Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 13:19:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
My thoughts go out to Ukraine Started by: AdmiralAckbar on Feb 24, '22 10:25

Glad to see my home country come together and defend itself so well against a much bigger force. It is amazing to see everyone unite as one in a world filled so full of division

Report Post Tip

The fact that every Wikipedia page on this has pictures and videos of this whole thing, like straight raw footage out of Ukraine of the shit going on (bodies, rubble, destruction, etc.) is fucking horrifying. Looks like shit you only see in police badge cam videos but is now purely of a war taking place in an advanced society. Not fun to look at.

The world isn't too pleased, and yet Russia isn't even using its full potential yet. Shit could and can get a whole lot worse.

Part of me hopes it's a wakeup call though in some regard. This easily could have been avoided.

Report Post Tip

War is always terrible. The Ukraine civil war was sad to see and now with Russia fully invading.....just sucks to see innocent die because of the usual political rubbish. All the lies told by both sides and manipulation when all you need to know is children are being killed so all this shit needs to stop.

Report Post Tip

It is terrible to say at the least. Late last night my nephew and his mother finally crossed the Polish border and are out of Ukraine now.

They have been in their car for 5 days and now finally are sleeping in a normal bed in a hotel.

Report Post Tip
Thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Ukraine and russia at this hard time

It’s the actions of the few that can impact so many lives. I really hope people see sense and they all get through this.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The whole situation is incredibly saddening but the pride, courage and bravery of the Ukrainians is extremely admirable. 

Unfortunate that they have been forced to display it in such a way. 

Report Post Tip

History has been made in the European Union which has unanimously voted to help Ukraine. All 27 countries had to agree to this for it to  go into action.  They have set heavy economic sanctions as well as send war weapons. For the first time ever they have created a new fund  as well, the purpose  to send war equipment such as rocket launchers and other weapons  of war to help them defend themselves.  This new fund will remain after the Ukraine war. 

Report Post Tip

Bring back Trump. He shows dominance and this wouldn't have happened if he was still here. If he was, he'd talk Putin out of any of his plans. Trust and believe the process. With Biden, he sees weakness and bam, look at where we currently are.

Report Post Tip

It appears to only growing worse. The murder of women and children. So sad for the people of Ukraine 🇺🇦 

Report Post Tip

Don't be so silly James. I know it's hard to believe, but geopolitics is bigger than America.

Report Post Tip

Lol JamesStPatrick 

Maybe you should read more

Report Post Tip

Not to mention, during his presidency, Trump withheld agreed upon military assistance necessary for Ukraine to continue warding off Russian aggression, he refused to dignify Zelensky as the new president of Ukraine because Zelensky would not be his lapdog for Biden muckraking, he was literally impeached for firing the widely-respected US ambassador to Ukraine in order to install someone who was more aligned against Biden and for Russia, he falsely claimed Ukraine were complicit in interfering with the 2016 election, he undermined NATO at every single opportunity, and has repeatedly kissed Putin's ring and called him "a genius", "a hero", "savvy", and was the commander in chief over the most incoherent, undignified American foreign policy towards Russia in the nuclear era. You have to be either completely ignorant or completely delusional to say something like, "This wouldn't have happened if he was still here" because his contributions to the geopolitical strengthening and weakening of Russia and Ukraine respectively were invaluable to Putin. 

Report Post Tip
Claudius - which of course is why Putin was delighted with Trump being elected, and did everything he could to facilitate said election.

What the Trump fanboys simply cannot, or will not, fathom is that Biden, or H.R. Clinton were Putin's nightmare because they don't need to feign dominance: they understand that the entire American project rests upon soft and hard power and its application. Biden is old, but served under presidents who showed no hesitation in using American military might, often via proxies, to deliver desired US outcomes.

Trump looks at Putin and sees a hardman, like he projects he is too. Putin looks at Trump and sees a vacuous, damaged, weak fool.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Reading about the women and children trying to escape to Poland is so heart wrenching. You don't know what strength is until you have no choice. I pray for them. I also think of friends in Russia who have been cut off from us, there has been no communication with them for three weeks. It's all very tragic and worrisome. 

Report Post Tip

Well, this is the view from European Slav. This is nothing new, Russian always tried to have hegemony over Slavic tribes. This thing with Ukraine is stretching back to the times when Moscow was a crap-hole and Kyiv (Correct Ukrainian spelling btw) was already a city, with walls, churches and stuff. The idea of them being same "people" is crap, they just tangled for so long that they "became" one. Saying that Russians and Ukrainians are the same is like saying that Austria and Germany are the same, very close, same blood, not the same.

Second, there was no genocide over "Russians" in those new found republics, eastern Ukraine was always ON PURPOSE, trough centuries inhabited by Russian hegemons. Nothing against it, but they did it on purpose, to have the ability to partition when needed. Same as Crimean crisis in 2014 when pro-Russian Russians voted to well, join Russia. Also, crap referendum as whole country has to be involved, its like Alabama voting on whether Alabama should do something, that affects the whole country, without rest of the countries/states.

Third, We shall prevail. Cлава Yкраїні

*Note, I am not anti-Russian, I love Russian people and they did so much for us, from mathematics, physics, chemistry, literature etc. I am against Russian hegemons and for a good reason, Stalin, Putin and others.

** Note 2, I am not Russian or Ukrainian, this is a view of independent oberver.

Report Post Tip
So sad. Hope they get some help soon.
Report Post Tip

Similarly my heart goes out to our fellow man in Ukraine. 

No man, woman or child should ever be forced into some of the positions that these innocent bystanders are, especially due to a crazy ass power hungry monster. 

Report Post Tip

Putin is a crazy son of a bitch.  This war effects the entire world.  I feel so sorry for the people of Ukraine. I live in America and I'm so sick of other American's complaining about their problems. OMG it could be so much worse.  Stop bitching about the gas prices.

Report Post Tip

It’s crazy to me that we’ve come to this once again with all the pushes for diplomacy.

i wish everyone in Ukraine all the best!

Report Post Tip

Cant believe we living throw a war, when covid was about to end...

Ukraine <3

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: My thoughts go out to Ukraine
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL