Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 16:04:58
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
What keeps you coming back? Started by: Boudicca on May 10, '23 12:39
Ok so I'm curious about what keeps bringing everyone back to the game death after death.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I keep coming back because of the cummunity and the people I call good associates.  This place can become additive if you start talking with people.  

Report Post Tip

People. Long term I’d imagine that’s the case for most people. The game is a structure. The fun is in what the people do with it. The idiots, the geniuses, the good guys and the bad. The whole experience is made from the melting pot of personality. Ascension and collapse, loyalty and betrayal, control and hilarious incompetence. It all comes from the people. And the game needs every kind. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

ohhhh this is a very good question, that i tend to find me asking myself,

I guess i keep coming back because of the range of different people you get to mix with,

everyone is different and you get to chat with people from all different ways of life.

Of course there is the chance you may not get along with some, but there will be people you can.

The events are a plus too.

Report Post Tip
It used to be the people for me now it's just something that allows me to kill time and then be killed
Report Post Tip

This game and me are trauma bonded. 

Report Post Tip

Honestly, the game on it's own does not have too much to offer, some text here and there, click here and there, but the social aspect is for sure what brings and keeps me around.

Report Post Tip

The friends I have made along the way are generally what keeps me sticking around. Whether I am in a family or not seems irrelevant to me because it is the people that make the place.

And sometimes I just cant sleep.

Report Post Tip

I am finding it to be a who you know situation here. if someone is new or does not have a history with people they usually get ignored by most people here. But well known people get put in the spot light time and again no matter what they have done on the current run. But such is the ways of life.

Report Post Tip

I have been asking myself this for years and I simply cannot answer. I feel like it's some parasite that has gotten into me or something. I die over and over again expecting a fun run again but nah. It's like a toxic relationship with a really hot chick, she is stupid, and a little abusive, but you don't want to break it off because she's great in the sack. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It is the people I have gotten to know from around the world. Along with the RP and the fun we all have , someone to talk to when feeling down

Report Post Tip
Most of all the people i have met here.
Also nice to spend some time over here when doing my job and i have all the machine up and running.
Plus who doesnt want to say he’s “connected” ;)
Report Post Tip
I keep coming back due to many factors. I like the game. It doesn’t talk hours a day. It’s kinda fun talking to people here. I also think the whole concept of the game kinda rocks
Report Post Tip

Fuck if I know. Somehow this game just embeds itself in you. You swear you’re done and then boom - you’re logging in every hour to shoot and you’re off. It’s hard to describe exactly what it is that does that to you other than plain old habit.

Report Post Tip

What keeps me coming back?  Honestly if I have to answer that.. Well my friends, that's the only reason. And because of boredom. I just hope I can keep talking to those that consider me their closest friends. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I really just come back occasionally for the people.  Don't play too much anymore (unless someone makes me).  But I have met so many great people over the years, that's why I come back. 

Report Post Tip

ya know what I really don't know. I've always been on the outskirt played since I was quite young really been on\off for 13-14 years and I guess i'd say I keep coming back because I enjoy the grind of the game and although I'd still say I've never rubbed elbows with the elite of the game the community as a whole has always been very accepting, you can strike up a conversation with mostly any one and they will be cordial at the least and apart from randomly getting wiped at random times with seemingly no spark, I have fun while it lasts 

Report Post Tip
I'm not exactly sure. I don't enjoy writing and i think the RP thing is kinda nerdy. I also don't particularly like the grind, especially when competing against players who have significantly more time to dedicate to MR than I have. But..there is something strangely appealing about being a click monkey on this black and grey screen. I can play actively or passively. I can chat about the war in Ukraine, titties, living conditions of seagulls on the east coast vs the West Coast all in #main with the same weirdos who have been playing this game for 10+ years like me. We're all sick.

Maybe one day I'll walk away for good. But I kind of feel that way about all "games"
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I come back with the hope I will survive a war and live to a grand old age. Just kidding its addictive to a point not really sure why but i do keep coming back and have been doing so since the .org days 

Report Post Tip

The main draw in Mafia Returns has always been, and will always be the community and the politcs, whilst the game mechanics have adapted and we've had some bells and whistles added, it's essentially the same game it has been for 2 decades now.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What keeps you coming back?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL