Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:45
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Bloodlines Does it really mean anything? Started by: Stan_Smithjr on Jan 02, '12 14:59

Stan walks up to the ever present soap box that even when stolen still manages to find its way back to a street courner, Stan straightens his tie and steps up.

Ok people i know Don Stallion has talked about this in his own way, But i feel the need to readress this since to me certain people put to much emphises on who they where not who they are.

Now i dont care if your Grear Great Great Great Great great.....Grand daddy was Urrg who ran the 1st crew out of a cave in the region thats now Philly and started and won the 1st Mob war with his 500+ Club of Mobster Smiteing.

Your a thug now looking for a home nothing but a peon to someone like me. Who really cares if your Mummy/Daddy was a Godfather should they as a thug be given more respect then a Don? My answer is NO, i have done the family thing and looked for new faces to fill our ranks and been left wondering who the hell does this civilian think he is? Why are you talking to me? I dont Know you? My bloodline has been around here forever. Well mate i dont want to know you and with that attidude i dont think i want to. If i felt like tooting my own horn i can say well my bloodline ventured to these shores dureing Anitas reign in Philly and fought dureing the soundwarnings war and i wouldnt be lying,But Hell it matters not

There dead dust in the ground. Though some people veiw that as hey your a nobody hell i am the Son/Daughter of Blogg the Great who ran his crew out of a cave in whats now Los Vegas and ended Urrgs reign of tyranny to become the 1st Godfather ever.

Well mate your a thug now a nobody i think its time to get over it.

Stan nsteps off the box and awaits the verble triade.

Report Post Tip

Um.. Neigh.. Myself and My Father and my fathers father and his fathers father have always kept to ourselfs. So to me, Bloodline counts for nothing. But even if you are the blood of some high ranking dude.. Yeah, You might have some interest but your now a thug on the sidewalk wanting to be a big shot again.. 

Love you all.

Report Post Tip

Avidly listening to Stan, Chico nods his appreciation for the fine speech by the Don from the Big Easy.

An interesting view sir, if I may be as bold to say.

Whilst I agree in principle to your fine opinions I'd like you to consider another point of view.

Those who have been fortunate to have been born into bloodlines of greatness will have grown from the cradle hearing tales of courage and wonderment. They will have mingled with the families of other great achievers and will have been passed knowledge and experiences which the common thug will never imagine.

Above all, they will have been born into a position of privilege and will have a ready network of contacts and associates which others may only dream of.

Chico tips his hat in respect and wanders off to improve his own networking skills.

Report Post Tip

I don't think it matters as such but it's about knowing who you can trust to do a good job. If an individual is renowned for being a strong negotiator, a brilliant hit man or an awesome racketeer then of course it makes sense to take them in. Bloodlines don't mean anything if you don't know the bloodline itself. But i know that personally for me, there are several people i would take within a heart beat because i know what their line is capable of.

Report Post Tip

As Rory says it depends on the bloodline I suppose. There are some that you can never be sure of as to whether they are going to do their best or fade away into a deep grave within days. Do I think bloodlines should be considered when taking someone in? Not so much. Not every bloodline will follow the same lines as their previous ancestors. I don't think anyone ever really knows if or when they will step up to what people know they can do or if they will waste it away.

Do I think a bloodline should flaunt itself as a thug? I guess that's up to them and whoever they are speaking to. Cant decide how one person will take it versus another. Everyone is not the same.

Report Post Tip

Of course it means something. What kind of question is that?

It means you have experience It means you understand this place, more than your average "Thug" It means that (depending on who you are), you or your "father" have developed a name for yourselves here, that people ( depending on who are are ), can trust.

When i return from being away and I arrive under the Surname of my father, Men and women who knew him as well as their children who heard tale of me, and knew i was trusted, bestow that same trust in me, knowing The family name has never faltered, or been untrustworthy. They know that my family name stands for something and that something, whatever it is, they can bank on.

That is why bloodline matter, Jr. You are only as good as your word. And if you happen to be blessed, with a long family history of respected, organized, sociable people, then you as well, will likely fall right back in line, where your mom or pop left off.

Report Post Tip

Listens to High society then steps forward

You seem to be off track there, My point is that there now a thug a peon a nobody if i approach them in the street is it ok for them to talk down on me? There nothing anymore sure they might no skills ect but hey i am not going to jump when they tell me to.

Report Post Tip

You asked two big questions, i answered the biggest. Yes, it means something.

Now, Just because i am of the High Society bloodline, and die 7 minutes from now, does that mean when i come back, i can run my mouth to a CL, because i was an LHM 10 minutes ago? No, absoluteley not.

But, that doesn't mean a bloodline doesn't mean anything either ;)

Report Post Tip

I think Stan is pointing out more of the bloodlines that believe they should have a silver spoon in their mouth when they return. Not those that are willing to actually put forth the work. Although I could be wrong.

Report Post Tip

Civ listens to Stan and feels the need to say his thoughts on the subject...

Well Stan, you certainly had me thinking of a few things to say here. About bloodlines... there are two paths to follow, good bloodlines and bad ones. Of course, i am old school and tend to give each of my members a equal shot when they join my crew. They are all considered the same until they start working for me. Their actions tell me more about how great there bloodlines were more than words. Well... i am not saying words dont count, they do. Words are very important, if they think they can talk to me as a leader would talk to his Rhm or member, they cannot be more wrong. I am there Boss, that is a fact... it is what they are now that matters. What they say to me now as well. I run my family as i please, as i always wanted a family to be ran. No one but myself can tell me how i want my family to be ran. Well, my Godfather only has this right though, if i ever get out of line. If this makes any sence... i truly believe it does. I am sure... as their bloodline has led before, would never accept someone else telling them what to do. But, dont get me wrong... i am open to suggestions, and i make mistakes just like any other human beeing. There are ways in saying things to a leader, and that has to always be respected. As a leader, i demand respect from my members... that is most important. As i want the members to respect my hands as well, to me... they deserve the same respect.

I guess it all sums up to respect. Respect is everything, if you have respect... you have everything. Simply put, interesting subject there Stan.

Civ takes his cigar back from Stan's pocket and taps him on the shoulder!

Report Post Tip

You are not wrong in that Assumption Apollymi you are correct

Stan Smiles at Apollymi and tips his hat

Report Post Tip

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow.

Don't stop, it'll soon be here.

It'll be, better than before.

Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone!

Unfortunately those words aren't true for everyone.

You know why?

Why - Africanus, tell us?

Okay, okay I'll tell you already! Some folks just get too hung up on the past. My friends yesterday is gone! Our ancestors have made plenty of friends, mistakes, and learnt lessons along the way. It's up to us to apply that ancestoral knowledge and do something with it today.

Report Post Tip

Bloodlines mean everything if you ask me, though on the flip side of some thug trying to ride on the coat tails of his GF father, I've known some bloodlines to remain quiet and build of thier own right, for a new challenge and for some peace and quiet. So in that aspect, not ignoring thier bloodlines as such, but more a fresh start, building new allies and friends along the way.

Report Post Tip

It's up to us to apply that ancestoral knowledge and do something with it today.

That's kinda the point though, isn't it? I mean, that's really all a Bloodline means to me. Its a way to assess how much knowledge may have been passed onto the young civilian that's looking to embark on a criminal life. The height that person actually reached makes little difference to me, the only telling factor is what they did when they got there, what sort of experience have they passed onto their kin.

What I find funny is the fact there are many Bloodlines around these parts that hate to be remembered for whatever "bad" things they're ancestors have done, yet expect to still be able to hold onto the good? Got to take one with the other in my opinion.. buts that's another argument and slightly off point, I guess.

So as I was saying; Bloodlines are important to me, but who your father/mother was doesn't give you any right to an easier life, anyone that thinks like that had better find another family as you'll soon realise that its not the case in mine.

Report Post Tip

You know, this is something that will probably come across perhaps as controversial and perhaps a little self entitled, but I am absolutely going to reference my bloodline if it's going to get me preferential treatment. My bloodline, with a couple of exceptions, have worked extremely hard to create and maintain a well regarded 'legacy' (for want of a less arrogant sounding word), as have countless folks around here; so damn right I'll use that to my advantage if I can.

When I arrived to these shores, I had two options. Go by my birth name of 'Cyril' or revert to the moniker many of my forebears have taken - some variant on Sprozz/Sprozza/Sprozztitute - et cetera.

Don't get me wrong, do not believe for a single second that I have not earnt my place as one of Monet's senior members or as a made guy in Chicago as a whole - I would not insult JesseJames or Monet in that fashion because they promote when it is earned; but certainly it's true that as 'Sprozz' I am allowed much more freedom than new comer Joe Bloggs.

For example, when I arrived I was able to say 'Hey, you knew my dad pretty well can I work with you? Oh, and I could do with a few hundred grand just to set me up with some rackets.' The response was 'no problem!' which certainly isn't the reply I'd have got I introduced myself as '-Cuthbert-'.

So, does my bloodline matter? To me, yes. I'm not saying I'll shamelessly exploit my bloodline's name, rest on past successes and achieve nothing for myself; but I will reference my bloodline's general conduct and behaviour as proof that people in my family have generally been known as 'stand up guys'

Do other people's bloodlines matter to me? Absolutely, yes. Our thing tends to be cyclical and fathers and sons generally share similar characteristics, and I won't skirt around the fact that there are numerous people I still distrust because their bloodline seems to cross the same line over and over. If I had the power, would I go as far as to 'bloodline hunt'? Never say never, but I'd probably give it a catchier name - something like 'Preemptive Darwinism'.

Report Post Tip

i will tell you this...

my family tree means everything to me, however, it means crap to anyone else, since i'm not them.

so from a practical point of view, bloodlines ( oh how i despise that term) mean zero, nada, nothing, ziltz, zippo.

Not to the powers that be, not to my family heads, not to my boss and most of all, not to me.

i am whom *I* am and I make sure to be someone unique as all my releatives have been, generation after generation.

Report Post Tip

Basically most people will always rely on their bloodline to get ahead even when they swear up and down that they don't. They feel entitled to something and think they can put down anyone, sad really. It's about who you are not who "you" were, you build your name or die trying.

(when I say "build a name" I certainly don't mean to live off it every fucking character from here on out. I mean seriously, how can you enjoy a game where all you gotta do is say "I was @@@@@" and then you're a RHM and next in line for CL? It's about the work, not trying for some sort of hollow fucking "victory". Suppose that's another debate though eh?)

Report Post Tip

Slowly making her way through the crowd, Clarity was working her way up to make a response to the speaker. Nodding her head in respect she began to talk.

"Sorry to say, but bloodlines will always affect you starting out. It is how the world turns. If your bloodline was royalty, then so are you. People will remember what your bloodline has done in the past."

"Whether or not you were the person who kills themselves over and over for stupid reasons, the person who popped a shot and murdered innocent lives, the person who saved the damsel in distress, or the hero who smiles and kisses babies. You will be remembered and judged for your bloodlines past."

"Why? Well, because what you have done can for-tell what you may do in the future. If you pick up someone that you know has betrayed people many times, what would you expect of that bloodline? Betrayal, unless they prove otherwise. If someone came to you and had an excellent service record. I'd give them a gold star for effort, and you would expect them to pull their weight and do a great job."

"As much as we would like to think, just because you come back as a measly thug, doesn't mean you are a nobody. People work hard to build a standing foundation for their bloodline or they enjoy destroying their chances of ever succeeding at anything. So to say that your bloodline means nothing now that you're a thug, won't ever stand true. At least not in my books. Almost everyone will ask a  new person if they are new or who their bloodline once was. They do this to figure out what type of associate or family member this person will be like."

"You can either take it or leave it, but why would people try so hard if their bloodline was to just be forgotten about after they die? They want to be remembered and when their bloodline returns they hope people see this and don't just treat them like some shitty thug or gangster."

Clarity then tossed her hair behind her shoulders and smiled.

"That is just my two cents. We all have our own opinions and voices."

Report Post Tip

Looks around and pulls up some curb

Yes I am strong enough to actually pull up curb too people, anyway onto the answer.

As long as you have gangster peon LH and RH men or holding positions of power with in families, you will as well have Peons mouthing off. Why, because they are given that protection based on their over all contribution to a specific ruling family. This world is not fair nor has it ever been, personally I come out and say what I want. If I face the barrell of a gun for it so be it. If I get demoted, fined, excommunicated what ever so be it.

I find it interesting when people disregard the musings of a lower ranked simply because of their rank. It shows ignorance and weakness to belittle someone whom may have merit in thier statement simply because they are "Not worthy"...

Now if you are speaking of "disrespectful" comments such as "You smell of Gelfling and look like Smeagle on tartar sauce" well that again is not rank specific. Respect is earned and not given, I have seen and heard stories from my family of higher ranked individual's getting reprimanded over being disrespectful to lower ranks. Respect is Respect regardless of stature or rank.

Looks around and places his pieces of the curb back

Report Post Tip

Facts are facts. YOU are a nobody upon entering this thing, YOU have no name, YOU have everything to WORK for. It's about YOU not about them.

Anyone who comes boasting bloodlines means about as much to me as someone who knows nothing about how this world works. Lets me know you expect to make it off the past, I'd rather bring someone up then have someone think they're entitled to everything I WORKED for right off the bat.

Nothing in my families past should effect my future, I am what I make of me, not what someone else has made for me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bloodlines Does it really mean anything?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL