Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 05:55:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Announcement: Your Days Are Numbered. Started by: RupertGiles on Feb 04, '24 23:19

Well look, it seems like I've taken this discussion in a direction where it doesn't really need to go. I think if people are honest with themselves, they can recognise that the murder of people at 11 days or 10-12 days on any sort of scale is more likely to be hyperbole and they were older than that. If I'm wrong or if you believe something else, fair enough. You should still get yourself a crew rather than remain unsponsored. 

Report Post Tip

"How far does a gangster or goomba expect to go in this life on their own? Even the gods have made it so they can't progress far. And while I am pretty perceptive, I can't read minds unfortunately. Often times I have no idea if someone is carrying a gun to kill me or not. So there is that to consider.

It was mentioned that I am painting all of the uncrewed population with a broad brush. But then it is said that all crew leaders are going too far in their due diligence and that they are to blame for the vagrant issue. Breaking it down, If you apply for work but then refuse to answer even the basic questions, what am I to think of you? Alsol It should not take generations to peddle wares. And frankly, those just innocently shopping in business districts, or sipping coffee in lounges...while being deemed a gangster and without a crew... well,  It's insulting really if I think on it! They really are no more than a petty thug, not mafioso. But perhaps that is a prayer to the gods. 

However, if short memory still serves me right, I think conclusions can be drawn. And since there are those willing to pay the punishment to mitigate the problem, I don't see the issue. No one is free from consequence, we all know the risks, yes? 

I welcome those who knock at my door, and to take the time to answer a few questions. I don't tie anyone up and force them to speak. I can promise you, the issue is not with my effort, nor with most crew leaders and recruiters. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Sylence had been watching and listening to the mobsters in the street debating. The air was much warmer on this February evening and it was starting to get near midnight as he ordered another drink and quickly smashed it back before throwing the glass onto the ground watching it shatter into one hundred sharp pieces all reflecting off the streetlight and the bars lights that was flashing behind him. He adjusted his watch and jacket before speaking up to a few people standing close by

I think this is a excellent policy and I remember when was a thug brand new to our streets one of the first things I was taught is that you need to find a family and some protection as these streets are dangerous and I think that stands true now more than ever. It is best to find a family and even simple to switch if you want down the road in most cases, but walking around by yourself in a sea of thieves and criminals on my turf untaxed definitely could be problematic... just in my opinion

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Clarity rolled her eyes over one complaint in particular, but the rest all seemed to fall into the same category as well.

"The simple version here is...My friends aren't in power and I don't want to join the families that are here. So I rather sit here than join a crew -even though I've been warned about what could happen if I don't! This has been the way of things for ages. So while I know one person will never stop complaining to get their way and dies when they don't. Hopefully, the rest of you all can find some peace or new friends."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

That’s wildly misrepresenting what’s been discussed for the most part. It’s been a fairly open and respectful discussion, so I’m not entirely sure why the eye rolling is necessary. Essentially, people have been told that - contrary to the wishes of the Gods, and despite a change in the very laws that govern the laws of nature on these shores, that people are not going to be allowed to seek refuge under the divine protections put in place. Why you think there wouldn’t be some sort of push back against that, Clarity is a mystery to me. Criticise the subject, by all means, but to attack people for responses that have been fabricated from what I can see is disingenuous at best and disrespectful to the discussion at hand, in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

"Just because you want to use a lot of words to say what I said. Doesn't mean it's misrepresenting anything. There is no reason to wait so long besides nefarious reasons to find a family, if you wanna sell drugs do so in a family that provides protection, it's literally explained to everyone. Before it the homeless having to reach out, not the leaders. Just because the gods have changed things doesn't change what is really being said.

And on a side note, there is no respect needed for someone who doesn't give me any either. Someone who only respects their own wishes and wants, selfish people are not worthy in my book, but don't worry I am not talking about you."

Shakes her head.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Your words say one thing and your actions say another. I haven’t been disrespectful in any of my appearances here, I wouldn’t say. I’ve strived to be measured, calm and engaging with the topic at hand. I haven’t taken to partaking in disrespectful gestures, yet I’m now on the receiving end. You can see how I view that as disingenuous debate, right?

Regardless, back to the topic at hand. As I’ve said previously; perhaps the style of leadership doesn’t sit well with some of the members who remain on the streets. Their options now are: die, join a crew whose morals don’t align with yours, or emigrate out of the country. None are particularly great, I’m sure you would agree. I’m simply saying that is not what the Gods want, which is why they installed the protections that they have, and why I think it’s a poor decision to play chicken with a deity.

Report Post Tip

"but don't worry I am not talking about you."

"That's all I am reiterating on that point, since you wish to still take offense."

"As for the other point, you must not be from around here or have many ancestors. The goal of the gods is to have people join families. Just because someone doesn't like any of them doesn't give anyone the right to sit crewless and do as they please. So yes, the rule of thumb has always been - even with some slight changes...join a family, take a vacation, or die."

I think it's a good idea to join a crew, the leader of the crew then helps to keep you safe.  Nobody else can attack you without fear of retribution. 

I am not ashamed to say that i did time in a prison, as a prisoners.  The prisoners needed protection and they got it.  But the currency inside prison isn't like outside.  Outside prison currency is usually money, or other assets.  Inside prison, value is attached to different things.  A lot of the men capable of the type of ultra violence necessary to protect inmates are usually exploitative types, often displaying negative attitudes towards concepts like kindness and sharing.  So it is incumbent on the potential victim inmate to select his protector carefully.  I've seen too many bad choices.  One prison protector  named Trojan wound up protecting a University freshman named Liberace.  Liberace was a chemistry student and promised Trojan that he'd make him whatever chemicals he liked.  There was a terrible misunderstanding, and Liberace ended up unable to produce the drugs Trogan wanted.  They made it work eventually  with lectures and tutorials.  Trojan wanted to get a degree when he got out, so Liberace would often hold study groups into the night with Trojan, occasionally some of his friends.  Last i heard  they opened a little private college; Liberogen Labs.

I would cut hair for my protector, a kind, but wild, man named Big Ape

Report Post Tip

And on a side note, there is no respect needed for someone who doesn't give me any either.

Shakes her head.

Again - I haven’t disrespected you in any manner, yet you feel the need to derisively shake your head? You understand that statement and that action are entirely incongruous, right?

As for my heritage, I don’t really see how that’s relevant, but you’re jumping to conclusions that are inaccurate. I’ve had kin here for more than a decade, not that it matters, and I can assure you - the Gods do not want to see people flee these shores. Forcing people into uncomfortable situations is also, I believe, contrary to what the Gods would wish. Thus the reason for the implementation of the laws in situ. I could be wrong, however. Perhaps the powers that be do wish to see swathes of the population chased away to satisfy the egos of a few, and for the country to be reduced to a ghost town. In which case, I’m happy to correct the record, if you could provide me with some sort of evidence to reinforce your claims?

"You are the one taking my actions as disrespectful, did I....shake my head in disgust? did I shake my head because you are harping on trying to find anyway to say I'm being disrespectful and it is getting old? No. I merely shook my head. Please stop pushing this point."

"The population has been fleeing these shores for longer than those in power have been in power. Even with others in power the same thing occurs. This has been and forever will be the mafia, those are the options - join someone, take a flight to your favorite location and vacation for a while, or die - and have always been the options. For EVERYONE. Trade the leadership with whoever you favor and it wouldn't be blossoming either. They would do the same thing, you would just be happier because its someone you like, it is as simple as that. This subject (people leaving) has way more to it than what this discussion is about. So once again, the simple version is 'My friends aren't in power, so I don't want to join a family and would rather sit crewless and hide behind the way I am using the gods wishes to my advantage'."

Report Post Tip

By all means, explain the reason behind that action then? I’m a big boy, I can accept when I’m wrong, but so far, your actions have appeared to imply a feeling of derision - initially at one person specifically that you were openly critical of. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable assumption to make that the actions you make are indicative of a feeling of derision. As I say though; I’m very willing to accept I’m mistaken… I’d just like some clarity about the intent behind the action?

Once again, you’re making assumptions based on nothing. Who said I am out here because I’m seeking new leadership? Who said I want my friends in power? Who says I even have friends - and if I do, that they aren’t currently in some sort of power position? All I have said is that I don’t think that this announcement is what the Gods intend for this world, and I’ve challenged you to refute that assertion, which you appear unable to do.

Report Post Tip

I got through listening to about half of this horseshit and had to stop. I'm not listening to anymore. It's not fucking hard to find a crew. In fact, they might even fight over you if you're not half a moron. Oh boo fucking hoo, you're scaring people away. NO WE FUCKING ARE NOT. This is Cosa Nostra - organized crime. If you want to take part, you have to join a family. That's the whole nature and definition of this thing of ours. If you don't want to take part, what in the fuck are you doing here? Take your fucking diaper, your bottle, your sense of entitlement and childhood with too many hugs and not enough ass whoopings, and get the fuck out of here.

Sometimes I honestly hate you fucking imbeciles. 

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $7,327,777 Tip

I'm going to retrospectively quote the main god himself. I'm doing so on the bases that the original speaker deemed it fit to bring up the subject in a different coffee shop....which is pretty contradictory tbh and doesn't help his case that this is "not a measure of "danger levels"

My take on it was that gangsters and those about to turn gangsters need to be shot, and you either get on board or fuck off. If that was not the gist of it then maybe the logs I read are different. Reply by: Squishy at Sep 13, '20 22:26 Report Post

which is very much the tone of all my replies, even stating this before  mr Giles brought up an old conversation I a different coffee shop

Report Post Tip

I got through listening to about half of this horseshit and had to stop. I'm not listening to anymore. It's not fucking hard to find a crew. In fact, they might even fight over you if you're not half a moron. Oh boo fucking hoo, you're scaring people away. NO WE FUCKING ARE NOT. This is Cosa Nostra - organized crime. If you want to take part, you have to join a family. That's the whole nature and definition of this thing of ours. If you don't want to take part, what in the fuck are you doing here? Take your fucking diaper, your bottle, your sense of entitlement and childhood with too many hugs and not enough ass whoopings, and get the fuck out of here.

Sometimes I honestly hate you fucking imbeciles. 

How does any of this have anything to do with the topic being discussed? If personal attacks about the participants involved in the discussion is the only arrow left in your quiver, I think it’s safe to say your argument has no merit. Furthermore, if I’m the subject of this rant, it’s also misdirected because I’m clearly already in a crew - that doesn’t mean I won’t voice my opinion, however. And is that not what these hallowed streets are for? Why have a debating chamber if not to discuss and debate the merits of ideas put forth? To hold to account those with the power to effect change?

Nevertheless, and since neither debate nor the ability to voice concerns or an opinion is apparently welcome in the public gallery anymore, like justsellingperks, I’ll also end by quoting the big man upstairs: -

I write this in with a heavy heart, but I think it is needed so that we can restore the game to a better place.  A few years ago, a group of people let the game get to their head and were not happy just running the game, they wanted more.  They set out to seek the enjoyment of not only being at the top, but the thrill they got from holding everyone else down.  To them it was a zero sum game, they cant enjoy it unless the rest are miserable.  When this no longer kept their peckers hard, they turned their sights even higher.  If we kill someone over and over and over, they will stop coming back…

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/1571263#24512473

To suggest this is a meritless discussion really does spit in the face of what the Gods want, whether you’re willing to accept it or not, and this was the result of the last time people were forced out of the game at the hands of a regime who said “get on board or we’re gonna kill you”: -

I look forward to that back alley thread with every upper being on the same page so that we can start restoring features of the game that have been altered or turned off due to some power hungry people who only get their rod hard by making your experience miserable.

After all, is that not what this regime sought to avoid? Concern that “…would the dark days have returned?” sadly, it appears this leadership iteration has become a cheap, knock-off of a brand they claimed to have saved us all from - and don’t you dare question it!

You're conflating different things, whether that is by design to be intentionally disingenuous I can't quite tell. 

Anyway, if you leave everything else at the door and take this at face value, there is nothing unreasonable about it. Requiring everyone to join a family after 7 days of unsponsored freedom is not equivalent to the systematic targeting of certain individuals regardless of the actions they perform over and over. The latter has not been publicly announced. 

"Get on board or we're gonna kill you" is pretty much the paradigm for this life, isn't it? Why don't you just shoot someone's CA? Their bodyguards? The person themselves? Because you're going to get killed for it. This is no different nor should it be. Power sets the rules and those without it follow them. 

If the Gods want to intervene, as evidenced by the two quotes you've read out here, they will do so and they don't need a mouthpiece or us speculating about their whims. I'd also bet my right arm at least one spineless toad has already tried to get them to interpret this as breaking the laws of the universe because that is the type of fix-my-problems-for-me dweebery that runs unchecked here. They haven't done so as yet, so perhaps they are not as enraged as you suggest? I guess we'll see. 

Ultimately, if this was a more sinister move towards "the dark days" as you fear, rest assured it would not be RupertGiles making that call and announcing the decision to do so in the Streets.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,500,000 Tip

There is nothing quite like an under simplification, is there..... there are rules put in place for people/regimes that are detriment to our world. Such as punishing people for reporting rules breaks (see what I did there?) As such the main man upstairs has to intervien.

If the Gods want to intervene, as evidenced by the two quotes you've read out here, they will do so and they don't need a mouthpiece or us speculating about their whims. I'd also bet my right arm at least one spineless toad has already tried to get them to interpret this as breaking the laws of the universe because that is the type of fix-my-problems-for-me dweebery that runs unchunchecked. 

If you're talking about me, then you're very mistaken. That's saved for only a few very special people. However, once again, we shouldn't be dettered from taking the appropriate action for these types of things if,  the current regime are doing things "unchecked"  while you're the regime in power, it doesn't mean you're lawless to thr big man upstairs. People seem to forget that crew leaders set the standard and are expected to be better than the rest of us.... but abuse of power, is well, abuse of power. This is why the gods interject, at times.

Nobody is saying they will, nobody I know has reported it. We are debating it in the streets, like the good old days. It's you that are resorting to name calling and taking the tone into the gutter. 

Disagree or don't, the get on board or die situation that the currently leaders are taking, is a backwards step. It's step towards DISORDER... a place I'm sure many of.you power today, hated with a passion. Let that sink in

There is a significant difference between whistleblowing, i.e. reporting someone breaking the rules or crossing the line, and low-key dog whistling for thunderbolts from the sky, i.e. we don't like these people and want you to kill them for us. The appropriate action if you feel intervention is required would be to actually report it and blow the whistle. Nobody is deterring you from doing that, and if you feel this is abuse of power or a lawless overstep of the defined parameters, you should report it. Yet you state you haven't done so, why not? Is it or is it not? If it isn't, why are you constantly referring to the intentions of the Gods and how this defies their will? It makes Fido's ears prick up.

You call it under simplification, which is just simplification, but to me it is actually listening to the words being spoken rather than jumping to conclusions that this is secretly a ploy to kill you at 11 days. If you were complaining about having to join a family at 48 hours, I'd still think you were being ridiculous but it would at least be a significant shortening of the norm. With this change you're still getting an entire week to make a decision, why is that so terrible? Because you don't like it and you're being "forced"? The whole world runs that way and always has; from before DISORDER and beyond. 

Report Post Tip

the appropriate action if you feel intervention is required would be to actually report it and blow the whistle. Nobody is deterring you from doing that, and if you feel this is abuse of power or a lawless overstep of the defined parameters, you should report it.

If the Gods want to intervene, as evidenced by the two quotes you've read out here, they will do so and they don't need a mouthpiece or us speculating about their whims. I'd also bet my right arm at least one spineless toad has already tried to get them to interpret this as breaking the laws of the universe because that is the type of fix-my-problems-for-me dweebery that runs unchunchecked. 

Didn't you just previously tell me i was conflicting things and to make my mind up? id like to point you to the above quotes. As you initial reply is pretty much calling someone a rat for doing so. Now you're encouraging it? 

my father was killed on 48 hours. the note he was left.... "you had 2 days to join a crew, be better" 

So your talk about 11 days blah blah is utter rubbish, its already happening...

Report Post Tip

No, I didn't. I said that JordieBarrett was conflating things. I said that you should report this if you feel it breaks the rules and queried why you haven't done so if that is the case. Why is that? 

My previous reply refers to the spineless cowards who are unable to do things for themselves so run and cry to those above in the hopes of getting their problems solved for them. That is not genuine whistleblowing, which I explained for you in my previous reply, it is a dog whistle to City Hall/the gods/Squishy to try and get people into trouble. There is a difference. 

I don't know who your father was. Why wasn't he capable of getting himself into a crew within 2 days? 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Announcement: Your Days Are Numbered.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL