Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 04:43:11
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
What are you Reading Started by: Yaveo on Dec 08, '23 13:58

what are you reading?

Provide the name and author so others can easily find it.

Give us a little review.

Let us know your opinion on it

Give us a 1-5 star rating with 5 being the highest =  ⭐️ or *

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I've just finished reading "what are you reading" by Yaveo. It was short but succinct and I give it a 4/5.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I am currently reading a book called CONNECT FIRST by Melanie Katzman 

so far I’m in the 8th chapter. It appears to be all about making good impressions using manners to help cultivate a good workplace culture. The first seven chapters are things I would say should be expected but obviously aren’t: “smile” “say please” “say thankyou” etc. The book is broken into seven parts and the latter parts is where I really want to be as that seems to be what I desire to grow in.

I like the style of it. I may change my review in the future when I finish it but I will give it  ⭐️ 🌟 ⭐️ for now. Chapters are quick, she gets to the point, layout is nice. This first part just feels underwhelming to me.

I just started reading long live the pumpkin queen by Shea Ernshaw. I'm on chapter seven.

Report Post Tip
I am reading the innocent. By David Baldacci. It's about a government hired assassin that had a target but couldn't pull the trigger. There was a,government cover up and it involved the parents of a 14 yr old girl Julie whom he must protect with his life.
Any David Baldacci books are a 5 out of 5 for me. Once the characters are introduced and intertwine you can't put the book down.
Report Post Tip

I'm currently reading several books as always! the one closest to me is "Barbarians at the gate" by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar is a classic a friend of mine who works in Mergers and Acquisitions in London loves and is always telling me to read.  

All the suspense of a first-rate thriller - one of the finest, most compelling accounts of what happened to corporate America and Wall Street in the 1980s. ― New York Times Book Review

One of the greatest business books ever written ― New York Times

It's hard to imagine a better story ― Chicago Tribune

The most bizarre financial mock-epic of our age. Read it open-mouthed; wonder and shudder. ― Independent 

and with the tag line 

"The rules where simple. Never pay in cash. Never tell the truth never play by the rules"   it talks about the battle for control of a tobacco company in the 1980s where high finance and a bull market not to mention the movie wallstreet made everyone bloody thirsty for money!  

its definitely been an interesting read so far!  only 100 pages in but im enjoying it. 

and for those who think... seem interesting but.... reading ... meh... 

it was released as a movie by HBO in 1993 with the same name! 

I dont know what I am doing here. I think I am just doing this for a task! :P

Report Post Tip
Currently, I am reading nothing. However, if I were to be, I'd be reading any book written by Steven King. That man is a true genius!

I recently finished reading Dune and right now I have Doom Messiah on hold. I think both books became much more popular when the movies came out.

Wheel of time book 11 The Gathering Storm

it is an audio book :)

Report Post Tip

I just finished The Wager by David Grann and it was really good. It's a nonfiction account of the mutiny on the HMS Wager in the 1700's. And that's just the beginning of an increasingly wild story. Grann is the same journalist who wrote Killers of the Flower Moon, which is also a very good book (and now a movie, which I haven't seen yet). 

Report Post Tip

Just finished with the Brigador audiobook. Both the writing (Brad Buckmaster) and narration (Ryan Cooper) were top notch. Great piece of military sci-fi. Offers an interesting view into revolutions and what happens when societies collapse. Also, big, stompy robots are cool. 

Report Post Tip

I read Kut the little night light

Great book, shalt take the moment to check upon these happenings

Report Post Tip

Lately I've been reading Lit RPG's, Namely He Who Fights With Monsters, Divine Dungeon and Defiance of the Fall.

I also read a lot of Tamora Pierce, Mercedes Lacky and.. well I read a lot of stuff XD

Report Post Tip

Im currently reading 'Absolute Power' of David Baldacci. It's about a murder crime that the president of the United States committed. But there was a unknown witness who wants to bring the truth to the light of day. Only this isn't that easy to do.

Report Post Tip
I am currently reading a book called "Battles of Old Belgrade" which follows the city of Belgrade from the first day of its founding by the Celts until the bombing of Nazi Germany on April 6, 1941.
Report Post Tip

Been on a high fantasy kick for a few weeks now. It’s so amazing!! A court of wings and ruin! 

Big fan of the Tom Clancy series of books, started reading it recently and I am on book 4 but I think there is something like 30 books in it. Got into it because of the Jack Ryan show on Amazon.

Report Post Tip

I'm not ready any now, but I have few books that I want to read.

mostly now I read Manhwa they are good and fun to spend some time on them too and I enjoy them :3

Report Post Tip

Kosiya Kifefe, is about history of Uganda, how different politicals and supporters fix and break Uganda all the time.   It is why we will never be a strong country with greedy, stupid people

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What are you Reading
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL