Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 07:15:44
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Does Transistor Want To Be Kuku? Started by: MrKuku on Mar 18, '24 10:53

My lineage has been known as many things in our time. I have held every position there is; leader, hand, soldier. Seen all there is to see. 

A Leader of the Streets. An Orator of the Year. 

What can we say about someone like Transistor?

I am famous for writing newspapers. Before the ink had dried on my most recent effort, Transistor announced an entire media network which - to date - has managed to publish nothing but a cake recipe.

I am famous for my wealth. Transistor knows this, and hounds me for a hand-out of 80 million dollars. 

I am famous for my competitions. While Lincoln_Lawyer's events took the lives of thousands, my lineage filled the pockets of millions. Transistor prays to be seen in the same light, but a desperate, vain speech attracted the attention of no one. 

I am famous as an assassin. Transistor killed his own RHM - Albino - just to impress me. 

I am famous in general, which Transistor yearns for, even while the community thumbs their noses at him and the parrot on his shoulder (Warmonger). 

Does Transistor want to be Kuku?

Does the evidence speak for itself?

Report Post Tips: 33 / Total: $80,520,000 Tip

Not really, no.

Report Post Tips: 16 / Total: $99,674,430 Tip

Not really, no.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $736,969 Tip
Yes, I think you do. Show, don't tell, darling. The signs are clear to see.
Report Post Tip
The truth is, I like you, Transistor. It is flattering to see my influence materialize in tangible ways. Is it true you killed Warmonger's father for being a traitor to the family?
Report Post Tip

I’m sorry MrKuku, I don’t mean to be rude… but what makes you think you’re so famous?

I’ll be quite honest with you… my family line has walked these shores longer than any, and up until recently, I’d never heard of you. 

You speak of fame for being a leader and “orator of the year”, but as near as I can tell, these self appointed titles are just evidence of your delusions of grandeur, more so than any real fame. 

Also probably worth saying, I think there’s a fine line between fame and infamy. For instance, there’s a lot of songs out there that everyone knows… not because they’re any good… but because they’re fucking irritating and grating. We have a relatively small audience here, it’s actually quite easy to be famous. But you get to decide what you’re famous for. Maybe see if you can be famous for not being a twat? You might like it!

Side note; megalomania is a very treatable form of insanity! Reach out to your healthcare practitioner!

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $5,020,969 Tip

Sisu:

How long your family line has been around is completely irrelevant given this is the first time you've visited the Streets in your lifetime - welcome - and presumably ever. The Streets are the lifeblood of our community. I should be saying I've never heard of you, son. 

What better example of how my lineage has led the Streets than right in this moment - having drawn a mute out from the shadows and into the light. Welcome to the world, Sisu

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

MrKuku, you're a nobody. Worse, you're vermin. Wake up son

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This might put me in very bad graces with the family, but I just can simply no longer tolerate the fake outrage here. Does Transistor want to be a Kuku? Well, I'm his LHM, so if anybody would know, I would. Let me just say that there is a picture of Kuku hanging up on the wall in his office in a very nice frame. When asked about it, he said it was for the dart board, but I think I saw him kissing it once.

So, in short, does Transistor want to be a Kuku? Yes. So does Gillian.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $276,000 Tip

How dare you expose me that way! It was a secret!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
You see MrKuku, that’s where you’re wrong. My family line walking the streets as long as they have is possibly the most relevant factor in this discussion.
Just because someone isn’t speaking, does not mean they’re not listening. In fact, if you yourself ever shut up for a second, you might learn that those who actually listen without speaking are often the ones who take the most away from a conversation. And while you find it easy to call yourself a leader of the streets by drawing people into conversation… I actually know of several great speakers that have left the streets altogether because they grew tired of your incessant boasting and didn’t feel like dealing with you anymore. One of them mentioned something about it being like playing chess with a pigeon and was sick of picking up the pieces.

Over the years, I have seen great speakers arrive and leave these streaks. The great ones will always be remembered. You, sir, simply will not. When your family line leaves these shores, it is unlikely you’ll ever be spoken of again, until the next irritating, pompous shitbag shows up and someone wonders aloud whether or not it is you come out of retirement. Quite the legacy to leave sir.

I am more than fine with you having never heard of me. You may have never heard my family line, that’s OK too.
The difference between you and I, as I have never felt the need to come to the streets and frantically waive my hands, saying “look at me look at me!” and trying to get everyone’s attention. My family line has put its efforts into building relationships… and I suspect and hope that if you were to poll some of the more ACTUALLY famous family lines that have graced our streets, they would not only tell you that they knew me, but also that they consider me a friend.

I feel sorry for you, honestly. It must be deflating to be constantly crying for attention, but the only attention you receive is negative. It’s probably your parents fault. I suspect they aren’t very good people.
Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $1,416,969 Tip

My parents were very bad at making choices, as is painfully obvious to anyone who has had the misfortune of having to address a letter to me.

When they went to a pet store to figure out what animal friend to placate me and my brother with, they'd simply buy every critter in sight (we ended up with 4 bunnies, 2 cats, 6 hamsters, a ferret, 3 goldfish, a dog, and a gecko).

When they went to a restaurant and had to choose what dish to order, they'd simply choose everything on the menu (instead of taking the Lobster Ravioli like any sensible person would).

They enlisted me in 6 different sports, namely football, badminton, tennis, bobsleighing, basketball and ballet.

When going to the local marketplace to buy a newspaper, they'd bring home all 6 competing brands (I remember my mother lamenting being unable to obtain The Weekly Gazette due to its untimely publication).

It should be no surprise how I ended up with the name I was given. Who am I even? Am I Dave? Jim? Tom? I do not know.

Personally, I would love to be kuku. To have a single, well defined identity. To be renowned. To be known for my virtue and moderate temperament. To be known for my wise judgements in matters of mafia-politics. To be known for my keen insights into the goings-on behind the scenes, the inner workings of "this thing of ours". To be known for my financial wit, being able to create mountains out of molehills. To be known for my ability to bring the people together, fostering community through organising competitive writing competitions with generous prizes for entrants and non-entrants alike.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Kuku the beggar yeh I’m sure there’s a long line to be a cheating, lying peasant like kuku.

Sisu, as previously pointed out, I have done you a service. Here you are, engaging. In your life of indolence, when was the last time you felt this rush? I have led, you have followed. A leader is the one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way (to The Streets). 

Over the years, I have seen great speakers arrive and leave these streaks.

While I have you under my wing, let's start on bad habits. Streaks? You can barely get the words out properly. Breathe, son. Count to ten. Samsara is nirvana.  

Gigantopithecus, it's a natural thing, an obvious thing, I am happy to mentor him, like Sisu, if he would admit it himself. 

Report Post Tip

That was your takeaway from all of that hey? A typo?

Everyone is right, you are a waste of time.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

What do you want from me, Sisu? It's all me, me, me with you. You said "I think there's a fine line between fame and infamy". You're a grammatical gumshoe, son. My name rings through the Streets like church bells. My talent is God given. I'm famous just as well as infamous. Who's counting? Would you like some money? 

Report Post Tip

Your accountant makes note that $1,000,000 has been wired to Sisu from your account. The note "You're a good sport, son" was included.

Sisu and I have sat down privately and come to an agreement. I thank him for his humility, and offer this generous cash gift as a runner-up prize. With Street experience, his abilities will continue to improve. There is no reason the rest of you cannot be as understanding. 

Report Post Tip

I also require instruction. It will take about 5 million to help me understand.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $5,000,000 Tip
Mar 18, 23:19:17 Your accountant has made payment of $1,000,000 to ♥Transistor. The note "Forwarded from Kuku. He’s still 79 million short, but i guess he’s broke." was included.

79 million is the current debt.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $1,037,979 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Does Transistor Want To Be Kuku?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL