Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 20:38:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 
What the f**k is going on in Philly? Started by: FattyFats on Nov 15, '11 19:29

This game is quite amusing, isn't it?

Report Post Tip

I guess it's about time that I finally said something. Yes, I'm aware that what FattyFats has been saying has been a bit..out there, let me assure you that I have the utmost respect for LottaBeEssen and her leadership in Philly.  

I actually do believe in freedom of speech and allowing people to speak as they want, but of course there is a line.  Do I think FattyFats crossed it enough here to deserve punishment? No, clearly I don't. As has been pointed out he's recent been made. As to why, that's none of your fucking business. 

Report Post Tip

Well said Monet well said

Report Post Tip

I don't think anybody should be telling an acting GF that they are lacking leadership skills, or that they should step down, whatever position they are in. It's helpful to advise people and say 'Oh, bad idea in my eyes' but to shoot someone down and say they aren't good enough to be in power, is damn right disrespectful.

At the end of the day, Philly is Philly, Chicago is Chicago, Detroit is Detroit et cetera et cetera. 'What the fuck is going on in Philly' is exactly Philly's business, and no one elses, you wouldn't expect a Philly member to come to the streets and ask what the fuck is going on in Chicago, or any other city, so why should you be inquiring into the state of things in Philly?

Leave them be, let them do their thing, and we'll do ours.

Report Post Tip

" !00% agree with you there Pratster my concern is N.O I really have no idea what FattyFats problem is and really it should be of no concern to him last i knew he wore Chicago tags "

Report Post Tip

Exactly would be a different story i think if we said something regarding their city and how it was run valid point or not

Report Post Tip

Everybody is free to say whatever they choose to say, in the knowledge that they run the risk of stepping over the line

If everybody kept their beak firmly within the wings of their own cities and families, it would be a rather dull and uneventful world we would live in. I like to make it my business to know whats happening across our cities. Both for the safety and protection of my own city, but also because i'm just a nosey git

In this particular instance if Lotta has taken offence to anything that has been said then im sure she's a big enough girl to handle the matter herself and to defend her city if she feels its necessary. Alternatively the said persons own crew leader could pull said person up about his street conduct, if they deem it unacceptable. Subsequently neither has happened, as it turns out FattyFats has raised a few valid points that have led to a stirred debate of interesting and varied responses

Jax

Report Post Tip

LotteBEssen, I love you!!!

Report Post Tip

Well I am fairly pleased. Pleased that Philly have proved me wrong. With the likes of PimpHand and Pharol coming out in defence of their city. Ihave been proved wrong. There is some talent in Philly. So top speakers. Some ability. Now I do not know the workings of the city, but I only hope LottaBEssen has noticed these fine young chaps and is going to put them too good use. They represent the city in a good, strong light. Unlike some others who have come to the streets with one sentence responses which add nothing. PimpHand, Pharol, I can completely understand what you are saying, where you are coming from, and wish you all the like. Clearly a bright future.

As for most of the bitching in here, I was merely highlighting some issues which I have noticed in passing. What is interesting is people moan in the coffee shops about the streets being quiet. The explosion of debate in this topic, and the spoof debates it has sprung, justify it being here. Good luck to Philly and I hope the city becomes great again! It has some bright stars.

Report Post Tip

Philly shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes like philly has always done proving people wrong and always produce a small but strong group of mafioso the people from philly truly define the word work win or lose we are here

Report Post Tip

I really only have two things to say: 1. Since when did things like "boom boxes" appear in our era-specific street pieces? Put your new fangled toys away if you want people to pay attention. 2. If you weren't ever a part of Philly, during all these shenanigans, then please explain why we are supposed to listen to your version of events?

This bit of yours particularly interests me:

Hurly, the point is that her neutrality caused her to drop her guard and not seek protection. Had she joined Jade, she would not of died by Jades gun, and wouldve taken pro-wacks. Had she joined The Aillied Forces, she wouldve been provided with the prowacks needed to surivive. By being neutral, she assumed she was safe...

First you assume that neutrality does not come with pro-wacking. What kind of idiot stands around in a war, in a position of power, and doesn't get pro-wacked? Neutrality be damned, it has nothing to do with protection. But apparently if you ever wanted to stay neutral, you'd just screw pro-wacking and let yourself be shot. (Now, don't argue this... I'm sure you'd say you'd never declare neutrality, which is fine. It's a moot point.) Neutral people still wish to protect themselves (that's basically ALL neutrality does, in case you were confused), so really saying that she let her guard down and did not seek protection simply because you don't understand the connotation of the word... does not make it true. In fact, it simply makes you look ignorant and misguided. And we wouldn't want that.

To clear the air on that, Cassi was seeking pro-shots to keep herself safe, however a serious lack of communication (which is evident) did not allow for a pro-shot to be taken in time. Going back to what Hurley has said, YES... Jade shot Cassi because she wanted to get more gun points and simply because she could. Things happen. Had Cassi joined up with Jade (and here you've not even considered that she'd want to join up with the other side and completely nullify your point) perhaps she wouldn't have been shot by Jade. She'd have been shot by someone else all in a huff about a war. So really, that whole argument of yours is moot. It serves no purpose other than to drag the name of a decent CL/acting GM through the mud. Way to go on that.

You may wonder why I even give a damn, seeing as how I'm not a very important face around here, but it's simple. I was there and you've got it wrong. I won't argue about the LottaBEssen stuff, because really... I can't agree with a lot of the things she's been doing. However, my issue isn't with your take on Lotta's case. My issue is with your handling of the Cassi issue. You're not telling people what really happened, you're telling your own skewed version of the facts. And really, I can't figure out why you care anyway. What's in it for you other than a bunch of huff and puff? The Philly we have now will either take care of itself or it won't. Case closed. Why stir a pot that so obviously doesn't need another swirl? I think we know there's already enough cooks in that kitchen.

Report Post Tip

You can add falsifying W/S to bloodline hunt people to this infamous litany of ineptitude.

Report Post Tip

And you wonder why people wont let go Get over yourself this world is and never has been all about you.

Cry me a river mate

Report Post Tip

Maybe if you stopped doing things like posting your hate in old threads and bringing all the attention to yourself maybe people would forget or maybe even forgive.

Report Post Tip

Mickey...you just DONT help yourself do you

Report Post Tip

Ah thrashing on a months old post funny isnt it

and mickey if you wonder why people cant let go of the past its because of things like this , You are from LV so why not stick to things that concern LV and not other cities

Report Post Tip

First of:

1. respect to all.

2. Whats goes in philly is phillies business as much as it doesnt go wandering aroudn other cities, everybody should mind there own biz.

Now:

1. We make sandwiches here in Philly they are pretty famous.

2. Now this isnt barbieland neither disneyland rmopg, this is the mafia! of course even in real life you get some innocent kileld and some lsot bulelts, so why cant you ahve them here as well.

I know its a shame, yet restarting when you ahve less than 48hours, isnt such a bad deal.

3. We have learn better than to discuss the Boss authority and decision, we just do what the boss says, we might not have any clue why, but this is what trust in the boss is all about, they have plan, visions and insight that us soldiers dont have.

4. You may agree or not on the decision or the way things are being taken care of, then just do them then ask why but do them 1st.

5. Obviously if someone is being chosen as the headfamily then there must be more than a reason, and more likely because nobody else is suited enough or want the position.

it takes dedication and time and diplomacy.

6. of course new boss can make some parcours path taking the longer way to a shortcut.

But thats their responsability thats why they are boss, and when We mess up thats still their responsabilty to answer for our action eventhough we deserve to bite the bullet.

Here its like art, you may critic it, but at the end can anyone else do better?

that was my 3 cents,

I ve been changin a lot of families since all thoses wars and all, but I ll always be loyal and respectfull nonetheless and  I wont put back ion question the decision made, i rather shoot myself if i were to always question everything, we aint in philosophy rpg .

thanks all.

BSL.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What the f**k is going on in Philly?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL