Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 08:18:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Announcement: Your Days Are Numbered. Started by: RupertGiles on Feb 04, '24 23:19

Whilst I'm here, I thought I would also share this bit of "Suggested Reading", maybe it'll help you out so you don't make the same mistake as your father.  

Importance of crews and finding one

It should not be a shock to you that the Mafia is organized and puts a large importance into family. Having a family is the only way to stay safe, people are less likely to shoot you if someone else will avenge your death. Choosing your family is the single biggest decision you will make. This decision affects the rest of your life, this will be the place you call home, the people you interact with most, and the people you go to war with. Because this is such an important decision, it should be made carefully. You are welcome to take up to 48 hours to talk to crew members and find a good fit for you, know what is expected of you, and know your role. As a newer person you should be looking for friendly people willing to help you find your way. Doing jobs will allow the crew sponsors to come to you, if you wish to go to them you can visit the crew list....to see all the crews in the country and the upper structures that run them

This is in addition to the shadowy messenger who warns you about the risks of remaining unsponsored and seems very similar to what I and others have been trying to tell you. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

harison listened to Rupert's announcement and the thoughts of those other folks that happened to be lingering on the street corner.   A lot of valid points were made, some harison agreed with, some he did not.   

But harison isn't one to blindly follow the masses.   His first instict was to look at this as a golden opportunity for the city of Las Vegas.    While many of the other cities were shunning these random gangsters, what if he......embraced them?!   You know, took them in when no one else wanted them?   

Thoughts of hundreds of unsponsored gangsters flooding the streets of Sin City peaked his interest.    One city's trash is another one's treasure....or something like that.    This could be akin to finding a modern-day Cuerdale Hoard.....of unsponsored gangsters!

harison quickly telegrammed PR_Rep to draft an annoucement with corresponding posters that he can plaster all over his city outlining all the benefits his new policy will surely bring to Las Vegas.    

An hour passed, then two, then three.... PR_Rep usually is quicker than this.    

Since harison was worried some other city would steal his thunder and announce this policy quicker than him, he phoned PR_Rep to see what the hold up was.

"Sorry boss, I just can't put a positive spin on this,"  PR_Rep said sadly.   "I know that's my job, but for the first time in my life, I've got nothing.  Feel free to put a bullet in my head, or knee, or tickle me unmericifully.    Whatever you feel is just."

This had never happened before...so it made harison ponder things over a bit.   

What was the benefit of having unsponsored gangsters around, growing old and gray on our streets but not actually entering this thing of ours in any way?

After not coming up with any possible benefit, he slowly approached the street corner, jumped on Al-Bundy's shoulders so the crowd could see him clearly and stated:

"Las Vegas will be joining in this initiative as well.   Any unsponsored criminals that would like to inquire about a home in Las Vegas, please do some work for us or speak to one the city's crew leaders directly.   We will likely be able to fit you in somewhere."

And with that, harison dramatically pointed west in the direction of the setting sun and Al-Bundy starting walking them in that direction.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $430,000 Tip
Who was it that said...

"Join a crew and sell your Contraband"

The harison crew does not currently have any work for you.
The BulletToothTony crew does not currently have any work for you.
The MrSki crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Pain crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Slash crew does not currently have any work for you.

Cool..cheers for the advice.
Report Post Tip

Al had been standing in the fact, drinking a beer, tossing shoes at fat women and looking like he was a lousy day with all the shouting that reminded him of his nagging wife who he never managed to get rid of. Yet the beer had been good and he felt his throat was well lubricated so after Ivar slid of the soapbox, Al jumped on it, fell over, ripped his shirt but managed to right himself and again ascend the boxHe was still a bit tired from carrying around the GFC boss baby, that kid was way heavier than he looked!! His golden plated diaper surely weighed a few more pounds than needed too!

Now now people, let's keep our cool heads and dive into this matter. We have some people in favor of the suggestion, which seemingly is quite supported with people who have clout to make changes or keep the current balance of power on the one hand, and some critical voices on the other hand. Now i'm only a lowly shoe salesman, who is upstarted a bit and now with the help of a PR Rep i learnt some public speaking, but i shall be short and as concise as my current intoxicated brain allows me

Now, mr Justsellingperks, you complain about your father (who knows what his name was) to be shot well before his prime, but you clearly have chose a nickname that bears little to no interest to any hardworking CL or hand let alone sponsor. You could have rather named yourself, 'livingofmyancestorsinheritance' for all that's worth. Your name clearly shows your lack of interest to put effort forward, so i ask of you, which leader who is not only tasked with keeping his own HQ afloat, both in terms of finances, security, internal operations and personal goals and ambitions, is interested in hiring a person who is like 99% surely not going to apply themselves, and benefit the family that takes him in? You clearly state you will not do anything illicit, you will not murder anyone, and you are only here to sell contraband. Would you pay a share of your profits to the hq or leader that protects you from assailants? Most people who decide not to partake in active criminal lives, whether joining a family or not do not reward their leaders for their hard work, and literally just use them for protection without anything giving in return.

Would you agree, that makes most leaders a little sceptical of hiring people if often this is behavior they face from other recruits?

Mr Barrett, you claim that the people who are at the higher stratosphere of power in the current organization of our criminal world, are hypocrites for preaching one thing and doing another. Yet you are yourself professing a lot of items, for which only you use your own perception and hearsay of things going on. Are you privy to a lot of information you are not disclosing here, or are you projecting your own person experiences to all people who walk these streets and/or actively avoid an organized group to improve their chances of survival?

In my journals, and my own experiences I have seen many explanations from current leaders why they have taken aggressive actions against other groups, often in my opinion with proper cause and their violence in my eyes has been more than proportionate to the implied or inflicted damage to their operations. But that can be just a difference of opinions and the fact my perception is different than yours.

One thing neither mr Barret nor the guy unwilling to work and use his ancestors wealth to make it through life, is that being a leader is hard work. Not only does a leader have to be an inspiring person to at least his close group of friends/allies. They need to be financially capable of raising and sustaining funds to keep their operations afloat. They need to invest in hiring sufficient protection details for their own persons, and often a number of persons around them. They need to also pay off hit list rewards, as we have seen many and high ones of those lately.

On top of that they need to show their faces enough on the streets and public places to earn sufficient reputation and respect of not only their allies, enemies but also any random civilian who has an opinion. 

They need to be calm, composed and willing to engage with gangsters like yourself, who have done nothing to contribute to this community except raise your opinions, which often times clearly lack the depth and insight of how many conversations, meetings, problem solving skills the current leaders have shown in times of mishaps, conspiracies and damn right sabotage to their operations.

Neither did any of you care to really invest time into seeing the number of sponsors or uppers active in recruiting, or allowing new faces to start doing ad-hoc jobs. The number of times the mayor has taken action by sending streetkids with molotovs have been so low, other regimes could only dream of.

Now you will probably disagree or find fault with my reasoning. But in essence what Don Ketamine has said is true, for every ounce of effort I and my ancestors have put into setting up job boards, recruiting, encouraging people around me to chase recruits is often 10x as much as the replies or interest shown by the job takers.

There are exceptions, and each recruit that has at least the decency to reply, to honestly show willingness to be contributing factor, whether small, medium or big will get the proper attention, coaching and support from me. Lately the number of recruits are quite low, but i would like to perhaps call out two people i recently met, which could attest to my willingness to show them what in my eyes a good sponsor can do to help people establish themselves in this life of ours calicali ironclad.

Have a good night ladies and gentlemen

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $270,000 Tip

Now, mr Justsellingperks, you complain about your father (who knows what his name was) to be shot well before his prime, but you clearly have chose a nickname that bears little to no interest to any hardworking CL or hand let alone sponsor. You could have rather named yourself, 'livingofmyancestorsinheritance' for all that's worth. Your name clearly shows your lack of interest to put effort forward, so i ask of you, which leader who is not only tasked with keeping his own HQ afloat, both in terms of finances, security, internal operations and personal goals and ambitions, is interested in hiring a person who is like 99% surely not going to apply themselves, and benefit the family that takes him in?

im not sure how long your lineage has been around. But there is a very old lineage, the BOD lineage. He named one of his sons "BackToShootPeeps"... and he, belive it or not that name made gfc, I've I remember correctly.  So I'm gona have to call your logic out, in afraid. I mean, so if that guy, at the very least made it into crew, then why can't I with my name.... is it becuase I'm questioning the idea? 

I've also been told if I wish to not he killed and just sell my Contraband,  I'm welcome to find a crew. I've tried. And all cl's have turned thier job boards off too me.

Honestly, I didn't listen to much else..but in terms to your question about what I CAN DO FOR THEM.. well thats an impossible answer. When there is a vouch system back in place and the SPREADSHEET. We all know it exists, I've seen it. You're probably not well informed enough to be privy to such info.

Report Post Tip

You've mentioned about being told to "just sell your contraband" twice now, and I assume you're referring to me with this. What I actually said was I'm sure you could approach sponsors and secure temporary sponsorship. I didn't say that they would be rolling out the red carpet for you. In any event, if you haven't noticed, I'm a no-name Gary Goomba in Vegas, so I don't actually control any crew and can't tell you specifically whether or not that is possible for you in your circumstance. I was offering an opinion based upon my own experience in how I would deal with that situation if that was my intention.

As you have access to all this groundbreaking information, I'm sure you know this already but if your goal is actually to "just sell your contraband" then you need to put all of this shit away and do that. As you have spent the last couple of days out here complaining and bemoaning how stacked the board is against you; you've hardly given off the impression of being a desirable associate for anyone, have you? You could probably still get sponsorship from someone if you tried to do something other than just complain out here and use the job board hoping for the best. Have you actually mailed any sponsors? Have you made them an offer of what you're prepared to do in exchange for their protection? I'm guessing not because it is easier to complain than take proactive steps towards betterment. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip

One thing neither mr Barret nor the guy unwilling to work and use his ancestors wealth to make it through life, is that being a leader is hard work.

I can assure you, both justsellingperks and myself are well versed in the art of leadership. Both he and I are well aware of the what is required to hold a leadership role.

Mr Barrett, you claim that the people who are at the higher stratosphere of power in the current organization of our criminal world, are hypocrites for preaching one thing and doing another.

I don’t think I would agree that is true in this discussion for the most part, to be honest. Initially I came here to voice a concern with the policy. I’ve cited my reasons and provided quotes to justify my stance, and - more often than not - had my character attacked for going against the grain.

…have done nothing to contribute to this community except raise your opinions, which often times clearly lack the depth and insight of how many conversations, meetings, problem solving skills the current leaders have shown in times of mishaps, conspiracies and damn right sabotage to their operations.

Furthermore, I would also disagree I have contributed nothing. As I have said in this very discussion - I believe discord is what these streets are for; I simply don’t believe in sycophancy and forelock tugging for the sake of it. I’ll toe the official party line, of course, but I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to question policy which appears to defy the Gods. When asked to expand further, I’ve done so, so to say I lack depth is - I would contend - quite an unfair criticism. If you require clarity on any of the points I’ve raised, by all means ask and I’ll explain my position.

…for every ounce of effort I and my ancestors have put into setting up job boards, recruiting, encouraging people around me to chase recruits is often 10x as much as the replies or interest shown by the job takers.

You won’t hear any disagreement from me on this point. It is the nature of the beast, sadly. Threatening to kill anyone who opts to use divine protection to their benefit is, I would suggest, counterproductive to recruitment however. Taking an “accept it or migrate to the old country” stance is not conducive to a successful employment drive, in my opinion. As I said previously; a carrot approach is far more likely to yield results than that of the stick.

Report Post Tip

As you have access to all this groundbreaking information, I'm sure you know this already but if your goal is actually to "just sell your contraband" then you need to put all of this shit away and do that. As you have spent the last couple of days out here complaining and bemoaning how stacked the board is against you; you've hardly given off the impression of being a desirable associate for anyone, have you? You could probably still get sponsorship from someone if you tried to do something other than just complain out here and use the job board hoping for the best. Have you actually mailed any sponsors? Have you made them an offer of what you're prepared to do in exchange for their protection? I'm guessing not because it is easier to complain than take proactive steps towards bettbetterment

Why can't both co-exsist? Why does it have to be one or the other. Why are crew leaders so precious about me voicing an opinion, on a ground breaking stance, that they see fit to exclude me from doing jobs, therefore limiting my chance to join a crew. Which further enhances my chance at "finding a bullet to the back of head"

It's a public sidewalk, a RHM of an organisation has come out here to announce thier stand point on it. Are you/him simply wanting people to not reply, accept it ans shut up? Another case of get on board or die? 

Report Post Tip

I haven't excluded anyone, not even you Justsellingperks, from doing jobs. Complaining about others during my interviews and not selling me on what you have to bring to the table, is what is off putting and caused me reservations about taking you in. 

It will be a hard sell to change my mind but if you are up to the challange, send me a letter or visit my office. I am curious if you have the ambition to stay alive and can convince me that you are worth saving from being homeless. Complaining is obviously not working in your favor. 

Report Post Tip

Why can't both complaining about the decisions and behaviours of those in charge and your being sponsored by them so you can do whatever you like co-exist? The answer to that seems obvious to me. Why should they? You, like me, are a nobody. Why should you, in a hierarchical society run exclusively by the mob, as an unaffiliated Gangster in a country they control, be allowed to do and say whatever you like? You aren't offering anything positive to them, so why should they permit you to do what you want? That has been my point all along. You complain about the crews being closed to you but you're not doing anything to change that.

I don't know if crew leaders are precious about you voicing an opinion. I'd guess they don't care all that much, they just don't want you in their crews. Just a hunch though and I'd refer you back to my previous self-assessment as a no-name Gary Goomba who doesn't know anything, so maybe they are clutching their pearls tighter with each thing you say. Probably not though. 

I also don't know why you think I would not want people to reply to this announcement. I haven't said that to you and in fact I've rather enjoyed this chat as a distraction. You've asked questions of me, largely ignored the counterarguments made to those questions and drawn conclusions which I don't agree with so I've offered my response to them. If you want to keep going, please do, you can do whatever you like here until someone else more powerful stops you.

Report Post Tip

Why should you, in a hierarchical society run exclusively by the mob, as an unaffiliated Gangster in a country they control, be allowed to do and say whatever you like

I mean if you want to talk about historical and the correct way of how things are done. Why would a RHM of a crime organisation come out into the middle of the streets and announce to actively committing murder. There are law enforcement all over the streets. That makes very little sense...... as little sense as a nobody like me having my say, right?

Also, you've further enhanced my point; you're telling me People just don't want me in thier crew..and why is that.

Becuase they have then the time to get to know me?

They have contacted me after doing jobs?

They have asked me questions and found out they don't like me

The answe to the question above is simply because I'm voicing an opinion here and no other reason. You can choose to spin it however you like. But the only person to not turn off thier jobs board and actually took the time to talk to me, has invited in to thier crew. Ima say that goes along way to debunking your..they just don't like you, over me voicing an opinion theory.

Report Post Tip

There are things we sacrifice to make this an enjoyable experience and things we don't because they formulate the experience. We have streets because (to me) it would be boring without them. We commit a petty crime every 3 mins and 20 seconds or break someone out of jail every 20 seconds because we require it for advancement. Neither are "realistic", both are necessary. Similarly, we can talk openly about crime without fear of arrest because it would be a far worse experience if we didn't. Sacrifices to realism for the benefit of the experience are good, disregarding fundamental elements of what make the experience worthwhile is not. One of those fundamentals is the hierarchy, without it why advance, why have a family, why strive towards anything if it is meaningless? 

My theory wasn't "they just don't like you" over voicing an opinion,  it was that "you haven't done anything to merit sponsorship" and you needed to do something rather than expecting it. I questioned you repeatedly about what you had done to try and get sponsorship and you ignored me. The recurring theme throughout all of this is that you haven't listened to what is being said and chose to hear something else. My first reply, "Got shit to sell? Get a sponsor", do something. My second reply, "If you're that determined to remain unsponsored, try doing something Gangster and cutting a deal", do something. My third reply "I am certain you could approach virtually every open crew and receive temporary sponsorship", do something. And on and on. It was you throughout telling me that you couldn't join a crew when you hadn't done anything and I was saying you could. And fancy that, now you've done something and spoken with someone you've gotten a sponsor. You can sell your contraband, congratulations.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $1,040,000 Tip

The hilarity of this whole thing is that before this announcement census data stated we had 33 unsponsored active people, we are now up to 43. Could this be tied to the epidemic of people catching death pellets to the brain & no Witness Statements being required? Who knows?

Join a crew or die OR Join a crew & die when you have worked and contributed to the organization to get hit by your own & no witnesses requested to come forward. Talk about Hobson's choice.&nbsp;

P.S. You are all huge nerds. I am all for this change as long as we balance it by removing auth. Consulting the history books the last time it was open season on unsponsored / returning players was when the gods took exception & removed auth for shots. I will dance with glee should this happen again.  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
As I am new to this life I can’t talk about the way things used to be but I can give my opinion and share my experience.

As a new face around here when you don’t know anybody or have any ancestors it can be lonely when you start off, you don’t understand the how’s and why’s.
There’s not much communication between people, lots of people who go back a long time and it almost feels like you’re the new kid at a new school. Al_bunny is the reason I am still here and continue to grow. He has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome and show me how things work around here. I believe that is vital to have more communication with fresh faces to make them feel better and more apart of this life. If that means they have to find a family then that means communication which I am all for. I think the positive out weighs the negatives.

Just my opinion….
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Aloysius walks into the middle of the street and spits at his feet. 

Bring it the fuck on cocksuckers. I'm in Philly. 

Report Post Tip

Gillian was walking by the crowded street, when suddenly she heard a splat. She looked down and her brand new shoes were covered in spit. She looked to the side, and a guy was furiously spitting and screaming challenges at the sky.

"Rude!" She yelled, and proceeded to throw her dirty shoes at him.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Announcement: Your Days Are Numbered.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL