Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 20:03:51
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Its Time To Take Your Guns Started by: Spikey on May 31, '22 16:29

Why do you need a gun, sir? What is it for? Do you feel safe? Are you safe? Is there a zombie apocalypse coming? Why do you need a gun that shoots real fast? Does it make you feel like a skilled hunter?

Let’s just take your guns. Pass them along here. Free Oreos and Twinkies if you turn in your gun. Give me your gun. Hand it over. I got you.

Here. Take a Twinkie. It has cream filling, and that’s better than any bullets you have. Taste the spongey and tasty flesh. 

You don’t need the gun. You don’t need the gun that spits a lot of bullets. It doesn’t make you bigger. It’ll just weigh you down when the wave washes us all into the ocean to be with the rusty cans.

Here, take the Twinkie, but remember… the Twinkie you are eating has a soul. He has a wife. He has children. But you’re going to eat him and his filling. It’s okay though because he’s only a Twinkie. But please don’t shoot him. He’s unarmed, literally.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
I kinda lost my trail of thought reading that but guessing it was broaching the subject of gun laws in America…

Being a Brit, I still think it’s absolutely crazy. The only reason Americans can suggest having a gun for is for self defence. Protect their family.
Well if no one else had a gun, then protect them from what?

I’m not saying there’s no gun crime in the Uk but half of the I know have never even seen a gun, let alone held one, owned one or fired one.
Report Post Tip
There are well over 1.5 million million cases of self defensive uses of a firearm every year in the U.S. There were 45,222 cases of injuries by guns. THAT INCLUDES MURDERS AND SUICIDES! Guns save far more lives then they take. Not to mention we have a Constitution. In that constitution it gives us the right. Shouldn't even be an option.
Report Post Tip

There were 6,622 firearms offences in y/e 2020 in the UK, 30 of which resulted in homicides.

Over 19,000 people died in the US in firearms incident in the same period.

The population of the US is approximately 5x greater than the UK.

The proportion of firearms deaths were approximately 635x greater than the UK.

What does any of this mean? I don't know. All I can say with certainty is that Twinkies are not nice.

Report Post Tip

No one must notice the States only have major shootings during Democratic political reign, as it is the Democrat's that want to take our gun rights away. We all know the Republicans are financially backed by the NRA so they support gun rights. The right to bears arms is  a constitutional right . The constitution states we the citizens have the right to bear arms to protect us from foreign and domestic enemies.  

They gave the Natives of this land old muskets and then used Gatling guns  and repeater rifles to kill whole villages at once.   Also don't forget that Hitler took guns away from certain (Jewish, Jewish supporters, gypsies) citizens of Germany before taking over the country, with his gun registration list. Which has happened here for example Feinstein advocates taking automatic weapons away from citizens completely, while her own body guards are and would be  allowed to carry automatic weapons. 

Chicago for example is one of the States with toughest gun control law and is the State with  the most gun crimes. Gun control does not work it only arms the criminal and disarms the law abiding citizens. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $60,000 Tip

No one must notice the States only have major shootings during Democratic political reign, as it is the Democrat's that want to take our gun rights away

This might take the cake as the single most idiotic thing I have ever read on this website 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
sisterivoryDarkmore

Bill Hicks discussed the complete absence of causality between gun ownership and gun crime here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1qE8eDkzgE
Report Post Tip
Its sickening. Not sure if you guys saw the interview with the CEO of the NRA, but they asked her what her thoughts were on the recent school shooting and this lady literally shrugged her shoulders and said "So what? We didn't have anything to do with that. Go ask them." Unreal.
Report Post Tip

Look it up Headcoach historically the mass shootings happen during the times we have Democrat's in the White House.  We have had shootings during Republican's in the white house, but nothing on the mass  scale as we have when Dem's are in the house.  Or maybe it is just propagandized during Dem's in the White House, to get people to ask for more gun control.  

Much like they propagandized Sept11 to make people scared so they would support  the Patriot Act. 

Make people scared they will give up their rights to feel safe even if it is false safety.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The largest mass shooting in US history was 5 years ago during the Trump presidency, you cabbage-brained doofus

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Frizzlefry I think this song sums up the NRA in a handbasket.

OTEP - Shelter In Place

Report Post Tip

okay Headcoach that is one mass shooting  during a Republican  in the office .   A fascist. white supremist one at that.

Among how many have we had in the last 20 years? 

Report Post Tip

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

Report Post Tip

At least 2020 was relatively light, I guess maybe like the lockdowns and stuff had an extra positive effect. 

Report Post Tip

Full data set in CSV format is available here: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

List of presidents and years in office here: https://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/057_chron.html

Presidents, years in office & what party here: https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/oct/15/us-presidents-listed

Combine them all together and what do you got? 

GOP Dead 537
GOP Wounded 988
GOP Total Victims 1525

DEM Dead 498
DEM Wounded 491
DEM total Victims 989

So SisterIvoryDarkmore while I knew you were dumb, I didn't realize you were absolutely fucking delusionally ignorant. So well done, I learned something new today and hopefully you did as well. 

Report Post Tip

I dunno, the dead dems vs dead gop is pretty close. Maybe we're not so different afterall. 

Report Post Tip

You made me go back to the spreadsheet - its actually 64 mass shooting events for each party. BUT we've had 36 years of GOP in office and 35 of Dems on this particular dataset, since 1982. 

WHICH MEANS MORE MATH!!!!! 

Total GOP shootings 64
Total DEM Shootings 64

Years in Office GOP 36
Years in Offic Dem 35

Average Deaths GOP 8.4
Average Wounds GOP 15.4

Average Deaths DEM 7.8
Average Woundds DEM 7.7
Report Post Tip

Wounds only count as .25 though so I guess that should be taken into account. 

Report Post Tip

Or maybe the political party of the president has absolutely nothing to do with the frequency of mass shootings. I'll repeat what has already been said. SisterivoryDarkmore, you have got to be the stupidest fucking twit to ever step foot on these shores. I don't say that lightly. It's a stupidity so brazen that one must wonder how you are not ashamed to open your mouth, due to the certainty that something incredibly idiotic is bound to spring forth.

You have been told this on numerous occasions. You are dumb as fuck. There is no getting around it. There is nothing wrong with being unintelligent. Not everyone can be gifted with high intelligence. But to be so fucking stupid, and have your stupidity pointed out time and time again, and to remain indignant in the face of it is the sort of dangerous stupidity that puts society at risk.

Don't quote the Constitution. First of all, because you are misquoting it. Second of all, cherry-picked passages from it do not mean squat unless you have an understanding of 250 years of case law supporting and defining it. You do not understand much, much less complex legal theory.

You've been shown your ignorance time and time again by multiple individuals. If someone calls you a horse, punch them in the face. If two people call you a horse, stop and think about it for a minute. If three people call you a horse, it's time to go buy a saddle.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

So you're saying the GOP has a better KDA? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Its Time To Take Your Guns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL