Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:01:24
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Las Vegas: A Godfather Council Announcement Started by: AlabamaWorley on Nov 14, '11 16:45

I don't think anyone is looking to run anyone into the ground, while they'll be a million miles behind every other GF because of the regulations, it'll be a fair fight amongst their peers.

All in all, some coward is probably gonna sit back, gain GF points and jump in. Everything happening now will end up being purely for show unfortunately. I hope it doesn't end up going like that though.

Report Post Tip

with regards to 4 and 8 also, where sgt slaughters scratched phillys back what if they offer to repay the favour down the line?

leadership is about communication, delegation and building a power base so is there flexibility

Report Post Tip

One quick question about one of the rules:

3) Nobody who is Extremely Well Protected, Obscenely Well Protected or Insanely Well Protected is eligible for this opportunity.

I take it no body who is EWP/OWP/IWP can set up in Las Vegas. What if a leader set up a headquarters there and acheived EWP while he was a leader? Allowable?

Or do we say no purchising of BGs while in LV?

Report Post Tip

I would first ask if a potential leader is allowed to be demoted for BG's.

And then your question.

Report Post Tip

No that ones fine Mikey dont you worry about that :)

Back to my question?

Report Post Tip

You need 30 family members to be able to take the rank of Godfather. My only concern with all that it, when someone actually manages to recruit a sufficient amount of people and also racks up a decent protection it will still be an easy shot for a lot of people out there. Before anyone reaches Godfather there will most likely be 1 or 2 people who don't like the idea of that someone getting it and then ask to be set up in Las Vegas and take the shot.

Report Post Tip

What if a group of LV leaders decide that no more auths shall be necessary and close the city on their own? Does the godfather council still have power over the city? Or if someone is voted as the acting godfather of LV, will the rest of the cities intervene if they decide to close the city to new open auths?

The leaders of LV can declare all they like, the fact remains the City is Open until one of them reaches Godfather. Anyone moving to Vegas does so at their own risk, if the current crop of leades settled in that City declare they will open fire on anyone else setting up shop, then that is the risk you take in setting up.

The GFC Will only get involved in how things go down in Vegas, if it effects Cities out with Vegas. I.e. Last night it seems Vegas leaders made an attempt on Philly, Philly leaders then nullified that threat. This course of action is fine, as there was an apparent threat to outside of Vegas with their actions.

All in all, some coward is probably gonna sit back, gain GF points and jump in. Everything happening now will end up being purely for show unfortunately. I hope it doesn't end up going like that though.

Just because someone plays it smart, doesn't make them a coward.

I take it no body who is EWP/OWP/IWP can set up in Las Vegas. What if a leader set up a headquarters there and acheived EWP while he was a leader? Allowable?

The rule plainly permits those from setting up with the status of EWP and above. This is a measure to ensure people taking this chance are all afforded the same opportunity. If someone sets up and then wishes to use their funds to enhance their protection then they should feel free to do so.

Report Post Tip

That's not the way I see it, if you're afraid to fight for something and would rather wait to where no harm could possibly come to you, you're a coward. Certainly not a leader, you wouldn't even fight for it.

That's just my opinion of course.

Report Post Tip

They won't be able to wait that long, one person with Gf points can't take out two crews with 15 people or even more in there without lots of outside help imo, especially if they aren't allowed to have a large amount of bgs, but thats the way I see it.

Report Post Tip

(is it just me or does it feel like this should've ended up in the OOC since we are all replying and responding way out of character about this issue, my last response and this one included)

Report Post Tip

all it will take is one cl sitting in a preoccupied city with a thirty man crew already. godfather points ready to go. purchase new hq  challenge godfather transfer members. wham bam thank you mam las vegas is yours

Report Post Tip

2) You may only take with you a RHM and a LHM.

Report Post Tip

Would someone please care to clarify the members bit. So you can only take a RH and LHM with you..Caveman had 10 members at one point :/

Report Post Tip

You can only take one RHM and LHM with you. There is clearly no stipulation to the recruitment that is allowed to take place aftewards.

Report Post Tip

I am really happy with this decision i hope it makes or breaks some mobsters very smart and thoughtout 

Report Post Tip

Sprozz - 4) There will be no outside influence from any individual from any other city - you're on your own!

That to me suggests no recruitment of already sponsored members as there is no influence permitted.

Report Post Tip

the way i read it, recruitment may only to unsponsored. you cannot ask a sponsored member to come join you.

anyone willing to back me up or fix my reasoning?

Report Post Tip

Yes Philli, you may only take a sponsored member that will be your RH or LH, all others must be recruited when they are unsponsored, or at least to my understanding that is how things stand.

If I were a Consig/Don with a few mil I'd go for it. Although in order to take full control of a city you must become Godfather, and raking in 30 members won't be easy so you'd need to either have reasonable recruitment skills or you're some kind of pillar to the community with some pull or flair, which would mean sons and daughters of past mafiosi would flock to you.

Perhaps another way would be if coffee shop friendship groups would enter Las Vegas and control it as a group, which would pretty much solidify their position in LV as a strength in numbers scenario, anyone entering LV and giving this idea ago outside of the friendship group would then be killed.

As it is, we have two people set up who don't stick out in my mind as being exciting in the streets and are completely independent. I would be surprised if they lasted a week, although the only one who has shown any hope thus far is Sgt_Slaughter and I'm not entirely sure how he pulled it off tbh. But kudos regardless.

Report Post Tip

3) Nobody who is Extremely Well Protected, Obscenely Well Protected or Insanely Well Protected is eligible for this opportunity.

Does that include the Right and Left Hand?

Report Post Tip

I would presume that to be correct Funtcase. Would only be fair in all honesty.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Las Vegas: A Godfather Council Announcement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL