Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 07:31:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Mayor and Police Commissioner Keeping The City Clean! Started by: Squishy on Jan 03, '23 20:58
Love the way people choose to reply. My only point was is it acceptable to have a bar so low the CL,RH and LH should be at 1 hour a week except in exceptional circumstances? How does that engage a crew? The coming out fighting to the wrong point trying to be made says a lot and I hope goes some way to you your 1 hour this week by replying.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

You came out to pick a fight with me - not the other way around, and I'd advise caution if you're determined to continue arguing.

Report Post Tip

Not sure why you have taken this so personally I asking a generic question mainly directed towards admin to be honest about why the bar is set at 1 hour weekly and not higher to keep the userbase active and engaging. Don't get the comment about pearl clutching. It was a genuine question to admin / the general population about if the bar really should be set at a mere 1 hour a week in normal life circumstances. Nothing more than that. I know I wouldn't want to be in a crew where the uppers were on for an hour a week. Obviously real life things sometimes dictates but usually these are the exception rather than the rule and can be managed as mentioned by Squishy.

I haven't taken anything personally, I'm responding because you keep taking digs at me. They're not even veiled digs... they're fucking obviously directed at me.

Report Post Tip

I have no issue with you at all, don't know you. I made general comments about the bar being set low was all. I don't control the order in which comments are posted. Really sorry but you have this really wrong. I was making general comments nothing more. 

I think it should be more than 1 hour a week as a CL. Obviously RL is priority but i don't agree a CL should only have to have an hours activity. 

I obviously don't have access to the hours others do but to say as a leader you can put in 4 hours or so over a month (roughly) isn't great, or is it then left to other CLs to decide whether other should be in charge when little effort is put in.. maybe

I don't have the answer but is 10 hours over 10 days a better solution?

RHM/LHM can be manipulated in that they can be changed around easily so that shouldn't be a problem unless of cause the CL is inactive.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Polio, I believe Izzy's dream was always that this place would police itself. If you are an asshat, someone would take you out. Can't do the job? Someone would take you out. I reckon that was the reason for the Rogue crews and them attacking everyone in the city, to encourage the player base to remove the cause. Problem is, that doesn't happen anymore. Whether that is down to fear of reprisals or a general apathy or malaise I am unsure. 

For example, If CL LazyBones and his hands who were set up in New Orleans kept spawning Rogue Durdens through inactivity, and I as a CL in LV decided to remove them as I was annoyed with my BGs constantly being attacked when I was in New Orleans, should I fear reprisals from the GF and other crews in New Orleans when they hadn't removed the issue themselves? Was LazyBones a good friend of the GF and that is why he was given such leeway and hadn't been removed despite his constant fuck ups?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Without a doubt Chris_Vaughan, it was half what i was getting at. Unfortunately, as you say nothing gets done anymore for whatever reasons so therefore why don't we increase the time needed to be on MR? This will at least force the uppers to decide whether to play more or risk losing the crew and take it out of the hands of other cities to do something about it due to fear or general apathy!

Obviously the NPC's weren't the answer and it was the same people taking them out even though a lot aren't from those particular cities. Yes, great that a lot of people mucked in and got stuck into them as no one wanted them about. It was also nice to be given a credit or 2 here and there but in theory the cities should have been left to sort themselves unless close allies, that was the point of having them to 'punish' a district for being ia.

I'd be interested to see how much time the 'culprits' spent on taking out there own NPCs just for interest.

Anyway, just an observation from someone who hasn't been around for a long time but i definitely think the 1 hour falls way short

Report Post Tip

I would agree with you Polio, and i would hope that punishments would ramp up further if loosing their crews proves to not be a deterrent 

I think this is a brilliant idea with one exception. Nobody has any business being in the upper structure serving one hour a week.  

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $180,000 Tip

I wanted to ask if this new feature only applied on IA CLs or do GF's also come under this?

Report Post Tip

I wanted to ask if this new feature only applied on IA CLs or do GF's also come under this? 

CL, GF, GFC, LHM, and RHM.

I think one hour a week is far to lenient. Make it 10 hours a week.

Report Post Tip

I think one hour a week is far to lenient. Make it 10 hours a week.

This feature was only put in as a tripwire to allow crew members a way out of a situation that is possibly hampering their gameplay. 

The standards are a constantly evolving guideline set by the current leaders of the game.  Action, inaction, vocalization, and finally silence, are the 4 major ways we as a whole are kept informed (or at least infer) to what the current leaders believe their counterparts need to do in order to maintain their status as an equal.

I would rather just have the tripwire as a last resort - and let the standards be set by those at the top to be honest.

Report Post Tip
Fair.

Sad the community doesn't want or expect better. But, you can't fix that with code.
Report Post Tip

Fair.

Sad the community doesn't want or expect better. But, you can't fix that with code.

Actually I am sure they do. People are just afraid to speak out against the CLs, GF's and GFC's and rightly so.

Maybe like, if they lose their HQ because they're IA fucks, they shouldn't be able to get one back for a while. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

1 hour a week is awful for any upper. Why take the role if you don't have the time to command it? Doesn't mean you don't have the skills to but the roles take time effort too. 

Its a bit sad that you can lose an HQ due to inactivity and set up again 30 seconds later... rinse and repeat I guess

Report Post Tip

If your entire HQ got raided by the feds and burnt to the ground, I'd say you want to go into hiding for a bit to stay out of the way of the cops. If anything the feds now have monumental evidence against you the moment they step foot inside your HQ, so setting up a new crime enterprise willy-nilly with all the exact same associates you had prior should be like setting a target on your back.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Mayor and Police Commissioner Keeping The City Clean!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL