Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:30
Page:  1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
And Now For Some REAL News Out Of Philly Started by: LottaBEssen on Nov 26, '11 17:02

Lotta steps out of the coffeeshops and into the streets with an announcement to make

Ladies and gentlemen, lend me your ears. For today, I come to you with some real, truthful, accurate news coming out of Philadelphia.

First, the sad news. Cataclysmic has other obligations at this time and will be stepping down for the time being. He will be housed in my home and eventually will find his way back to his own Headquarters.

In the meantime, Pharol is going to be setting up in his place. Pharol has more than earned his position, and at this point, I am naming him official Underboss of Philadelphia. I am sure that with him as Underboss, only great things will come to our beautiful city.

I am sure Pharol will come out and announce the opening of his Headquarters when its done being painted, so look forward to that.

I am more than proud today of Pharol, and I'm positive he's going to do a fine job heading up his own little HQ.

Report Post Tip

La Muerta pops a bottle of champagne

Congrats Pharol!

Report Post Tip

Mikey takes a moment from dodging bullets from these annoying FBN Agents to give his respects...

Hmmm something refreshing other than other people's rants about how much LottaBEssen is a crappy leader and how Philly is a dump. Thank you Miss Lotta for bringing us something actually true.

Congrats my friend Pharol. Would say good luck but you don't need it. And don't forget that you still have friends working for Miss Lotta if you ever need anything.

Mikey goes back to bullet dodging.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm something refreshing other than other people's rants about how much LottaBEssen is a crappy leader and how Philly is a dump. Thank you Miss Lotta for bringing us something actually true.

Yeah. It is nice. Allowing a leader to leave a load of unsponsored members to be slaughtered is fantastic leadership from the city of Philly.

Report Post Tip

One was elsewhere and the other two were untagged. Clearly stated in the GFC announcement that anyone not tagged is fair game.

Were there announcements made in Philly about these new set fundamentals? Yes. So run along now.

Report Post Tip

So why were they not tagged? Why step down before you have carried out the usual practice of moving all members over? It is not that difficult.

You have to defend it. It's your city. I understand that. I cannot see many agreeing with you. Especially as by my reckoning you lost 4 (possibly 5. Gangster with no 'tag' by his name') and not 3 members.

Report Post Tip

_Thor_ witnesses the bodies hitting the floor and shakes his head at Lotta

The city of Philadelphia continues to amaze me with their piss poor standards. Shows how much you care for your members when you leave them out to die rather than wait and house them before making such changes. Four innocent lives taken right there.

Well done Lotta, well done.

Report Post Tip

Mr Hunt,

I really don't like your tone. However, I will say that everyone was told prior to this change. They were sent invites. They were asked to put their family tags in their profiles WEEKS ago. If they are inactive, untagged, and did not accept the invite, how exactly is that showing bad leadership? It's not like I can sit over every single member and force them to do what's best for them. So before you point fingers, perhaps you should check your sources. Unless of course, your sources are the same as the others who have jumped on the Lets Hate Philly Bandwagon.....in which case, there is no hope for you.

Report Post Tip

Mikey, I believe Gene was making the point that it would have been much safer for those involved to have their current leader keep their HQ doors open until all possible family members had moved their stuff over to the New HQ Pharol was building.

Obviously he wasn't talking about the Untagged members, like you said yourself, they have been announced before as fair game.

Report Post Tip

That is perfectly fine. I don't like seeing innocent blood on the streets but as I said. Fine.

How is it showing bad leadership? Do I really have to answer this? You have members who are happy not to display your family names and you just let them do it? Fair enough. I obviously read the wrong handbook.

You should be sat over them doing whats best for them. It's your job to do whats best for them. It's what you do as a Crewleader and a Godfather. Sorry to seem like I being an obnoxious shite but someone has to point this out?

I have no sources. I saw it with my own eyes. I also don't hate Philly and I'm on no bandwagon. But I have got the handbook and I see it being used upside down.

Report Post Tip

Ms Worley,

They were given that chance. Cata's members were not going to be transferred over to Pharol, they came to me. Those who did not respond have been inactive.

You guys are acting like I just had Cata drop his crew and did not give anyone any warning or the opportunity to gain housing under my roof. They had plenty of time to do so, and if those who were left behind are untagged and did not respond to my invite, that is in no way my fault.

I did not want to leave Cata set up before Pharol took over, as to not break the GF Council rules for new HQ's. I did this by the rules, as best as I could.

Report Post Tip

Those who did not respond have been inactive.

They were all active within the last 48 hours, minus one.

Cata should have been kept set up until all members had transferred.

Report Post Tip

Mr Hunt,

I appreciate where you're coming from, but honestly, how am I to do this when they haven't shown their faces in quite some time? It's hard to govern people who are not here.

I do hate that there has been innocent bloodshed. Loathe it! But I cannot force people to wake up from their sleep. I do not have the access to go into each of their offices and make sure their family names are on their business cards.

I sit over my city as best as I can, with those who are awake and active. I cannot sit over sleeping people.

Report Post Tip

And Thor,

This has been in the works for over 72 hours. They were warned. They were sent invites.

Report Post Tip

As Miss Lotta said, she did this the best she could without breaking any rules.

And Thor your statement saying should have done this, should have done that, really means nothing. Because we all know things don't always happen the way they should.

Report Post Tip

Murder_Inc and Arkan were both here today. You have left them in a blood thirsty world to fend for themselves because they had 72 hours notice.

Considering you hate seeing innocent bloodshed I'd say that pretty much guaranteed it.

But as long as you're happy in your choices it is not my place to preach. I have had may say. We will have to agree to disagree.

Report Post Tip

In that case, why did Philly not shoot them theirself before Cata stood down?

Poor drills.

Report Post Tip

I was hoping this would be a slightly more light-hearted discussion, but I see many in our world simply won't allow that to happen.

First of all, Gene, please note that there are only three people who have obeyed orders by showing off their crew tag, and have each been offered invites. The Godfather Council policy protects them, so anyone shooting at the tagged members would be blatantly disregarding a nation-wide rule. I believe that protection is just as valid as being within a Philly HQ.

Thor, stop jumping on every anti-Philadelphia bandwagon. You did this with ManicStreetPreacher's ramblings, you did this with FattyFat's analysis of our city. Gene has made your point very clear, so maybe it's time to either come up with your own anti-Philly rally, or leave this one alone.

The GF Council policy only allows for a certain number of HQs under certain circumstances. Our timing as a bit off, as well, because the Gods gave us short notice when the HQ was sold. I wouldn't have minded to wait a bit longer to save those lives. But we were between a rock and a hard place throughout this whole process. I'm disgusted that people would use an auth speech to express uneducated remarks about a circumstance they don't fully understand. It really makes you look like jackasses.

So when you look at it; Philly had two ways to play this. Break the GF Council policy and set up more HQs than allowed, or do our best to work around the scenario in which we were put.

Report Post Tip

They also had invites sent to them Mr Hunt......I cannot force people to accept a place in my home. I can only offer.

Report Post Tip

Tommy coughs slightly before lighting a cigar and entering the conversation.

Ahem. Not to be "that guy" who switches the debate/conversation midstream, but I'd like to take a second away from this... Discussion, and toss out a congratulations to Pharol! I've seen your work around the streets and I'm excited to see how this plays out.

Tommy sits on the side to listen to the rest of the debate

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: And Now For Some REAL News Out Of Philly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL