Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:14
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Godfather Roman Started by: JesseJames on Oct 17, '11 06:51

Its pretty obvious why were all gathered here today for so ill cut to the chase

Godfather Roman,

I’ll start by saying that what you’ve accomplished cannot be put into words.

It started with all of the odds placed against you, nobody including myself thought that you’d survive the initial onslaught. There were so many cards against us early on, but by sheer persistence you would stand strong. Approximately a year later, here we are, and you’ve accomplished what no one person in the history of the mafia has. I can go on and on about your accomplishments, but I don’t have that kind of time. Let’s start by getting a bit personal, shall we?

When this all started about a year ago, I won’t sit here and lie to anyone…I hardly knew you, and what I had learned about you Roman I didn’t like. Over the past year getting to know you has been quite a joy, like every RHM/GF tandem we have our ups and downs. It’s taken time to get used to one another since clearly we think differently, which brings me to another thing I should be thanking you for. Since the times of FlyingPig and Anita I have not learned more about the mafia business than I have with you. The knowledge I have gained through watching you run Chicago is honestly priceless, you’re beyond a great mind, you’re a special Mafioso. The more I’ve gotten to know you the more I appreciate you not only as a Mafioso, but more importantly as a friend. Thank you for your wisdom, again…it is honestly priceless.

As for your reign on top, all I can say is who would have thought?! With unbelievably powerful families already in power…who rises from the rubble? None other than yourself and your band of merry men and women. The man everyone thought would be dead within a few weeks. I think against all odds is an understatement. The process was very gradual like many successful businesses. Like many of us you are a product of the great Deimne, and from Deimne you rose with Colin. Colin’s life as many know was ended prematurely and you were forced to rise to power. Through negotiation you were able to combat the forces of which wanted you dead on the spot along with the rest of Colin’s family which you now took full responsibility for. You fulfilled your promises to Colin, which you presented before everyone not too long ago. Not many can say they’ve fulfilled all the goals of their lifetime, but you clearly can. Politically you were able to establish a good communication with TheDean, which gave what is now Chicago a chance to flourish.

In the history of my bloodline, never have I seen any one individual run a city so tight as you. You had a zero tolerance for imperfection and motivated the city to become the power we have become today. As an example to your zero tolerance policy I remember specifically a time when a protection list was posted on the streets, and being the ambitious fellow that I always have been shot a member on that protection list. We made right with the city that posted the protection and I thought all was done, well I was naïve to think that I wouldn’t be punished….At the time I was a Don and I was demoted to WiseGuy for my actions. Again, your standards are really second to none. The whole time you’ve been in power you’ve never appeared to be a weak city head, even initially when certain Mafioso’s clearly could have put a bullet in you. Looking back on it all, I think it goes without saying that you’re the epitome of what we all aim to become. I cannot even begin thanking you enough for allowing me to be a part of this great thing we have.

You’ve brought this thing of ours to a new era of business, a cleaner more profitable place of business and livelihood.

I think I speak for everyone in Chicago when I say that it’s been a rough ride, but an enjoyable one.  You’re someone that I will always look up to not only for your accomplishments but because of the wisdom you’ve shared with me.  Thank you.

I won’t be taking any more time as I know many others want to get a word in, and appreciate the accomplishment of Godfather Roman.

Congratulations Godfather Roman   

Report Post Tip

So what is a 2 year anniversary gift? Silver? Gold? Hookers?

Congrats Roman on a hell of an achievement. I'm glad you've carried me along for the ride. (Because lets face it, I know I am a lot heavier to hit the road with than Fork)

Report Post Tip

Congrats Roman on two years! I havnt been here that long but longg enough to know that it is a great achievment. Long live the Empire!

Report Post Tip

lol wildcard. haha probably plenty of gold and hookers xD

Congratulatiosn Godfather Roman on your 2nd year. Long live Roman

Report Post Tip

People can say what they like about Roman, but regardless of their opinion he has achieved something that I have witnessed no other achieve.

2 years in this life of crime is a long long time. I would imagine it'll be some time before we ever see another person achieve such longevity, especially when you consider it hasn't been smooth sailing all the way. Chicago has gone from Underdog to Topdog during this reign of Romans, and its all down to the hard work he demands from himself and those around him.

I am thankful for my time in Chicago and like to think i've learned from this man, but I know there is so much more to learn before I could ever reach such a pinnacle.

Congratulations Roman, 2 years is an amazing feat.

Report Post Tip

Well first I would like to say Congrats on this incredible journey. Looking back at my family's journals I see that my gran gran gran gran... (you get the hint) mother, Pipoca, was there on the day war broke out and you were left to take over. She was so unsure of everything. She was filled with doubts on whether she should trust you and help you, mostly because our families lines were known enemies for so long. Pipoca decided to help. She joined you and helped you get a family for you to become a godfather.

From that day on my family line and yours started to build a new history. Slowly we have started to build trust and also friendship. I've met a Roman that not many people get to. You were there for me many and many times on a professional and personal level and I could never thank you enough for it. You know exactly what I'm talking about. You never needed to do those things but you chose to walk the extra mile and reach me in times of need and not everyone is willing to do that.

I have to say that I believe it was simply amazing the way you have managed to survive that very first war. Convincing all those leaders to keep you alive was unbelievable. I believe that is one of the keys to your success, the way you get people on your side even in times that you could be easily beaten down, which was the case back then. You have managed to form alliances through those times to guarantee your safety while you could build the city of Chicago into the power house that it is today. No one can deny or take that from you.

However, just like any decent journey, not everything is perfect and our road was, and will, continue being very rocky. We are both highly opinionated people that never want to back down so we have our moments. We have our disagreements and even arguments. Sometimes we simply can't see eye to eye and we have to agree on disagreeing but we have learned to deal with each other and also with that silly sally JesseJames. It's on the rocky roads that we can see the strength of a true family. Chicago has turned into a big beautiful family.

I believe that, once again, your family line has fulfilled everything a mafioso could wish for. You have a life of success, a city that backs you up, allies willing to loose their lives for you and more power then anyone could ever dream of having.

Congratulations Roman! today is a day of celebration! You worked for this, you played your cards right and you deserve it.

Report Post Tip

congratulations Roman! it's such an honor to be one of you member. Some people told me that Roman is so strict when it comes to his family but then i proved them wrong. he is such a great man i swear.

Report Post Tip

Two years is a great achievement I must admit. Great job Godfather Roman 356 days to go and we will be talking about three successful years. Congrats again big guy.

Report Post Tip

Two years is a great achievement I must admit. Great job Godfather Roman 356 days to go and we will be talking about three successful years. Congrats again big guy.

Report Post Tip

2 years wow is it that long already?

I can remember as a child the war where you came out from denimes family to work with Colin in Philly, the moment where Colin died and you took on his family and worked closely with TheDean to bring our world back from the brink of anarchy. It was an alliance of friendship that allowed Chicago to grow to the powerhouse it has become today.

Through hard work devotion and leading by example you have created a golden period in our history for earning and profitability. All this done in the face of unfounded accusations of admin cheating and favour. The dedication and perservearance you have shown is a shining example to anyone wanting to know what it takes to excel in our world.

Congratulations godfather Roman and happy birthday.

Report Post Tip

Godfather Roman, congratulations on this unrivaled achievement. Two years and still going strong. I have to say it's been a pleasure to work along side of you in the creation and building of the empire you stand over today. I remember well our struggles and trials. Many sleepless nights of wars and worry. I think the thing that people underestimate the most is the work and dedication you've put into the empire.

It doesn't seem that long ago I joined Godfather Gwarble's family in Philadelphia where you were acting as a Right Hand Man to Colin. I remember well the attack that, thankfully, took Godfather Gwarble from us. From the chaos we found ourselves together in Chicago, you taking the position of Godfather in an attempt to defend Colin, and me as one of the very few remaining useful guns. Through some hard fighting by both of us and some slick diplomacy on your part, we found our way through the conflict and the Roman Empire was born.

Over the following months I took the position of Crew Leader and we grew the Empire, with the help of many others, into a bastion of money and power. It wasn't easy. There were many wars that followed. Perhaps the worst of which came about shortly after the Empire's creation when New Orleans sporting two of the biggest guns in the game struck down Colin and Evangeline and turned their sites on the Empire. With the vast majority of the useful guns of Chicago dead the handful that remained spent that long night bitterly fighting to the end. And the end came. Just not for the Empire.

Your guidance has lead my family line to do more than I had even hoped to do. From giving me my first auth to setting the stage for my run as a Godfather, I could not have done it without you. I thank you for allowing me to grow and learn and become better for it. I've always enjoyed our chats and especially our planning sessions...we came up with some really good ones. Thank you for making Chicago a great home, not only for me, but the so many others that have helped the Empire grow and succeed.

I toast to your continued health and success. Bismarck raises his glass. To the man of the hour! Cheers Roman!

Report Post Tip

Congrats Sir

You should be proud of this achievement

Salut!

Report Post Tip

Easy wakes up at the bar and hears someone saying BDaY!! In a slight daze Easy lits a cig and looks at the date on his watch.

Wow. Can't believe noone reminded me this day was appraoching.

Finishing his whiskey, Easy makes his way to his car and speeds up to the annoucment. Seeing Jynx confirmed to him his watch is indeed dead. Easy glance up as Roman is standing near a podium addressings the masses and nods his head in excitment. Upon hearing the end, Easy nods and walks up to the godfather od the city he calls home.

Happy Bday boss. You have made the world and our fair city proud. I hope to see many more and can't be more happy to stand by your side awaiting them.

Report Post Tip

Listens intently to the influx of responses

Again, and I hate to echo the sentiment of others, what a fantastic achievement this has been, to live here for such a period af time, and be through all sorts of shit is remarkable.

Congratulations godfather in such a feat

Report Post Tip

Joey claps loudly.

Congratulations Godfather Roman!

Report Post Tip

Godfather Roman,

Its a great honour to serve alongside you at the time of your 2 year aniversary as you are aware its a great accomplishment!

Ive known your bloodline for some time and have always held yourself with respect and honour!

congratulations mate.

Report Post Tip

What can i say? I havent known you very long. You have been head of Chicago since i first came to these shores after TheDean left. From what i do know of you, i have respect for you.

Congratulations on your achievements.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Roman,

You've been a great man from the very start. You worked hard for this and well with time and persistence you've managed to outlive anyone. You've come under attack many times before and you stood strong and proved that you're resilient. You're a figure head for everyone and you have a great city behind you.

I can only hope you wish to remain at the helm for much longer after all.. you're getting old now. That time where you use a Zimoframe is getting closer and closer. Congratulations on your second year and thank you for all that you've given me in my time in Chicago. I really do appreciate it my friend.

Mrs-Doubtfire smiles at Roman and pats him on the back gently. After all.. she doesn't want to break his ever coming brittle bones in his old age.

Report Post Tip

Mrs-Doubtfire

You're not quite right.  What Roman has achieved has been absolutely incredible - unrivalled - but he has almost never come under attack.  In fact, I have it on fairly good authority that shots have been fired at him no more than three times and possibly only twice.  No-one has touched his BGs.  In short - personally, Roman hasn't been subject to much of a threat at all.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Roman, this is an amazing achievement! One what should be cherished and proud of.

Enjoy the day, one i am sure you will remember for a long time to come.

Happy birthday.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather Roman
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL