Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:10
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
These sad times. Really. Started by: Michael_Trapani on Dec 30, '11 01:52

]To: Michael_Trapani
Sent: Dec 30, '11 01:37
Subject: You asked for it

Walking down the streets you notice a Limousine pull over practically in front of you. You jump back and wonder what is going on and you see a very big and dangerous looking man open the door so a tall man very well dressed could get out of the car. You expect him to look at you and talk to you, but you realize he is just headed to the cafe you were walking by. He notices you still staring and yells.

What are YOU looking at?

The big man that just opened the door starts walking towards you and you are left without reaction for a second. Then, the man that just talked to you, obviously his boss, tells him to stop. He then starts to say:

On second look, I don’t remember ever seeing you around here. Are you new in town? What are you doing walking down these streets alone? This part of town is not safe at all. Is that a purse I see you holding?

He then steps over so he can lower his voice while still making it able for you to hear him.

If you want to survive in this world, you better not go solo for long. People around here get very territorial. You better find shelter from a Mafia Boss pretty soon or you won’t live long. I am feeling generous right now. Do you have questions? Do you need some basic guidance? I’m willing to buy you a cup of coffee if you want to join me. Mind you, be careful of your choice of words if you decline. I am making you an offer out of good faith, you better not make me regret it.[

Is this REALLY what things are coming to these days? People are typing the most half assed thing and passing it off as a recruitment message. Member whoring is rampant. I've been alive for about a half hour and two, yes, TWO people messaged me. (Three including that kind 'Anonymous fellow). And this is the stuff I get. He sent me two messengers to pick me up, this is the second one. The first one was much better. Too bad he didn't use the same messenger.

All of this member whoring these days it pitiful, when I started this game, I was messaged and recruited by a stranger because this game was unknown to me. So I thank them. Now, I'd like to publicly bash member whoring which is presumably for the good of this site. So I must say to you all, never message -48s, even if they are random people who had just set their first toe onto our shores. Don't member whore, it is pure evil and whoever does it is clearly a heathen. REPENT!!!

Mikey Trap does a sardonic bow, and spins on the soapbox with his ceremonial fedora.

Report Post Tip

The trick is, find someone already housed in a crew...and try to recruit their next character on the sly! Of course, if you're caught by their current city, you must deny deny deny. 

Apparently, it's the only safe way to recruit these days. Coffee shop relationships or bust!

Report Post Tip

If you weren't such an halfwit, you would know the difference between whoring and not. But you, like almost everyone else that cries member whore, doesn't have the slightest clue what the hell it mean. Crawl back in your hole...

Report Post Tip

Member whore I hear you cry? I've fought against "whoring" for a long time but lets face it. Without the godfather council imposing a ban of sorts we'll never get rid of it. You, however have broken the basic principle of omerta by dragging a private conversation between you and another mafioso out onto our fair streets. Is anyone going to take any particular notice of this? More than likely not. You're more likely to be slated for dragging MM's into the street. Mong.

Report Post Tip

Well, H__S, I would got into a rather cuss-infused flare of anger because of the fact that you're head is so thick that you can't realize sarcasm. But I won't mock the fact that your parents are siblings. So I bid you an adieu.

Mikey Trap still loiters and dances on the soapbox as he waves to H__S.

Report Post Tip

Meh... I don't think it's so bad to bring a private conversation in here. That's why I always try to be careful with what I say in case I end up being quoted to somebody else.

But this young man here got me... I'm a memberwhore at heart and I deserve punishment. It's just that my crew is so small and I feel so lonely all by myself that I need friends so that's why I talk to everybody that will listen...

Report Post Tip

bboy hears a young man talking about sad days...it took bboy's attention specially during this season when every one is supposed to be happy..

Is this REALLY what things are coming to these days?

I'll throw you the same question...coz back in the old days private conversations remain as that.."private". Sad times indeed...sad times.

Report Post Tip

Mike sees where this is going and pulls out a bullwhip.

Well then, Ashes. What punishment would you like today? I'll give you some company.

Report Post Tip

Apollymi notices Michael speaking and laughs out loud before she can catch herself.

I'm fairly sure if Ashes was definitely in need of company it wouldn't be your, at least I wouldn't think so. He has such a lovely crew to talk to that don't go about throwing his mails in the streets..

Report Post Tip

Africanus pulls up in a white unmarked van, with no windows in the rear compartment. He rolls down the window.

"Michael, want some candy?" He says with a wink.

Report Post Tip

Apoll, I think everyone wants their dirty undies in the street sometimes, I know that I do. Literally.

Mike winks, licks his lips, and turns his attention to Africanus.

What kind or candy?

Report Post Tip

Apollymi gives Michael a disgusted look.

Don't lick your lips at me little man. You wouldn't know how to deal with a lady. However, what you do with your undies is none of my concern. I could just imagine that my crewleader has better things to do then mix with you and your little bullwhip.

Report Post Tip

Africanus leans back and retrieves a paper bag. He slowly lifts it and exclaims. "Charleston Chew my friend. Turn that frown around my friend."

Report Post Tip

Michael, I don't mind my undies in the streets, but not the dirty ones... that would embarass me. :(

And if you're planning to keep me company, then we can think of my punishment while we drink that coffe I offered, what do you say?

Report Post Tip

Mike walks off of the soapbox and up to Ashes.

Okay, make it a good coffee. Iced with scotch.

Mike waves to Apoll. Then he looks at Africanus.

Sorry, maybe next time.

Report Post Tip

i really don't think 'Member Whoring" exists. it's just the fact that we have 19 crews, and i don't even know how many made men all looking for people to join with them and make them money. to call that member whoring is just rediculous on all accounts.

if you factor all those numbers up i'm suprised you only got two YES TWO messages.

and for the record, that whole beginning part... if someone actually sent that to you, thats a great lane. way better than mine when i try to get sponsers. i would have signed up with him instead of posting it in the street and disrespecting him.

you should count your blessings people want you keep you alive and not the other way around. don't bite the hand thats feeds and so on and so on.

Report Post Tip

if Michael doesn't want to be bothered with invites then let him be. lets see how long he survives in the streets without someone to back him up.

Report Post Tip

"Hey kid i see you're alone...would you like to join my crew?I'll give you 500K cash and a bg if you join my crew."

That for me would look like member whoring...all i see on my good friend Ashes correspondence to you is an invite for a cup of coffee and maybe some time to answer any questions you may have in tiny mind of yours.

Report Post Tip

well i think some money is ok to offer, to help them get on their feet. for drug deals, tipping, flying... but not 500K! wow

Report Post Tip

To be honest, Fingolfin, in my humble opinion, if you offer the money upfront, it kind of becomes member whoring. If you surprise the kid with a wad of cash after he accepted your invitation, then you're a nice guy and a good sponsor.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: These sad times. Really.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL