Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 18:55:30
Game Suggestions
4 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 [ > - >>> ]
Inactivity penalties. Started by: agsrgsghhg on Mar 04, '24 15:38

Hi, 

This may, or may not have been suggested before so I apologise if it has.

IG Inactivity penalties for CL which stagger down to crew.  Perks for those whose CL's IG activity is high.

Fairly simple one this.  If you take on a leadership position and your game activity is low, obscenely low, insanely low etc etc then your crew suffers as a result of this.

If you take on a leadership position and your game activity is high, obscenely high etc then your crew is rewarded as a result of this.

Some examples:

• -xx% taken on all crime incoming for low activity
  • +xx% on all crimes for high activity
  • -xx% taken on all drugs profit incoming for low activity
  • +xx% on all drug profit for high activity

I am sure there are more that could be brainstormed and this should only apply to game activity, Lounge activity should have no bearing. 

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $560,000 Tip

I think thats a great idea!

+1

Report Post Tip
Should it just take the average of all 3 uppers from the family and use that single number to compare? A family can still be functional provided that there is coverage across the board, which can be done by very active uppers compensating for very low active ones in the same family. Just worth considering the pros and cons.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Hmmmm, 

I hadn't thought about it from that angle.  I would say the LHM and RHM have some bearing, maybe 20% each, with the brunt of the responsibility (60%) down to the CL

33.3333333333333333*  is also a lovely number to work with though.

Report Post Tip

I would also be happy with 25/25/50 

:)

Report Post Tip

I like this suggestion a lot

25/25/50 sounds good to me 

+1 

Report Post Tip

Isn't the hour clarification based on the activity of other uppers? Like if I decide to suddenly get into writing again and not sleeping and start spending 80 hours a week, doesn't the "ranking" of time drop? Where below when have 2 of the same time spans with different titles, (which is another thing that would be confusing) but if I suddenly tripled my time wouldn't the ranking be High, average, low even if they have the same hours? 

CL Game Activity: Extremely High (30-40 Hours Per Week)

RHM Game Activity: Average (20-30 Hours Per Week)

LHM Game Activity: High (30-40 Hours Per Week)

I'm not against it, I just wanted to clarify the time thing because a crew where the uppers are just barely managing that hour cut off aren't going to suddenly start pumping up their hours, they have checked out and aren't going to start quadrupling their time here just so their crews don't miss out on some $. 

I would also suggest perhaps if we're looking at upper activity, where we have hustle for RAT kills - why not start rewarding crew members who have active crews. "Thanks to the uppers of X Crew, Y has been awarded a hustle point/credit/lotto ticket". 

The community goes rabid for free shit & has a horrible case FOMO - publically showing they're missing out might actually cause some to start doing something about the IA uppers instead of just waiting for someone else to do it. 

Report Post Tip

This is a game meant to be played for enjoyment.

Why should anyone be penalised for playing less or even worse, penalised for the game time of someone else?

I can see having scaled rewards for high activity, as an incentive and then reward, but punishing people for playing less than they did at some point previously or less than to whatever standard is considered acceptable is surely the wrong way to view the problem. 

Shouldn't we instead ask why do people go from being the most active they've ever been, usually directly before coming into a position of responsibility, CL, RHM, LHM etc., to the least active they've ever been once they achieve it? 

I'd say rewarding high activity is a good suggestion. Don't have negative implications for not playing as much, that isn't the best way to motivate people, just get less than those doing more. 

Where below when have 2 of the same time spans with different titles, (which is another thing that would be confusing) but if I suddenly tripled my time wouldn't the ranking be High, average, low even if they have the same hours? 

CL Game Activity: Extremely High (30-40 Hours Per Week)

RHM Game Activity: Average (20-30 Hours Per Week)

LHM Game Activity: High (30-40 Hours Per Week)

The reason two of them are showing similar hours is because we obscure the hours a bit, average currently is 22.6 hours (20.5 to 24.6 as of this moment fall into the average tier) It breaks down all of the times for all of the uppers and puts them into tiers, then smooths the numbers a bit similar to a 95 percentile. The tiers are dynamic just like the hours people put in, so average one week may be 19 and it may be 28 the next week, it all sorta depends on the climate of the game, who the uppers are and what's happening in general for the last week.

I'd rather not say "Bob has played 22.6 hours this week", I would rather list it in a way that users know they are playing on par with the other uppers (or all users in general if we go that way), hence the tiers that it's broken down into.  If we were too granular then I feel it's a little too much information.

Report Post Tip

I know you've mentioned it before and I know we've discussed showing actual hours, so thank you for explaining! I've just never clearly seen two with different words but same hours so wanted to flag it as a potential issue if the change happens because you know what we're like. 

"Well My CL Is 30-40 and so is that one, but WE are being penalized and THEY aren't. UNFAIR. IZZY PLAYS FAVORITES OMG IZZY OMG HOW DAR U RUIN MY FAKE LIFE ONLINE!!!+11+!!" etc etc. 

Report Post Tip

Why should anyone be penalised for playing less or even worse, penalised for the game time of someone else?

But we already are penalized - IA crews are boring as fuck. And you can see that if you ever join one and the crew chat is dead unless someone has a hustle to do. The game is social and community driven, and this is one of the reasons I can never incog, I come here for the social aspect. Sometimes I don't want to talk in main, but my Crew, District and City chat are fucking ghost towns so then I find something else to do or somewhere else to be social and then slowly just stop logging in... 

Report Post Tip

Shouldn't we instead ask why do people go from being the most active they've ever been, usually directly before coming into a position of responsibility, CL, RHM, LHM etc., to the least active they've ever been once they achieve it? 

There is great enjoyment in fighting for the sake of gaining power, but it's utterly joyless to fight for the sake of maintaining it.

I think that's primarily why, after a move is made and a status quo begins to form (with only minor shifts every once in a while), people at the top become less and less motivated and you start to see people's activity and/or engagement plummet. I do not have a solution for this, but I think the first sentence of this post the core of the "why".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

So I would say I do agree that a dead crew will make me leave and an active crew will keep me here and active. I see several points where people will be active but the uppers are not. If the whole crew is already dealing with IA uppers and then start taking losses because of that it makes them want to leave as well. They cant just leave the IA crew they are in or they get killed and have to rebuild all the work already put in when the CL or hands were active. 

I do however believe that if the uppers are IA they should suffer, IE loss of bonuses and even character without taking the entire crew, I do agree the other uppers should also be penalized for allowing the one to fall below allowed time. That one I dont have a solution for.

I see a lot of times where the expectation falls on the CL and hands to regulate the others but there is also only so much a hand can do if the CL is not there. I have been hands to several CLs who barely checked in and all I could do was run the crew and talk for them. What would be the recomended response that would not be seen as betraying my crew?

Report Post Tip

If you're already punished by being in an IA crew, how is punishing you more the solution to that problem? The issue is the lack of activity from the senior leadership, which in most cases is due to a lack of desire to continue playing as they did previously. I don't see how making things worse for the members particularly is going to encourage someone who is not motivated to suddenly become so except maybe out of guilt, which is not sustainable either. This makes me think you're already in an IA crew and now enjoying the game even less due to the further penalisation, which can surely only lead to greater disillusion and an eventual logout. 

I do fully agree that this is a social and community driven enterprise. For me, and most others I assume, the more enjoyable times were those where the crew and/or the game itself via the forums were very active. This makes me think that the emphasis needs to be placed on encouraging activity not punishing a lack of it. Bored, disillusioned people "putting the hours in" are hardly going to produce positive outcomes.

I think instead the question we should be brainstorming answers to is, "how do we make senior leadership stay active?" 

Okay hear me out, how about we don't penalize the crew members for their uppers as most members are stuck and can't just up and leave a crew. And we don't know if a crew chat will be dead or not by just looking at how much active the CL and hands are coz they may be active in game and not chat in crew, rather their own server or on a different app, leaving crew chat dull.

How about if we do want to penalize we do it to the people who are actually to blame.

While I agree with:

• -xx% taken on all crime incoming for low activity
  • +xx% on all crimes for high activity
  • -xx% taken on all drugs profit incoming for low activity
  • +xx% on all drug profit for high activity

Maybe we do it only for the CLs and hands and not the entire crew.

Along with those maybe a few more like:

When someone pays a crew tax, xx% gets taken out due to low activity.

Same for the donations to Crew leaders. And I personally think this will hurt the CLs the most cos the compared to this other income is mere pennies. So this may drive them to finally be active or bear huge loss.

I have always believed positive rewards make people care more and do more than negative or punishments for not doing something. People already don't want to be CLs or hands and have made finding people harder. Enacting negative xp will make people lose even more interest in being an upper. I understand uppers should be active.

I log in every day and check in on things, see if there is anything important, etc. Yet, my activity still stays around 10-15 hours a week. I'm not saying I'm a star quality upper. I used to try much harder, but to be quite honest I lost that drive because most members (no offense y'all) don't care to even do anything except for themselves. They don't care to participate in a competition or even donate (I know not everyone, but it's usually only the same people who bother). That is why you see a lot of rinse and repeat of familiar names. The blame is not solely on the Uppers, but everyone these days. 

So after my speech, I'd be for this if it just gave bonus xp, not negative. 

So after my speech, I'd be for this if it just gave bonus xp, not negative. 

We are talking in terms of a percentage of Money not XP Clarity. And I must say you do make good points.

My apologies, I read "xx" as xp. But the points stand the same :) Appreciate it! Ruffian!

Well, I never expected this to gain so much traction to be honest.  All make salient and relevant points.

I stand by my assertion that there needs to be some sort of -xx% on whatever stats/rewards/perks are decided upon as well as a +xx%.  Perhaps make the lowest -xx% a much smaller drop than the rises for the +XX%.

Not sure what the tiers are but something like this:

Baseline is 100%

Low = -2%                  High = +5%

E Low = -5%               E High = +10%

I Low = -10%              I High = +20%

Highest crew activity (CL+LH+RH) - +5% (bonus)

Also, in the interests of fairness to the RP'ers and those who are incredibly active in the forums, there should be some sort of mechanism to not penalise a leader whose button clicking activity is low but who is a regular wordsmith.  Obviously some sort of cut off point on posts per (week?) would need to be implemented here. 

Report Post Tip

I do however believe that if the uppers are IA they should suffer, IE loss of bonuses and even character without taking the entire crew, I do agree the other uppers should also be penalized for allowing the one to fall below allowed time. That one I dont have a solution for.

You turned the original idea into something way better. +1

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Inactivity penalties.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL