Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 21:05:23
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Mayor and Police Commissioner Keeping The City Clean! Started by: Squishy on Jan 03, '23 20:58

We will be changing an existing feature of the game to better suit the intended purpose of its original design. (Original feature found at https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/1794091)

When a crew no longer puts forth the effort to maintain their presence in their city (Defined as a CL, RHM or LHM puts in less than 1 hour of activity in the past week), the Mayor and Police Commissioner will put on a big show to clean up the city and score some points with the tax paying citizens.

The Mayor will seize the HQ, fortifications, crew armory, fort bank and DFPs via civil forfeiture that are tied to the defunct crew.

The Police Commissioner gets *very frequent updates* from his officers on the activity of criminal enterprises (Every 5 minutes), any actions that take place outside of the XX:X0 and XX:X5 windows would probably go unnoticed however.

As a CL, if your RHM or LHM is going to go less than 1 hour per week of activity, swap them out for a hand that will maintain that 1+ hour a week minimum presence to keep the Mayor/Police Commissioner at bay. You can also just take the stats hit and run without a hand.

If you are a CL and are unable to log more than 1 hour of activity in a week, please let Squishy know what dates you will be away so that he can lock your gun for that time period, and keep the Mayor off your back.

Report Post Tips: 21 / Total: $500,000 Tip

I like this change very much. Thank you Squishy.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Does this mean no NPC's?

Report Post Tip

Two thumbs up from the Rock

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Yes, this replaces the NPC feature that is triggered by CLs/RH/LHs being active under 1h a week.

Report Post Tip
Goodie, like it very much. Thumbs ups, both hands.
Report Post Tip

Whew, shit!! Niiiice!

Report Post Tip

I like this, seems like a good idea to me 👍🏻 

Report Post Tip

The Police Commissioner gets *very frequent updates* from his officers on the activity of criminal enterprises (Every 5 minutes), any actions that take place outside of the XX:X0 and XX:X5 windows would probably go unnoticed however.

The 5 minute thing gives you a small window to catch a mistake and correct it.  You can see a rough idea of the activity level by looking at the crew details that lists the activity of an upper. If its 12:31 and you put in a new LH and see they fall into a dangerous activity tier, you can swap them out before 12:35 and the Commish won't even notice.

Report Post Tip

Well done Squishy. My bodyguards thank you :)

Report Post Tip

Thank you Squishy. This seems like a much better solution to the problem. 

Report Post Tip
If you are a CL and are unable to log more than 1 hour of activity in a week,

Maybe if you can't do the hour in a week you shouldn't have taken the job. Since the game is about being active.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
Nice, when's my interview for police commissioner? xD
Report Post Tip

The Mayor will seize the HQ...

Could I check if this is a last resort type dealio?

i.e. I'm a CL, I'm forced to take a weeks sabbatical unexpectedly and unavoidably (lets say I get exactly one week in the can for public exposure, cos some jealous guy ruined the ladies' fun). I return after the week and have 58 minutes activity over the previous week. Is it safe to assume the severity of these consequences will ramp up over a few days until eventual eviction, or will I return to no HQ and therefore no crew? Or does the NPC simply take control of the HQ HUD and prevent crew actions from happening?

Report Post Tip

Seams to me that much like the NPC crews at present, that you would log in to find that your HQ and assets had been seized literally 5 minutes after your activity dropped below one hour.

Report Post Tip

i.e. I'm a CL, I'm forced to take a weeks sabbatical unexpectedly and unavoidably (lets say I get exactly one week in the can for public exposure, cos some jealous guy ruined the ladies' fun). I return after the week and have 58 minutes activity over the previous week. Is it safe to assume the severity of these consequences will ramp up over a few days until eventual eviction, or will I return to no HQ and therefore no crew? Or does the NPC simply take control of the HQ HUD and prevent crew actions from happening?

There really isn't a reason for consequences to ramp up after this.  The goal is to not trap members in a dead crew, they are no longer trapped in a dead crew.  The crew has been released, and free to reform under new leadership, or recreate their prior hierarchy if they choose.

I would like to think that on day 6 of you being 100% off the grid and unresponsive, your already existing Plan-B will kick into motion and your RHM who already has auth in the event of your death/incapacitation would get everyone transferred to the new HQ to preserve your family and maintain the family's charter. This entire process really is something that only happens when there is an absolutely catastrophic breakdown of all lines of communication and no plan B C D or E was put into place for continuity of power.

Report Post Tip

Seams to me that much like the NPC crews at present, that you would log in to find that your HQ and assets had been seized literally 5 minutes after your activity dropped below one hour.

The civil forfeiture is more of a RP thing btw, it doesn't like, take your credits or the CLs cash or anything... it just removes your HQ, and things tied to that specific HQ.

Report Post Tip

How low is the bar when uppers are winging about being on for 1 hour a week? Don't take the role then, we loose players due to inactivity chat etc. Yes a one off we all get them as stated already that is a reason for excellent comms for CL, PH, LH. An hour a week my god I thin if consistant more needs to be done tbh. Nice change though ty

Report Post Tip

Well what do you suggest Squirrel if this isn't enough? 

Report Post Tip

To be clear Squirrel - I’m not a CL, and I certainly wasn’t whinging, I was just merely seeking clarification. The scenario was an entirely fabricated one… I’d kinda hoped claiming incarceration for public exposure would suggest it wasn’t a serious scenario, alas… Furthermore, I never said I was against this proposal so your pearl clutching is also in vain, I’m afraid. As this is a new change, I was curious precisely what the consequences are, and this is one I didn’t fancy testing for myself.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Mayor and Police Commissioner Keeping The City Clean!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL