tip
Why don't we open an experiment city? Let anyone who wants to set up and see what happens?
Report Post Tip

Yes, well when you are blood lined for years on end it feels like purging. And for the record I don't mind being blood lined because people don't agree with my opinion. That just shows more about them than it does myself. Only issues I ever had was the harassing stalking anonymous messages I had been getting along side the blood lining. 

More than one person in a position of power has lied to me. That is just one example.

I don't seek diplomatic immunity on anything.  I don't regret anything I have said or done as was suggested  (by an in group member) I should.

I say my opinion on what I see, as I have said before don't like  what I am seeing change what is being shown. Do I want to align myself with anybody or have anybody align with with my opinion. We all do. My opinion has changed on some topics, it is fluid as all opinions should be.

Words are pretty and are ugly  and can make a person feel good or feel bad, but actions are truth. 

I am well aware  of how  social ruling works. I am well aware of how in groups and out groups function.  

Just be honest with everyone and say yes there are in groups and out groups. And there are two sets of standards for each. This is basic social construct. When theses groups change the rules change and the standards change. 

Just be honest and stop undermining the trust that you seek in your members.

Report Post Tip

Why don't we open an experiment city? Let anyone who wants to set up and see what happens?

@JullianLennon I think you'll find all cities are taken and are building well in their own right, you talk about what should and shouldn't be done whilkst slagging everyone off in the process, here's an idea stop being a total nuisance and actually make something of yourself rather than running around being an idiot, problem is you cannot do that can you as it literally always ends in the same way you shoot random low ranked people and end up getting shot yourself, an idiot will always do the same things expecting a different outcome but like you things never change.

CharlieCroker - who are you? Who asked you?

You're a nobody. Shut up.
Report Post Tip

Just be honest with everyone and say yes there are in groups and out groups. And there are two sets of standards for each. This is basic social construct. When theses groups change the rules change and the standards change. 

Just be honest and stop undermining the trust that you seek in your members.

I've never denied either of these things - obviously there is an in crowd and an out crowd, as there is in every regime and will be in every regime until the end of time. It has always been this way, it's just the natural order. You can harp on about fair play all you want, it's just never going to happen the way you picture it, it isn't possible. I have taken issue with the blanket statement "two standards" as I think that is too cut and dry. Things differ from case to case, from person to person. But I don't deny there is more than one standard people are held to, because that would be asinine. No two people are the same.

I don't need to seek trust in my members at this point, and it probably isn't possible to undermine that trust - I find it laughable that you've said that twice now. My members long ago earned my trust, and I theirs. I guarantee you all fifteen of them are loyal, if not willing to take a bullet. If they weren't I most likely would not be standing here. Not only that, but I guarantee you all of the other New York CLs and GFs are set to loyal to GFC as well. I know my people and they know me - don't try to insinuate otherwise.

JulianLennon - I have said this in other places but perhaps you weren't around at the time. There will absolutely, unequivocally, never be a competition or experiment city whilst I have a say in matters. Such things are and have always been a waste of time and resources.

Report Post Tip

Thank you Dagda. I appreciate one of the main in groups people coming out and saying it like it is. There have been  a handful over the years that have done so.  Most come out and try to deflect, or discredit the person asking the question. I respect that when you folks do that instead of trying to intimidate people into silence.  

Well honestly you should not have to seek trust in the people under your authority at this point. You have been in a leadership position long enough to have earned that trust. Even  from those outside your circle  that  work under your flag of leadership. 

Report Post Tip
Why not, Dagda?

Innovation is positive, no?
Report Post Tip

And in what way would it be innovation? We already have six established cities - we would have to clear one either with the sword or by moving people around. Neither of those things is good for business.

Assuming we were to do one of those things, the "experiment" would be the same as they always are: either a bland, restriction enforced, slow race to GFC, or a bloody massacre of all other contenders by the most financially adept contestant with the most bodyguards. The last decent comp city was at least a decade ago, and there has been no shortage of further attempts since then. I've always considered them to be a lazy way to fill a city and have spoken against them, and continue that belief today.

The Las Vegas experiment was a stunning success
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Purging returned to our streets!?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL