Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 15:32:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Writing Competition Started by: MattCollins on May 18, '23 19:27

MR COLLINS, I HAVE CONSULTED JOURNALS. 

And in doing have realised that hiring judges is no trivial expenditure.  I would therefore like to underwrite the judging costs and have taken the liberty of appointing a military office, and Jeremy as judges, paying them both $80m each.  Just confirm that this is OK with you and I'll approach the Commission. 

This is an independent competition with independent judges and independent prizes. Any outside interference is meaningless.

Report Post Tip

This place is reserved for entrants, MrKuku. Unless you have an entry, kindly move on.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

MrKuku was a high level gangater.  But he didn't have a weapon. He was such a mad dog killer that he wasn't trusted with one.  So instead, he ran Commission approved writing competitions and distributed tens of millions in prizes.

Slowly, the people grew to love him.  And he grew to love them, and not just for the money he gave to others. They loved him because NOBODY DOES in his contests. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Thank you for your entry, MrKuku. Best of luck.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It did not take long for his nickname "Angel on my Shoulder" to catch on after what happened...

This guy, we'll call him Angel for now had just lost everything he had worked so hard for. The markets had turned and he in turn was laid off from the capital firm to which he had devoted the last ten years. Angel had taken to propping up at a bar in Brooklyn day after day wondering what to do with his life. All aspects seemed to be worse and worse and in the end, he didn't want to do it anymore, Angel had always been excellent at the numbers but they just didn't seem to make sense anymore. 

After another night of drinking, Angel wobbled his way home only to find some kind of execution going down in an alleyway. "I've waited for this for a long time...YOU DO NOT GET TO BE CAPO BEFORE ME!" The scream took Angel off guard but the cocking of the gun was louder than any scream could be. Just keep walking...Angel thought you don't need to do this...

To this day we don't know if it was bravery, drunken courage or some combination of the three that made him do what he did next but Angel charged at him, before the guy knew what was going on he was on the ground and Angel stood back up not knowing what he had done. Oh no...he thought, I am so screwed... From behind Angel heard "You were never going to be a capo old "friend" Angel heard the cocking of a gun again. "You were barely even in this thing of ours..." Angel didn't hear anything after that just a ringing in his ears.

After a minute of shocking silence, Angel turned to the man he had saved who was smiling a toothy smile and holding out his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, son, what do they call you?" "A-Angel sir..." He said his voice shaking. "More like the Angel on my Shoulder!" The man said laughing, "Come on, let's get us a drink, I think we both need it." Angel nodded and a new life it appeared, was just starting. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $540,000 Tip

Thank you for your entry, Angelonmyshoulder. Best of luck.

my name is RamsDale. i always wanted to be a goalkeeper from when i could remember but i stumbled into the this place call MR and  i decided to become a gangster  so i hanged up my gloves and boots began a new journey on the shores of MR.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Thank you for your entry, RamsDale. Best of luck to you.

Thank you to everyone who took the time join this little adventure here. The competition has now ended and the winners prizes have been sent to their respective mailboxes.

None of this would be possible without the anonymous credit donations and you yourselves, so once again, thank you for everything.

Without further delay, the winners of the Writing Competition:

3rd place, Kelly_Kapowski. Wonderful read, thank you for painting the picture for us all.

2nd place, Wellerman. Job well done integrating a “shadowy” organization pulling the strings from behind the scenes.

and our 1st place winner, Angelonmyshoulder. Job well done showing the decisions that must be made daily around these parts.

Thank you once again to everyone who took the time to swing by. Additional gifts will be distributed just because.

ps, just in case anyone brings anything into doubt.

May 25, 04:10:53 You transferred 5.00 credits to |Kelly_Kapowski. The note "Thank you for entering the Writing Competition. Congratulations on your third place finish." was included.
  May 25, 04:10:11 You transferred 10.00 credits to |Wellerman. The note "Thank you for entering the Writing Competition. Congratulations on second place." was included.
  May 25, 04:09:16 You transferred 30.00 credits to Angelonmyshoulder. The note "Thank you for entering the Writing Competition. Congratulations on first place." was included.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Total scam.  I don't want the paltry $500k.  I'll donate it to a non-entrant.  Get in touch. 

Report Post Tip

Oh, please, wonderful Sir MrKuku, please regal us with how this was a total scam? Is it a scam because you put zero effort in and didn’t “win”? 

Congratulations Angelonmyshoulder, on your fantastic entry and first place! 

Congratulations MattCollins, for a well run, fair and free-from-fatality writing competition. 

Congratulations MrKuku, you embarrassed yourself again. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,060,000 Tip

"I agree with Mr TinyTim, congratulations on a well done writing competition and without shenanigans. We definitely need more of those!"

MattCollins and Colonel_Ives, I rebuke you both. I award you zero respect.

I'd duel both of you, if I had a weapon. 

Neither of you truly understanding. 

Send me money, and tips. 

Report Post Tip

"It seems you don't respect anyone that attempts to make competitions without your 'consent' which is obviously not needed. Also, i don't need respect from someone like you. I daresay if you respected me, i would consider it a personal insult. Therefore i'm obliged to say that your reputation precedes you and apparently nobody respects you either.

You're like the child in the playgroud that thinks you own all the toys, when the truth is that you can't stand to see people having fun without the ball you brought. Keep whining, it's funny."

The colonel walks away laughing.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

MrKuku, send me another $20 million. I didn't enter your competition. 

Report Post Tip

Wow! Thanks everyone that was a really fun story to write, thank you so much!!!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip
Truly sad to see Kuku embarring himself again but honestly no surprise.

Well done with this competition, missed it but no lost.

Grats the three winner also, truly the 3 best ones.
Report Post Tip

LonelyWolf, please explain how I embarrassed myself?  Do the analysis yourself, kindly don't consult a futuristic mechanised entity. 

Just leave it MrKuku, no big deal meaning at all on that mister. Take care and have a wonderful time continusly.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Writing Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL