Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 10:07:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The 22nd Annual Awards - Be Part of It! Started by: Word_Smith on Sep 21, '22 14:08

Having submitted my vote, Word_Smith, I feel as if I am due double, if not triple, the reward that many of the participants who have entered have already received. I base this judgment on several factors, none of which I am prepapered to disclose, but trust that you - in your depth of wisdom - are able to perceive. I know that you understand this rationale, and will compensate me accordingly. Hail Satan. 

Report Post Tips: 24 / Total: $249,201,645 Tip
"Stan_S_Stanman, thank you, although only one leaflet is to be accepted. Commission Rules.

Therefore no fees for you."
Report Post Tip

I understand, Word_Smith. I find the reward acceptable, if underwhelming. I am a man with my fingers in many pies and, as the old adage goes, it takes money to make money. I stand by my comments that The Competition Commission remains a net positive to the community and a much-needed function of oversight over our violent and extremely unforgiving competition circuit. 

Report Post Tip
"Thanks, Stan_S_Stanman. Funnily enough, I'm winning in several categories of the recent survey, so will need to create a subcommittee to ratify the wins.

Without the Commission, I'd just give the prizes to a non-entrant, but we've left that kind of cowboy foolishness behind us, thankfully."
Report Post Tip

TheBeast steps up and says "I've filled out your ballot a few days ago. It was a unanimous entry, Mr. Smith. If I need to fill out another, I will do so."

Report Post Tip
Nigel murdered Word_Smith.

Nigel attacked the Competition Commission, and therefore the entire writing and speaking communities.

This is not the end of this matter
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $123,456 Tip
Sad that I saw this one gunned down a guy I knew well, pretty angry over this.

"Wheres the Justice in this when it's needed?"

Shame comes walking down the street...
Report Post Tip

LonelyWolf - to whom are you referring? Word_Smith, and the Competition Commission, were being stalked and tracked. Rather than acquiesce to a silent death, Word_Smith decided to defend himself.

Report Post Tip

I find this entire saga unbelievable and completely farfetched. By now everyone should know that the Competition Commission has soaked into the cracks of the Streets. 

I can't imagine why anyone would feel the need to murder an innocent person over something they have no control over. Thanks for your kind words LonelyWolf, I think we are all upset about the death. 

Report Post Tip
The only thing we can do is have an investigation.

Wellerman, and Stan_S_Stanman, will you help me investigate Nigel's alleged competition tampering?
Report Post Tip
No need for any investigation in this matter since all uppers already know the truth in this matter.

Case closed.
Report Post Tip

Strange you were so quick to not want an investigation LonelyWolf. Perhaps this is a large conspiracy than we originally thought. How deep could this rabbit hole really go. Who else could possibly be involved?

Stan_S_Stanman? Surely not. He's far too well respected in the competition scene to be wrapped up in these types of things, but Void... Void is just crafty enough to pull something like this off and no-one would be the wiser and... the most damning evidence of them all. He wears a lapel pin emblazoned with the marks of Upper Management. Perhaps this is what LonelyWolf meant by his cryptic messages. 

Void wants to "close the case" on competitions.. permanently. 

I better make a phone call. This is above my paygrade. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Wellerman no amount of craftyness could outwit the Competition Commission, I would not dare to perform any transgressions against that holy institution for fear of finding myself a participant in a competitive writing competition soon after."

An expression of what appeared to be a combination of fear and dejection appeared on Void's face.

"No, though my own participation in competitions has been rather minimal so far (though I did win one due to a lack of submissions) I would not dare to utter a word against competitions. That is something only the CC can do and falls within their jurisdiction. I am but an irrelevant nobody, a miserable little worm."

Void looked down at his lapel pin in confusion for a second after hearing it being brought up, before looking back at Wellerman again.

"The only lapel pin I have and am currently wearing, is one in rememberance of Saint Jerome, one of the finest mobsters of our generation. I think we could all learn a little bit from Jerome to be quite frank."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Wellerman breathes a deep sigh of relief. 

You're right, you're right. I must have just got caught up in Lonely's explosive reveal. The Competition Commission is far too powerful now to be stopped, by this point its fully integrated in the very fabrics of our society. 

And don't sell yourself short. I'm sure there are plenty of things worms are good for, like uh.. the soil. And from that soil a mighty competition may one day grow. 

Wellerman makes the sign of the cross as Void speaks of Jerome. 

Rest in Peace. Everyday I strive to be the person that Jerome knew I could be. I never actually met him, but I like to think that we were all made in his image. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip
Bugs is dead. He was an enemy of the Competition Commission
Report Post Tip

An interesting development. Bugs may have been the most steadfast anti-CC gangster we've ever seen. Look how far that got him. I'm glad to be on the right side of history. A world without the CC begets violence and that is the world Bugs chose to live in. I choose differently. I say yes to the safety of bureacracy. I vote for oversight. I will not allow myself to end up like the Jerome's or Bugs of this world. 

Report Post Tip
But Stan_S_Stanman - how can we be sure that more CC staff won't be killed by Nigel and people like him?
Report Post Tip

Bugs asked for a bullet. To the day he died, he was positive the CC is a sham. His death had nothing to do with the CC. There is no CC.

Report Post Tip
Bugs is dead because of the CC.

To say otherwise is to demand the jyrder of your friends
Report Post Tip
$190m says the CC are a force to be reckoned with.

And more to come.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The 22nd Annual Awards - Be Part of It!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL