Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 16:38:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Purging returned to our streets!? Started by: SadFace on Jan 02, '22 20:06

That was the one I was referring to when I said "at least a decade ago." My math might be a little bit off, but that is the last one my journals have record of succeeding.

Report Post Tip
The Las Vegas experiment ended with my lineage becoming indelibly printed upon the consciousness of this thing, forged upon the foundry of legend.

A virtual nobody came to become the youngest de facto Godfather of the grand city of Las Vegas.

Today's nobodies should be given a chance to become tomorrow's legends.
Report Post Tip

People were killing you back then because you were being disrespectful and rude, naturally you see it through the rose-tinted glasses you wear that it was just people disagreeing with you - but as always, it is the way you deliver your message that gets you in trouble, rather than the message itself.

My bloodline has never been disrespectful to anyone in the years they have been on these shores.  Nor have I been rude to anyone that wasn't rude to me first. I have admitted on many occasions that I am naïve with some things,  so I do apologize if my rose tinted glasses are offensive. 

Those who somewhat know me know that I will reflect what I get.  So if any of you think I was rude or disrespectful in any way look at how I was approached.  No one approached  me as a person, you all look down on me always have.  I was approached with degradation, stalking private  anonymous remarks, and people telling me stay off the street discussions. All meant to intimate me into submission. 

Sometimes intimidating people makes them do the opposite of what you want them to do. 

Report Post Tip

AliceLiddell, I actually remember an ancestor of yours. She was a member of my great (x10) grandfather's crew. She was a hard worker and contributed a ton. And while he was powerless to stop the torment she might've suffered in the streets, her safety was always assured. He never once tried to censor her in anyway. She then retired without a word. Her next to kin went elsewhere and likely faced the other side of the barrel several times over. My grandfather concluded then that some folks just like the role of victim.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The Las Vegas experiment ended with your lineage becoming indelibly printed upon their own consciousness with a senses of misplaced grandeur, forged upon the foundry of hyperbole, egocentric monologue, and misinformation.

An actual nobody came to become the youngest de facto Godfather of the grand city of Las Vegas, instilling in his unfortunate offspring an overlarge sense of importance and self worth.

Today's nobodies should - and are - given a chance to learn, grow, and flourish within the structure of the crew they join, assuming that crew is capable of doing so, which not all are.

As I previously stated - experiment cities will not happen while I have a say. Perhaps sometime in the future try again; I won't live forever.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Dagda - that's subjective.

The Las Vegas experiment was a riveting time for all concerned.

It reverberated.
Report Post Tip

Pablo, double speak is unbecoming of you. Anyways, I'm a firm believer in that you shouldn't be killed for expressing how you feel as long as its preached in a respectful manner. But hey, if you're gonna dish it then you should know how to take it. This isn't exactly a safe-space for the gritless and untenable.

Report Post Tip

Julius - it appears by brother from another mother, Julian, was shot and killed for...  I dunno.  Talking?

He was inducted into the Collusion crew but murdered nonethless.

Will Dagda and Tyrion impose some kind of order on this mayhem?

Report Post Tip
Its seems like the only purging back to streets again is against kuku who never can stop his journey and try to be a normal person and instead purgs him over and over which seems that he like.
Report Post Tip

Hi WhyBother, as has been pointed out before, Purging and Bloodlining are two seperate things. Purging is the practice of regularly wiping out large numbers of people based on age, rank, gun stats etc and has been leveled as an accusation against various regimes over the years. Bloodlining is the practice where by an individual or group systematically target the same family line repeatedly, and is perfectly legal according to cityhall. 

If Mr Lennon's family is being systematically targeted by the same person or group then he is probably being bloodlined, however given the broad net of abuse that some of his lineage has fired out each generation, this may be the case. Hope this clears up any confusion my friend.

Report Post Tip
I own all of you. Nobodies and pissants, the lot of ya.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Bloodlining is a public announcement of burning resentment and jealousy.

My lineage is bloodlined because of historical successes against those who are wrong.
Report Post Tip
you are the unwanted stepchild in ya group no one takes you serious.

I think a glaring aspect of this discussion missing is that we will all die, metaphorically and literally, which means regimes and hierarchy’s are always evolving. I see no evidence to support either active blood lining nor purging. If people were “planning” or “thinking” about taking unilateral action then maybe they should do a better job to avoid being killed. Or, more like than not, learn to start working with friends that are reliable and trustworthy because you’re getting purged from your own actions/words that ultimately are being perceived as questionable in the least.

Experiment cities are a complete waste of time especially considering the general lack of commitment to something greater than yourself or the crew alone. Moreover, it appears we’re having new people reach achievements never before seen and being offered opportunities for advancement that would have otherwise been reserved for a friend. On the flip side, there always has to be a strong level of trust and, more importantly, reassurance that the person has the necessary experience and support to successfully be a capable, apt leader.

Lost are the days when people were taught under a tutelage to build up new blood. Regardless, if any new blood was a shot then they should take the first step and voice their interest. Your leader will never know you have an interest if you dont develop a rapport and dialogue to start the process.

jusf my to cent thoughts. Carry on. 

Cheers,

Report Post Tip

[...] Bloodlining is the practice where by an individual or group systematically target the same family line repeatedly, and is perfectly legal according to cityhall. 

Individuals going rogue and taking shots at others are also perfectly legal according to the City Hall. That doesn't necessarily make the practice of such acts right or acceptable. And while there may be dickheads around whose sole goal is to make the experience as miserable as possible to some others, going ahead and saying bloodlining is a-okay all the time is simply and plainly, wrong. 

Question is where do you draw the line between using bloodlining as a corrective measure and bloodlining as a punitive measure. Because no one can claim here that some people bloodlined others in the past, and will bloodline people in the future -- simply because they genuinely hate them.

And an another question is at what point bloodlining as a corrective measure to address an unwanted behavior turns into a punitive measure. 

Bacon - I can think of a number of individuals who got their first taste of leadership in an experiment city or via an experiment.

Please tell me why these people should not have been given a hand-up in this often dangerous and mercenary World?
Report Post Tip

I too was given a chance, or two, in experimental cities so I can speak from first hand experience the concept isn’t scalable. Too much stigma on recruiting, internal politics, lack of cohesion, short-sightedness, vendettas/ulterior motives, and the eventual day when everyone tries to kill each other to consolidate power. Then the cycle repeats because the city isn’t afforded the same standards and protections as regular cities. Usually the powers that be also trying to regulate the hierarchy in a way that would ensure eventual demise by themselves or by rival cities. It’s mostly a way for hotheads who think they know better to go and play in the corner of the room.

Thus, I think recruits should go to legitimate, established cities instead of crews that aren’t having to operate under some pilot program guidelines. Population is already stretched thin and it does no one good to have an experiment city. Especially if it serves no larger goal or purpose for the community but only for the need of a few who feel marginalized. 

If an experiment city were to happen it should be designated as an open city, no restrictions, max hq size on start, no time frames, and the selected people chosen will have to work out the districts, etc themselves. Although, in that case it essentially wouldn’t be an experimental city.

Report Post Tip
In what way wouldn't that be an experimental city?
Report Post Tip

Being an open city’s, no restrictions, no timeframe so to follow, candidates figure out districts and alike. The latter is usually decided Ben the power who put on the pilot program. Previously you couldn’t interact outside city whatsoever and one had time criteria for advancing the city.

Report Post Tip
Also, Bacon, you should know that your associate Don_Drew was an ally of the rogue CptSavesAHoe.

Now that you have this information, you are jointly responsible for all of the people Don_Drew kills when he rogues.

Check out the Cpt's funeral if you don't believe me.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Purging returned to our streets!?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL