Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 12:56:18
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
National Dueling Championship - $10,000,000 prize pool Started by: Gerwyn_Price on Jan 19, '22 14:21

There is very little a veteran Wise Guy like old Gerwyn doesn't know (other than how to get Made, but don't mention that you scoundrels), and during my time here being so knowledgeable, I've found things a little bit...linear. These are great times for business, undoubtedly, just a little lacking in terms of action. So I thought to myself, as I looked down at my gargantuan biceps and sculpted pectorals, how can I, a lowly albeit physically superior, Wise Guy, make things more interesting? 

Enter the National Dueling Championship (NDC).

As I am undefeated in duels and have bigger muscles than you, I feel it is only right that I declare myself the inaugural NDC Champion, complete with accompanying title belt.  

As the NDC Champion, I am open to challengers who feel they can best me in a duel. Should they beat me, they will then become the National Dueling Champion, complete with title belt worth like $50,000,000 easy, and also earn a bounty of a cool $1,000,000. I have ring-fenced a prize fund of $10,000,000 at the present time. The first 10 duel winners will each receive $1,000,000 at the time of their victory from my estate (in the very unlikely event that I die). I should warn you again though, I've literally never lost a duel and I only employ a very manly "Slightly Protected" protection level. 

The rules of the National Dueling Championship are simple.

• You must be ranked Wise Guy or below - We don't want any lame Made guys getting gunned down here and kicking up a stink
  • You must have a protection status lower than Well Protected - Any pansy who needs loads of guys to protect them isn't NDC material
  • You must offer a coin-flip duel - No cowards can become NDC Champion
  • You must accept any coin-flip duel offered to you from someone meeting the above criteria - You've gotta defend that bad boy or be stripped of it in shame. 

Let the dueling commence, friends. The Champ is ready and waiting.

Report Post Tips: 25 / Total: $38,607,215 Tip

This is a very fun idea, Gerwyn_Price, I'm looking forward to having some entertainment come of it. Will the duels take place at once upon the challenge or will we - the adoring public - receive some warning so that we may watch the events in real time? An opportunity for a few side bets, even...

Report Post Tip

A good questions, Frank.

I will announce all duels here and any side action or general mockery and ridicule can commence immediately.

The duel will then be scheduled for say 15-30 minutes thereafter and if there is interest from the public at large in seeing their champion (Me) crush the competition beneath my mighty boot, they can enjoy the spectacle. 

I will, of course, be on hand to celebrate my many victories and to generally savour the adulation of my adoring public afterwards anyway, regaling them with tales of my bravery and prowess.  

Report Post Tip

Bacon walks up to the conversation and reads the dueling announcement posted to the streets' bulletin board.

"Great idea, Gerwyn_Price! I look forward to the upcoming duels. I hope you keep your belt for a few bouts at lest. Although, I do have one concern," he said as he struck a match and began smoking on a freshly imported Cuban cigar. Bacon savored the flavor and aroma of his initial inhale of smoke from the finely hand-rolled cigar.

After several seconds had passed while he was blissfully smoking on his cuban cigar, he turned back to the man and asked, "Are the prizes and winnings held in an escrow account? Just curious to know about the processes for payouts?" Bricktop then proceeded to casually stroll around the area before buying a newspaper at the stand down the block. After glancing through the newspaper's headlines Bacon eventually made his way to the coffee shop for breakfast. 

He needed his coffee to start the right and with energy. Bacon had planned on circling back to the conversation with the man when an appropriate opportunity presented itself to do so.

Fortunately enough, Bricktop's booth at the coffee shop had a clear view of the comings and goings of the streets. Not to mention the booth offered seating with his back to the wall as well as providing a well-suited position that givingthe situational awareness to monitor the patrons and entrance. 

Report Post Tip

*well-suited position giving the

Report Post Tip

Bacon - good to see you. All funds are being held externally and, in the very, very, very, very unlikely event that the longest reigning NDC Champion is gunned down, they will be paid out regardless. I mean, it isn't going to happen because I've literally never lost a duel, but as this isn't a competitive writing contest with dubious payouts, I've made arrangements to ensure that the victor will indeed get their spoils. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I like how when I do this everyone gets mad an insults me but when some one else dose it they all like it
Report Post Tip

Mafiatrivia1 maybe people just like Welsh darts players over quizmasters. I can not personally confirm nor can I deny this factual statement. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Alas, Mafiatrivia1, I know nothing of what you did. If it is similar to the National Dueling Championship, then this is a coincidence and nothing more. I didn't invent dueling; never claimed to. I have just become incredibly proficient at it (I've actually never lost a duel) and have now presented this concept in this, admittedly, very handsome package.

As to why people find my version more palatable than whatever you concocted, I would chalk that up to substance. The NDC has the unmistakable musk of quality about it - the rules, the belt, and dare I say, the captivating power of the inaugural Champion. This is the premier competition, breakfast lunch and dinner if you will, a veritable feast for the dueling world and that's why it is being well received. 

So whilst there is nothing stopping you from slipping a piece of shit between two pieces of bread, calling it a sandwich and putting it on the menu alongside the steak and cheese baguette that is the NDC, hoping people won't spot the difference; it is probably best not to compare any other dueling events to this one. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think someone should duel Gerwyn
Report Post Tip

Only partially through with consuming his breakfast, Bricktop noticed the belt the man was wearing. It was the legend and unmistakable NDC World Champion's belt. It was magnificent and incredibly shiny. 

"Definitely more palatable cause of the belt. I'd like to offer my services as an official in a capacity if needed, Gerwyn_Price. Even Belt Cleaning & Polishing Coordinator I would be interested in. Maybe, Mafiatrivia1 would like to contribute as well. We need a joker for entertainment leading up to the duels."

Bacon continued with eating his breakfast and occasionally sipping his hot coffee spiked with a dash of malt scotch.

Report Post Tip
Na gerwin mine was more the prize was bigger everyone would be welcome to participate it was an actual championship where yours is not a completion it’s just a regular duel with a prize only two people at a time mine was several people against each other until one left standing

Mean while yours was the bread and butter while mine was the steak dinner mine was a completion while yours is just one waiting in the middle of a ring hopeeing someone will hop in

As your "completion" was so great that I've never even heard of it, I can only imagine your steak dinner was giving people food poisoning. There is no need for a last man standing contest here, we already have a Champion, who has literally never lost a duel. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. That's how it works in the real dueling business. Do you think I just became the longest reigning NDC Champion by default? 

Now, I would have granted you an exemption to put your money where your mouth is and challenge for the title, but as you have been weedy enough to need all those bodyguards to protect you, I'd suggest we agree to disagree and you tootle along. Why don't you see if there is a dueling contest for you and the other gals who need 1000 men to keep them safe?

Gerwyn your being mighty cheeky for a wise guy. Mafiatrivia1 is a made man you should take note son

Report Post Tip

There isnt anything cheeky in his comments, EMHP. In fact, I dare say Gerwyn has echoed your own Leader in his retort. Mafiatrivia has came in kicking and screaming with a toys out the pram style attitude and there isn't any need for it. 

I'm intrigued by this idea, on the one hand I find it foolish for people to risk their lives needlessly for such little coin, but on the other hand its a little thrilling to see people risk it all. I'm torn.

I shall watch on with my aforementioned intrigue to see how it develops.

Report Post Tip

Since I'm ineligible on a number of counts (yet still very intrigued), I'll wager a $1m side-bet (with the first person to contact me) on the reigning champ winning his first duel - once a brave soul can be sourced to sacrifice themselves at the hand of the swole Welsh tosser Gerwyn_Price.

Will we be able to find anyone courageous enough to challenge the undisputed reigning NDC champ though, or are the man's prior achievements perhaps just too intimidating? Hopefully the former is so, because an additional stream of guaranteed income is always most welcome.

Đi đi mau!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Rorschach I'll also add a $1m simply for the term.

"Swole Welsh tosser"

Message me if anyone takes you up on the offer and I'll gladly slide into your pigeon hole. 

Ah Rorschach, welcome, welcome. A pleasure to welcome you and Tyrion here and, honestly, to add your money to the pot. I'm sure this is going to be a fruitful endeavour for both of us when I return victorious from the dueling circle. I've also come into a little bit of money myself, it seems like people want a piece of the NDC Champ in a way that they just didn't care about poor old Gravey Goblin Gerwyn. I'm going to increase the bounty by a further $1,000,000 and I'll keep bumping it every day that I keep the gold strapped around my waist.

As things stand, as the longest reign 2 day NDC Champ in history, you'll earn a cool $2,000,000 for dropping me and the option of a further $1,000,000 for taking up Rorschach's side action.

I would also like to make an impromptu announcement that Bacon will act in an official capacity as my second for the duel. His chief responsibilities will be keeping the shine on the belt and reminding me of how many duels I've actually lost. It is zero, Bacon. Zero duels lost.

There are still openings for ring card holder; I don't expect any duel to go into deep waters so you won't need arms like mine to hold them aloft.

I will also consider any applications for hype man/woman. 

The role of desperate nerd has already been capably filled by EMHP, so there is no need to apply for that one. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
Lincoln_Lawyer could be ring-card holder, but he may end up doing unpredictable things
Report Post Tip

I am very interested to see this take place. Big fan of the idea and looking forward to seeing how things play out. This isn't something that I'd take part in, as I am a coward and therefore unable to hold the title. 

Still, if you need a ringside doctor to, uh, make sure people are dead; I am your man. Declaring the time of death is one of my specialties. 

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: National Dueling Championship - $10,000,000 prize pool
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL