Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 05:49:04
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
First Piece of Music you bought? Started by: John_Fareham on Apr 02, '22 10:44
This is for Gen X players, more than others.

The first single I bought was Insanity by Oceanic

First Album was EMF - Schubert Dip

Both on vinyl. Quite good taste for a 12 year old.
Report Post Tip

Mine was Firestarter by the prodigy on cassette in 1996 would of made me eleven years old 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Oh I had the EMF cassette but I didn’t buy it my parents must have. First thing I remember buying is Dookie by Green Day.
Report Post Tip
Mine would also be the first music I ever properly listened to and got into. It was the song Last Resort by Papa Roach. Man I became obsessed was that song and that band. But yea heard this song from my brother and had to buy the album.
Report Post Tip

It would have been either Kick by INXS, or Hysteria, Def Leppard....I remember buying the Hysteria CD in HMV in Sheffield.

Report Post Tip

First piece of music I ever bought was a journey album CD. Can't remember which though

Quiet Riot Metal Health  cassette  bought it at a yard sale 

Report Post Tip

ahhhhhhhh this is a good one

the first LP i bought with my own money was parallel lines by Blondie.  I think we can all agree that's cool af.

unfortunately the first single i bought was 'remember you're a womble' by the wombles

i'm also realising you young fuckers have no idea what 'LP's' or 'singles' are

I think the first CD I bought myself was Pink - Missundaztood. It was a good album, but very poppy and I preferred listening to Eminem. 

Report Post Tip

Ooooh not going to lie, I am pretty sure the first CD I bought myself was the High School Musical soundtrack on CD.  Yes you all may laugh now.  :)  <3

Report Post Tip

I can't remember the first tape I bought because I must have been 7 or 8 but the first CD I bought was a Mozart compendium.  Loved listening to it for hours. 

Report Post Tip
I went to a store called Boarders that sold CDs and books (I don't know if they are still around selling books they might be) and I bought Collect Souls album and Coolios gangsters paradise lol I was only 6 years old my mom didn't see the parental advisory label they had just come out. I think the year was 1994
Report Post Tip

I used to be really into a fairly niche band called The Backstreet Boys. I feel like they had a very unique sound, especially for the time period. They have some timeless classics and I would really recommend this little known group to anyone.

Report Post Tip

My first two full vinyl albums were "Boston" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road". If I recall correctly, I bought "Kansas" and "Houses of the Holy" a short time later. I still have the crates full of albums in my basement and I am sure they are ruined now. I had forgotten all about them. 

Report Post Tip
Lamelordlouis - they were a poor man's 5ive
Report Post Tip

Think it was Red Hot Chilli Peppers cassette at Sam Goody..lmao thats a long time ago.

Report Post Tip

First CD I bought was a double - 50 Cents Get Rich or Die Trying and Justin Timberlakes Justified. Both of them are still getting spun to this day. Great albums, and Justin Timberlake is a legend. 

Can't remember the last time I bought music recently now. 

Report Post Tip
I think that was a Muse album. I needed some convincing with my parents to play it of the stereo as I didn't have one myself back then.

A year later I recalled getting a different album from them. Either my mother started liking it or was just letting it go :)
Report Post Tip
I think it wants an old “now” cd because it had sum41 on it, fat lip.
Loved that song. Over and over.
Report Post Tip

Down with the Sickness by Disturbed or Dr Dre's 2001 album.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: First Piece of Music you bought?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL