Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:59:05
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
NFL Fantasy Football Chat Started by: Vidal on Sep 23, '22 13:29

Good morning/afternoon/evening depending on what part of the world you live in! I know that FutureStealer made a NFL Season Chat, but this is more directed toward Fantasy Football for those who participate in it.

We are going to use this chat for advice to help each other out and anything Fantasy Football related to American NFL League! Let's get it!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'm game for this!  I'm always game for anything NFL tbh!  Especially this season!  #billsmafia

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It's a shame we didn't try and organize a MR Fantasy league so I could take all of your credits. 

Report Post Tip

Armageddon ROFLLLLL, with all packers? :)

Report Post Tip

Make sure you make your last minute changes in before tomorrow!  Better games this week than last week IMO!  

Report Post Tip

I went with the "wait to take a RB" approach in a couple of my leagues this year. It just seems like you can never be sure with running backs any more between injuries and split backfields. So far it's worked out, I've got a team with chase/hill/st brown and one with Jefferson/Adams/Samuel. They're both 2-0

Report Post Tip

I'm interested to see, Geralt.  So far this year even the top 5 RBs have been meh.  If that's the case as long as you have a good ass WR it seems that was the better route.  Sure feels like we're back to a lot of RB by committee teams.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I took that approach last year Geralt, and it sort of bit me in the ass.  Just having one healthy workhorse RB will win you a fantasy league sometimes.  They used to be the way to win every league, but the PPR leagues have changed things for sure

Report Post Tip

Asschicken the last two years I had two top 10 RBs and didn't win because I couldn't match WR production. And both years one of those RBs came off waivers, so I figured I'd switch it up this year. So far so good, I am 3-0, 3-0, and 1-2 (we're not gonna talk about that last team). It seems like every season the top 5-10 RBs are not who they were projected to be, but you can generally count on certain WRs because of less wear and tear. My goal was to have at least 2 WR 1s, maybe a third, and try to get one of the top 5 TEs and QBs via reaching, and then bank on finding a breakout or handcuff RB (like Cordarralle patterson) as the season progresses.

Report Post Tip

I feel like I've tried it all.  TBH I do feel like have a solid RB wins most of the time but it has to come with an outstanding WR and either a great TE or a good QB.  But tbh I heard a saying once and love it.  "The fantasy draft.  Where you can lose the season, but you certainly can't win it."  It's all about the moves through the season the makes a champ.

Report Post Tip

Fantasy Start Sit Advice Needed:

Starting QB:

Ryan Tannehill v. Indy
Carson Wentz v. Dallas

Not great options to start

Report Post Tip

I'd start Carson Wentz against Dallas.  You're right though, not great options.  Geralt, I agree with your sentiment on projected RB production.  It seems every single year it is wrong.  This year as a whole, I took more WR's then I ever have before, because those guys will make you or break you!

Report Post Tip

My league FA for QB isn't great either. Top 10 QBs based off points this season are:

1    Jameis Winston
2    Joe Flacco
3    Jacoby Brissett
4    Daniel Jones
5    Geno Smith
6    Baker Mayfield
7    Mac Jones
8    Mitch Trubisky
9    Davis Mills
10    Justin Fields

I also need a new defense for this week! I have the PATS up against PACKERS. Top 5 by Projections:

1. NYG
2. LAC
3. IND
4. CAR
5. ARI

Report Post Tip

Not great streaming options there Vidal, I'm in a similar spot with my D/ST. I'm taking the colts (unless my waiver claim on the Steelers goes through) over options like the Chargers/Giants etc because Tennessee has been rather turnover prone so far. There's always the chance Henry goes for 200 yards and 3 TDs but right now their passing game is nonexistent.

For your QB conundrum, I wouldn't want Wentz or Tennehill. If you want a solid floor and not much risk (probably 15-20 points) I'd go with Brissett. If you want the high risk/high reward it might be a good week to try Geno or Danny Jones. They have some rushing upside, but could also turn the ball over multiple times apiece.

Report Post Tip

Thanks Geralt. I went with Geno Smith and NY Giants.

Report Post Tip

I actually just picked up the Giants defense in one of my leagues!  I might just take any defense against the bears all season if available!

Report Post Tip

Alright guys, my FLEX Amon-Ra St. Brown is out this week. Who do I start in his place?

My options are:

Breece Hall

Garrett Wilson

Jeff Wilson Jr.

I'm leaning towards Wilson because of his big week 2 and solid target share, but he's also going to have a different QB this week.

Report Post Tip
Football is a waste of time.
Now those that waste their time on fantasy football must just dream of men in tights.

Holy cow almost as big of waste as playing this game lol.
Report Post Tip

Geralt, given those choices presuming its PPR (probably), I would go Garrett Wilson 

Report Post Tip

FreddieFastFingers what's wrong with dreaming of men in tights? I would draft you first overall in points per useless contributions to the thread leagues

I'd also go Garrett Wilson because he's been good and you might as well see what he does with the cougar wrangler back at QB

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: NFL Fantasy Football Chat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL